Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

House of Reeds [M]

Started by visualspice, March 30, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Aïda remained quiet when he spoke again- about being there to rescue her. That he wished he could have stopped it. It was only now she peered up at him curiously, with sadness still lingering in her eyes and tears shimmering and threatening across their surface.
"But you can not be to blame," she whispered. "And I was foolish. I should not have been outside so late at night on my own."

Neft'em had warmed them. Oh how he had done so, and she used to loathed him for his over dramatic lectures. Now she knew the truth in them. ANd it was too late.

Staring down at the waters again, she went quiet at his last question.

"Return to the temple," she said softly. For she knew not what to do other than to go back. Though she dreaded it. She wanted nothing more than to just fade away and never bear this weight on her shoulders- something she'd have to carry now with her for the rest of her life.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"I had this feeling they were up to no good," he muttered, clearly determined to take some of the blame on himself.  "I thought it was just my imagination."  He growled softly at the water, reaching out to give it a swipe.  Droplets flew prettily in every direction, but he seemed more focused on glaring at the fading ringlets as they spread outwards.

His anger, however, was quick to fade as their eyes met.  He held her eyes briefly with his, then offered her a smile that seemed so out of place in the moment.

But, in spite of what had just happened, it was good to see her and talk to her...  "You're happy there, right?  Inside the temple...  It's safe."  From brigands like those.  Hell, from brigands like him.  And from the Shah.

visualspice

His smile almost coaxed out one of her own. Almost. But Aïda's eyes were wavering now as she peered at him curiously.
"Yes. It is my home now."
Or had been for many years. Shamefully, she peered down at the waters. Though she knew she couldn't be punished for this, as priestess were allowed to find pleasure in others- this was a different situation all together. And the raping had only occurred because she had ignored the rules.

"I do not know if I can return there," she then whispered, shamefully as she looked at the waters. "I was not supposed to be here."
And at that thought, a few tears slid down her cheek.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

At once, Zubin's protective instinct returned.  Reaching out to her, he pulled her against him in a one-armed hug of support.  "You can do whatever you like."  Or whatever she had to do...  "If you don't want to go back, I can take you somewhere.  Anywhere else."

He looked down at her earnestly as he spoke, his voice lilting and eyes taking on a sort of dreamy quality...like this was something he'd considered before.

"I've got a little money.  Not much, but I could always get more.  And we could go anywhere you wanted to see..."

visualspice

Peering up at him, her jade green eyes wavered with tears.
"But where can I go?"
She had nothing left for her except the temple, and the fear was evident in her eyes. But at what he suggested.. to go with him..
She knew not how to respond, and found herself staring at him, her eyes wide and her lips trembling.

"But at such an hour..." she started, her voice barely above a whisper, Aïda speaking as if at any moment, she might break, like a delicate piece of glass. "I would be afraid."

Ivory

"I'd protect you, Aïda," Zubin volunteered at once, his expression more serious than a boy his age should wear.  Nevermind his spectacular failure this evening...  He would do it right from now on.  Nothing would ever hurt her again.  "I owe my employers a debt...but, once that's paid, we could go anywhere.  There are places covered by jungles filled with so many colors it hurts your eyes to look at them, with so many trees growing so thick together that you need a knife to break through onto the path."

The stories of his childhood...

His boyish enthusiasm was reined in somewhat, then, and he added softly, "But you have to think about what makes you happiest.  If you like the temple, then you should stay.  No one else can tell you what to do."

visualspice

The idea of freedom, of a life anew and to forget this evening made her eyes dance like the twinkling stars above. Her heart fluttered and soared as she peered into his gaze so amorously.
"It sounds like a wonderful dream," she told him, her smile small and sad. "Oh, but to leave the desert,  I could not bear it. My father owned these lands, and it would fore sake him if I were to leave." Never mind he was dead. She shook her head, more tears gathering. No. She couldn't. It was just a dreamy idea. Not reality. In reality, Neft'ehm would punish her for her insolence, and any other repercussions of the rape would be hers alone to bear.

She cast her eyes to the ground, staring through long dark lashes. And it was only then she realized with a curious, lifting gaze on her face.
"My name." She blinked. "How did you know my name?"
She did not recall giving it to him- though perhaps she did? Or...
This boy looked familiar, but not familiar enough. Perhaps he just reminded her of one of the handsome temple guards back in Essyrn. Oh, what she would not give to be back at the temple, inside her bed, away from all of this-
and to awaken, as if it were a terrible dream.

Ivory

Did she really not know what the man who called himself her father had done?  He blinked at her a moment -- but, he could not bear to tell her the truth...

He hadn't realized he'd said her name until she pointed it out.  At once, he blushed and looked flustered, in spite of his skin color.

"Oh.  Well..."  Settling for a half-truth -- it seemed to be all he was telling her tonight -- he said, "I saw you once at your temple.  The first time, I mean."  Because there had been others...although maybe he wouldn't admit to just how often...  "There's this little fountain that fills up after the rain in the back, and I happened to glance that way as I passed.  You had just splashed the water on your face, I think, and the way the sun shone off the droplets made your skin glow like gold.  And you were laughing about something.  There's this dimple you have, right here."  His thumb touched her cheek gently.  "You can only see it when you laugh.  And then you looked at me, and I saw this sparkle in your eyes...  And I remember thinking I've never seen anything so beautiful."

