Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Phenomenon [M]

Started by Anonymous, March 26, 2011, 03:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The quiet dusk of the evening fell swiftly onto Sirantil Valley, as purple and blue hues painted the nighttime sky. Cicadas croaked in the distance, and grasshoppers fiddled their limbs idly, their aria filling the peaceful  valley with ease. Besides the chirping of melodious bugs, the valley was mostly quiet, the fauna of the area turning in for the day, to dens, caves and trees, ending what had been a long day of survival.

One man still prowled the forests of this valley, a dagger made of bone held in his mouth as he prowled through the slumbering forest. He ran with his body low to the ground, his limbs propelling him forward to increase his speed, while his burnt orange eyes stared straight ahead of him, focusing on his destination, and at the forest all around him. People who saw this form – his shadowy figure racing through valleys and forests – had given him the name 'Daggerhound' because of it, and one could say that it was a title he wore with pride.

This was the mode he took to hunt – for, in order to slay an animal, one had to be an animal. He had learned that well, through years of living in this forest, of wrestling with bears and taking down wolves in order to have his next meal. His body was lean and toned because of it – the reward nature had given him for being able to survive its intricate depths. His greyed skin seemed to be a mode of adaptation; to survive, he had taken on this greyish shade of skin, to blend in with the shadows, which helped him hunt with ease.

In these woods, however, there was an intruder – one that gave off a unique scent that Dalek had never smelled before. Perhaps it was a lost soul, from another land? Or maybe it was a monster, bent on wreaking havoc on these woods. It was his duty as the Daggerhound to investigate the source, and, if it proved to be a monster, it would be his duty to slay it as well. Such was why his dagger, crafted of bone, was held in his mouth today – he was unsure of what he'd be up against.

He was coming closer now...

The target was just up ahead – he could feel it, or rather, he could smell it – that unique scent, something strange, and something bizarre... His eyesight, however, not being good at his sense of smell, could only make out a figure of who was up ahead. It seemed to be a snake-like being – it was tall, imposing, unusual, and he had never seen anything like it native to these woods. The Daggerhound did not stop to think that perhaps such a creature could be friendly, and perhaps, if he had taken note of her facial features, he would've controlled himself.

But he was more animal than man –

So he charged, prancing off his legs and pouncing at the snake-like creature, but before he could launch himself at the creature, he took note of her size, and realized such a method would definitely be out of the question. He skidded to a stop, and looked up at the intruder the way a dog looks at a stranger in his master's home.

However, at the sight of the creature's face, he realized he had almost made an embarrassing mistake. Strange this person was, yes, but it did not look to be a monster. His face went from feral to a blank, almost apologetic expression. He crouched, tucking the dagger in the side of his pants as he did so, wondering how in the hell he should apologize.

"You're..." he started off, and, as always, struggled with his words. "You're not a monster, are you."

It was not a question – just an affirmation of his own stupidity.

Scythe-Nova

As Sajira were slithering through the lush green grass of the valley she thougt for herself that it had become very quiet around her almost to quiet. The next thing she knows a creature no a person skidded out of from between the trees supprising her quite a bit making her Hood flare up.

-What the?

Then the person talked, Monster? how could he even dare think of her like that. Her expression changed to a little more annoyed and looked at the person.

-Monster? I'm no monster! i'll have you know i'm a Pureblood Naga!

she hissed at the person a bit angry but she was not that angry just not very keen on being called a monster. She raised herself a bit from the ground and looked down at the person. "what is with this person? He looks like a beast" she thougt and then lowered herself again and seemed more interested in the person now.

-Who are you to accuse me of being something that foul?

Her brow were raised in curiosity and her hood folded back into place again.

(( Sorry for any Grammar faults :3 ... if there are any XD ))

Anonymous

Anyone would be miffed at being called a monster – even someone like Dalek, who had a twisted sort of pride in his nickname, the Daggerhound. Granted, this had not been the first time he had made a mistake like this, but it was the first time he had seen a creature of her size. He took a step backwards, still crouched, as a way of showing repentance and respect – like wolves did whenever they accidentally attacked a pack member.

Dalek stood upwards, on both legs now, and when he did so, it was easier to see that he was a human, not part beast, like many assumed him to be. "My apologies," he began, lowering his head. "I have never seen a naga before – I let my imagination get the best of me." It was a legitimate question though – who was he to accuse her of being a monster? After all, he was not the most elegant of creatures who prowled the depths of these forests.

