Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sirrush and the Scam Artist

Started by kleineklementine, May 29, 2015, 12:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleineklementine

Forget Quinlan, Kaya couldn't believe she'd had the gall to kiss him! And worse yet, he was being so calm now! She hadn't even succeeded, and part of her wanted to split is lip for it!

"Something like wha-" she began to angrily question him before, oh dear, he showed her.

Oh dear.

Kaya felt very warm. And very... something. She didn't know what. It was like she was transfixed; she didn't even pull away from him! And when he released her and went back to drinking his tea, calm as he liked!, Kaya glowered at him. The stupid abjad wasn't going to get the better of her! She was going to fluster him! She was going to win.

She watched him grumpily for a second as he calmly drank his tea, still left half in shock and very flushed and blushing and... She would show him! This time, Kaya pounced on him properly, knocking the tea from his hands and pinning him on the ground beneath her. She held him in place firmly with her thighs and, pushing his arms out of the way, kissed him hard, mimicking what he had done to her.

Kaya wasn't about to just throw in the towel and lose the flustering contest!

Lion

Well, she just HAD to go and knock over his tea!  How rude!  Even Quinlan wouldn't have knocked over her tea!  He growled indignantly at her kiss and bit her lip.  He kissed her back, roughly and growling and shoving his tongue between her lips.  The kiss deepened, as Quinlan couldn't do much else but kiss back since his hands and feet were bound.

Stupid girl thinking she could fluster him.

He broke the kiss when he needed breath and when he realized his body was reacting much in the way it naturally would in a situation like this, he pushed her up with hands along her shoulders.  She was younger than him, much, and his face was red, if more from anger than being embarrassed. He had to think fast and gestured to the flap of the tent.  "Nasr!"

Of course her cousin wasn't really there.  He wouldn't be back for another day or so, but it was distraction enough and. Quinlan rolled to the side, throwing Kaya off him and he took a deep breath.  "Oh, whoops must be seeing things.  Goodness!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

kleineklementine

Kaya didn't know what else to do but keep kissing him, mimicking whatever he did. That was how she would win, right? Also Kaya was surprised to find, well, she kind of liked it! But more importantly, she wasn't going to lose this competition!

Her fingers pressed hard into him, trying to keep him in place. And when, to her surprise, his tongue forced it's way into her mouth, she instinctually wrestled it with her own. She tried very hard to focus on one thing: winning!

And then Quinlan pushed her off. And better yet, made up an obviously fake story. Nasr was at the kaadir market today. Miles away!

"Ha!" She beamed triumphantly at him, panting a little. "Stupid abjad. Nasr is miles away today! You think I'm as dumb as you are?" She grinned broadly, smug . "See. Now you're flustered. I win!"

But if she already won, why did she want to try it again?

Lion

He snorted, because really anyone asking him that was just dying for him to agree with that.  Yes.  "No," he answered instead and sat up, pushing the rest of he off him.  "I think I have to pee again, just let me up.  Please."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

kleineklementine

Kaya looked at him with a predatory glint for a moment, as though she might jump on him again. A whole torrent of contradictory feelings coursing through her.  But she heaved a sigh.

"Alright, abjad. I'll take you out." She shuffled to her feet, looking at him with that glint again, then shrugged and took the luck from the stove, taking the lead in her hand. "Alright, let's go. But remember, I won."

Lion

"Sure, Miss'm Kaya," he sighed and got to his feet.  The relief of the cold night air on his flushed skin felt wonderful.  He wouldn't tell her if she really won or not, but letting her think so seemed harmless enough.  He stepped off to the side, hobbling as it were.

"Eyes averted," he griped and began relieving himself.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

No need to tell her! Kaya's eyes were firmly set in the distance. Until, that was, he told her to look away. Then she peered at him through the corner of her eye. But she quickly looked away!

When he was done, she gave the lead a tug. "Come on, now will you go to sleep, stupid abjad?"

But her eyes lingered curiously on him. Part of her wanted to pounce on him again! Their little competition had caused some deep stirring in her. And she was curious! But, she reminded herself, the pig man was a dirty foreigner. She would be in Huge Trouble.