Oh, but that didn't answer her question...

His hand dropped with a soft splash back into the water, and he looked out over the oasis.  "One of the priestesses called you back inside.  Aïda.  That's how I learned your name."

visualspice

At such a revelation, she found her heart fluttering and her cheeks turning pink. What sweetness were his words! And she might find herself swooning for such a thing, had he not witnessed the horrors she still shook from.

And when he touched her, she stiffened and peered down at his hand before shamefully looking away. But then when he revealed how he got her name, she peered back up at him.

"And you remembered me and my name?" she asked softly.

Ivory

"Of course I did.  How could I forget?  It was a moment of clarity.  If I hadn't known any better, I think I would have been convinced you were an angel."  Even his laughter sounded a bit boyish as his eyes traced the outlines of plants set against the starlight.

"It's kind of stupid, I know.  But I've had a lot of time to myself.  So I spend it thinking about you."

visualspice

If she thought she was blushing before, she was surely flushed as deep as the hot setting sun now.
"Oh, but I am no angel," she said, her lips quivering. But perhaps it was her beauty that lured such wicked men to take advantage of her, and the very thought made her eyes sparkle over with a fresh set of tears.

And what was she to say? This boy say her and could not stop thinking of her? THough it was moving, and truly it was, she was beside herself and still feeling so emotional over what had just occurred.

"Especially not now,"s he added, lowering her gaze to the ground. "Not after what those men took from me."

Ivory

"But they didn't take what's in here."  Looking to her again, he placed a fist over his chest and thumped it softly.  "Other people can hurt you, but they only change what's important if you let them."

Well, that probably didn't sound as profound as he would have liked...

"My father sold me into slavery as a boy.  Not because he needed the money or because I was unmanageable.  He sold me, because he didn't want me."  He pursed his lips together thoughtfully.  "It took me a long time to realize that I didn't have to define myself that way, that I'm stronger than that."

visualspice

Aïda looked up at him and blinked through tears.
"Oh, what a horrible thing!" What father could do such a thing? Then again- her father executed her own mother- and all of the other siblings she ever knew in all the world. Lowering her gaze, she found herself sniffling and wiping back tears.

"But you are right." ANd here she sighed through a smile at him. "They can not take away who I am by what they did." And her eyes shined brightly towards him, grateful for him to say that.

Ivory

"It was a long time ago.  I...remember him as a tormented man.  I hope he's found peace and happiness.  And that's all the thought I waste on him."

He smiled back at her, a soft smile set in a young, honest face.

His hand suddenly rose up out of the water, and he peered at the handful of small stones cupped in his palm.  "Here," he stated as he offered her one -- a smooth, flat stone.  He had its twin, and, after drawing his hand back, he skipped the rock prettily across the still surface of the pond.  Small ripples were left in its wake, and he turned to glance at the girl beside him with a grin.  "Your turn."

visualspice

Aïda released her breath through her nose in a closed lipped smile. She curled her legs up towards her chest and moved a hand back before skipping her stone across the water. But it only made two bounces and she gave a sheepish shrug.
"Looks like I'm rusty." She smiled dreamily as she hugged her knees now to her chest. "I think the last time I had done this I was so small and had done it in the pools of the palace with my brothers."

Ivory

Yes, he remembered those pools...and the days spent skipping stones in them.  In those day, he hadn't realized how precious that water was -- only that it had provided the group of children a shared past-time.

His smile mirrored her's as he thought over those lost moments, and then, with a soft laugh, he splashed her playfully, but lightly with just his fingertips.  "Would you like to try again?"

visualspice

Aïda flinched at the water and gave him a sheepish smile and nod.
"Yes, for one can not get better without practice."

Ivory

(OOC: #IvoryProblems: Having to scroll back through a thread to find your character's name because all you can remember is the silly nickname you call him when plotting with PSJ.)

Zubin's grin was somehow charming as he withdrew another stone from the sand beneath the waves of the oasis.  "Or, perhaps, you have a natural talent?"

This particular stone, however, was far from drab as the others had been; its surface was smooth, almost polished by the waves, and a shock of blue coloring ran around the stone in a band.  Zubin turned it over in his hands a few times, then offered it to the woman beside him.  "You should keep that one.  It's supposed to be lucky.  My mother told me once that they were stars that had fallen...and if you find one and keep it, you will have the means to change your fate."

visualspice

OOC: That's because he is ZUBS
------

Aïda blinked and peered down at the smooth, blue stone. And at his story, her own lips tugged a bit leftward in a smile.
"It's beautiful." And she lifted her gaze to his, eyes wavering. "And that story... my mother used to tell me it, too."
She closed her hand around the stone and drew it close. "I'll be sure to keep it close, always. One should never let a piece of the sky pass them by."

Ivory

(OOC: I know.  That's the problem!)

When she mentioned her mother, he glanced away a moment -- but then his eyes met her's again with a smile.  He wasn't sure what it was that kept him from explaining who he was -- who he really was.  It seemed, somehow, that if she knew, she might be held responsible if he was ever discovered...

And, so, he said, "What will you do with your new fate?"