"Who am I?" he echoed, as if the question was too much for him to comprehend. After a pause, he responded, "I am Dalek, the Daggerhound – call me Dalek for convenience." If people didn't already know of his nickname, then there was no use going by it, he figured.

"And you..." He twirled Bonehide, his trusty dagger, around in his hands as he spoke, tilting his head towards her, legitimately curious. The Daggerhound never seen someone part human and part snake before, and was legimately curious about her – but, as usual, kept his tone aloof and cool. "...You're not from around here, are you." It was, again, not a curious – but an affirmation – he knew these woods like the back of his hand, and had never seen a naga in all his years here. It was a conundrum, indeed.

"These forests aren't kind to strangers."

[ OOC | Don't worry about it, your grammar's totally fine! ]

Scythe-Nova

The Daggerhound? was that some kind of title? Sajira raised her brow a bit more and looked at Dalek's features with a curious glance. When he asked her of her name she smiled a bit and raised herself a bit.

-I am Sajira Asonaka Warrior and Princess of Cabal Houkae the kingdom of Naga.

She said in a loud voice brimming with pride for her title. She then smiled a bit and lowered herself again and looked at Dalek with a Friendly expression.

-Though out here that title wont mean much.. So out here i am only Sajira the Pilgrim Warrior.

She Said looking at Dalek and smiled a friendly smile. Her tail curled up beneath her and she lightly crossed her arms beneath her chest.

Anonymous

So, Dalek had managed to not only upset a perfectly friendly naga, but the naga happened to also be royalty. He had been twirling Bonehide in his hands as she spoke, but when the news finally hit, he caught the dagger firmly, frozen for a brief second. Was there a price to pay, he wondered, for upsetting royalty? He lived a simple life here in these woods – he had never, in all his years, come across someone who was a princess of anything, nevertheless a tribe of naga. He tucked away the dagger once more, deciding it would be rude to have it out in front of royalty.

"Princess?" he echoed, and his eyes went wide. "Forgive me, I had no idea."

He wondered if there was proper etiquette for being around royalty; should he bow, stand a certain distance away from her, address her by her royal title? He was not skilled in the art of fine manners, hell, the manners he did have were few, considering he learned all of his etiquette from wild animals in the area. But then she claimed that her title did not mean much now, and now she was naught but a simple pilgrim. That was good – and besides, proper 'manners' did not mean much out here anyway, amongst the valleys and forests of this place.

"So you're a pilgrim... are you doing some travelling?" he asked, tilting his head. "I'm guessing you aren't familiar with these parts, then. This time of night isn't the best for wandering."

It was evening now, and soon the grasshoppers would stop fiddling their legs, and the fireflies and starry skies would be the only light illuminating the forest. It was best to do these things now, in the cover of the sun's last flickering rays, before the lights shut out completely. Dalek crossed his arms behind his head, curious. If she had just started travelling, well, as he had said, the forest wasn't kind to strangers - maybe she'd need some help along the way.

"Have you set up camp anywhere? Or found a fresh supply of water?"

Scythe-Nova

-Yes i am not very familliar with these parts of the world.

She looked around a bit and scratched herself lightly on her cheek and looked back at Dalek when he asked if she had set camp or gotten hold of some water.

-No i have passed some streams but thats about it.

She answered and shifted her body a bit and lowered herself so that she was eye to eye with Dalek and smiled somewhat curiously at him.

-You do not look like any human i've seen before...

She said with a rather neutral tone and tilted her head to the side and eyed the knife he had tucked into his pants.

Anonymous

Apparently, the naga had not set up camp yet, despite how late it was in the evening. Already, the cicadas had begun to retire, but those faithful grasshoppers kept fiddling, their lazy melody wafting through the air. It was getting later by the minute – to be without any place to retire at this time of the evening definitely wasn't the best of situations to be in.

"You do not look like any human I've seen before..."  

She's rather blunt, he couldn't help but notice, but a small smile played on his lips nonetheless. What gave it away: he gray pigmentation of his skin, or the dark black tattoos that ran down his back? Or maybe it was his mannerisms – his running stance, his guarded speech – that not of a human, not a normal human, anyway.

"You'd be right to say that," he voiced.  "I'm not altogether human myself." It was the truth, in more ways than he could express. There was a reason why he was called the 'Daggerhound,' and that was because he acted more animal than man. He loved these forests more than he loved his fellow man, and protect them like a loyal guard dog would protect its master.  

"Then again, you don't look like anything I've ever seen before," he pointed out, with the same neutral tone, but a pinch of curiosity was peppered in his words. She apparently was a princess – one of a naga tribe, which was probably far away from these parts. It would explain a lot – and now Dalek wondered if he could say, 'now I've seen everything.' She was a tall creature, huge in stature, and he had to be thankful that she was a friend, not a foe.

He crossed his arms, nodding over towards the depths of the forest. "If you're without a camp, you can stay with me, if you want. There should be enough food for the two of us – and it's a warm place to sleep for the night, if anything." Despite his animalistic nature, Dalek was not cold-hearted – on the contrary, it was in his best nature to help those who were wandering through these valleys without rhyme or reason.

"Although," he began with a small, playful smirk, "my camp probably isn't fit for royalty."

Scythe-Nova

She chukled a bit from his response and looked at him with a quite amused expression.

-Well i guess Nagas do not come to these parts very often.

She said and tilted  her head to the other side and smiled with a friendly smile. She smiled all the more when Dalek suggested she could spend the night at his camp but she quickly frowned when he mentioned her royalty and looked at him with a slightly annoyed smile.

-Just because i'm a princess does not mean that i am spoiled.

She looked at Dalek with an annoyed expression but quickly smiled friendly at him and chukled a bit.

-No but i'd love to spend the night at your camp.

She said and winked a bit flirty at Dalek before chuckling some more and slithered a bit closer to Dalek and smiled widely at him.

Anonymous

It was a conundrum to Dalek – a princess, who was not spoiled, and was travelling these worlds, nonetheless! He did not read literature very often, and if he read at all, it'd be from poem booklets, and those books – they illustrated princesses to be dainty, delicate creatures, forever in need of a knight to save them. Sajira, on the other hand, did not seem to mind sleeping in the outdoors, in less than royal conditions. Then again, anyone who had been wandering this valley for too long might be eager to take the first bed offered up to them – it had happened before, after all.

"Good to hear," Dalek nodded at her claim to being unspoiled. "Conditions aren't great out here... but hey, it's a living." It surprised him a little, to hear that she wouldn't mind spending the night at his campsite. Females out here were wary to share a living space with someone as wild as himself – who ran shirtless in these woods, with naught but the pants he wore on himself to keep him clothed. Sajira, however, did not seem to mind.

She winked at him then, in a coquettish fashion, and Dalek, who never knew how to react towards these sorts of things, turned his face away from her, face flushed. "It isn't too far away," the Daggerhound assured, leading her towards his campsite.

He was not used to anyone of the opposite sex trying to flirt with him, considering the hermit life he led here in the forest. Was she interested in him, or just toying with him? Females were forever a mystery to the Daggerhound, and he had never really learned how to figure them out.

Dalek did, however, return her smile, glad for some friendly company. Despite being a princess, she seemed humble and hardy, definitely not what he would've expected from someone of a royal family.

Instead of heading into the valley, where there were less trees and bushes, Dalek unflinchingly turned into the heart of the forest, not fazed by the chirps of strange birds and howls of animals who were chasing off intruders from their own nests. These noises signified that he was reaching closer to home – where the wild things prowled. Besides, Dalek knew from experience that it was safer to camp admist the trees than to leave yourself open in a valley or meadow.

"What does your kind eat, anyway?" he asked bluntly, unsure of any other way to word the question. He was extremely curious about her, and besides – if she was staying for the night, it'd be a good idea to know what to feed here. "There are fruits, veggies and berries back at the camp, but if naga are meat-eaters, I can hunt something for you really quick."

Scythe-Nova

"Oh he's just a treat"

She thougth somewhat amused and followed him through the forest with a somewhat happy smile and Fiddled a bit with her bracelets while slithering after Dalek. She giggled a bit when he returned her smile and slithered up besides him and looked down on him. When he asked about what nagas eat and chuckled a bit when he suggested Fruits and Veggies.

-We eat mostly meat and fruits, We dont have that many vegetables where i come from... at least not any that tastes good.

