Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

House of Reeds [M]

Started by visualspice, March 30, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Aïda's eyes sparkled as she took his hand and told him breathily, "Yes.. come!" And playfully she pulled him along. "We can pray!" And into the inner sanctuary the two went, passing a few other priestess along the way. They gave the pair curious stares, but no one bothered the two. It was only before a large statue of Hakeshna did she pause and turn to him.
"Here, we can pray here." And she prepared them each a prayer rug before getting to her knees. "And thank her for having us meet." And as they were both kneeling before her, she slipped her hand into his as discretely as possible and gave it a squeeze while she whispered, "I am so glad you finally came to me. I have been thinking of you often."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Zubin allowed his older sister to pull him into the temple.  He glanced shyly away from the curious looks, afraid that they, somehow, would be able to see his true intent for being here...but that certainly didn't stop him from gently squeezing her hand back as they knelt before the statue.

"You have?"  Zubin's cheeks warmed with her confession, and he shot her a sidelong look.  "I...don't think I'm worthy to be diverting so much of your attention away from Hakeshna..."  He glanced up at the statue, a bit guiltily.

visualspice

"Yes," she whispered, her cheeks dimpling as she smiled. "But Hakeshna understands. She praises heroes." And there was a pause, and a small time that passed between them- so one might presume they were actually praying before she spoke up again. "So do you live here? In the city I mean."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

A hero?  Him?  It was almost laughable...

He bowed his head as he considered those words.  Heroes didn't screw up like he did...  Nor did they steal or kill, nor fight every day just to stay alive...

He blinked at her when she spoke again, then gave his head a slight shake.  "No," he answered softly.  "I live a bit outside of town."  The guards weren't particularly welcoming towards thieves...  It was safer out there, hidden away from prying eyes.  "Someday, I'd like to live nearby, though."

visualspice

"And that someday I should be happy." ANd she afforded him a small smile before glancing back down and keeping her head dipped to the ground, touching it in prayer. "So you are close enough to at least visit me sometimes?" she asked through a cautious whisper.

Ivory

The teenager's smile grew as well, as though they had just shared an intimate secret.

And his grin only widened with the next question.

"Yes," he answered.  "Of course I am."  He bowed deeply before the statue as well.  When they straightened, he looked over to her, looking quite serious.  "But I would walk the length of the desert to visit you, Aïda."

visualspice

Aïda was already charmed and humbled enough by his presence from what he had saved her from, despite the fact it had been 'too late'. But as far as she was concerned, it was enough to win her heart. She was forever indebted to this man, this stranger, and yearned to make him anything but. But at his words, she found herself at a loss of them, for she stared at him, eyes going wide as she gaped.

"I..." and here she turned bashfully away, eyes dropping to her feet. "I should hope it would never come to that." But the idea was rather romantic, and she stole a bashful look his way.

Ivory

There was something about that bashful glance -- perhaps the coloring, and the way she tilted her head just so -- that momentarily enraptured him.  When he realized he'd been staring, he smiled and looked away for a moment himself.

"Well, if it does, just know I'll stop at nothing to see you again."  His hand caressed the petals of the flower he had brought softly, watching, fascinated, as the flower retook its natural shape.  His eyes lifted up to hers, and he added, then, with a smile, "No matter how long it takes."

visualspice

He didn't need to keep talking to win her affections, but what he was gaining was a deeper blush as Aïda stole a glance his way, her head still bent in prayer as dark hair half-hid her face.
"Then let us pray that shall never happen." But instead of stooping down to begin a more fervent prayer, instead, she took his hand and gave a tug, laughing silently as she urged him back to his feet to run with her- back into a room behind the great stone statue of Hakeshna and through the lush gardens in the back of the temple- where normally only the most prestigious of church goers were ever allowed. It was here, int he dazzling pools of the priestess did she pause, a smile consuming her face as she took both of his hands now and gave them a gentle, affectionate squeeze.
"I want to show you some, Zubin. Come, but be silent." For the place she wanted to take him was normally restricted to the holy priests and priestesses.

Ivory

This was Zubin's first time in the temple...and, my, was he ever getting the grand tour!  He looked around himself, surprised and a bit awed by his surroundings -- but it wasn't really the architecture he was interested in.

