Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand, Sun, and Sunken Souls (Grayson)

Started by Gaius The Solemn, August 30, 2014, 07:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zandor

Zandor chuckled. It sounded jovial, but menacing, a quality he didn't care for in his mirth yet couldn't seem to correct. Even still, he was glad. Sensing Lyle's intent, he decided to delay his counterspell. It seemed to have been the proper course of action, but that bolt did seem powerful. Even with his considerable evasive talents, Zandor doubted he'd have walked away unscathed.

"It seems killing one another will be rather inconvenient, soul-eater, but if you really are hungry, I suppose I could try to punch through him for you." Zandor looked about. This encounter was growing increasingly dangerous. Even if his best case scenario came to fruition - both Gaius and Lyle being dead, himself unscathed - he'd still have to deal with the probably hostile guards of the caravan, and then make his way towards town. He shook his head. "Really though, I'd rather not."

Gaius The Solemn

He let his arm fall limp at his side. This creature in front of him, was more than what he wanted to deal with. He let out an obnoxiously loud sigh and hung his head, "I'm Gaius the Solemn and I hate it when people don't die why I ask them to." His statement was half joking and half serious. He really did hate it when people didn't die. He was very kind in the ways that he kills them. It only only seems to hurt  tremendously for a short amount of time.

He took a few steps back and lifted his head up, "You know what? I don't care, put as many holes as you want through him, I'm just gonna kill everybody in the caravan."

The few of the men that held weapons in the caravan had left their wagons and were making their way over to the three, albeit slowly, most likely due to their fear of them.

Grayson

With that Lyle knew the combat was over and dropped into a siting position. He was just beginning to enjoy himself but he supposed he had achieved his goal. he mumbled under his breath just audibly. "My name is Lyle its nice to meet you Gaius the Solemn. I hope you enjoy your meal."   

Zandor

Zandor glanced at Lyle. "You do realize what he's about to do to them, don't you?" He considered awaiting a response, but then decided to simply take his leave. The encounter had grown too complex and exhausting. Worse yet, his moral compass - which he had withered to a bare minimalism - was tugging at him. He sighed, then spoke. "All of you who wish to keep your lives, no, your souls, should run. You can still escape, if you will it." His voice carried well, and some of them even seemed to heed his advice.

That was the extent of his aid, though. He turned to face both Lyle and Gaius, "I hope we cross paths in a less hostile place one day. You two are of interest. If we meet along the trail or in the town, I will speak on friendly terms, if you return the favor. Really though, I tire of this, and must be going." He turned, beginning his exodus.

Gaius The Solemn

Gaius started making his way back to the caravan. The sand sinking in and out of the nooks and crannies in his boots. Disappointed and irritated by the outcome of his situation. Everything was going so well, he was going to have a big meal, but that turned out to be a dead end, and then another fool comes along and causes all sorts of commotion. Now he has to get rid of all of these wretches before he is even able to get to the town, where ever that may be.

Some of the people had heard Zandor and turned tail and started running in any which direction; just trying to get away from the golden knight. Some dropped to their hands and knees hoping that he will show mercy. Very few of them actually picked up their weapons, holding on to their last vestige of honor or out of fear.

He made his way back into his wagon, the old men were a good a place as any to start this slaughter. They were cowering in the corners of the wagon, holding their hands over their faces in a feeble attempt at defense. One was trembling, "Please.. we are old, we can't even stand."

Gaius licked his lips and he began, "That just means that... you can't run."

It took only moments for him to drain them of their lives. As they said, they couldn't have ran. His hands nearly broke their skulls as he pulled the last bits from their bodies. After that, he turned to see at the entrance of his wagon three men had gathered, each brandishing a blade.

The furthest to the left pointed his sword at Gaius, "Y-You're a monster! A demon!" The other two grunted in agreement and prepared to rush in.

The wagon was dark, only moonlight jumping in through the ghastly hole in the side from Lyle's surprise attack. He ripped what was left of the cloak that he was given off, revealing the entirety of his armor, bright gold and covered in foreign patterns. He took one step into the light, it illuminated half of his person, and at just the right angle, you could see one of his eyes. The black pits that starved for their souls, "A demon? No.. No.. that's not right. I am just as human as anybody else here.. just more talented."

The three men rushed in screaming and their swords held high, Gaius disappeared from view if watching from the hole in the wagon. The battle didn't last long, the clattered sound of blade on armor were shot down very quickly with a short burst of light and a crackling noise.

He climbed out of his wagon and called out, "Anybody else still alive and willing to die by my merciful hands?"

Grayson

Even at the large distance that had formed between them and the wagons during the fight, Lyle could still see much of what was happening. This golden man, this Gauis, he truly was a remarkable individual. He was sad to see the other man leave but even with the power the rouge commanded he was not as interesting as him.

Lyle decided he wanted to watch Gauis more and then he would fallow him for the time being, he had no where better to be anyways.

As he watched Gauis he saw him kill a great many people in that wagon, but Lyle didn't mind they were just people he had been taught people were a danger but through out all his wandering he had seen most of them as no more then things to be avoided. he felt no ill will towards them but no compassion either.