Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Destiny's Crossroads (SciFiSteve626)

Started by Saber-Five, July 04, 2015, 06:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

Meeta Neferatri dressed in an brown short sleeved dress-like tunic sat beside her master Qasumin Kaa. They were inside a purple curtain covered wagon driven by two oxen. It was in the middle of a middle sized caravan traveling through a rock sharped canyon. A dozen armored horsemen armed with swords and bows guarded Kaa's wagon while the two pair acted as sentries in the front and rear of the caravan. Their destination was one of the outlying settlements, with an amphitheater. While it was not as grand as the Golden City's Coliseum it was still good enough for Meeta to fight in and for her master to profit from. She sighed, survived her first fight at the Coliseum but barely and her pride stung a bit for it.

Master Kaa dressed his white silk robes was enjoying a cup of wine noticed Meeta's mood and commented.

"My child be thankful that you have survived through Hakeshna's will. To live another day in your line of work is a rare gift."

Meeta simply nodded, keeping her eyes lowered, while in some ways Kaa meant well and favored her over many of his severants but the reality is she was still his slave, an investment. Meeta knew if she didn't produce more success she will die like an animal and master Kaa won't be able to save her then. The half-breed slave can fight and enjoyed it no doubt of that but she wanted more than that, to earn her own freedom and become a citizen of Essryn. Kaa promised it so if she won matches and survived but the truth he won't take all the risks like she has to. The master wasn't a cruel man compare to many other nobles but he was centered mostly what benefited him the most.

By Hakeshna I still wish to become part of the Golden City. Still...

The fact remains she was mixed blood, not full Essyrni, the only thing that made her stand out was her fighting talent and story-telling. What if Essyrni society won't accept her even if she wins fame as a gladiator? She kept silent while the master laughed and talked with his chief concubine to the left side. Meanwhile the caravan loaded with gold and food were unaware they were being watched.

SciFiSteve626

Akyra ducked behind the large golden rust-colored bolder alongside one of her personal bodyguards Arash. Unlike the Ethnics of the Sand Dragon People, Arash was not born into the tribe, he was a runaway slave of dark complexion and a hard-set jaw that was rescued by Sand Dragon tribesman. Ever since be rescued by Akyra and her tribesmen, Arash learned how to wield a spear and shield with remarkable proficiency, although it was his fierce loyalty that made Arash a member of Akyra's guardsmen.

The caravan the Akyra and her tribesmen were stalking was one heading away from the despised Golden City. Judging from the route the caravan was taking and where they were in the desert, Akyra deduced that it was transporting cargo to one of the "lesser cities" that was apart of the Essyrn nation. The Sand Dragon People had been tracking this caravan for several days now, as they had refused to pay tribute for crossing the Sand Dragon People's territory. Akyra and her warriors had a perfectly planned ambush at this juncture in the road which was surrounded by rock outcroppings.

Peeking over the bolder, Akyra noticed a small guard detachment for the caravan, which possessed a grand purple draped wagon in the center. A pang of excitement coursed through Akyra as she perked slightly.

"Essyrn nobility," Arash whispered, reading Akyra's body language. Although she appeared to be slightly excited, Arash knew from personal experience this meant that Akyra was ecstatic. "The purple drapes could make a fine profit when we meet the Merchant Guilds."

"Or they could make a flashy outfit or cape for me," Akyra responded in a hushed tone. Quelling her excitement as she fought her impatience, Akyra scanned the caravan to estimate what types of cargo it could be carrying. The odd nature of the wagons made it impossible to tell.

"Ready the warriors for attack," Akyra comamnded Arash. With a slight bow Arash turned around crouching and ascended the boulder-laden outcropping with such fluidity that he could not be noticed by travelers on the road below.

Drawing her composite bow and loading it with an arrow, Akyra took aim at one of the mounted guardsmen. It was foolish enough for Essyrn nobility to travel into Sand Dragon People territory, as Akyra took no Essyrn nobleman prisoner, but doubly foolish for this nobleman to travel with such a small guard detachment.

"I hope you have lots of gold with you sir." Akyra scoffed sardonically as she loosed her arrow at the guardsman. The arrow cut through the air, piercing the guardsman's helmet and skewered his head. No sooner than it had registered to the other guards that they were being ambushed than a chorus of arrows from Akyra's raiding party sprung forth towards the remaining guardsmen. The orders she had given her warriors were clear, kill all Essyrn and guardsmen, and do not harm any cargo.

With a piercing whistle Akyra summoned her imposing black stallion Safan. On que, Safan leapt out from behind the rocky outcropping, and barreled down towards the caravan. Jumping into the air Akyra grabbed hold of Safan and mounted him without breaking stride, and loaded another arrow on her bow as she charged the caravan. 

Saber-Five

When the first arrow pierced made its kill, the rider fell and his fellows were caught off guard by the swiftness of it. Soon enough a shower of more arrows fell upon the convey. Screams and grunts were heard as over half of the guards and servants were struck dead or wounded in seconds. Qausmin Kaa, his veiled mistress, and Meeta inside the main wagon heard it all in utter horror and stayed motionless.

"I should've paid those filthy bandits."

Kaa murmured at last while the war cries and horse hoops could heard be loudly outside. Meeta looked at him and remembered him mentioned eariler how he rejected some nomads' demand of gold in return for safe passage. Meeta had been asleep in another wagon at the time and didn't know until later but paid it no mind. Now they were all going to pay for that mistake. The noble was about to speak further when an arrow cut straight through the drapes and stabbed into his neck.

He gasped air but only end up spitting out blood, ruining his fine robe. His well dressed mistress shrieked at the sight and jump out of the carriage in sheer panic. Meeta stayed where she was, rendered shocked, watching Qasumin, her master the one who could give her freedom breathed his last. He stared at Meeta in frighten and pleading eyes, notimg wanting to end like this but the death's hand took him anyway, seconds later with his brown eyes still opened. The slave turned away from looking further, she didn't love the man but he had treated her with some decency though like a pet. Then finally she grabbed for his dagger to the side unsheathing it and then got off.

Meanwhile the remaining guards at the carriage, confused and dazed by the onslaught either tried to flee or resist. A small grouping of people, warrior and slave alike at the end of the line made ran for their lives, leaving the others to to their fate. A few surviving guards lead by their captain made a stand and fired back arrows toward the raiders, killing one or two men also one horse. Then they meet the ambushes' assault with desperate courage clashing in melee combat. Meeta used the confusion to hide under the dead master's wagon for cover.

Then she watched the fight turned into a slaughter helplessly.

SciFiSteve626

The hapless guards feel predictably fast against the well-coordinated ambush that Akyra had planned out.

"SEARCH THE CARAVAN FOR LOOT AND CAPTURE THE HORSES!" Akyra ordered, "THE WAGON IS MINE!"

Akyra strutted methodically towards the purple draped wagon with her scimitars in hand. Fresh blood stained the once majestic purple silk and covered the wooden and gold frame of the wagon itself. Glancing inside, Akyra could clearly see a slain Essyrn nobility adorned in fancy garments and jewelry.

Suddenly something from underneath the wagon caught Akyra's eye, and she peered under the wagon.

Akyra's eyes widened with mild surprise as she spotted a simply-dressed female with dark hair bright amber eyes and smooth tonned olive skin. She clutched a dagger and her body was positioned defensively, waiting to fend off any assaliants.

Clearly this distraught girl was not one of the Essyrn, and perhaps one of his slaves. If that was the case then Akyra had found a potential recruit of her Sand Dragon Tribe.

Not wishing to appear overbearing, but reassuringly confident, Akyra eased up her facial expression, slid her scimitars in their scabbards, and offered her hand to help stand the slave up.

"And who might you be?" Akyra inquired.

Saber-Five

When looking eye to eye with the fierce looking raider, Meeta while distressed kept some semblance of calm and refused to look down from her. Though to be honest she was greatly surprised that she hadn't went ahead and kill her right now and instead offer her hand and even asked for her name. Meeta stayed where were she was deciding what she can do, but keeping the knife at ready for the first sign of trouble.

Perhaps my less than Essyrni features has gotten her curious.

She then recalled the vicious stories of what the nomadic raiders do to their captives and wondered if this was meant to let her guard down and be taken into by the barbarians so they can do want whatever they want to her. Yet she just a slave armed with only a knife, this woman and her men can easily just overwhelm her without trickery. Beside Meeta at the moment simply wanted to increase her chances for survival and that meant talking right now.

So with a cautious expression on her face she finally spoke.

"Meeta Neferatri, slave of Noble House Kaa."

SciFiSteve626

"Meeta Neferatri, slave of Noble House Kaa." The female timidly spoke.

Good Akyra thought vainly, my reputation precedes me. If this girl was a slave like she claimed to be, she had clearly endured an unjust life. Scanning over the slave girl, Akyra tried to guess what her purpose was. Perhaps her simple outfit meant she was a house slave, meant to do trivial chores for their masters and occasionally pleasure them. Akyra hoped that such a fate had not befallen this innocent yet seemingly weak girl. Does she have a use if she were to join the tribe? Akyra asked herself. Perhaps encouraging the girl to speak would be worthwhile, and would help answer some of Akyra's questions. 

"Well Meeta Neferatri," Akyra began, "you are a slave of the House Kaa no longer. What did those supposedly civilized people use you for?"

Saber-Five

What the raider said next shocked Meeta that her eyes widen for a few seconds in utter disbelieve. Briefly she thought it meant freedom but then suspicion gave when asked what she did for her previous owners. Does mean she traded one servitude for another Meeta wondered to herself. Either way there wasn't much options for her but to keep playing along.

"I paint a little, do chores, tell stories." Meeta repiled, not mentioning her actual main talent as a hand to hand fighter and being trained as a gladiator as well. She preferred not to to prove the claim to these savages and to keep a edge she can use for her advantage. Suddenly Meeta felt her feet get yanked from behind by rough hands and was dragged out from under carriage, away from Akyra. A big burly man clad in leather armor chuckled in amusement.

"I'm claiming this pet."

He exclaimed but before he can say further, Meeta on instinct turned around and slammed an uppercut into his face. The warrior's head bend backward and blood spilled from his nose rendered upon impact. Yet Meeta wasn't finished though, she was enraged, pain or death she was going to make this brute suffer. Meeta kicked her right foot straight up into his balls. The man cried out in humiliated pain and fell sideways.

The slave tried get up however one of the other raiders on foot intervened and smashed a fist to her head she fell back down hard. Finally a few more raiders in pointed their weapons at her, readying to kill at a moment's notice.

SciFiSteve626

Akyra burst out laughing sadistically and clapping as a group of scale armor-clad spear infantry knocked the girl to the ground and aimed their shimmering spear tips at her. Impressive Akyra mused, she can fight well. Does this mean she is a gladiator? Or is she merely another house slave trained in self-defense?

"Stand down!" Akyra barked at the spear warriors, who in unison withdrew their weapons and backed away from the girl.

"Get up!" Akyra spat to the cowering girl who was still crouched over on the desert floor.

"You may no longer be a slave to the Essyrn, Meeta," Akyra began menacingly "But you are not free yet."

"In the Moraki Desert, everything is earned in a fight for survival. If you want anything, you must kill or steal for it, and destroy those who would stop you from obtaining it." Akyra spoke reverently of the hellish desert, gesturing with her free hand to its vastness.

"Being a slave, I'm sure you have dreamt of the day when you would become truly a free person, without the pampered nobles of Essyrn controlling your daily life."

"So...Meeta," Akyra narrowed her eyes, "You will have your freedom, if you earn it. It appears the Essyrn did a good job of molding you into a cowering tramp, but I see potential in you. Release your vicious streak, know you aren't chained by anyone anymore, and your freedom will truly be at hand."

"But first," Akyra continued, "you will fight for your freedom, if you survive, then not only will you have your freedom, you may have finally found a home."

Unsheathing her right scimitar, Akyra grasped it by the blade and held it out so Meeta could grab the handle. Then, motioning with her left hand, Akyra pointed at the tribesman that had assaulted Meeta earlier, who was beginning to heal from the shot he took to the crotch.

"All you must do," Akyra said, "Is kill him. And don't even think about protesting, I know it is not fair for you to fight a fully-clad brute, but that's what I am decreeing. Life in the desert is not fair, and if you kill him, then you are sure able to handle adversity like a true Sand Dragon."

"OFF WITH YOU!" Akyra shouted as she kicked Meeta toward the brute. The spear warriors began to form a circle around the two combatants.

"I hope I am right about you," Akyra muttered to herself.

Saber-Five

Meeta took in all that said by Akyra's speech as she stood back up. At least the savage was honest more than most of the merchant princes and princesses she knew and heard about. Brutal yet honest indeed. The slave resented being compared as a cowardly whore, yet Erssyni masters did call for slaves to be submissive to their will. It was situation she hated even more though she didn't show in public. She had spent years training to win release through gladiator combat and her first match recently had been a nightmare.

It would've taken longer to win favor while the nobles who profited from her struggles they didn't have to go through and that assuming she somehow survived. The more she thought it the more incensed Meeta became. Now an offer of freedom was just one duel away a few feet from her. Her bloody faced opponent leered at her and added.

"Such a shame I have to gut you now whore. I could've had so much fun with you back at my tent."

Meeta's eyes blaze as if on fire and took ahold of the weapon offered to her by Akrya. She was taken off-guard however when being kicked straight toward the big man. He smirked and licked his lips before drawing out his sword and slashed its blade for her neck. Once again trained instincts and added the experience kicked in and she parred with her own scimitar and backed up away. Armed with knife in the left hand and the sword in the other Meeta got in an defense stance while the big raider called Rolo charged, swinging his blade two-handed at her.

Where the warrior had sheer strength and experience on his side, Meeta countered with speed and agility. She dodged the strike for the left side. Meeta didn't attack yet because she trying to find an opening in his armor but it was difficult. Rolo came at her again and closed the distance. He swung the sword down to spilt her head half but instead she rolled away from it. Growing annoyed and wanting to avenge his honor before the others, Rolo growl and chased after her again but this time the slave did make her move.

She bend down and stabbed the dagger into his groin area. Rolo shrieked like a wounded beast and dropped his weapon and fell backward, grasping his lowered area. Meeta didn't waste another second and threw her knife away and used both hands to slashed with the longed curved blade and off Rolo's head went into the sand. Once done Meeta collapsed to her knees, catching her breath as her heart pounded rapidly. After all it could've easliy been her dead right about now but she still can lived a little bit longer...if the savage lady keeps her word.

SciFiSteve626

"I've never quite seen anyone attack a mans genitals with such precision and vigor," Akyra could barley contain herself as she almost collapsed from laughter, drawing astonished and puzzled looks from her warriors who were not used to her act this way.

Walking up to the dismembered head of Rolo, Akyra grasped it by the hair and held it up to inspect it.

"Was he of any use anyways?" Akyra rhetorically asked to no one in particular. With disdain Akyra chucked the head to the side and turned to face Meeta, who had shown great skill in finishing off Rolo so quickly.

"Well Meeta, it is quite apparent that you lied when you said you were a house slave. You are, no, were a very competent gladiator. Why you are not still fighting in the Colosseum boggles my mind, but, that is of little consequence now."

"Do you feel free Meeta? Because you are truly free now, drink in the ability to make choices for yourself, and taste the pride of your victories, from now on you will own them, not someone else. Of course it will take a while for you to drop your old habits, and some you may never get rid of. You are however, a skilled fighter, and perhaps you have some other talents yet to be uncovered as well."

"I offer you," Akyra proposed, "a home. I am the Warlord of the Sand Dragon People, and many people like you have called our band of warriors home over the centuries, giving their lives purpose, and if not purpose, at least a family and a proud tradition that makes people from the cities quake in fear. My ancestors were run away slaves, and generations later I am now Warlord, I have power, prestige, and I lead my people on the Great Journey to finding a homeland in the rivers to the west."

"What say you Meeta? Will you join my tribe, let us unlock you talents so you can live a life worth living, when an order issued to you is for the greater good of a people, and not a selfish nobleman? If you are concerned about my people being ruffians, I can assure you the ill-fated Rolo was an exception. He was not worthy and you slew him. My other tribesman carry themselves with dignity even if they do loose themselves in battle occasionally. While it is amusing to hear the horror stories that people concoct about us from the cities, we are a family, and we are not cannibalistic brutes."

"You have your freedom Meeta, now make your choice." Akyra declared. "If say you yes, then return me my scimitar and accompany me to camp. If say you no, take my scimitar and go off into the distance. The choice is all yours."

Saber-Five

Meeta Nerfartri couldn't say anything for the longest moment as she stayed on her knee due to exhaustion and all that been done and said. She never thought freedom would come by one clash of steel and in an short matter. Sometimes Meets imagined her winning the crowds over with amazing feats in the Golden City's arena and then finally fighting a final duel that sets her chains loose and she becomes an accepted citizen. Even though it may had been a foolish dream it was one that kept her going until now on the single chance of succeeding.

Yet it wasn't any of the princes of Essryn who have given her what she wanted now but a nomadic warlord who just met her today. Yes it had been sealed with bloodshed but had been against someone who wanted to violate her. Then she heard the circling warrior amongst each other, that they were surprised that Akyra their chieftain didn't kill the bag of fees beforehand, considering his foolish and disgraceful conduct. Probably been too busy to do so with her other duties to the tribe was the general belief. With that subject out of the way, Meeta pondered on what's being offered.

She could exactly leave but where to? Essryn would likely just sell her off to master Kaa's next of kin. Not to mention that journeying alone through the Morkai Desert would claim her life in an horrible matter. The worst about it would be no one would really miss her. She didn't know about all this talk of finding homelands and such, but belonging to a people who could actually want her was just wasn't something to deny lightly.

The freedom to actually make these choices made her feel alive more than anything ever before. Finally Meeta pushed herself up despite the soreness aching the body. She handed the scimitar back to Akyra, signaling her accpetence of the warlord's offer and said.

"Yes I will join you."

SciFiSteve626

Akyra, never one for showing emotion other than sadistic pleasure or stoic coldness, let a genuine smile creep onto her pale lips. The words of a former slave removing themselves of the shackles of their former masters and becoming one with the Sand Dragon People was like a beautiful chorus to her.

"Very well, Meeta,you have chosen wisely," Akyra declared, "From now on, you will experience what it is like to live a life outside the confines of slavery. From now on, you are now a Sand Dragon."

"To be a Sand Dragon means to be a warrior, a fighter, and apart of a family. To all of us, you are our sister, to you, we are your sisters and brothers." Akyra paused to motion toward the warriors, who had gathered around to witness the impromptu induction ceremony.

"Many of our tribesmen have slave blood flowing through their veins, and many yet are like you, runaways who saw the opportunity for commitment and purpose." Akyra spoke grandly, feeling her blood tingle with joy as she recounted the lore of her tribe.

"While we understand that you, as with others who have come along, are not familiar with the desert, in time you will call the desert you home. You will be able to read the desert, to connect to the desert, and become spiritually tied to it." Akyra's brown eyes shone as she talked about the Moraki Desert. "Yes there is danger, but the desert will forge you into a being of strength and willpower, as it has all of us." Some more than others Akyra nearly rolled her eyes at the thought of Rolo.

"Most of the Ethnics undergo an initiation into the tribe" Akyra explained, Killing then ripping out the heart of a Cave Scorpion was a daunting task Akyra thought with nostalgia "Those who are not born into the tribe, must still undergo a trial of their own."

"Our people are currently at war with a group of magic-users called the Beast Masters of Lenash, who are currently trying to sell their services to the Essyrn to kill off our people. It is through a magical stone they are able to augment their power to control normally untouchable creatures such as the Sand Hydra. You will accompany me on a mission into their camp to kill the Beast Masters and capture the stone. It will be hard, many of us will possibly die, for the Beast Masters are imposing adversaries, but if we fight as one we can not be stopped." Ending her monologue, Akyra turned on her heal to walk back to her mount Safan, gazing back over her shoulder, she motioned for Meeta to come mount Safan with her.

"Come Meeta, become one with the Sand Dragons."

Saber-Five

In some ways Meeta was still in shock that she survived and was now free woman, no longer a slave. The fact these raiders accepted anyone of her status into their fold said a lot. When the chieftain declare she were going accompany her to be attack some magic users called Beast Masters, Meeta paused however. Yes she was a fighter but she had fought only in duels and sparring matches not battles. She heard it was quite different and seen to be the case judging by the ambush the Sand Dragons had commit against this now destroyed caravan.

The nomadic warriors were already looting wagons and the Essryni dead, guralds and civilians alike. She forced herself not look, and followed Akyra to her horse. Once they both got on, Meeta nervously spoke.

"I can fight yes but I am not experienced the ways of war yet. But I am willing...to learn."

She stopped for a moment before adding.

"Should we find time would you be willing to spar in hand to hand combat with me?"

SciFiSteve626

"We will attack the Beastmaster Camp after we have had our scouts scope out the perimeter of their base entirely." Akyra explained, "It would be foolish to throw you into the fray without some prior training. While my Komutan is overseeing the preparations for the assault, I will personally oversee your training."

"You appear to be an agile combatant, frontline warfare does not seem to be your strong suit, although you are more than capable in a duel." Akyra slowed her speech slightly as she gathered her thoughts, "Your gladiator training has served you well, although we will make sure your skills are perfected. Looking at you, it appears that you have Essyrn blood in you, and I can definitely see you becoming a valued scout or spy for us."

"Horse riding, terrain traversing, swordplay, we will have time to go over the basics of all of these." Akyra finished as Safan came up to the Sand Dragon Camp.

Akyra halted Safan so Meeta could gaze upon the camp in the valley below. Rows of tents arranged in a circular fashion were situated on a hill that commanded a wide valley. Guard posts were situated on rock outcroppings and boulders were positioned in a protective fashion around the camp. The tents for the military leaders of the tribe were situated on slightly higher elevation than the rest of the camp, and columns of warriors executed practice maneuvers in clearly established spaces. Well crafted serpentine stone statues were placed at the entrances.

"Welcome to your new home," Akyra exclaimed.

--

(OCC: We can have Meetas reaction to her new home then we flash forward to sparring.)

Saber-Five

Meeta felt embrassed for having the mistaking notion that she was going to be thrown into battle immediately. What Akrya said made a lot of sense to her and it sounded reasonable enough. It was a lot better expectations than that of merchant princes. When they stopped in view of the camp, Meeta did take a good look at it from that angle. Despite having traveled and slept in tents before she was more used to living in solid buildings. The young girl was grateful of being freed but she felt it will take time to adjust to the lifestyle of these nomads.

The irony is she recalled that her mother was one in fact from the Serha plains far north of here.

I wonder what she would think of me joining a tribe? Then again she died when I was born so who knows. The women at the brothel never told me how she felt about her origins.

Regardless Meeta felt at least glad to be alive and allowed some more freedom than she ever had.

SciFiSteve626

A few days had passed since Meeta had joined the tribe and been given her own tent. Unlike the other newcomers, Meeta had her small quarters positioned next to Akyra's large command tent. Necessary provisions such as animal skin clothing, scale armor, a short sword, and other bare necessities were assigned to the newcomer. Akyra hoped that Meeta would not find the adjustment of only owning what was necessary difficult. She had been a slave after all, and she couldn't have been given any materialistic possessions by her former masters. That would be the easy part of Meeta's transition. Stuff such as hunting, riding, tracking, and occasionally eating raw meat would probably prove to be the most difficult parts of her transition.

Akyra definitely had her work cut out for her, she had a lot to teach the former gladiator in a short amount of time. Today they were going to go over swordplay, something that Meeta seemed already very skilled at. Despite being skilled, Akyra had noticed in the short time she knew Meeta that there were areas of her sparring that could use improvement.

Akyra was fully armed in her battle attire, with both her hands on her scimitar hilts. Meeta was wearing a similar but less ornate scale armor outfit, armed with a scimitar as well. Akyra was not sure if Meeta liked using the scimitar, but she seemed very capable of wielding it.

"So Meeta," Akyra called out, "let's see what you are capable of."

Akyra waited for Meeta to make the first move.

Saber-Five

Meeta's transition into the tribe was an ongoing process. Having a freed life was proving to be hard one. Where she was used had to follow nearly every wish by her late master and his household, Meeta was learning to take care of herself more. The nomads so far had given Meeta some guidelines to follow and expected her to contribute but for most part she wasn't treated like property. Really the only things she still missed of her old life was some luxuries that was afforded back in Essryn even for slaves.

Hopefully in the future maybe she could aqquire some Essryni goods during a raid or something. She put that in the back of her mind, when focusing back to Akrya in front of her. They were both armed and ready to spar. Meeta smiled like a predator when the warlord made her statement which she took as a challenge. When in situations such as sparring or real duels, Meeta usually felt more alive than most other things.

Then she ran out of her stance and charged straight for Akrya. In the midst of the charge, she pull out of the scimitar from the sheath and slashed it horizontally toward her partner's neck area once she closed the distance between them.

SciFiSteve626

The aggressiveness of Meeta brought a genuine smile to Akyra's lips. Meeta's quickdraw was impressive too, and it was aimed at Akyra's throat perfectly. Such a maneuver was better executed when a warrior started a duel much closer to their adversary, as Akyra stood with ample time to plan her next move.

Drawing her right scimitar, Akyra forcefully slashed at Meeta's scimitar to deflect its oncoming blow. Meeta's held on to her scimitar but it violently changed its trajectory away from Akyra's throat. Although Meeta appeared temporarily open to attack, Akyra used the opportunity to jest. Raising her head to Meeta could see the scar on her neck, Akyra playfully bantered, "You're not trying to give another one these are you?"

When she was done showing of her wound and battle experience to the newcomer, Akyra let Meeta direct a few more attacks at her. She knows her swordplay Akyra thought with approval as several well directed blows were all aimed at vulnerable spots on Akyra's body such as her knee and elbow.

Enough of this, she must learn Akyra thought with slight irritation. Immediately after effortlessly glancing an uppercut blow from Meeta's scimitar, Akyra launched herself into a torrent of brief and powerful attacks. To the untrained eye, they seemed random and unconnected, but Akyra wished to test Meeta's reaction speed and was attempting to disorient her. Meeta was a expert swordsman and vivacious fighter. But with, Akyra's superior strength and impressive dexterity, each one of her furious attacks seemed to increase in power exponentially.

"This is the Waterfall of Death Meeta," Akyra said to inform Meeta of her sword fighting style. "See if you can keep your head above water."

Saber-Five

The onslaught of the warlord was literally a sight to behold. Meeta at first thought she handling defense against Akyra's counterattacks. She tried with all her might to parry and block as best as she could but yet the chaotic randomness and the sheer ferocity of the moves were overwhelming. The strength of each blow seem to increase with every new second. Then suddnely when the ex-slave tried block again the impact of their blades colliding literally pushed her back, proving her opponent's strength was indeed superior.

Meeta grunted in shock as she fell backward and dropped her sword on accident. It left her completely defenseless for Akrya to take advantage of.

SciFiSteve626

Akyra unfurled a fast slash and Meeta's throat, and stopped the blade against her neck.

"You tredded water, but eventually drowned," Akyra scoffed. Visibily Akyra held a look of disdain, but the former gladiator had defended against Akyra much better than any other combatant in recent memory that Akyra had dueled. There was a well of potential inside Meeta waiting to be tapped into.

"You are a skillful fighter, not a powerful one," Akyra chastised.

"While your elegance may have gotten you far in the Coliseum, it will not serve you against trained warriors, especially those that inhabit the Moraki Desert." Akyra spoke disdainfully of Meeta's gladiator heritage. "How do you plan on fending off a Sand Hydra coming at full bore or a Thanite Beserker? By trying to match its strength? You can improvise better than most who have survived the Coliseum, but you must be able to develop a style of combat that plays to your strengths."

"Nicely choreographed moves wow crowds, but you will not last long out here with them." Akyra eased her tone as she let Meeta stand up. "When I increased the power of my attacks, you panicked and tried to match my power. Tell me, what is your main physical strength?"

Before Meeta could answer, Akyra continued: "Speed. You are accurate with you slashes, and move your blade quickly. You must play to these strengths as much as possible while providing your opponent no opportunity to exploit your weaknesses. If an opponent tries to overpower you, evade them, then counterattack swiftly to keep them off balance. When on the attack, strike fluidly from one weak point to the next, allow the opponent no reprieve. Do not match power for power as you just tried to do."

Akyra then pointed toward Meeta's imprint in the sand and slashed at the head region, kicking up sand into Meeta's sandals.

"Or you will end up like that."

(OOC: more sparring or another lesson, your choice)