Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Sound in the Night (Spicious)

Started by JackieCat, April 25, 2015, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"HOW. THE. HELL. AM. I. SUPPOSED. TO. KNOW?!" Naarilash growled, and magic crackled around her hands, the Wolfiei was loosing her patience. "You say it is a magic book, you say it is magic!  It could do anything for all I know!  You could have gotten it anywhere!  You could have made it, enchanted it yourself, it could have been a gift, you could have bought it!  Not everyone is as damn smart as you are, and you may have taken that seriously, but I'm being sarcastic, you disrespectful being!  You have no regard for anyone but yourself, and I'm sick of it!"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm stepped back, a flood of suppressed memories rushing back in a violent wave. She'd been just like that. She never tolerated his outbursts. This woman seemed to be just like her.

He didn't even register what he was doing, but his mind vaguely registered moving closer to his companion. She was closer than before, but he didn't even notice or care.

Then he kissed her. He kissed her and then the memories didn't seem so painful.

JackieCat

Naarliash's eyes grew wide as Khasm kissed her, but she didn't break away.  She stood there, her thoughts swirling.  What in the names of all the gods was going on?  Why was he doing this?  What was he doing?

Naarlash truly didn't know, but she waited for him to finish.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Absentmindedly, Khasm stood back from Naariash, his mind still reeling.

"I-I'm sorry," He said, clearing his throat and taking another step back. Why the hell had he done that? He couldn't get his mind around it. "I don't know what I was doing." He said after a moment of awkward silence.

Why the hell had he done that?

JackieCat

Naarilash crossed her arms over her chest, but a smile slowly spread itself across her face, out of her control. "I agree, I don't think you knew what you were doing," she said. "Are you feeling quite alright?  What happened?"

Why had he done that?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm smiled. of course he didn't know he was, else he would have stabbed himself for it. He looked to his companion and wondered if she was an incarnation of her. He looked to her smile and found he was closer than he had been a moment ago.

"I-I don't know..." He looked away, then back at her. That smile, those questions... They were just like her. "Are you mad?"

JackieCat

"Mad?" Naarilash said. "No, not mad.  Very surprised, but not mad at all."

There was a silence and she assessed him for a moment.  Then she said,

"Are you?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm grinned then laughed. It was a rare thing for him, a real laugh. There was no condescension or arrogance.

"Mad? Oh, I've always been described as such." He wondered what she'd do if he kissed her again. Would she return it? Smack him? Both? His smile faltered, however, as he thought of her. He remembered then what had happened the last time he'd cared about something, about anything.

Would he let that happen again? No. With a vicious snarl, he stepped back. He reached into his bag and crushed another rabbit and fed on it's soul.

That always made it easier to tune it all out.

JackieCat

Naarilash's eyes widened at his sudden change in behavior.  The Wolfiei could now tell that something more than his unstable attitude was troubling the man now.  She stepped forward and put her hand on his arm. "What is it?" she asked softly. "You can tell me if you need to."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm growled threateningly and moved to slap her hand away. This had always been his way. For years. Why would he allow some strange shifter to change that?

His hand met wrist and he grabbed it. He noted it was surprisingly soft. Just as she had been. Before he would stop himself (and he would stop himself, he knew) and stepped forward, cupping her face and bringing his mouth to hers.

As he did, he could only ask himself why the hell he was doing this.

JackieCat

And she kissed him back.  Deeply and full of feeling.  Naarilsh knew he needed the kiss, and maybe she did to.  She held him for a long moment before pulling away.

She smiled at him, her eyes soft. "I still don't really know what is happening."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

"Neither do I." He said, backing away from his hesitantly. He didn't want to, but it was all too strange, too odd and unfamiliar while also painfully familiar. He felt like he was betraying her. Her memory. He wondered if she'd approve of Naarilash.

He looked to his companion and sighed audibly, wistfully. "I don't know."

JackieCat

"There is something wrong, I can tell," she said softly, and she smiled sadly at him. "You have something hidden, something you do not want to show, but you cannot help it."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

He wanted to lash out. Wanted to scream and yell and blast her away with a Hare's soul. He also wanted to kiss her. He was confused, lost and unsure of himself.

"I lied." He said simply and he sat down. "I lost someone."

JackieCat

She knelt on the sand next to him and gingerly put her hand on his shoulder, she wasn't sure it was a wise move, but she did it anyway.

"Who were they?" she asked gently. "You do not have to tell me."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm tensed up at her touch but forced himself to relax. He could trust her, he told himself over and over again. She was different.

"Alumira." He spoke quietly as the memories came back. While he never truly forgot anything, he would bury it. It seemed so strange to let them surface after so long. "It was soon after I got my runes, and I summoned a stone golem to test the enchantments." He held up his arms and flexed. The glowing runes pulsed with a steady beat that matched his own heart.

"I couldn't control it."

JackieCat

Naarilash bit her lip and her eyes filled with sadness as she listened to his words.  When he was finished she bowed her head and closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.  She lifted her head and looked at Khasm. "I am so sorry."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm didn't hear her. He stared into that steady pulse of his runes, enthralled.

"She was crushed before anything could be done. And when the archmage found out.." He chuckled humorlessly. "They almost trapped me in an extra-dimensional prison. But they couldn't. I got out. Then they tried to kill me. But they couldn't.

"It was horrible. I killed them. All of them."

JackieCat

"They did that just for a mistake you made?" Naarilash said softly. "They tried to kill you?" She shook her head. "From what I know, it seems you had to kill them, or they would have killed you."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

"You don't understand what I did." He reached out with his arm of summoning. "Death? She could've been revived. We had priests there. But I couldn't control my new power. I summoned her soul into my body and expelled it. The force of the blast killed the golem and saved my life." Khasm looked away, moisture gathering in his eyes. "I cannot forger her screams as she was obliterated into the void."