Lion

He smirked smugly at her.  Bowing his head, he turned back into the tent and sat down on the bed of rugs and pillows.  "Yes ma'am.  But only if you stop calling me stupid abjad.  What you keep in the confines of your thoughts is yours to keep, but I don't call you such rude names.  Apologize and then I can sleep peacefully."

He laid down still, but looked at her from the corner of his eye expectantly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

Kaya clucked. Once she locked the lead back to the stove, she regarded him with her hands on her hips.

"Or what? Nothing you can do to me all locked up. Too bad for you, little abjad."

She grinned at him, feeling pleased with herself for being 'in control' again.

Lion

He responded with laughter.  "Fine.  I'll accept that for now.  But only because you're such a sore loser."  And he laughed again, finishing with a snort.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

Kaya looked down loftily at him, hands on hips, chin up superiorly in the air and - of course - she stuck her tongue out at him.

"You're just mad because I keep winning."

Then she stepped over Quinlan to the stove, lowering the glowing oven that illuminated the tent by passing her palm over it. With the light doused, Kaya flopped down as far away from Quinlan as the tent would allow. But Kaya found herself wide awake, peering through the darkness in the direction of Quinlan, thinking over again about the pressure of his kisses. Oh no. She shouldn't be thinking about that!

Especially since she didn't even like him!

These thoughts turned over in Kaya's head until she finally fell asleep. She slept fitfully until several hours later. A hissing sound was coming from outside the tent. It was a little similar to Myshhusu's hissing words, but they weren't words. At least, they wouldn't sound like it to Quinlan.

Kaya groaned softly, still half-asleep, "Mermph. I don't wanna get up. Too early."

But the hissing only got louder.

Lion

He'd let her have her mental victory.  Because of all things he wasn't going to argue with a teenager.  He was way too exhausted and full for that.  So sleep came easy for the bound blood mage, easy enough that he was even comfortable on that firm mattress of rugs and pillows and skins.

Something was making a very annoying sound.  And he stirred.  Turning and sitting up he found a very large snake making it's way toward Kaya.

Quinlan didn't stop to think, because any second later and she'd be toast.  Even if she did have djinn blood.  Whatever that meant.

He got up and lunged toward the serpent, immediately grabbing it by the tail and whipping it against the floor of the tent.  And doing so repeatedly until he was sure it was dead.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

If the hissing hadn't woken her up yet, the commotion and the thrashing certainly did!

Kaya sat up with a groan, blinking sleepily at Quinlan. Like with any teenager, waking up didn't always come so naturally to her! She stared at him for a long time, crouched there with the limp snake, not quite able to make sense of what she was seeing through her sleepy goggles. She blinked again.

Did he...? Oh no. Thank goodness.

Wait, was that a SNAKE!?

Kaya rubbed her eyes, leaning forward. "Oh, you idiot," she groaned loudly, voice still a little thick. "That's a messenger snake. You stupid -"

But she stopped. A messenger snake.

The messenger snake!

That only meant one thing: It was time. Her Sirrushlings were ready. They were hatching!

"The messenger snake!" she exclaimed, sounding suddenly excited instead of angry. "BAH!" The happy exclamation was followed by Kaya jumping to her feet, half tripping over the blankets she'd slept on, then half-tripping over Quinlan, landing on her butt with her foot still caught in his bonds.

Lion

Well of course.  She sees a snake, it's a messenger saying something in it's hissing.  He saw a snake, killed it, and he was the fool.  What was he thinking?  Quinlan sighed and rolled his eyes, dropping the dead snake and couldn't even react to her sudden burst of excitement.

Her...Her hatchlings were ready?  Quinlan just stared at her until she tripped and she was still so bubbly.  He helped her up.  "Well, don't just stand here, idiot!  Go!  Go look!" he said, practically shoving her out the tent flaps.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

"Don't tell me what to do, stinkin' abjad!" Kaya sputtered as she struggled to untangle herself from Quinlan's bonds and regain her footing. Once she did, she gave him a sharp kick to the ribs. Just to remind him just who was in charge here. But she didn't stick around after that. Kaya didn't so much as glance back at him before she shot out the tent, even faster than all the times she had before. The excitement of the messenger seemed to put more fire beneath her feet than the embarrassment of interacting with a strange, half-naked man!

Kaya was gone the rest of the night and much of the next day. Though, with his master's watchful eyes gone, the goatherd dog crept into the tent and lay beside Quinlan for awhile. When the sun was dipping down towards the horizon, the dog's ears suddenly shot up and he scurried out of the tent. Heralding the return of Kaya.

And boy was Kaya walking high! She couldn't believe her luck! Not luck, skill. She was the best. She was the very best. All six of the eggs had hatched! All six! Even Kheema usually didn't hatch one or two eggs. She'd hatched all six! Two oily black like their mother, one gold like Myshhusu, one midnight blue, one green... And even more impressive, with opal scales - one of the hatchlings was winged! Winged Sirrush were very, very rare. It was a recessive trait that only cropped up once in every so many generations. Kaya couldn't wait to tell Kheema. To tell everyone!

Except, of course, the stinkin' abjad.

But Kaya wasn't even cross with Quinlan when she returned. She could have been walking on clouds. She was so pleased, pleased with her Sirrush, and pleased with herself. When she came back, she gave a short dog-whistle for Quinlan.

"Sorry, boy!" she 'greeted' him happily, as though she were talking to a chained up dog. "Forgot to come back to take you out! Come along! Then I'll cook us something good. And," she grinned at him, throwing him an overdone wink as she undid his chain from the stove, "if you behave, I might even try to fluster you again!"

Lion

Frankly her kick had been like getting smacked by a broom.  There was the initial sting, but she'd yet to come into all her strength, Quinlan assumed.  Still, he was more than grateful to be to himself for once.  Because her presence while chained up, was a little overbearing.  In the day and a half when she was gone, his skin had finished peeling and it was nice to be able to touch his own skin again without having to wince.

That time was spent drawing things idly in the dirt patches between the rugs and sleeping with the dog and mostly just eating the rest of whatever was left inside that oven – mashing his own chickpeas for one.   Her return, however, was met with a nonchalant shrug.

"I'm okay," he said, licking his fingers of the mashed chickpeas that remained beneath his fingernails.  "I already peed outside the tent flap.  I hope you didn't step on any of it.  However, a bath would be nice."  A part of him was suspicious that she would just throw a bucket of water on him, which really, he wouldn't mind because any water on his flesh would bring relief from the itch his sweat brought.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

Ew. Kaya looked back over her shoulder with clear disgust, but if he really had peed there, the sun had long ago dried it.

But when he asked for a bath she looked back at Quinlan with a bit of confusion. Was he teasing her again? She just looked at him for a moment, then finally deciding that he was not joking, she laughed.

"A bath?" she repeated. "What do you want to bathe in?"

Lion

He looked at her with a tilt in his posture.  "In your blood."

But even he couldn't keep a straight face at that.  "Water," he snorted, quickly sobering.  "Fresh, clean water, with soap and maybr a scrub brush."  He stood up and moved closer to her.  "Well, outside we go yes."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

kleineklementine

"Stupid abjad," she shook her head at him. Her laughter had been replaced (yet again) by a look as though he were beyond naive. "The nearest water is the well I picked you up at. That's more than an hour away with the donkey. And it's just a well! You can't bathe there. You're not up to that long of a trip, anyway."

In fact, Kaya did need to go back to the well. But she hadn't imagined taking the pig man with her! But a well was for drinking! Not bathing.

"You're just going to have to survive being dirty, little princess."

Lion

A quirked brow.  "I can bathe well enough with a bucket of water.  Can not even you with your little legs provide that for a guest in your care?" his tone was gentle, perhaps even patronizing.  "You most certainly are in need of a bad, Miss Kaya.  You smell worse than I do.  I know I stink.  But if I'm telling you that you're of a foul odor, that's saying something."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn