Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I call to thee, o spirits! (Rina! HAH!)

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2009, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Zoran's disappointment was lost on Dal thankfully. At least the spirit obeyed and went off into the cave. If she had been a geologist, she would no doubt be very interested in how such an island formed with a large cave complex beneath the ocean. She had heard of how eruptions of liquid rock would gradually build after thousands of years, and it could only make her wonder how long it took to form just this simple small island. It wasn't even large enough for a village, and yet, the bugs had somehow taken refuge in it.

One had to wonder.

"Thou art most helpful and kind Senka." Dal gave her a nod and a smile as the woman agreed to help her with her back. Dal had no idea the implications of what might come of this, of Senka's particular disposition, or her desires. To Dal, it was just a friend helping out a friend. There was no shame, no embarrassment, no envy, not even comparison. They were just two friends rubbing lotion on each other. Maybe to Senka or Zoran that particular though passage would seem a tad...unnatural, but for Dal, it was the simplest most natural thing out there.

Though, Dal would admit, deep down in the back of her mind, it did feel good. Like when Senka had ran her fingers through her hair over and over again. But that of course had to all be neutral, it couldn't be good or bad right? Sure it felt good but...there were reasons for that. Dal's mind would not go off into that dark corner at the back of her mind, she would not dare explore those feelings...not here, not now anyway.

"As thy didst to me, I shalt do to thou." Dal told the woman as she got some lotion onto her hands and began to rub it into Senka's back. She even began to hum, as if it were some simple household chore. It at least helped to remove any fears she had about what they were about to do, about where they were going into and what dangers they may face. Once done, Dal rubbed the excess onto any part of her own body she missed, and redressed. Her clothes would be a bit slick from the lotion for a while, but they could always clean them later. "If thou hast any prayer of protection, thou shouldst say it now for the Goddess to hear." Dal said as she looked further into the darkness of the cave. The light from the outside didn't seem to go so far, but there were simple ways around that. Dal had a couple of spells for light, but also for taking on the eyes of the Lich, allowing her to see in darkness.

"Canst thou see in such darkness Senka, or wouldst thou like a spell of mine?"

Anonymous

It felt nice to have someone rub the lotion into her back. She really should pamper herself more often. For all her vanity, little things like skin care often got over looked in Senka's busy life. She found Dal beautiful, but Senka was more then used to most girls not returning her attraction. She just had to stop thinking about Dal that way, but her into the friend category.

"That was nice. My skin feels quite a bit better. I should go to deadly bug infested islands more often." Pulling her clothes back on, Senka made a face at the feeling of her clothes touching the slick lotion. Not the most pleasant feel, but it would fade.

Senka peered into the cave, over the top of Dal's head. She couldn't see her brother, but she could sense where he was, "Oh, I can see just fine in this light, I only need a tiny bit to see. Thank you though." Taking a deep breath, Senka made a circle with her hands, representing the circle of the Goddess, life, death and rebirth and gave her a silent prayer asking for protection on this mission.

Once she was finished, Senka took a deep breath, entering the cave. It was cool inside and the necromancer moved slowly, letting her eyes adjust.

"Dal? Can I join you again?" Zoran's voice was faint, as he had been forced to travel rather far so he couldn't see them anymore. He was a bit of a pervert, but he liked Dal and didn't want her mad at him. So the ghost was behaving.

Anonymous

Dal gave a small chuckle at Senka's comment, shaking her head. "Thou shouldst not need a quest or trial to keep thine skin well moisturized. I hath mine own recipe of lotion that I doth use quite a bit." Though, she had run out of ingredients as of late and really needed to stop by Suna and pick up some more. Most of the good ingredients came from the mainland, and perhaps that was another reason she wished to visit. All the apothecary work that she could do on the island.

It was a little selfish, but she liked having smooth soft skin.

"That art a pleasant thing to hear, If only I hadst thine eyes." Dal needed a spell to see in the dark, but it wasn't particularly bad or anything. It did seem that Senka had a few abilities that others would no doubt kill to have naturally. Perhaps she could find eyes like Senka's and have them...oh...but then she might lose her visions. That would not be good at all.

"Aye, thou mayest return to us Zoran." She called out to the ghost as she started the approach into the cave with Senka. Her hands moved to her face and she touched upon the tattoos. Slowly, the white tattoos began to glow, and then faded. Dal much rather preferred to see like a bat, using a sort of...otherworldly way of seeing. It was like seeing outlines with her mind, using even the faintest bits of sound. This way she would still have her vision, still be able to see any danger, but also able to identify things in the cave's darkness.

"Well...this doth be the beginning...we shalt hope never the end." Dal said, her voice slightly wavering. She was scared, she wouldn't deny it. Hopefully they could find this being quickly. With resolve in her heart though, she led them forward into the cave. It was wet smelling, and there were a few places where a tiny bit of water was dripping in, but it seemed like something that had been going on for years. The walls of the cave complex were rough and natural looking, as if molten rock had at one time rushed through the cave. Hopefully there would be no more to come through for a long...long time. Well after the three of them had left. Well, for Zoran it would be no trouble...but Dal and Senka were a little...flammable when it came to molten rock.

Dal stopped as they came to a bend in the path, holding a hand out to stop her companions. "Around this corner doth be one of the great insects...we must take heed...it will think us one of them, but if we appear aggressive, it...may attack." Dal slowly peered around the corner, and sure enough sticking to the wall was a very...very...VERY large centipede. The creature was absolutely gigantic, and was chewing upon what appeared to be...Dal couldn't be sure, but some form of sea born creature, perhaps a shark or large fish. The thought was a little disturbing...these creatures leaving the caves to gather food from the sea. Whatever it was feeding on was dead however, the large mandibles of the centipede gnashing and chewing ferociously upon its meal. With a small gesture, Dal began to walk, keeping her back against the opposite wall. The creature regarded her once, but was more interested in the meal it had. If they just...kept moving...hopefully it wouldn't think they were after the meal.

Anonymous

Senka kept close to Dal as they moved deeper into the cave, body tense to run or cast if she needed too. Her eyes adjusted to the cave, though with the little light, she couldn't make out colors well, everything was in shades of gray.

The mention of the insect had Senka glancing over at her brother, who had shifted to look back at her. Hopefully they wouldn't attract it's attention any. Between her and her brother, they could easily take the beast, but with the close confines of the cave, it would be hard to make sure they killed it before it hurt anyone.

Senka moved purposefully past the creature, neither looking at it or giving any outward sign of her fear. Act like you belonged and people thought you did. It was still true of the animal kingdom. Once they passed it by, Senka let out a small breath, relaxing a little, her voice a soft whisper, "Well, that was heart pounding. Looks like your lotion is working."

Anonymous

Dal barely breathed as the two living members of the group slowly...ever so slowly inched their way by the great beast. It paid them little heed, occasionally shifting its great body, or the antennae upon its head would twitch. Thankfully Zoran had no smell, as a ghost, he couldn't be seen or felt by the creatures, at least...that was a hope. Some animals and bugs were very sensitive to the dead, cats especially, and there were tales of insects under vampire control...but they seemed mindless, and they paid no attention to the ghost.

"Aye, tis good to know that we art both protected." Dal had been...well she wouldn't admit it out loud, but she had been downright worried it wouldn't work. Usually she used the lotion to stop smaller bugs from noticing her, scarabs and flesh eating beetles that cared not if their meal was alive or dead before they devoured. Luckily, it seemed that these particular bugs were quite close to their miniature cousins.

"We shalt keep moving, our target lay still beneath us." Goddess knew how far they would have to travel. In her vision, it had been quick, but she had been...flying in a way. There had been no concept of time or distance for her in it. As Dal led the intrepid group through the cave network, they could encounter a great many of the beastly sized insects. They however, like the first one, paid them no mind. Though, one had seemed very interested in Senka, perhaps seeming like a suitable...companion, a quick smack of the antennae got their point across. Senka may not have found it humorous but Dal had a rather amused smile on their face. It seemed like hours when Dal finally found a small antechamber that was bug free to take a stop in.

She produced some food for her and Senka, thought it was nothing more than a bit of bread that had very little smell to it, and some jerky. She even left an offering of food out for Zoran, though, she did not dare risk burning it in case the bugs could smell it.

"We mayest have more leagues to go...but...in mine heart I canst feel a strange power. We art closing in upon our quandary. Tis a creature that is dead...but in a state that time dare not touch I canst still feel the being's power...the energy from it..."

Anonymous

"You can stop smiling any time now Zoren." Senka gave her brother a dark look before taking some food from Dal, "It was not that funny you little bastard."

"Are you kidding? It wanted to mate with you!"

"It did not!" Senka was glad it was dark as it helped hide her blush as she continued to give Zoran a death glare, "It was just friendly and regardless...it was not funny!" Just picturing that stupid bug was making her angry. She could still feel it pressing against her and she shuddered.

Turning, she glared at Dal as well, "And don't you start in either." She took a bite of the bread, huffing. Her brother sat next to his food, reaching down and picking it up. Because it was an offering, the ghost was able to actually eat it, biting into the bread, "Are you sure about this Dal? I am still worried that what is down here was sealed for a reason.

Anonymous

The conversation between the two siblings was almost as hilarious as the encounter that they were talking about. Dal had been lucky enough to get by it quickly enough that it didn't think her a target, or that she was uninterested, but Senka must have been moving a slight bit slower or shown some unconscious interest in the large beast. Interest like..fear. She didn't know how insects operated, but for whatever reason, it had tried to enjoy a little bit of time with Senka.

It had also been extremely hilarious.

"I wouldst not dare speak a word in edgewise." Though, her tone was peppered with humour and her smile was quite mirthful. It would be one of those stories that she would be able to tell people perhaps in a tavern or an Inn one day in the future. Hopefully when Senka wasn't around to stop her fast enough.

Dal gave a sigh at Zoren's words, shaking her head as she thought about it. "I doth not believe the creature hadst been sealed for a reason. I doth believe that some misplaced fate sealed him away. When we find ourselves inside the creatures chambers, I shalt communicate with his very soul, and we shalt discover if he art upon the side of Good or Evil." While the two words were very hard to define, it was her definition of good and evil. It would be to see if he would cause Senka and herself any harm. If the creature couldn't trusted, then Dal, Senka, and Zoren would simply leave the creature to be imprisoned. If it could be trusted...then they would release it somehow.

"But, I doth not believe the Goddess wouldst give mine eyes a vision if it were to be for naught." It wouldn't make sense, to come here and leave. It had to be for a very good reason. When the group finished their food, Dal continued on the way, though, the insects down here seemed a little worse for wear. While there were heaps of food, dead bodies, lichens, plants, even fungi, they seemed...so battered. Some had missing antennae or legs, some had broken pincers or in the case of a few large beetles, missing wings. Though, most of them seemed...injured naturally, not be any weapon that an adventurer may have brought. It took no more than a few minutes of getting around some of the slower, docile bugs to reach the turn off she had seen in her dream. At the entrance was crystal upon the ground...lots of it. It covered all of the ground inside the room, and stuck underneath it in the middle was a strange figure.

At first the creature just looked like a robe, a tattered robe with the hood up, but as one looked closer, they would see...certain things about it. Like the top half of the robe was crimson, and had a strange sewing imprint all around it, that looked like diamonds. The bottom was black, and held in place with a large red and black belt around the middle. Large scary gauntlets, ones with curved talons could be seen poking out from under the sleeves of the robe.

The rather disturbing part what the pair of glowing eyes...the left one red, the right one being white. They had a strange glow to them, they seemed to shimmer slightly, dim and brighten, as if...whatever was underneath it was still alive.

"Well...we hath found it."

Anonymous

"That's right you aren't." Senka glowered at Dal, taking another bite of food. Zoran just grinned at the medium. It was always fun to knock his sister off guard. She flustered so well.

"Don't get mad at Dal. It isn't her fault bugs find you sexy." Zoran had to duck as a rock came flying his way. While he was a ghost, his sister could make things solid to him. And he didn't want to get it, though he never stopped grinning at her.

Straightening her top, Senka huffed and latched onto the topic change, "Well, I'm sure the Goddess wouldn't have lead us to evil. So...it will be fine. I'm sure." She wasn't really that confident, a knotted feeling growing in the pit of her stomach.

Senka noticed the battered looking insects as well, but she just assumed they had done it to each other. What else could it have been and after the overly friendly one earlier, she wasn't feeling very friendly toward them.

The sight of the entrance had Senka pausing. The crystal was beautiful, but she couldn't shake that feeling. Making a circle with her fingers, she made an attempt to ward off anything evil. Inside, the sight was worse. Senka gasped, her hand coming up to grab Zoran's. The thing looked...sinister.

"Dal? That's what you saw? I...does it even have a soul you can look into?"

Anonymous

She just smiled at the comments Zoran made. It was quite funny, but she dare wouldn't bring it up as much as he might. She even gave a small giggle as Senka lobbed a rock at her brother's head. Okay, that may have been a little uncalled for, but it was still funny as ever.

"That art mine thoughts as well Senka. T'would not be in her nature to lead us unto evil so." At least, that was the hope. It could be another test of sorts sure, but would the Goddess really test her again and again? It wouldn't be fair, unless she must be tested for some unknown reason. A possibility perhaps, but not one she believed the Goddess would give to her. There would be reason, and the Goddess would tell her. Plain and simple.

"That...that art what I saw...I..." She had to peer at it carefully, but it was hard to tell from so far away. She dare not step onto the crystal, as it was unknown what it could be. But the creature was there, and it was...alive. Perhaps. "Do not take any step upon the crystal, I feel it art a plague, or perhaps a means to seal the creature within." The worse part was there were legs. Everywhere. Insect legs sticking up from the ground. No doubt a few tried to venture within, only to have to pull their own legs out to escape starvation and death. She felt a tad bit of pity, but she had to focus on the creature.

"The creature...it art dead...yet it art alive. As if the spirit doth live within, locked inside..." The spirit and the soul, they could be two different things, or in some eyes, they were the same. She viewed them as...closely the same thing...and what they were looking at was...a being who had its soul trapped within some strange robe. The robe felt...even from here...alive...yet...not. Sentient, but not to a degree of speech or intelligence. Dal got to her knees in front of the crystal, not close enough to have herself get caught in it, or her clothes for that matter. "Unto the Goddess I pray." She spoke out loud before lowering her gaze and speaking quietly. The words were ancient and forever, they were a language that few could probably remember. They weren't of this world...but of the next perhaps.

Slowly, the creature within the crystal stirred. The lights of the eyes grew bright, until...a strange misty humanoid shape stood before them. One half was red, one half was white. "Hey now...this is more like it!" The voice was young, it was cocky and boyish, definitely male. The humanoid looked at its hands and legs before it suddenly noticed it was floating above crystal, and in front of a curvaceous woman, what could be a male elf, and a spirit. "Woah woah woah, what do we got here! Must be my lucky day!" The spirit, or whatever it was, slowly floated closer, until it stopped, a strange crackling sound in the air. There was some small tether between the body and the spirit.

"Oh you gotta be...wait..." Carefully the spirit looked back...at the body, then at the trio. "What's going on?" With Dal finally finished her incantation she looked up at the spirit. "Oh trapped spirit, I, Daltheseena, beseech thee. Tell us thy name, and why thou wert trapped within thine crystalline prison." The spirit scratched his head as he regarded the strange woman speaking oddly. "Uh...yeah...I'm Pal'zerus...and I fell. Kinda. Into a pool of crystal. I thought it was water, I kinda smelled, thought to myself it was a great place to have a bath, so I jumped right in...next thing I know, it's turning into crystal! Then I get stuck...able to look out, not able to move...Bah." He waved his hand in dismissal, as if he didn't really mind it. Like it was a minor inconvianance.

"Dost thou knowest how we mayeth be of service unto thee?" The spirit seemed to be thinking for a moment. "Can you speak the normal trader's tongue maybe? I'm not getting a lot from all these dosts and thous and thees. But I heard the word service and if you want you could service my-" "I apologize for mine speech, tis the one I know. How canst we free thee? How doth that work." Dal actually sounded...curt and rude...her face was a bit darker than normal, as if embarrassed and flustered. Never had a spirit talked to her like this!

"Oh! Help me! Great! Well! Uhh...fire maybe. Or...I don't know...lightning? Oh! Well, it's not REALLY crystal. Like...diamonds...it's sort like a really thick glass, but...it kinda...eats things that try to walk on it...BUT! For the most part solid. So. If you know how to generate a really loud noise...like...ridiculously shrill...I bet it would break. Try grabbing boyo's ears over there, betcha that'll make him scream like a girl." The spirit said as he directed a wave toward Senka. It was probably good the humanoid mist didn't have a face, or it would be grinning like an idiot no doubt.

Anonymous

Off everything Senka had been expecting...this was not it. Her strange eyes blinked, trying to follow what exactly was happening. Both Dal and the spirit had an odd way of talking and she had never seen anything like the creature before.

She exchanged a glance with Zoran, who shrugged. He couldn't feel anything evil about the man, but he wasn't sure he liked him. And he really didn't like how he was talking to Dal. His eyes narrowed and he gave the spirit a dark look, "Watch how you speak to her or we'll leave you here to rot."

Senka had started to examine the crystal, from a safe distance when she heard the spirit mention grabbing "boyo's ears" and saw him gesture to her. Her cheeks darkened with an embarrassed anger and her hands curled into fists, resisting the urge to blast him apart with her entropy magic, "Boyo! You rude little-" She made a low growl in her throat, glaring at the man, "I am not a boy!"

She was with Zoran on this one! He could stay her forever for all she cared!

Anonymous

"I don't rot, I'll stay preserved and smelling of lilacs till the end of time." The spirit told the other spirits matter of factly. It was true too, he didn't rot, and the glass would keep him here forever and ever. Perfectly preserved. He'd be bored as hell of course, but he wouldn't be rotten! No not him!

The other one didn't seem altogether pleased by what he had said. If he had a face, he'd frown just a little. Just a little though. He could have made any number of jokes of course about Senka, from being a man instead of a boy, or a teen who'd yet to get hit by puberty. However, there was always...a second sort of option wasn't there? Charm the other lass as well! Though, neither of them seemed very charmed, it wasn't as if he didn't have his ways.

"Oh, I apologize. I'm not used to my women being so delicate and fragile looking." The spirit bowed low. "My most humble apologies my dear. I am Pal'zerus De Netari, but you can call me Pal." He straightened up and looked back to his body. "I've just been stuck down here forever, with no one but the bugs around, unable to talk to anyone. Forgot how ta be civilized." He told her with a rather obvious wink. "So do forgive me." Dal just shook her head and sighed. "Tis understandable spirit...but I hath bad news...we doth not have the ability to create sounds to crack glass...But...this glass, doth it be alive?" The spirit shrugged in response. "It kinda is. It reacts to living things, like one of those plants...and it's been feeding off me since I got stuck in here, taking my energy...that's why I can't move." The spirit sighed and shook his head. "It's just my luck...people always said I was bad luck, but it's not supposed to affect me." He whined slightly as he floated back over to his body.

"If it art living...perhaps Senka, thou couldst use thine entropy to weaken it and flee, creating for the trapped one a path out. All thou wouldst need to do is direct thine power from here to its corpse." Dal suggested as she looked to her friend with a hopeful smile. It could work...then the creature would be free. It was obviously still quite alive, and if they could weaken the glass, then perhaps he would be able to run from the glass creation.

Anonymous

Senka could think of a few names she would rather call Pal. His awkward attempt at charm did little to sooth her annoyance, if just kept her from grabbing Dal and dragging her off to leave the bastard down here. Crossing her arms under her small breasts, Senka continued to glare at him with her odd eyes.

Her death glare was only broken when Dal asked her question. Looking down at the crystal, Senka smiled slightly, "Oh, I don't need it to be alive to work my magic on it. Everything corrodes, all returns to dust, the living and the non living alike." She kneeled down and stretched her hand out over the crystal, careful to avoid touching it, tendrils of her power sliding over the stuff, testing it.

It would take some power, as the life span on this crystal was long, but nothing she couldn't do. Pulling out a piece of chalk from her pocket, Senka cleared a spot on the cave floor in front of the crystal and started to draw a sigil. She didn't need the symbols for her magic, but they made it easier and she had the time.

Zoran moved close behind her, reaching out to rest on hand on her shoulder. Her magic always worked better when they touched. The power in the sigil grew and began to spread out over the crystal. Where is touched, the substance began to wear away, shrinking down as it turned to harmless dirt and sand. It was slow moving, though Senka was forcing thousands of years of wear and decay into only a few minutes.

Once the path reached Pal, Senka was sweating a little. It wasn't difficult work, but it took a lot to decay so much rock, with it's long lifespan. Now the case around Pal. She felt her brother slid some of his own energy into her and she gave him a grateful look. Letting out a deep breath, Senka started on the crystal case that had grown around Pal.

"We are almost finished." Zoran fed his twin a little more energy. He could feel her straining to keep at the crystal. It was alive, in some strange way, but it was so hard and long lived, it might as well have been rock. But she would be finished soon and hopefully Pal could find his own way out of the cave.

It was slow, hard work, but the crystal retreated, grains of sand falling to pool at the creatures feet as it disintegrated. Finally the last of the sticky substance was gone and Senka sagged back into Zoran's arms, feeling drained, "Whoo. That should be it. Goddess but I hate working with rocks."

Anonymous

At least she didn't want to run off and leave him!

That was two on his side it seemed. The busty one didn't want to leave, though she seemed to find him crude. Still! She didn't want to leave him here, that was the best news he had heard in years! The very best news! Now...the spirit thing might be a problem, but hopefully they'd be able to get a long nicely. Hopefully. Still, both were death glaring. He wondered why the spirit was, it wasn't like he had directly offended him after all. Or had he?

"There are a few things I know that probably wouldn't be affected...but that's not a discussion for now. We can worry about that when I am free!" Yes, keep the ladies happy, they could help him. Maybe the spirit could too but...he was honestly more concerned about the two living people that seemed to have some powers. Like...the busty one called his spirit, which wasn't actually dead or anything...well...it kinda was but wasn't...still, she had called him forth from his body. That took talent. And this one could help him escape! Freedom for all! Freedom for Pal!

Both Dal and Pal'zerus watched carefully as the twins set to work. It seemed like a whole lot of work, but they appeared to be doing a little bit about it! Hah! Pal began to dance around as he waited, this was working out really well! It was working out awesomely well! They were...they were far enough away! HAH! THAT'S WHY IT WASN'T DOING ANYTHING! He understood now, he totally forgot that it had a radius! They were outside the radius, and so, they weren't screwing up, or being eaten by bugs or the crystal. Ahem.

And she even managed to avoid making his...body disappear!

"Back to thine body now, gentle Pal, thou art freed. This could never hath been achieved without thee Senka, I, and I assume Pal'zerus, thank thee." Dal looked from Senka to Pal'zerus, before the spirit began to fade and disappear. Then...suddenly...the form at the middle of the dust...stirred. "Gahah!" Quickly he jumped forward, it almost seemed like under the strange robe there was a form, as one could see feet moving and kicking as it ran. Of course, there was no reason for him to run, as the crystal wasn't growing back. Still, it was really better to be safe than sorry. Once away from the crystal, he suddenly grabbed Dal in a big hug.

"ah hah hah! I'm free!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" He cried as he danced around, hugging Dal. The medium looked incredibly surprised and just...awkwardly moved around as Pal hugged her and danced. "T'was really the doing of Senka and Zoran...I was but a vessel to lead them here." The strange creature turned to look at Senka and Zoran, his white and red eyes upon them. "Well! I thank you! Both of you! I'm free! I'm free! Gods almighty, I'm free at last!" He almost seemed like he was crying as he approached them and bowed. "Pal'zerus De Netari, the Cursed Wraith, at your service. Whatever the three of you want, I will do my best to do! I am eternally in your debt...and for a creature that can't die, that's a long time!"

Anonymous

That took a lot out of her. She missed working with fleshy things. They decayed so much easier. But at least Dal was happy. The spirit was rather annoying. Her brother helped her to her feet as Dal sent the spirit back into its....body thing. It was a little creepy.

When Pal suddenly started running across the crystal, Senka startled a little and both twin's expression went from surprise to annoyance at the sight of Pal swinging Dal around. That was their Dal he had his hands all over.

"Well, I'm glad we could help." Senka gave him a nod with her head. What the Goddess wanted with such a creature free was beyond her. At lease Dal was happy. Rubbing her arms, Senka glanced back at the opening they had entered from, "Let's get out of this cave." She did not want to end up sleeping down here.

Anonymous

He couldn't help but notice a little bit of...hostility from Senka and Zoran. He couldn't understand why of course, but he had to assume they either just didn't like him, or perhaps they didn't like him touching the medium. That would be weird really...unless...no, they didn't seem like that kind of people. There was no reason for them to...he didn't even know. Nor did he care. He was free. He was freeeeeee! Oh it would never get tiring to say that, or think that either.

"Out?" Pal perked up instantly at that thought. "I can help with that!" He clapped his metal gauntlets together and a strange thick fog began to seep from between the gauntlets. It sunk low to the ground, forming a circle. Pal reached inside of it suddenly, his entire arm disappearing into it before it reappeared with a large wicked looking broadsword. Dal gave a slight start as he pulled the weapon free, blinking several times at it. "That...art a very large weapon." She noted, slightly nervous. It wasn't...planning anything was it? The blade was incredibly thick, and looked like it was meant for a creature twice as large as Pal, but the creature held it easily with both hands. "I can get us out of here lickity-split! Mmm...splits...ahem! Sorry." He stepped forward for a moment before he stopped, looking down at the fog around his feet.

"Why walk out, when we can just fog out! I have been asleep for too long without my powers." He turned to look at the three, sliding the sword back into the fog, which disappeared into it like the floor wasn't there. "Thou art...quite a magical being, aye?" Dal finally had to ask as she looked at the fog and where the sword had been. "Of course, but this is all basic Netari abilities. Though, took me longer to learn most of them. Still, works out great for me." Pal shrugged his shoulders as he gestured for them to come step into the fog. "Netari? Mine ears doth find that weird foreign, upon mine tongue it is alien." Dal said as she didn't step forward yet. "Oh, Netari...it's the clan I'm in. I'm actually a Wraith, but see, there is a specific...clan where I come from, called Netari. That's why you might recognize the word Wraith, but we're special." He told her with a shrug. While she knew what a wraith was, this was actually quite different from a normal wraith.

"Though...I don't think my powers will work on uh...the spirit...Zoran was it? Yeah, don't think it'll take him, BUT he's a ghost, he can just float on up can't he?"

Anonymous

The fog caused Senka to step back a little, a little surprised by it. When the sword appeared, she gave Dal a nervous look. What had they let loose onto the world? At least he didn't seem to be aggressive. Yet anyway.

He was a Wraith? Senka only knew a little about the creatures, though she had never heard of the clans or all this smoke magic. Her eyes widened, "W-wait...smoke out? You want us to go through all that?" She shook her head, "Oh no. No thank you. Besides, I don't go anywhere without Zoran."

The spirit came up behind her, hand on her shoulder, "We can just walk back." There was too much risk that Senka might end up somewhere else and the twins wouldn't separate. Ever.

Anonymous

Dal could sense the spirit very well, his intentions to a degree...and she saw no malice from the being. Her second sight would have warned her of anything dangerous,a nd yet she saw nothing at this time. It was comforting to know that if danger presented itself to her, she would be able to see it.  

"What? No it's fog out. Not smoke. Smoke is nasty...smells terrible...fog is pure." He crossed his arms over his chest as he addressed the two of them. It was faster this way! It could take them right outside! They obviously didn't trust him...and that was too bad! He was a creature of good intentions...but most roads were paved with good intentions after all. Pal sighed and once more pulled the large sword from out of the fog. "Then we will...walk...to the top." The way he had said walk, it was like...the word was poison almost. Granted, he could float if he wanted...or he could walk in some manner.

"Since thou art the one who art armed, and thou seemst to knoweth this area...thou shalt lead." Dal said as she looked to the wraith, who nodded and hefted the weapon. "Just call me Berallius." The wraith said with a chuckle, but when Dal just gave him a blank look he blinked. "Oh...Berallius is a renowned cave explorer in my world...that...you wouldn't know him. Um, okay this way!" With that, the Wraith quickly began to walk. One could swear he might even have been blushing. Dal just shook her head, shrugged her shoulders and started walking. "He art a strange one...but thee hath nothing to fear of him...at least...I doth not believe so..." Dal whispered quietly to Zoran and Senka as she fell into step with them.

Anonymous

Senka lifted an eyebrow at Pal's grumblings, her lips almost curling at the corners. He still made her a little nervous and she was still pissed at being called a boy, but there was something amusing about Pal, "Relax. The walk wont kill you."

Zoran gave his sister a look, "Senka. That was a terrible joke. Don't do that." He grinned when his sister flushed and stuck her tongue out at him. Pal's comment on Berallius received matching confused looks from the twins before they exchanged a look with each other.

Pal was definitely weird.

Glancing down at the shorter woman, Senka studied her, "Can you see that? That must be handy. Well, what the Goddess commands, I shall follow. And she seemed to want him free."

Her brother just grumbled to himself. He still didn't like Pal much. He was far to touchy and flirty with Dal.

Anonymous

"You don't know that! I knew a guy who once went for a walk...an hour later, ambushed by a bear and killed. A bear! We have to deal with giant centipedes and beetles. I might not be able to die easily...but what if they take an arm or something." Pal shuddered, the blade in his gauntlet covered hand made a tinging noise as the two metallic objects shook against each other from the shudder. He was definitely an amusing creature to say the least, Dal even was smiling at the antics of the amusing creature.

"Aye...he doth not pose harm to us...but I wouldst still be on guard, there art something strange about him..." She couldn't put her finger on it though, but there was something just...about him. It was like he wasn't saying everything about himself, but...it couldn't have been bad could it? Her vision would have showed her it, the Goddess would have saved her.

Dal suddenly stopped however, her body rigid, and a strangled noise escaped from her mouth. It was loud enough for Pal to stop and turn around to look, quite confused. Something seemed quite odd about the woman. "Zoran! Pal! Turn thine eyes away from me!" The Wraith quickly turned around, rather confused by the woman's strange words and mannerisms. When Zoran and the Wraith were no longer looking at her, Dal reached out and grabbed Senka by the arm and pulled her toward her to whisper to the woman. "I...I must hath not tied mine...mine...band properly....it...it hath come undone." She whispered quietly tot he other woman. Dal's face was quite a bit darker as she whispered to the woman, gesturing to her chest, which seemed to have been...unconstrained. "I needst thou to...stand thinself in front of me and block them from looking whilst I retie." It was heavily embarrassing at this point...but she blamed it on the lotion, it must have gotten onto her band and just...cause the knot to come undone.

"Is everything okay back there?" Pal asked as he started to turn his head. "If thou looks Pal, I shalt ensure that thou will find thineself in the afterlife so quickly! It goes for thee as well Zoran...thou keep thine eyes from gazing back toward us!"

Anonymous

Senka snorted, "I have no fear of...bears or of these beasts." She only sort of knew what a bear was, she had never actually seen one; only heard about them and she was sure her magic could tak car of it.

Zoran grinned, "The centipedes are far more likely to mate with you then eat you."

Senka gave him a glare and started to tell him where he could shove his comments when Dal went still. Zoran immediately turned away, thoroughly confused at the strange request. But he did as he was told. It was hard to not look though.

Almost as confused as her brother, Senka gave Dal a quizzical look and then it all sunk in, "Oh. Of course." She moved to stand between Dal and the....boys? Pal counted as male she supposed. Her own pale cheeks were a bit flushed from the view of impressive breasts that she had gotten to see, "Dal? Why don't you turn around and uh...I can get it for you?"