Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

House of Reeds [M]

Started by visualspice, March 30, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Aïda's eyes went wide at the gesture, and she peered down curiously at the piece of paper, until she saw it bloom into a drawing of her- and at that, her breath was taken away.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"It's actually not very good," Zubin muttered sheepishly as he began to carefully fold it back up.  "I don't know what possessed me to show it to you..."

Well, he probably did.  He was showing off, and, other than a knife, it was the only thing he had up his sleeve.

visualspice

"Oh, but I hadn't the chance to properly see it! Please, please let me see it, Zubin!" Aïda pleaded, her green eyes like twin stars as she took a hold of his wrist gently.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

(OOC: For some reason, that makes me picture her as Cyclops from XMen...  WITH LASER EYES.)

Zubin looked at her a moment, seeming umoved...but then his lips curled into a smile, and he opened his hand to offer it to her.  "How could I refuse when you ask me so sweetly?"

Even if he was mortified by the work...

"It's only a sketch," he cautioned.  "And, obviously, it was from memory..."

The sketch itself, truly, showed some talent, in spite of its simplistic nature...  "We used to have contests in the quarry at night.  Just to pass the time."

visualspice

OOC: LOL YES <3

------

Aïda's lips curled along with his, elated he'd conceded to allowing her a glimpse. And she peered down, noting the drawing again with a soft gasp. She gently touched the edge of the paper.
"Oh!"A nd her eyes shot to his. "You drew that?" The line work was incredible, and held the very essence of her in each stroke. It was so lovely, she didn't know what else to really say!

Ivory

Zubin nodded slightly.  "Like I said, it's not very good.  Sometimes, I take it out to finish it, but...  I'm afraid I'll wreck what I have."  He peered down at the drawing as well, then laughed softly, sounding bashful even as he did so.

"I think my stick figures look better, honestly."

visualspice

"Oh,.. no I think it's perfect!" she insisted, and took him by the hand and gave a gentle squeeze. "If you like, I'd let you draw me again! I can sit real still, so you can try it! I've had lots of practice!" she said, tossing him a wink. "Priestesses do a lot of that." You know, standing as regal as a statue, and all...

Ivory

"You would?" Zubin asked, his surprise evident.  A flush of pleasure crept up his collar as he considered the option.  With a bit of a laugh, he added, "And you don't really need to sit that still...  You're not a doll.  And I want to capture that...sort of glow you have around you."

visualspice

"Glow I have about me?" Aïda's cheeks gave way to a blush. "And what sort of glow is that?"

Ivory

Zubin blinked sheepishly, then smiled shyly.  "Life.  Happiness."  He glanced down at the picture, searching for those same elements in the sketch.  How could he explain what he saw in her?  It wasn't simply beauty -- it was something much more powerful than that.  "Hope, I guess."

He risked a glance up to her, then laughed softly.  "I don't know.  There's just something about you that sets you apart from everyone else."

visualspice

Aïda gave a demure, but humbled smile at his statement.
"And I see those things in you. In your smiles." she said, but gave a more leftward smile at that. "BUt I am not skilled enough to try to draw it. But I just keep those thoughts.."A nd here, she rested a hand upon her chest, over her beating heart. "Right here."

Ivory

Zubin blinked bashfully.  "Well, I think that's more important than a drawing anyway.  It's better."

His eyes lifted from her's to the scene behind her, studying, for a moment, the way the city sprawled out towards the horizon.

"I suppose I should let you get back to your prayers, shouldn't I?"  He had spent a considerable amount of time in her company -- although it seemed far too short.

visualspice

Only then realizing the time, Aïda gave a bashful nod.
"Yes.... so it would seem." Delicately slipping some hair behind her ear, she rose to her feet and offered him a hand, and once they were both standing, she admired him and their closeness. But then, realizing- how scandalous her thoughts were becoming, especially for that of a priestess, she turned away and felt her cheeks burn.

"Shall I guide you out, then?"

Ivory

There was something heavy in the air between them -- even Zubin felt it, knowing full-well that it was something that could never be realized between them.  The trouble, of course, was that he had spent most of his teenaged years obsessed with the girl...and, he knew, that it had been translated, somehow, into something more than the bond shared between siblings...on his end, anyway.  But he could protect her from that too, of course...

"Yes, I-I think so," he answered, his own cheeks burning as well as he admired the bit of her profile he could see.

visualspice

Taking his hand, the two moved through the curtains and through her room, back through the back halls and libraries to the front temple room where she paused before the statue of Hakeshna and marked her hands across herself, then did the same to his before spreading her hand up and over top of their heads in an ark.

"May Hakeshna always bless you and guide you in your future."

Ivory

"Thank you, Priestess," the young man answered humbly, with his head bowed in reverance.  Still, he watched her a moment more, wearing a smile, before he finally took his leave.

She hadn't forgotten him.

And she didn't blame him for what had happened.

He couldn't quite recall what he had been so worried about to have put off this visit for so long...

visualspice

The next day,  Aïda had gone to market- voluntarily so. The temple needed some supplies, and she was anxious to get outside of the temple's confining walls. She had a certain boy on her brain, a certain rescuer whom she had stayed up late all night thinking about, and all morning. When the opportunity presented itself for her to be able to get outside to run a few errands, she leaped at the chance, and found herself now making her way through the busy streets.

SHe hadn't even begun her chores when someone familiar caught her eye- Zubin. Turning away, she grinned. He hadn't seen her yet, but she had a feeling, based on what he had confessed to her, about wanting to watch her- that perhaps.. if she were to move obviously through the streets, perhaps she could get Zubin to follow her? Follow her to where, she wasn't certain, but the idea thrilled her to see if they could steal a moment away together...

So after delicately tucking back some of her dark hair, she stepped out into the streets where there was less of a crowd,  and began to head North, towards the Niafi river.

Ivory

The absolute last person Zubin had ever imagined to encounter was a priestess outside her temple walls...and at market, no less!  He glowered impatiently at the merchant, who was inspecting a ring with the utmost attention, then caught the eye of the man he was accompanying.

It was only a look, but it said more than words could have in such a short amount of time.  With his employer's satchel all-but empty anyway, there wasn't much of a reason for Zubin to stay.  He was here to intimidate today, ensuring that the fine people of the city paid the gang of thieves for their work at fair prices and kept their mouths shut after they left.  They had arrangements with most -- but arrangements were always subject to change.

The man gave his assent, and Zubin answered the nod with a grin.  The man rolled his eyes slightly as Zubin disappeared into the crowd in the wake of a certain priestess.

For such a well-built fellow, Zubin was remarkably good at vanishing into the crowd.  It was an artform -- and as he sheltered in the shadows of a rundown shed near the banks of the Niafi River, he certainly made discretion look easy.  Little did he know that he'd already been spotted and had been lured down to the riverbank; as far as he was concerned, his target had no idea she was being watched...and that was just how he wanted it.

It was odd for her to be here, though...  What could a priestess want so far from her temple?  All alone?

visualspice

A smile graced her lips when she chanced a partial glance back and caught the shadow of Zubin in the crowd heading her way. She was all but laughing as she moved away, hastily, but with nonchalance. And soon the bustling city streets were abandoned for more dry, sandy hills and the fluttering of palm tree shadows greeted her as she wove her away around them, then disappeared into a house of reeds. From behind their walls she peered out, eyes dancing as she held her breath and waited to see if he would come.

Ivory

Not knowing what game she played, Zubin hovered uncertainly nearby as she stepped into the reeds.  The girl vanished from view...and Zubin waited, patiently, for her to return.  When she didn't, he lingered a moment, then glanced around...but there was no sign of anybody, least of all the priestess herself.

Carefully, he moved down the riverbank.  It unsettled him, wondering what had become of her to make her vanish so quickly.  Had she slipped and fallen?  Perhaps hurt herself somehow?

The thought made him hasten his approach and step inside the small reed hut with less hesitation than he had initially intended.