Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Sound in the Night (Spicious)

Started by JackieCat, April 25, 2015, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"I now understand that what you did killed her, though she could have been saved.  But you said that you were not in control," Naarilash said softly. "It sounds to me as if you were surviving, your instincts kicked in and you could not stop them.  I may be wrong, I am just telling you my opinion."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arthuriel

"I was in control when I summoned the golem. I was in control when I killed the others." He said-- no, he whispered as quietly as he could while she could still hear. "I was in control enough to be responsible for my actions."

Why had he done this?

JackieCat

Naarilash nodded and sat there for a long time in silence, her hand on Khasm's shoulder.
After a while she looked up. "That is in the past now," she whispered. "We need to move on."

She turned her head and gently but quickly kissed Khasm on the lips.  Then she pulled away and got to her feet.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm recoiled at the kiss, still very uncomfortable with such an action. It was instinct, he told himself. But deep down, he knew the truth of the matter: No matter how similar Naarilash was to Alumira, she wasn't her.

No one could be her.

"Yes, we should."

JackieCat

Naarilash waited for Khasm and then started to walk in the direction of the temple.  It was only another hours walk, and if they kept walking they would get there before midday, when the sun would be highest, and hottest.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

The swirling mass of emotions had left Khasm confused and lost. He reached his sack and felt around. Only four rabbits.

He couldn't afford to kill another one, in case another battle were to arise.

The walk was quiet but not boring. Though neither of them said a word, Khasm couldn't help but sneak a glance at Naarilash. It was hours later when they arrived.

(OOC: You can describe the temple)

JackieCat

The temple was large, but it was falling into ruin.  The pillars were cracked and many had toppled, and parts of the ceiling had fallen in.  Though the entrance was still intact.  It was a large doorway, and carved around it were many designs, not depicting anything is specific, they were lust swirls and lines. 

As soon as she got within a fifty yards of the temple, Naarilash knew it was the place, she could feel the magic radiating off of it.  She looked to Khasm.

"Can you feel it?" she whispered to him, as it seemed if she talked too loudly something bad would happen.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Indeed, Khasm could feel it. He had little doubt he could feel it even more strongly than Naarilash. The magical vibrations were undeniable.

"Yes," He said and summoned his book. He narrowed his focus, steeled his resolve and began to slowly remove everything but those vibrations. First it was Alumira, she was his greatest distraction. Next to fade was the archmage and all others. Then it was his runes, and then Naarilash.

All that remained was those vibrations.

His hand moved on its own, finger pointed and moving rapidly as though writing. He didn't know who he was at the moment. All he knew were those vibrations.

JackieCat

Naarilash watched as Khasm started to clear his mind and summoned the book.  She watched intently and his hand moved over the book.  She didn't know what he was doing, so she just stood and watched as he continued.

She felt the magic around the temple quiver, and then it grew stronger, and Naarilash felt the pull.  She wanted to go towards the temple, the magic was tugging at her mind, but she held firm and stayed next to Khasm.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

(I'm so late, sorry!)

The world had faded from Khasm. There was nothing, just an endless void. An abyss deeper than the hells.

And there was something, something strange and new. Magic.

New magic, strange and mysterious and most likely never before discovered. Khasm knew he was writing in his magical tome, knew but did not feel. His mind wasn't connected to his physical body, not completely, not like it should've been. He was disembodied, his subconscious taking in and writing out all this knowledge of the new magic all at once. This was the truth of his spell.

And like that, he was returned to his body, exhausted and dying, or so he felt. He knew better, however, and forced his life-force to remain, willed it through sheer stubbornness to remain. The runes on his arm helped with this, summoning his soul back whenever it tried to leave. 

He felt his body collapse into the ground, and heard the thud as his head hit the sand with a sad pmph. He knew nothing but darkness for many hours.

JackieCat

(That's okay, don't feel pressured! :)))

The edges of Naarilash's vision started to darken, but she did not completely slip away as Khasm had, though she felt the powerful magic and started to feel disconnected from the material world.  She blinked and fell to her knees, and her vision cleared.  She saw Khasm fall next to her, and she went over to him.

He was unconscious, and she waited the long hours until he woke in silence, thinking deeply about what had just happened.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor