Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Sand

Started by Magyar, November 21, 2016, 10:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magyar

Bolion couldn't help but narrow his eyes, and vowed to finish the job if he ever fought with her again, heaven forbid. He was still a tad drunk, but most of the effects had worn off. He stripped off his ruined shirt, and began to walk. He walked out of camp and down the road, for perhaps a mile, bringing nothing more than his trousers. He soon found what he was looking for, a small pond a mile or so south of camp, and stripped down. He slid into the water, the cold making him flinch, but soon relaxed.

You really fucked up this time bud, he thought to himself, and began to think over his options.

DragonSong

After a few moments, Della followed. Finding him was easy, and once she had she tossed a small tin jar toward him.

"Put that on your burns," she said briskly. "It's enchanted. Helps things like that heal fast."

Magyar

"Thanks." He muttered, and set it down on the bank as he soaked. He called to her, before she left again, "You need to cover up. We're in Essyrn now."

DragonSong

"I thought you wanted me not to cover up in the city," she pointed out dryly.

Magyar

"What?" He screwed up his face, confused, "Yeah, but no. Different kind. Wear a turban and a skirt. Unless you're the Shah's men, or a priest, black robes get you shanked."

DragonSong

She waved a hand at him as she made her way back to camp. "Right, I'll get on it."

Magyar

Bolion walked back into camp an hour later, still shirtless, but now much cleaner and salved up. He undid his back, and took a jacket out from within. It was leather, double thick, and the sleeves stopped just before the elbow. The front couldn't be done up all the way, and so it was really more of a vest.

He gathered his little belongings, and mounted Orrin. "I'm ready. Are you?"

DragonSong

Della had fashioned a sort of turbin out of her tunic, covering her horns if a little ungainly in appearance. She still wore breeches, but now her torso was clad only in a breastband.

Her cheeks were very blue. "Let's just get this over with," she grumbled as she mounted Rain.

Magyar

"Great!" Bolion said with enthusiasm that didn't fit the scenario, "You'll blend right in. How's your Essyrni, by the way?"

He led them on Orrin down the same path he had walked before, except that he didn't stop a mile down this time. He went on, and for miles, there was nothing but landscape, as most of the settlements were within the desert, and they had only just breached the vague border between Adela and Essyrn, The Moraki not fifteen miles from where they had rested. In fact, they could even see it once they topped a hill, and yet again, Bolion beheld the stretching expanse of beige, orange and red that went on for as far as the eye could see in any direction. He still was a tad overwhelmed when he came back to it after being away.

DragonSong

"Oh, fuck off," Della grumbled as she urged Rain to follow. She felt exposed and vulnerable and she did not like it.

She couldn't speak a lick of Essyrni, and she told him so in the same irritated grumble that seemed to have become her default tone these last few days.

"When does the oasis start?" she asked after a while of traveling in silence. The endless expanse of sand was making her...twitchy.

Magyar

"Desert center," Bolion replied, "Which is about two hundred miles south of here. The caravans have water, and there are wells, if that's your concern. Also we might have to sell the horses to the first caravan we come to."

He rummaged around in Orrin's saddlebags, and found a wineskin filked to the brim with water. He unscrewed the cap, all the while letting Orrin steer himself, and drank deeply. He turned in saddle to Della and shook the skin at her, "You want some?"

DragonSong

"Sure." She held her hand out for it. "Why aren't we traveling with a caravan again?" she grumbled to herself as she guided Rain with gentle touches from her legs.

Magyar

"Because we haven't run into one." He said rather plainly. He sat comfortably in his saddle, but worried that they wouldn't make good speed on the horses. Camels were preferable. He continued, "If we do, I'll try to secure us a job, but they might not need us."

DragonSong

"This place is too damn hot," Della grumbled. "Why in the names of all the gods to people live here."

She was honestly just being ornery at this point- if she was truthful with herself, she was still a little afraid of her companion now, eyeing him warily. It was easier to channel that into irritation and snark than to admit to the uneasiness.

Magyar

"Adela has too many damn dragons," Bolion retorted, a wry smile painting his face, "Why in the names of all the gods would anyone raise livestock there?"

While the alcohol had given him a migraine, the arid desert winds and deep heat had begun to clear his mind, and he could feel himself tanning. Oh, he loved that feeling.

DragonSong

Della hissed at him halfheartedly and did her best to shade her body with the stupid, gods be damned "turban".

"I'm going to bake like a loaf of bread out here," she grumped. The bluish tinge to her skin seemed to become more prominent the longer she was exposed to the sun.

Magyar

"You'll be fine. With luck you'll turn a nice blue, and without it, you'll turn pink. Either way, I'll enjoy listening to you grumble about it the entire time," He finished his sentence in a playful, but accusing manner. All the girl seemed to do was grumble. Granted, recently she had more reason to, but still. It made sense why she kept to herself.

DragonSong

"Fuck you," Della replied in a tone that was strangely good-natured. "Considering you decided to toss me around like a rag doll last night, I'm allowed to grumble a bit," she added pointedly.

Magyar

"Hey I said I was sorry!" He defended himself, but was earnestly feeling pretty dickish about the whole thing. He turned his head to her and asked, honestly concerned, "How's your jaw doing by the way?"

DragonSong

She waved him off. "It's fine. I mean, you try something like that again and I'll make you wish you'd never been born, but it's fine."

She glanced over at him. "How are those burns?"

Tags: