Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Sound in the Night (Spicious)

Started by JackieCat, April 25, 2015, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Naarilash nodded, "You are correct," she glared at him, not to be shaken from her course. "But you still have not answered my question. Why are you here?"

He was shuffling around, and she wondered if he was thinking about fighting them.  If he was, he was either incredibly stupid, or incredibly powerful.  Naarilash assumed he could be very dangerous, and only a little more of half of the pack was here.

Was it possible that he could fight them all and win?  Naarilash had magic, that would help, and the Wolfiei that were in the cavern currently were good fighters.  If worst came to worse, even the elders and pups would fight.

Naarilash was just weighing their chance of success while fighting this man when the rest of the Wolfiei came in.  The ones that had been out hunting dropped their prey and immediately circled  Khasm like the other Wolfiei were doing.

The Wolfiei who had just entered were the strongest and quickest Wolfiei, and Narrilash doubted that this man could fight them all.

"Why are you here?" she asked again, maybe they wouldn't have to fight.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm opened his mouth to answer, but all words fled him when the others returned.  "Well... So, you see, there's a village kinda near here that apparently you guys have been messing with so I was hired to come out and stop you." He spoke so fast it probably sounded like one long, jumbled word. His grip tightened on the rabbit in his sack and the thing squeaked in pain as he choked it to death.

"But yeah," He chuckled nervously. "Wolverines?"

JackieCat

Naaralish's eyes grew sad, and she frowned shaking her head. "We have done nothing to any town near here.  I have never been to a town in my life, and I know for certain none of the other Wolfiei here would ever cause any innocent harm.  What, exactly, did your employer tell you about us and what we did?"

Despite the situation, Naarilash was pretty proud of herself.  The Wolfiei had taught her how to speak Common and the Wolfiei language, like a mother would to a child, but the Wolfiei usually spoke plainly, not using large words or fancy sentences.  Naarilash had read so much, though, that she had learned many more words than any of the other Wolfiei.  She was impressed on how she was communicating with this man, Khasm, for when she usually spoke it was in the language of the Wolfiei, not Common.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arthuriel

"Well... He didn't say you... exactly. He said a magic user of sorts," He spoke a phrase of power and a leather bound book appeared in his right hand. "I just used this and followed it to the nearest magic user, which is you, hehe." Khasm was certainly freaking out, not sure if he'd be able to talk, or fight, his way out of this mess. He was hopeful the Wolfiei would choose not to eat him, what a terrible way to go...

JackieCat

Naarilash raised an eyebrow and almost laughed sarcastically, but she didn't. "So it obviously has to be me?  Did your employer describe the magic user who has been messing with the town?"  Naarilash looked at the book in the man's hand. "What is that, exactly?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm looked around nervously, trying to stop sweating. "You were the closest one, you see, I assumed it was you because logically the closest one would be the threat." He contorted his face in confusion at her question, then nodded enthusiastically. "This is a type of knowledge spell, you see, if I concentrate on a single topic or person or thing hard enough, anyone within, let's say a ten mile radius, who knows anything about whatever it is, their knowledge of it will be jotted down in this book!" His smile was wide and full of pride. "It's my own spell, a sort of divination, you see, and no one else's been able to cast it!"

JackieCat

Naarilash was slightly disgusted by this man, partly because he had killed a Wolfiei, (though she knew it wasn't completely his fault), and partly because he suspected her, but mostly because she saw him as kind of pitiful.  Currently he was looking furtively around and sweating,couldn't he at least put on a show of bravado?  Naarilash sighed, she actually kind of felt bad for him.

"Did they describe what the magic user looked like?  I do now know of many people in this area, but if they are a well know magic user then they might be in one of my books."

Then she turned into her Hybrid form rather quickly, wondering what Khasm's reaction would be.  She grew nearly seven inches taller and her muscles grew, she was now wearing not clothing, but her newly grown fur covered her whole body.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm gulped at the woman's change but didn't move. "No, no, they didn't. Just a type of magic and all the magic I could find in the book was you so it's either you or..." He trailed off, dismissing the book and resting his chin on his palm. A few awkward moments passed before he jumped up, clapping his heads together. He didn't realize he'd forgotten to let go of the rabbit, however.

"It's a new type of magic!" He exclaimed excitedly.

JackieCat

Naarilash's eyes widened. "Do you really think so?" She growled, still in her hybrid form. "That could be amazing!  Where would someone like that hide?  Perhaps they live in the very town they are messing with!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

"Yes, yes, yes! It's the only logical explanation," He summoned his book again, letting it float in the air. "The way this book works is because searches for the collective knowledge of everyone in the radius, you see? So if there is a new type of magic only one or two people know about and I'm not specifically look for it, the book will pass over it, yes?" He waved his arms around excitedly, pacing in a circle. The poor rabbit flailed in the air as he did so.

"The reason it pointed me to you is," He spun in a tight circle, pointing the rabbit at the Wolfiei, "All of these know about you!" He was so excited that his right eye was twitching rather uncontrollably.

JackieCat

"Twitching eye, king of weird," Naarilash thought, but she didn't say anything, she was exited as well.  She ducked aside as the rabbit flew past her head, and as Khasm spoke she realized that all of the Wolfiei were still standing around.  In the Wolfiei language she told them that they could eat and didn't have to watch this man anymore or wait for her.

They nodded and went off to eat.  Naarilash turned back to Khasm. "Do you think we could go and find whoever has this knew magic?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

All of Khasm's energy left with that one question. Without any idea what or who was causing this, there wasn't really any way to find it.

"Um, well, no, not really. I don't know, I can't anyway." He stammered, noticing for the first time the hare in his hand. "I don't know anything about it so I can't search for it."

JackieCat

Naarilash frowned, biting her lip, then her face lit up."But maybe I can help find it!" She transformed back into her human form, it was easer to speak this way.  "Us Wolfiei know our territory well, and those who travel and hunt the most know the land around this temple well, perhaps someone here knows if another magic user lives near here!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm paled visibly, eyes wide with fear. "Y-you want to just go out and search a new magic having no idea what it can do or if it will kill you horribly or drag your soul down to the lowest abyss?!" His voice rose with his panic.  He was hyperventilating heavily, his hands on his knees.

JackieCat

Naarilash was taken aback by his sudden fear. "Of course!" She said, frowning. "It is a new magic! Possibly never seen before by anyone but the caster!  It's a wonderful opportunity! Why wouldn't' we look for it?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Faster than would be expected of someone having a mental breakdown, Khasm straightened his back and placed his hands on her shoulders, pulling her close to him, not even an inch away.

"BECAUSE WE COULD DIE!" He shrieked, staring into her eyes intently.

JackieCat

When Khasm tok hold of her shoulders and yeled in her face, every single Wolfiei in the cavern looked up, and seeing the man holding Naarilash, leaped to their feet and ran at the two.

"STOP!" Naarilash yelled to the Wolfiei, right before they attacked Khasm. "It's okay, you can go back to eating."

The Wolfiei looked suspiciously at Khasm but they went back to their kills.

Naarilash had herself been startled by Khasm's outburst, but she had recovered quickly.  She cocked her head to the side in a very wolf-like way. "The threat of death?  That is what you are afraid of?  You face death every time you take a job?  Do you not?  The lob you took to find the magic user, who you assumed was me, that included a lot of danger.  What if I was hostile?  We all would could have killed you.  And anyway, I think the prospect of new magic is to big a chance to pass up.  Even if you don't come with me, I'm going to look for it."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Backing up, Khasm began muttering to himself. He hadn't expected her questions, hadn't any even thought of them as a possibility. In truth, Khasm had hoped he'd be able to use his considerable wit and charm to talk them into stopping, he was very convincing.

Without warning, he turned back to Naarilash. "Fine, fine, fine! But all credit to discovering goes to me because I've the book that led me to you and in turn led me, er, us to whatever this is!"

JackieCat

Naarilash's eyes widened and she crossed her arms.  "But me and the Wolfiei will have lead you to the magic!  Then all the credit goes to you, does it?  Not if we help you it won't!  If I help you find this new magic, I'll get the credit I'm due."

She turned away and held up her chin. "But if you want all the credit for yourself, fine, then you'll just have to go yourself."  She spun around, looking him in the eyes and smirking slightly. "Go and face a potentially murderous and powerful mage all by yourself.  Then it won't be my problem when the mage kills you and leaves your body in the desert for the Wolfiei to eat."

She smiled at him sarcastically. "Or the sand wolverines."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

He narrowed his eyes at the Wolfiei. He was clearly the superior mage, he invented his own magic for gods sake! How could she think she deserves credit? Still, he had no choice, it seemed.

"Fine, fine." He suddenly began studying the dead rabbit, having noticed it was, in fact, dead.