Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand in your Pants

Started by visualspice, April 24, 2013, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It was here Selaina was taken back.
"But I don't even know you and you're helping me. Not that I can complain but... might I ask why?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

There was a hell of a lot of racket on the other side of that rock and Russo kept trying to listen in, to hone in on a single thing.  There was definitely another person there, a woman from the sound of it, and Russo shook the rock in frustration.  "Hey!" he called through the talking rock.  "What the hell's going on out there?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Selaina nearly jumped out of her skin when her pocket began to talk. Quickly she pulled out the stone and spoke into it, "Er, sorry about that, Russo. I was in a bad spot, but seems like I ran into some help and the coast is clear for now."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Thiadis

Her gaze settled upon the rock. Some sort of enchantment for long distance communication, perhaps?

"What did you...?"

Focus.

"Right...well, never miss an opportunity to smash the patriarchy when you're out hunting."

She held out her hand and waved it distractedly. "Too much sun...can we go?"

Lion

"Who the hell is that?" Russo called through the rock, hearing the strange voice once again.  "What's your name?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Thiadis

Thiadis arched an eyebrow and sniffed.

"The talking rock makes demands. How droll."

visualspice

"Well.. it's kind of complicated to explain, but the short version is there are a pair of enchanted rocks that are connected together and allow the holder to magically speak to whomever is holding it's pair. Those men who were chasing me had abducted me along with these enchanted item- though the second pair fell onto this man's ship-"

"MY ship," Rain but in, having weaseled his way closer to Russo. "Captain of Conrad's Coin!" He added proudly.

Selaina sighed. "They're apparently some cursed ship or something stuck out in the Moraki Desert."

Lion

"Give me that!" Russo growled, glaring daggers at Rain.  He sighed heavily.  "What he says is true, but we're all stuck on this ship, unfortunately.  I apologize for any rudeness, but it's kind've hard to tell what's going on simply by listening to the voices on the other side.  But from the lack of any shouts, I'm assuming the men that were pursuing you are gone for the moment?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Thiadis

"A cursed ship?" She straightened up slightly with a smile on her lips. "What sort of curse?"

Find the ship, break the curse, write a tell all novel, fame, fortune...Yes, this sounded positively wonderful.

The mental link she had with Selaina's doppelganger was weakening. While this would free her to seek out the ship, she was concerned for the woman's safety. Being chased down alleyways by thugs is a bonding experience.

"Excuse me, talking rock! Tell me about this quaintly named ship."

She then turned to Selaina. "You really should consider hiding soon."

Lion

At the question, Russo turned his eyes back to Rain and sighed audibly.  "This talking rock is named Russo.  But I will refer you to the Captain - and I use the term loosely - of this vessel, if he's more inclined to tell you about it.

Russo handed the rock over to Rain.  "Talk."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Rain plucked the rock from Russo's clutches, and polished it off on his coat cuff as if Russo's fingers had soiled it. And he cleared his throat, held the rock to his lips and went on, "This is the Captain. In case you are wondering, yes, the ship is curse. No, you can't touch it. Touching it is a curse in itself. We need you to NOT touch it while bringing us tons of gold to break the curse."

And Seliana didn't even know how to answer that!

Thiadis

Thiadis slouched, scowling slightly. "I like Russo better," she muttered.

"Sooo, Captain," she called out. "How exactly did you find about this curse?"

visualspice

Selaina sighed along with her and grumbled, "I agree."

And she went silent again at Rain's response.
"I didn't exactly find it. It found me! But I can explain that later, at first I need to figure out where you two are and who you two are before I can trust you with anything else! If you want the other half of this precious enchanted rock, you'll do just as I say! NOW! The other part is also concerning bringing me gold..."

And at such an idea, Seliana grit her teeth and yelled into the rock.

"Look, Captain, I'm currently running from my life. If you want any sort of help from me, you have to help back!"

And at that- Rain went silent.

"Are you.. threatening me?" he asked astounded by the audacity of these two women!

"NO!" Selaina was about ready to pull out her hair. "What I'm saying is we need to make and acknowledge an agreement to work together-"

"Ah-ha! So you are trying to threaten me and my order. Did you not hear the part where I am Captain of this ship? And as a captain I command this entire crew and the vessel! Now are you in or are you out? Because lady, I'm about ready to toss this stone clean into the desert!"

Lion

Russo crossed his arms, looking at how ridiculous it appeared to see Rain screaming into a rock.  If he didn't find the man so insufferable, he'd probably laugh.  At his last threat, Russo chucked his head in his direction.  "Would that even work?" he asked aloud.  "Tossing it off the ship, I mean.  Wouldn't it just come right back up to it?  You said everything that touches this ship becomes apart of it and can't leave until the curse is broken.  Why wouldn't the same go for inanimate objects?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Rain glared daggers at Russo.
"Quiet you! Can't you see I'm negotiating here? And you're too new to this curse,,' he went on with a wave of his wrist. "You don't understand all of.its complexities!"

Thiadis

"My dear Captain, I have a suspicion that you don't yet understand the curse's complexities."

With the link to the glamour spell now broken and an uncomfortable mental image of being roasted alive by angry men on dragons now burning through her mind, Thiadis maintained the charm and grace of particularly venomous viper. She began to search recklessly through her bag, tossing an extra cloak over Selaina and shoving worn books under her arm.

"You are not negotiating," she continued. "You are demanding gold from two women that have just been chased around by annoying thugs and making evidently empty threats. Who told you gold would negate the curse?"

Potions clinked in thick glass jars. She selected two, a healing elixer with a delicate golden hue and one that appeared to be a captured thunder cloud, and placed them in the pockets of the cloak now draped over Selaina.

"Now, Captain and Mister Talking Rock, inform me of your general direction so that I may find you." Her exposed pale skin was turning an unfortunate shade of pink. She found a scarf and wrapped up her face, leaving only her glowering eyes visible.

visualspice

If Rain was pissed before, he was down right angry now. And if he were a bird, his feathers would be ruffled!

"The desert!" he spat at the rock, literally shaking it with rage. "We're in the only bloody desert around. Try heading for the Moraki!"

Lion

Of course, Rain had to go on and be incredibly RUDE!  Russo rolled his eyes as if wondering why he could've expected him to be anything but.  As Russo looked around, he eyed something odd on the horizon, as if clouds were settling down onto the dunes.

He shielded his eyes from the sun and looked out toward the horizon.  "Uh, Rain?" he said and reached out blindly to grab the man by the shoulder.  He yanked on his jacket sleeve.  "Rain.  If I were looking at a sand storm, just, uh, what would it look like?" he said, and pointed out toward the brewing clouds.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Sand storm?" Rain gave an irritable glare towards Russo, but the second he caught sight of the oncoming dust storm, his jaw dropped.

"Shit!" He wasted no time and began to run. "Take down the sails and get below deck! DUST STORM'S A COMIN'!"

Lion

Russo knew a storm when he saw one, but there just wasn't nearly enough crew to pull down the sails before the winds hit them. Instead he gathered what remained an flew below deck, slapping the lid just in time as the winds smacked them and abruptly lifted the ship up from where it lay beneath the sunken sands.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn