Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Sand

Started by Magyar, November 21, 2016, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

"We should hit the Bazaar." He replied, "If you follow a path, or rather a vague direction, everything kind of lines up. Nothing is too far away." 

He said nothing after, but his eyes flicked back once, and he said, "What were you dreaming about, Dell?"

DragonSong

She jerked slightly in surprise, making Rain toss his head in protest as she tensed up on the reins. "What- what do you mean? I wasn't dreaming about anything in particular," she replied quickly.

Magyar

"Well you did sit bolt up when I said 'Good Morning'," Bolion pointed out, "And you were all blushy, and you did that thing you do when you're overwhelmed where you run your hands through your hair. I can only assume you had a funky dream."

DragonSong

"I do not blush," Della lied through her teeth. "It's- it's just hot out here, that's all."

She almost moved her hands to run through her hair again, then caught herself and snapped her hand back to the reins. "It was...just a dream. What, you never have weird dreams?"

Magyar

"No, I have them, but I was just curious is all." He smiled a tad smugly, and said nothing more for a time. The desert had a way of calming the incessantly talkative side of him, and so he rode, simply taking in the sights, sounds, and feeling of the journey.

DragonSong

Della was nowhere near as serene, panting desperately in the desert heat and grumbling complaints to herself every so often. Finally, she gave a sharp cry of frustration and tore her makeshift turban off her head.

"I'm not wearing this until absolutely necessary," she declared, glaring as though daring him to argue.

Magyar

Bolion turned back, eyes wide and smiling. Greatly holding back laughter, he said, "Then don't wear it."
He turned back towards the road, and muttered something about crazy people and foreigners.

DragonSong

Catching a few snippets of his comments, she made a rude gesture at his back and rolled her eyes.

"Not my fault you people feel the need for ridiculous fashions," she muttered. "...I miss my cloak."

Magyar

"We don't always wear those things, but your insensitivity surrounding your horns and the desirability of your ass appendage means you need to cover up, and dark cloaks are bad here." He said, shooting a condescending look at her, "You know that."

He rode on for a few moments, then apprehensively piped up, "Of course there's an alternate route, but I doubt you'll spring for it."

DragonSong

"Ass appendage?" Della resisted the urge to throw something at him again- then her ears perked up.

"Alternate route? What alternate route?"

Magyar

"Two actually, one of which if we get caught could be lethal and jeopardize the mission, the other much safer but less to your liking. I'd assume anyways," he said, and began to explain, "If you really want to keep your robes, we could pose as religious workers, or temple guards, but that requires either great knowledge of religion or extreme quantities of luck."

Here he paused, because he didn't want to propose something that he knew she'd bite his head off for, but every opportunity was one worth at least thinking about exploiting.

"We could..." he said hesitantly, "Go down the path I normally choose, wherein I feign being a trader. That way you could wear sufficiently concealing clothing, and you could let your tail fly, but you'd have to act the part of a particular kind of slave. Otherwise it's sackcloth and shackles, but certain slaves are treated very well, and as such, you could do some snooping without much hindrance."

DragonSong

Her interest was piqued. "Snooping is always good." She tilted her head at him and urged Rain a little closer so she could better see his face. "When you say a particular kind of slave- are you talking about a concubine?" Her eyes were calculating, obviously mulling over the idea.

Magyar

"Yes." He said, suddenly uncomfortable under her scrutiny. He'd honestly been expecting a much less rational response, but he still didn't really understand Della or her behaviour. "A concubine."

DragonSong

"Hmm." she sat in quiet for a while, weighing the pros and cons of the idea.

On the one hand he was right- she'd have plenty of excuses to snoop around, and it was unlikely anyone would accost her or attempt to capture her for the slave markets if she was already "owned".

On the other hand... Her eyes flickered to Bolion and narrowed. "Alright," she said after a moment with a sharp nod. "But you touch me without my permission and I'll geld you."

Magyar

"Yes, well you've proven yourself adequate in the art of pain." He said nervously, "Don't neuter me okay? I'm going to have to play the part too you know." He veered a little away, but then thought of something.

"What would you prefer? Personal Concubine, or a promised payload of sorts? As in I, the slave trader, have been asked to provide a certain kind of woman for a customer."

DragonSong

She debated that internally for a few moments, worrying at her lower lip. "Ow!"

She'd been so lost in her thoughts she hadn't been paying attention and her fang nicked her lip. She winced and licked at the droplet of purplish blood.

"Personal concubine," she mumbled as she sucked on her lip. "I don't want people trying to make you a better offer for me."

Magyar

Bolion's eyes widened slightly as he watched, and he tightened his jaw. You are going to need the most self control you've ever had in your life around this girl, he thought to himself.

"Alright." He said, and then more quietly, "Let's hope it works."

DragonSong

"Hey, I can play a part," Della defended herself, assume his last comment had been directed at her. "You'll just have to keep me informed about the kinds of customs I should know. Like, I can wear my cloak, but what would be expected of me?"

Magyar

"You can wear a cloak. A red one. Slaves have different colours based on their purpose. Your head should be free and your waist should be cinched. We might need to cut a slit for your tail." He said the last part as he leaned back and looked for it, then remembered ahe had pants on, "Essyrni culture is all about showing off your possessions. Having a tailed girl is better than having a normal one, so that would be something someone with a tail would have to wear. If you didn't it would be weird, like having diamond jewelry but keeping it in your bag instead wearing it for everyone to see."

DragonSong

She snorted. "My tail is a diamond necklace. Got it." Arching an eyebrow, she asked curiously, "Why does it have to be red?"