Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Sound in the Night (Spicious)

Started by JackieCat, April 25, 2015, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Naarilash's eyes widened in worry as he woke abruptly, she hadn't though his wound was that bad.  She knelt next to him and put a hand on his chest to keep him from getting up. "It's okay," she said gently. "Your wound is deep, but it is clean and I have bound it."

Though she thought that there might be something more to his sweat-drenched awakening other than just the pain of his wound, she didn't ask any questions, not yet, at least.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arthuriel

"Why did you let me sleep?" He growled, anger finding a place amongst his normally arrogant tone. Rationally, he knew she couldn't be blamed. How could she know? She couldn't, unless she was Psionic. Khasm dismissed that motion though, he would've known.

"WHy did you let me sleep?!" He shouted, attempting to rise from the ground.

JackieCat

Naarilash sprang to her feet at the anger in her voice, and despite still being in her human form, she clawed her fingers and growled at him. "I let you sleep because you needed it!  You were exhausted and wounded!  I helped you!  I cleaned your wound and you should be grateful, you may have been able to heal yourself with your magic, but you were unable at the moment so I cleaned and dressed your wound for you!  So stop giving me that angry arrogant voice and have a little respect!"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm plopped back down, the burning pain in his leg stopping him from standing. He felt then the bag of hares next to him. He'd probably be able to get a shot off at her, maybe two. But there wasn't a guarantee that her pack wouldn't come. He did nothing, though, just stared hard at Naarilash with a deep scowl.

"Earn it."

JackieCat

The anger disappeared from Naarilash's face but it was replaced by a deep sadness. "I understand that you want me to earn your respect.  But I believe that rather than being nasty to someone until they earn your respect, one should respect the other until they give reason for you to no longer respect them.  I do not think I have given any reason for you not to respect me.  I have been kind to you, I have fought with you, and may have saved your life, I have cared for your wounds, and what have you given me in return?" Naarilash's eyes were filled with sadness. "Scalding words, arrogance, hate, even.  That should give me the right to disrespect you, but I still will try and respect you, despite how you have treated me."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm narrowed his eyes dangerously, a boiling desire to kill her rising in his soul. Why shouldn't he do it? It was her fault he was wounded, her fault they were stuck in the middle of nowhere chasing down something that probably shouldn't exist. Wouldn't it be his right?

No, he knew. This wasn't her fault, despite how badly he wished it was. He looked up at her, trying to see her in a different light. He surprised himself when he found her pretty, beautiful even. He hadn't noticed it before. He cursed himself audibly, he wasn't one to not notice things - any things!

Perhaps she was right, he considered as he almost smiled at her, stopping himself before he could finish that damnable expression. Perhaps it was his arrogance that stopped him from noticing her.

Perhaps...

JackieCat

Narrilash was surprised to see the anger in his face disappear, and he almost smiled, but she noticed he forced it away.  Why did he do that?  Pride? The Wolfiei were a proud race, but they usually showed their true feelings, of course, there were exceptions, there were rarely two beings who were the same, of any race.  But perhaps human's hid their emotions more, wore a mask, and they only took it off when they were comfortable.

The Wolfiei woman half-smiled at Khasm and crouched next to him again. "Do you need anything?" she asked. "Water?" 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm scrambled away, groaning as he put weight under his wounded leg. Closeness was not something he was used to, nor something he wished to experience. People were disgusting, stupid creatures. He hated them, or most of them anyway.

So it was much to his surprise when he found himself annoyed at his own running.

"No," He answered without looking up. "I am fine."

JackieCat

"Okay," Naarilash said, getting to her feet and looking up at the still dark sky. "You get some more rest, I'll keep watch for the rest of the night, we only have a few hours left until dawn anyway."

She climbed atop a boulder and sat, watching around the area, looking for danger.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm didn't turn to sleep, he reached for his bag and pulled out a squirming hare. Despite his small frame, he easily crushed the animal's neck. Like clockwork, the creature's soul went into Khasm's arm. He used the energy to give him rest, without resting.

The rest of the night passed quietly, Khasm staring absentmindedly while memories of her ran through his mind.

How he missed her...

JackieCat

Naarilash found the way Khasm got his power and energy slightly disturbing, but she accepted it.  She got her energy from killing animals and eating them, his method was similar in the end result, but he went about it in a different way.  Naarilash sat on the rock, thinking, until the sun came up.

She leaped down from the boulder and over to Khasm. "Are you ready to go?" she asked. "The temple is only another few hours walk away."

(OOC: Thanks, Spicious, sorry for being impatient)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Naarilash's voice tore Khasm from his memories and he growled at the interruption. Still, he stood slowly and nodded.

"Lead the way."

JackieCat

Naarilash nodded and turned in the correct direction and started to walk.  She stayed in her human form so she could speak to Khasm.

"You do not have to answer anything," the Wolfiei said cautiously, not wanting the man to burst into rage again, "and I don't mean to be intrusive, but I was wondering, how did you get the runes on your body?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

What an odd question... With an even odder answer. Khasm looked at his companion, wondering how in the hells he'd found the one person who reminded him of her.

"I made them." He said at length. "I am the only enchanted being to exist."

JackieCat

Naarilahs raised her eyebrows. "You made them?" She thought for a few moments.  "Why?  I understand it must make you more powerful, but what prompted you to do it?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

"Power? Please! I've never cared for power or influence!" He almost shouted in hysteria. "I was curious. I wanted knowledge and I took it! The actual events, though.." He shrugged and cocked his head slightly. "I don't remember them." This, of course, was a lie. Khasm never forgot anything, his mind was perfect.

Even if it wasn't, the wizard would never be able to forget those wretched days.

JackieCat

Naarilash's face immediately grew hard when he shouted at her, but then she calmed again.  This shouting and random outbursts was obviously part of this man, and she need to accept them, at least for the time being, if she wanted to at least try to get along with him.

"So you did it for the knowledge," Naarilash said. "And you don't remember actually doing it.  My magic I learned from books, the books in my library.  I have no specific way I do my magic, I learned from many different teachers, the writers of the books, and they all had their own style, which helped me to define mine."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Khasm waggled his fingers dramaticly and whispered the words to summon his book. The glowing golden pages flipping wildly as though because of wind.

He grinned slyly at Naarilash and said, "I have every magic book every written in here. I can learn everything." With but a thought, he snapped the book shut. "I can teach everything."

JackieCat

"Every book?" Naarilash said thoughtfully. "What about books that are being written, right now, do they appear in your book as they are being penned down?  And where did you get this miraculous book?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Arthuriel

Damn, this woman was thick.

"No, of course not! And it's a magic book, where in the hells do you think I got it?!" He was getting tired of shouting at her, truth be told. But she was so godsbedamned thick.

"Everything I ever have learned I can access from this book if I manually write it in there. I have copied an untold number of books into this one."