Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yet another forest thread [haze/open]

Started by Anonymous, December 28, 2011, 03:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"No no, that's not what I mean." Noting the discontent in his response, Faye backed away slightly. Boy, was he difficult to deal with. He was definitely intimidating enough to be a soldier. Chuckling a bit nervously at the man's answer, the girl rushed her head to come up with an appropriate response.

"I mean, you don't really seem to be wearing the army uniform... and I'm not sure soldiers go sneaking around the woods, attacking defenseless women..." Was that really the right thing to say? Probably not, but it was done. At this point Faye simply shrugged and expected the worst. Still remaining a few paces behind the man.

Haze

Alak gave a guttural "hmmmph" as she continued talking. "I don't attack defenseless women women," he snapped. "I thought you were someone I knew. A Mordecai captain by the name of Keely. You look just like her from the back."

His lips drew into a thin line as he looked up, noticing dark clouds beginning to roll in over the trees. Frowning, he looked to the footprints on the ground. "He'll stop soon. He never travels in the rain. We will continue. The sooner we get to him, the better."

Anonymous

"From the back eh? Do you get a lot of girls from behind?" This time she clearly chuckled as she teased the man. Faye already had it in the back of her mind to not attempt to push her luck with this guy, but she couldn't help herself.

Under the foliage, the gal hadn't actually noticed the clouds rolling in. It wasn't until her partner pointed them out that she decided to turn up to the sky and look for herself. It was as he had said, clouds where quickly darkening the sky and rain was imminent. Without a word she let out a deep sigh and began removing the skirt part of her suit as they walked.

Haze

"F-f-from behind!?" Alak spluttered, turning to her incredulously. "You have got some mouth on you, little girl! I am not going to even answer that!" His face was turning a splotchy red under the stubble, and as he glared at her, his brows, already low over his eyes, pulled even tighter. He found her comment particularly disturbing, especially since in all his life, he'd never actually been with a woman, as hard as that may have been to believe. He had no time for frivolities of any kind, had no need for it. It wasn't something he was ashamed of, but her easy crudeness stunned him.

Still grumbling under his breath, mostly swearing and muttering about how stupid he was, and how annoying she was, he turned back to continue the trek, even as drizzle started to bead in his hair like dew in a spiders web. Only once did he cast his eye back, to see that she'd removed the skirt. His eyes only narrowed, before his head whipped back around to face the front.

"What do you know about this forest?" He asked grumpily, not really wanting to start a conversation, but also needing to know what she knew, and whether or not he had actually made a huge mistake in bringing her along, her incredible strength and skill with a sword notwithstanding.

Anonymous

((ooc - apologies for slow replies. xo))

Despite the man's nasty glare, the gal noticed his skin's sudden change of shade in reaction to her comment. A sly smile formed on her face only to be quickly followed by a deep sigh in response to the man's words. The smile quickly turning into a playful glare of her own.

"You pervert." The words were plain and simple and she wasn't going to go into detail about them. His reaction however, was an obvious sign of what had crossed his mind as the gal spoke. Of course it didn't appear he was going to admit it as he pushed forward without a word. She had to admit though, after always taking clear paths, trying to keep up with the guy traveling through the foliage was proving to be a challenge.

"I'm afraid I don't know as much as we'd like." Faye chuckled nervously as she began her response. "Most of the time I'm not actually around and when I am everything I need is nearby the house or I can get in the village. But I do know that aside from this river there is another stream further down, with a bunch of wild berry bushes in the area." With the explanation, she pointed in the direction where she though the second stream was. "Some of those berries are poisonous though."

Haze

"P-p-p-ugh!" Alak spluttered. His face was a right dark mess now. His brows were knitted together, and his lips moved in some indeterminable babble about the stupidity of women, and how this was why he never travelled with anyone. Trying to regain composure, he reminded himself that he was the one who had invited her to come along, lapse in judgement though it may have been. This girl seemed to have a knack for reducing him to spluttering idiotic mess.

To her information he simply gave a nod. "Yes, I know." They continued on at a gruelling pace to where the forest broke through to the stream. The rain had been a short shower, and the forest was already started to get humid and sticky. Alak finally slowed down. "We'll stop for a moment," he instructed gruffly, setting down his pack, and heading to the stream. Kneeling down beside it, he cupped his hands, scooping water and quickly lifting it to his mouth before the liquid could escape through his fingers.

Getting his fill of drink, he turned a sceptical gaze to Faye. "Why're you so strong, anyway? It's not natural, you know."