She said with a calm tone and scratched her cheek slightly and then looked down on him with a smile and a slight blush on her face.

((would it not be just awesome if she went into Heat? XD))

Anonymous

The Daggerhound couldn't shake the feeling that this naga was acting strangely around him – but he couldn't place his finger on just why, or even how, it was just something he felt. Still, he gave this situation the benefit of the doubt – maybe all naga were prone to blush around humans, Dalek wouldn't know.

It wasn't of much importance to Dalek anyway, considering how Sajira seemed to be a little easier for him to talk to than most other folks that wandered in this valley. She wasn't loud or obnoxious and didn't seem to find him unbearable, which was all he could ask of his company, really. He couldn't help but wonder just what she was doing in this valley anyway, but he knew it was not his place to ask.

Sajira, who swiftly slithered up to him, informed the Daggerhound that naga did not eat vegetables – mainly because they had no good ones back where she came from. The fact surprised him a little – but then he realized, if the naga were anything like normal snakes, it would make sense.

"I'll have to hunt something for you, then," he mused, and as he said it, he stood still, listening to the forest.

It had been a while since he had hunted something in these forests; it was not something Dalek did often, since he felt it was his duty to protect this valley, not hunt it down. Still, a bit of meat every now and then didn't hurt anyone, and he wouldn't do it for months afterward, to compensate.  

He looked toward her again – and found that she was blushing slightly, but decided to ignore it, unsure of how to act. What he was sure of, however, was his excellent skill as a hunter. "Do you hear that?" he asked, unsure of how good a naga's hearing was – but his own hearing ability, he knew for a fact, was excellent. The grasses rustled, slowly, softly, and a new scent wafted through the area, that of a small pack of wolves stalking the area. From the scent, there were only three or four of them – which was a cakewalk to Dalek, the Daggerhound.

Dalek lowered his voice to a soft whisper, so as to not disturb his prey. "You said you were a warrior princess, right?" He smirked a little, gesturing over towards the direction of the wolves. Normally, he would tell his guests to stay back, let him do the work, and make sure to stay out of trouble – but this one, she seemed more competent than most.

"Prove it."

The Daggerhound crouched, taking a stance that was more animal than man, and, nearly on all fours, leapt into the trees where the wolves were hiding. Unhooking Bonehide, the dagger, from the hem of his pants, he slashed the blade at one of the wolves, killing it quickly and humanely, watching it go down with ease The remaining two wolves growled in anguish at the death of their comrade, and sprang at the party, ready to attack.

[ OOC | Haha, I'm not sure how Dalek would react to that! It'd be interesting...
Also, feel free to have Sajira kill/maim any of the wolves – Dalek will take care of the rest in his next post. ]

Scythe-Nova

-That sounds nice.

She replied when Dalek said he was going to hunt for her and looked at him with an affectionate smile. She stopped slithering forward and looked around in the forest when Dalek asked if she heard anything, Her hood flared up again so that she could hear better and when he asked about her being an warrior princess she smiled somewhat confident.

-Oh doubting me are we?

She said and then looked at the wolfs direction and then back to Dalek who had gone down on all four and then leapt to the trees, She followed Dalek on the ground and slithered swiftly up to the two remaining wolves and punced them both gripping them on their neck and pinning them to the ground. She looked around herself to make sure there were no more wolves and then looked back to the wolves she held and started to tightened her grip on them making the wolves cry out for just a second before a loud bone snapping sound silenced them. She let the wolves go revealing that the colour of her hands had turned into a pitch black colour, She looked at Dalek grinning widely and winked once again at him.

-How's that for proof?

She said and chuckled a bit and relaxed her hands turning them back into the milk white colour they were, her hood also folding back at the same time.

Anonymous

When Dalek had said he was going to hunt for her – he had meant to do all, if not most of the work. Granted, before he could even return to his offensive position, Sajira had already managed to kill the last wolf, swiftly and efficiently, as if she possessed the touch of death. The Daggerhound's orange eyes widened slightly as he watched her hands turn from white to black, to white again, and reminded himself again – he didn't know what he was dealing with here.

She was almost wraithlike in her kill, but most importantly – she had been humane. The Daggerhound was not fond of killing wolves – they were like brethren to him, in these woods that he called his home – but when he did, he always tried to kill them in small numbers, quickly and humanely, so they would not feel too much pain before death. Breaking their necks – or slitting their throats – was the least painful way to do things.

