Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

House of Reeds [M]

Started by visualspice, March 30, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Oh, Zubin, I was worried too. And so afraid and confused. I thought you had been dead all of these years... What was I to think?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I'm sorry for that," he admitted softly.  "But, I didn't want to put you in danger.  Or put you in a position where you might have to protect me when you shouldn't."  Whatever that situation might be...  "And, anyway, as far as anyone else is concerned, that little boy is dead.  I have no intention to reclaim my name or position.  Honestly, I was thinking, after I'm done here, I might become a temple guard or...or something."

visualspice

"Oh, but Zubin, do you not see? You're alive!" she told him, eye sparkling through tears. "And if so... that means you're the rightful Shah." And at such an idea her eyes became large with wonder.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I'm not the Shah's son," He answered with an honest smile.  "And even if I were, there's nothing to be gained that I actually want.  I'm happier now than I would be there alone without you.  Richer, yes, but not happier."

Already, he knew this to be a fact...  He preferred the happy solitude where no one knew him than the dangerous position of Shah.  He had used up his luck in escaping the execution; he likely wouldn't be so lucky next time.

visualspice

And this is when her expression changed drastically, from the sweet sort of tears to the soured ones.
"But do you not feel we have be wronged?" She asked, voice growing sharper. "That what our father has done was against Hakeshna's will?"

Ivory

Zubin stared at her, as though such a statement were an entirely foreign line of thinking -- and, indeed, to him, it was.  He had let go all of that so long ago...because it would have driven him insane if he thought too hard on it.

"You'll have to pardon my stupidity -- you're the priestess, not me -- but I always figured Hakeshna would not have blessed him with a new family if it was."  It seemed like pretty safe reasoning to him, anyway!

visualspice

"Hakeshena!?" Aïda was fuming. "This has nothing to do with Hakeshna!" Shaking her head, the priestess went on, clenching her hands into tight, angry fists. "Our father was duped! The wife he had taken, she had to be some sort of manipulative sorceress, I just know it! And she seduced him, wanting the throne only for her.. Well, she got what was coming to her," Aïda went on, her demeanor turning dark.

Ivory

...But hadn't she just brought it up?

Nevermind.  This was obviously a bad subject -- and with good reason.  Instead of continuing to argue, he placed both hands out before him, his palms towards her and sank down to sit cross-legged on the ground.

He'd just let her fume for a bit...  There was no harm in that, surely...

visualspice

When Zubin took a seat, Aïda blinked.
"Zubin!? What are you doing?! Are you not as angry as I!? For you should be! To think, such a deceiver is allowed to rule our country! Do you not every pray over this injustice?"

Ivory

Zubin blinked right back at her, and then his expression melted into a sad one.  "Aïda, being angry...  It does nothing but sap your energy and distract you from what's truly important.  I made up my mind a long time ago that I would forgive them -- all of them.  And I'm happier for it.  After all, I've never known how many years I have left to live -- and it would be such a waste not to appreciate what I have, little as it is."

But, of course, he had a different perspective of events than she did...because he knew precisely how insignificant he was in the grand scheme of things.  She, though a priestess, had continued to find pampering and given a place of importance in society...

visualspice

"Forgiveness!?" her voice went shrill, nostrils flaring angrily. "They don't deserve forgiveness! And I'd curse her grave if I could!"

Ivory

Zubin peered up at her, disappointed, a bit, that she didn't agree with his outlook, but also completely understanding why she couldn't.  What the Shah had done was a terrible thing...but there was no point in letting that guide him for the rest of his life.

(But, by Hakeshna, she looked lovely with the color in her face and her eyes flashing!)

Instead of repeating himself or complimenting her, he asked only, "What do you intend to do about it?"

visualspice

It was then Aïda's anger, which seemed about to go over the top, rolled over into a simpering whisper. She sighed and turned to him.
"I don't know. But I can't do nothing. I just can't."

Ivory

His nod was ever-so-slight as he looked up at her, and then he offered her a vague smile.  "Come here."  He patted the ground beside him.  "That's a problem for another day.  I'm just glad you're alright.  When you ran off, I thought..."  Well, frankly...  "I thought I would never see you again."

visualspice

Aïda turned toward Zubin with tears in her eyes.
"But what other day, Zubin?" she asked, voice strained and wavering. But at his last statement, she found herself suddenly breaking down and crying.
"Oh, Mirza!" she said, throwing her arms around him. "Or Zubin, or whatever your name is now. How could I ever allow myself to become lost to you again? We have only just been found."

Ivory

"Well," he answered carefully, although he received her hug gratefully, "I wasn't honest with you...  That would be reason enough."

And he wouldn't have blamed her for it in the least...

"But, what are you doing out here, crying like this?  Did something happen?"  For she had been so upset...

visualspice

Lifting her gaze, her eyes peered into his.
"You do not need to apologize for that, Zubin. You had reasons to. If.. if you had told me when we first met, I don't know how I'd feel. It... it is a strange concept, to think my brother is still alive." And here she took his hand and squeezed it, but then recalled the kiss the moment he spoke the last question.

"Zubin.... I... we.... well, to be fair, I was upset." And she peeked back up at him. "We.... you.. you told me after I kissed you and I.." And here she flushed and dropped her gaze. "And now I'm torn to know I've fallen for my own brother, but I can not have him, for he has taken on another name."

And not to mention she was a priestess. A true, real union could never happen. But oh, was it not just enough to have him back? But now her heart was so confused and twisted, and she felt a few hot tears slip down her cheek.

Ivory

Zubin's guilt was apparent on his face when he answered her, but he made himself look at her, to admit his guilt.  "It's my fault, not your's.  I've spent so much time hoping for a way to connect with you -- but never really believing that I would -- that I..."  He cleared his throat softly.  "I never meant for you to see me as anything but a friend.  I should have put a stop to that...but I thought it was just my imagination, so I didn't think it would do any harm and that nothing would come of it."

And now look at the mess they were in...

"Don't blame yourself."

visualspice

"I am not regretful we have met," Aïda went on, eyes trying to read him as she saw the guilt, the shame. "Like you, I am only glad we are reunited at last I... You have no idea how happy this makes me feel. Do not let my anger cause you do believe other wise." She shook her head. "It is only of consequence to what has become of us, and what has become of you gives me even more reason to believe in my hate."

Ivory

Her response, inexplicably, only made the guilt on his face deepen.  For the first time since sitting, he pulled himself up, then rose to his full height...which, even at his age, was impressive.

"Then, perhaps, you were better off believing that your brother is dead, as you always have."  Softly, he added, "For all practical purposes, he is."