Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Sand

Started by Magyar, November 21, 2016, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

"Concubines are traditionally virgins. Something about the appeal." He said, "The red hides the byproduct of fucking a virgin."

DragonSong

Della's eyes widened and she almost choked on her tongue. "Um- right. I hope you realize that will be acted. I mean- I'm really not." She arched an eyebrow at him, ignoring the way her cheeks flushed to almost teal.

Magyar

Bolion couldn't help but snicker at her reaction, and replied, "Don't worry Della, I don't think anyone's going to be checking downstairs to see if you're authentic."

DragonSong

Her eyes narrowed. "If they try something I'll bit them," she growled, fangs flashing.

Magyar

"They might like that." He retorted, and rode on, eyes on the stars above them. He wasn't just taking in the view, but also navigating by them. By his estimate, they had about ten miles to the first permanent Bazaar. There, they would purchase camels, supplies, and now a Concubine's robe.

DragonSong

Della flinched. "People are sick," she muttered, frowning at Rain's neck as they road.

She couldn't help it- she started to think of Adrien. Of what he might think of her now, her life, this job. He'd be so disappointed...or he'd think it was hilarious. For a moment she imagined she could hear his voice in her head.

"A merc, Dell? An assassin? You? Please! You've got the ferocity of a two week old kitten!"

Her hands clenched on the reins and her horse skittered nervously under her, jerking his head in protest. "Oh!" She realized what she was doing and forced her grip to relax, patting his neck. "Sorry, m'lad."

Magyar

"What?" Bolion asked, twisting in the saddle. He'd only half heard her words, and thought she'd addressed him.

DragonSong

"Nothing," Della replied quickly. "Just...talking to myself. How far are we?"

Not a subtle change of topic, but fuck it.

Magyar

"To the Bazaar?" He replied, "Ten miles or so. You're a little crazy, you know that? It's endearing, don't get me wrong, but still crazy nonetheless."

DragonSong

"Cr- what do you mean I'm crazy?" She frowned at him.

Some talk coming from a man who'd drunk himself into a violent stupor barely two nights ago.

Magyar

"Only a tad crazy mind you. Just enough to get you out of tight spots in extraordinary ways, but also enough that you talk to the animals you use as objects, not as companions." He said to her, "You do realize we are either selling or eating these horses right? I was only partially joking about that bit."

DragonSong

Her jaw dropped. "We are not eating them!" she exclaimed, sounding almost panicked. "Sell, fine, to someone who will look out for them. But no eating!"

All color had blanched from her face and she leaned forward to hug Rain's neck. The gelding snorted, blissfully oblivious to the conversation.

Magyar

"Fine we won't eat them," he sighed, "But horses are a great source of protein you know, and they're not the smartest animals, so I don't think it'd be too much of a loss."

DragonSong

"They are smart!" She scowled at him. "Animals are just as smart as people sometimes, just in different ways."

She huffed and hunched her shoulders, glaring at Rain's neck as they rode.

Magyar

"No, Ravens are smart. Monkeys are smart, and if you want a smart steed, a Moose is one of the most intelligent." He argued, "But horses are not the most intelligent. They are actually quite plain, mentally."

DragonSong

"You ever seen what a trained warhorse can do?" she countered quickly. "They're problem solvers. That seems intelligent to me."

Rain bobbed his head as though agreeing with her and she smiled, patting his neck.

Magyar

"You ever ridden a moose?" He retorted, confident that was all he needed to win the argument.

DragonSong

Della laughed. It was actually a nice sound, when it didn't have the bitter edge to it. "When would I have had the chance to do that? Have you?"

Magyar

"Why yes! Hubert was a great steed, and fierce too!" Bolion shared, and he smiled, remembering his once companion. It had been years since he'd seen the moose, but he had no doubt if he took a vacation to Serendipity he would find him again.

DragonSong

She laughed again, shaking her head. "When on earth did you have occasion to ride a moose? And why in the name of the gods would you call him Hubert?"