He took up the wolf he had slain in his hands, and pressed the dead wolf's forehead to his own, as he always did before a kill, whispering a word of thanks. The wolf had given his life so that his own could continue – and for that, these beasts had to be respected. With a heave, he tossed one of the wolves on his shoulder, and carried the other beast in his hands, glad that the small group they had found was light enough to take back to camp.

"Its proof enough," Dalek admitted, shaking his head. "Have you ever eaten wolf before?" He adjusted the dead wolf on his shoulder slightly, so the beast would not slide off. "If not, you're lucky – they'll be a feast of it tonight."

She was still acting strangely, Dalek found – what was with that winking? Females in these woods did not wink at him, they were usually noisy and obnoxious and constantly asked him when they'd get to eat real food, or when they would finally get to go home. He wondered if he preferred their infernal racket to her strange behavior – and thought against it. At least Sajira could hold her own, he mused, and he did not need to worry as strongly for her safety as he did for his other guests.

They were almost near camp now – he could see it now, not too far off from where they were now. The grasshoppers were silent now, and the sky was a darker purple than normal, as stars shyly began to reveal themselves in the night sky. "We're almost there," he said with relief, glad to almost be home, back to the comfort of his camp.

He turned towards her, nodded in his serious way, "I should thank you – for killing the wolves humanely, that is." They were like his brothers – and to see them hurt did not please him, but he knew it was necessary. "Too many 'hunters' in these woods take pleasure in slaughtering the beasts of this valley. But you – I think you might understand – what it means to live in harmony with these creatures." He wasn't normally one for sentimentalities, but when it came to the wolves – to the creatures of these forests – Dalek could help but feel for them.

Scythe-Nova

-Wolf? huh so thats what they are called... I thought they were some kind of gray lions.

She said and picked up the wolves by the neck again and laid them onto the back of her tail and looked back at Dalek. When he mentioned a feast she smiled even more excited and the tip of her tail started wagging enthusiastically, Following Dalek she smelled the wolf he was carrying but got Dalek's smell instead and shivered getting a little to much pheromones stimulating her senses a tad bit too much.

"He smells good.."

She thougt a bit clouded and she did not even notice that they were closing in on Dalek's camp. She snapped out of her "trance" when Dalek turned around and talked to her.

-Ah... well our people lives very close to nature... Then theres that all warriors and hunters learn that "If your strike will not kill, Do not strike"

She spoke a little distant but it did not seem she meant to do so, she had heavy blush on her face the whole time but tried to tone it down with willpower alone, it worked to some extent but not enough to hide the blush.

((Heat, it's a bitch XD))

Anonymous

She was still blushing, and it unnerved Dalek a little, but he wasn't sure how to ask about it. He was pretty sure that maybe it was a naga thing – after all, no one else's face had turned so red when they were around him. Maybe she was ill? If she was, what would he do? Well, there were some wild herbs around here that would probably cure her... He made a note to ask her about it later, but for now...

"We're here."

Finally, the duo had made it to Dalek's camp. He set the wolves gently down near the charred remains of an old campfire, one that had been put out long ago. Next to the campfire were a bundle of sticks, twigs, and bulkier tinder like small logs, which could help him get another fire going, if needed. A ways away from the campfire was a bed, made from logs and soft handfuls of grass – the bed he slept on every night.

He made a note to tell Sajira later that she could have the bed – he was used to sleeping on the floor anyhow. A river could be seen not too far away from the camp, in which one could bathe, or drink from. A small bucket of water sat by the campfire, and banana leaves sat folded near said bucket, which could be used to scoop up water to drink from.

In the trees nearby, he had stored spices, herbs, wild berries, fruits, and mushrooms that would flavor the meat he had caught – and Dalek found himself smiling a little, glad he had restocked his food supply earlier that day. All he'd have to do was get the rotissre ready, prepare the meat, and dinner would be ready in no time.

"Make yourself at home," Dalek urged, sitting cross-legged near the campfire, reaching for his dagger. It would take some time to remove the fur from the wolves and have them ready to be cooked rotisserie style, but it would be worth the wait, in his opinion. Unhooking Bonehide from his pants, he used the dagger to point towards the stream that was not too far off. "There's a stream nearby, if you're thirsty or want to refresh yourself. Be careful – wolves frequent it often. They won't bother you if you don't bother them, though."

Dalek frowned a little at the thought – he had to remember to check up on the pack, later. These wolves did not seem to be esteemed members of their family though – they would've put up more of a fight, if they had been, and wouldn't have been travelling without more members of the group. Swiftly, he used Bonehide to peel the fur from the flesh, making sure to keep the fur in good condition, since they did sell moderately well over in towns and such.

Remembering how strange Sajira had looked before, Dalek looked up at her, and asked, "Are you alright? Your face has been red the whole trip here." Now that they were finally at camp, Dalek couldn't help but ask. If she was ill, if she told him now, he could go out and look for a cure – he may not look it, but he was a decent medic, if he needed to be. Hopefully he hadn't offended her by asking – he was too good at accidentally striking a nerve.

Scythe-Nova

Sajira snapped out of the "trance" once again when they entered Dalek's camp and he announced it. She looked around in the camp and smiled a bit.

-It looks very comfy.

She said and looked at the burned out campfire a bit before shifting her gaze to where Dalek had placed the Wolf. She slithered to the corpse and laid down the two wolfs she was carrying and then smiled at Dalek now without the blush.

-Thanks... A stream? Hmmm well i have not Bathed for a while.. I think i'll go take a bath.

She said and slithered towards the river and dropped her large spear next to the wolves the spear making a loud heavy sound when it hit the ground. She stopped when Dalek asked her why she had been blushing earlier, She turned looking at him and blushed again.

-Ah was i blushing?

She placed her hands on her cheeks tryin to cover her blush and her tail curled up beneath her twisting somewhat embarrased. She then shaked her head briskly and looked at Dalek with a very determined expression and a heavy blush.

-I feel very attracted to you!

She blurted out and then slithered very quickly towards the stream and on her way there she let down her bag onto the ground next to her spear.

Anonymous

The Daggerhound had to laugh a little, at her sentiments about his camp. Comfy? Well, he had always though so – but for people who were just passing through the valley that had managed to get themselves lost, well, they always thought of it as anything but comfy. It had never been anything he worried about too much – all of the people who he had helped through the valley had said their goodbyes, never to be seen again.

He thought, albeit idly to himself, that Sajira herself was good company. She wasn't obnoxious or rude, and seemed to respect nature at least as much as he did – which was a relief to Dalek, who couldn't stand when nature was desecrated. Perhaps it had to do with her not being human; maybe the Daggerhound just could never get along with humans after all...

With Bonehide still in his hand, Dalek continued skinning the wolf, peeling off the fur gently, so that he could sell their pelt at the market later. Eventually, one had finally been skinned properly, leaving naught but the meaty corpse in front of him. It was a bloody mess, but Dalek was used to the gory mess than came with preparing meat for dinner. He began removing the organs and entrails – along with the other bits that weren't appetizing. To anyone passing by, Dalek might've looked like a butcher, but he managed to do his work with a serious look etched on his face.

At her comment about going to rise off in the stream, Dalek nodded sagely, setting up the primitive rotisserie over the burnt out campfire. He'd need to start a new one, but it was easier to just set the rotisserie up first... "Take your time," he advised, fitting the wolf's body, now free of organs and other icky bits, onto the rotisserie stick. He cranked the handle a few times, making sure that the old thing still worked. "Dinner might not be ready in a while anyway."

Finally, she remembered his question – about her face being red. It was still something Dalek could not understand, but when he asked her about it, she covered her face with her hands, as if to hide the reddening of her face. He furrowed his brows, puzzled – was her sickness something she wanted to cover up? It turned out though, that she had been blushing after all, for she looked at him with a determination he had never seen before, and blurted out, I feel very attracted to you! before slithering away, to the nearby stream.

The Daggerhound sat there for a moment, puzzled, wanting to say something, but was unsure just what to say, and she was already gone.

"Sajira!" he called after her, wanting to remind her about the wolves, but she was already gone. He sighed, wondering if he should go after her at not. If she was going to bathe by the stream, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to interrupt her – he might see things that not ought to be seen... On the other hand, she'd be back, wouldn't she?

Shaking his head, he picked up his flint and a bit of steel, pushing logs and twigs into the pit, ready to start his fire. What did she mean, attracted to him? They had just met each other two minutes ago – how could she be attracted to him? Was it a naga thing? Couldn't nagas only be attracted to their own kind? It was a conundrum and he didn't really know how to approach it – but she was gone now anyway, off at the stream.