The priestess's smile was beautiful and engaging, and he could feel it echoed in his soul as she led him on.  He nodded and pressed his fingertips to his lips, signalling that he would keep silent as a thrill rushed through him.  They weren't supposed to be back here -- that was infinitely obvious.  But for her...he'd break any rule.

visualspice

Into the back they went, weaving through the intricate and lush vegetation, until she brought Zubin to a small door, nearly hidden from view.
"This.." she said, and pushed it open as the door made a gentle creak. "It leads outside, to the unseen side of the streets."
Stepping out, she gestured for Zubin to follow her out,a nd peered back to make sure no one was following before she move dou tintot he street with him.
"If you ever should need to find me, to talk to me, even after the temple is closed, we keep this door open- for emergencies," she explained. "Not many are allowed back here- but if you can find a way- then you can find me at any hour you desire."

Ivory

Zubin took note of the door and the back street into which it led with the eye of a thief.  He recognized the alleyway, thanks to the unusual color of the bricks in a nearby building, and he turned to her with a slight nod.  "I understand, Aïda."  His smile shone almost as brightly as her's.  "Thank you."

He would have little trouble with this door...should he have a need for it...

"But, if I have to use it, where would I find you?"

visualspice

Aïda's eyes sparkled.
"Come.." and she offered out her hand. "Follow me. I shall show you." ANd back inside they went, sprinting swiftly through the garden pools, and back and away from the stone statue, down a long, narrow hall and past the libraries were incense and candles were burning all day and all night. Though she slowed her run when she passed by a quieter hall, and turned to Zubin, smiling silently as the two of them tip toed in through the curtain of a back room.

"Here.." she whispered, to a room sprawling with plush blankets and pillows. "I sleep in here." And she moved to the back corner, pushing through a series of interlocking curtains before stepping into her own private room- and it was lovely, for it had a view, and through it she could see all of Essyrn.

Moving to sit on her pile of pillows on he rmake shift bed, she gestured for Zubin to come sit with her.
"Here is where I sleep and pass most of my day. Ican see can see the entire city from here." And she sighed dreamily, as she nestled into her arms as they rested upon the warm, stone sill.
"Isn't it beautiful, Zubin? This city we live in- this jewel of the desert."

Ivory

Zubin memorized the turns and twists as best as he could as he followed her into her private chamber...but it wasn't the view he was watching as he remained, hovering, in the doorway; it was the woman who had brought him here...the way her eyes shone and the color flushed her cheeks after their sprint to reach this quiet sanctuary...

"It sure is," he answered as his throat went a little dry.  "The most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

visualspice

Turning to regard him and that he still hadn't taken a seat, she patted the place beside her again. "Come, I want to show you this view the way I see it. It's the least I can do for you, to let you know that I appreciate your heroic deed, and that I do not waste a single breath of it in vain."
And then, shyly, she reached into a pillow beside her. "And I also have something to show you." And she kept something in her fist. "Now come on, please sit." And she gestured and waited for him patiently, hands resting across her lap.

Ivory

"I didn't think that you did," he protested, but he obeyed.  He settled down where she indicated, somewhat surprised at just how soft it felt beneath him...and a bit like he was going to fall right over!  Once stable, he turned his attention back to her with a curious look.  "What is it?"

visualspice

Blushing, she opened her hand to reveal the stone he had given to her.
"I still have it- the stone you gave me from the oasis." And she lifted up a large pillow at her side, and then a smaller, oval one beneath it. "I keep it beneath this pillow- buried away, so no one else may find it and take it. So it can be mine- and always be here to remind me.. of you."

Ivory

His smile grew as he looked at the pretty little stone in her pretty little hand.  "I'm glad.  I wondered if you were allowed to have such things..."

The full impact of her statement settled on him, then, and he looked up at her with an expression of curious concern.  "Are there many thieves in the temple?"

Because...who would steal a rock from a priestess???

visualspice

"Oh.. not thieves," she pressed, hugging the stone delicately to her bosom. "But as a priestess, we simply do not own anything- and I simply fear someone else wanting it for it's beauty."

Ivory

"Well, if someone tries to take it..."  Zubin looked from the rock back up to her face with a grin.  "Let me know, and I'll get it back for you."

His hand seemed to twist around, then, and from his sleeve he withdrew something.  It was a quick gesture, so quick that, to the average eye, the item would just appear in his hand.  The folded up piece of paper fluffed slightly, now that it was no longer tucked away.  "I'm pretty good with my hands."

He left the paper outstretched on his palm a moment, then delicately began to unwrap it until a small portrait emerged of Aïda, drawn in charcoal on the back of a faded piece of paper.