How could anyone be attracted to him anyway?

Scythe-Nova

Sajira quickly got to the stream not turning or stopping when Dalek shouted after her. Once she was at the stream she cursed at herself for blurting out something like that.

-Dumb dumb dumb Sajira you do not just blurt out something like that!

She began to undress placing her clothes right besides the stream and took of al her gold jewelry on top of her clothes she was now completly nude save one piece of jewlry, it was the choker her father gave her when she left her homeland, she would never take it off.

-...It's going to be awkward when i get back...

She said to herself and slowly slithered down into the water of the stream. She quietly rinsed her body with her hands enjoying the feel of the water against her skin and scales.

-Mmmmm the water is nice...

She said and splashed some water on her face and hood. She bathed in the stream for quite some time about half an hour before getting out of the water.

she looked towards Dalek's camp and sighed heavily and then reached for her clothes to find that they no longer were there. She looked around for her clothes but they were nowhere to be seen, only her jewelry were still there on the ground somewhat scattered on the ground.

-Ah damnit..

She sighed even more heavily and picked up her bracelets and rings before slithering back to Dalek's camp with her arms in front of her breasts covering them.

((By the way do you have MSN or something?))

Anonymous

The fire had finally started, and he had rubbed the wolf down with herbs and spices – dinner seemed to be going just as planned. He smiled a little at his success – but was still a little worried about Sajira, and how to deal with her sudden outburst of emotions. It was a strange affair, no one had ever randomly burst something out like that to him – but maybe it had to do with the fact that she was a naga. Maybe emotions worked differently for them.

From the holes in the trees, he pulled out wooden plates, two of them – and placed the banana leaves near the bucket of water, so they could scoop up water to drink from them with their meal – that is, if Sajira returned. She was a warrior princess, after all, and Dalek suspected that she'd be fine if she were travelling on her own anyway, but the idea of someone getting lost in this valley wasn't one that appealed to Dalek at all.

He liked to think of this valley as his, something that he inherited from all the blood lost and the animals he had bonded with in this good earth. To know that someone was lost and alone here – it was one that churned his stomach, and that was what had made him begin to guide people out of this forest and back to their homes.

That was another question he hadn't asked Sajira – where was she travelling to, and why? The where was logically the best question to ask, but Dalek couldn't help but be more curious as to why she was travelling. She was a princess, wasn't she? So why wasn't she back with her people? Then again, Dalek, of all people, could understand what it was like – to want to be away from everything and everyone that you had once called home.

The grass rustled softly – and Dalek recognized that as the sound that Sajira made when she slid through the long grass. He looked up toward her – only to find that she was, apparently, shirtless. Realizing he could be mistaken for a pervert if he stared at her, he fiercely turned his gaze towards the roaring fire, and the wolf that roasted above it.

"Sajira," he started, not looking towards her, since that would be the epitome of rude, "what... happened to your clothes?" Actually, he probably knew what happened – he had tried to warn her that wolves frequented that stream, and instead of attack her, they just stole her clothes. Great. Marvelous. Fantastic. But that was fine – Dalek was skilled in the ways of these woods – he could just make her a shirt from dogbane and milkweed, if he had to.

"Do you need me to make you a new one?" A shirt, that was, to cover her top, so dinner wouldn't be awkward.

Scythe-Nova

-They... were gone when i was done bathing...

She said and looked at Dalek somewhat embarassed, she held her arms in fron of her breasts and slithered closer to Dalek. she took a deep sniff to smell the wolf that was roating on the fire and then looked at Dalek when he offered to make her a new shirt.

-If it's not too much of a bother.

She said and coiled her tail beneath herself and laid down belly first onto her own tail. She was now next to Dalek looking into the fire and smiling calmly.

-it's very serene here...

She said and tilted her head sideways and looked at Dalek with  a calm expression. She blushed slightly and looked dreamingly at him before slithering of her coils and getting very close to Dalek from behind and then hugged him softly and leaning on him a bit.

-I've been lonely for a long time since i left my homeland... It feels real good to have someone to talk to.

She blushed heavily and hugged Dalek a bit tighter and pressed her body against him.

-Thank you...