Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Training and Wondering (open)

Started by alex_xr, December 03, 2012, 06:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Kald strung up the fox figuring he could skin it when he got back. Making it back to his cache took a while, as he took his time, and finally made it there.   He grabbed his strung up furs, and unstrong his bow, tieing the furs to his pack, and placing his bow in a sheathe. Kald finally made it back to Orenda, holding out the fox, it was a bit tough meat but would do. 

Kald laughed as he saw the stew and took a big whiff of the scent in.  " Smells good! "  He held up the fox and quckly skinned the thing.  He handed the fox, to Orenda, "Here, I am not sure if you want it in the stew or separate."  He smiled, as he put the fox hide with the others on his pack.  He knew he had arrived a bit late. But thus was hunting.

Ycharley

Orenda cut up the fox before throwing it into the pot to cook. She began to add herbs and stir the pot with a wooden spoon.
"Thanks," She replied afterwards, rinsing off her hands. She walked into her hut and returned with a well made blanket, it was clear Orenda was a master at weaving.
"Don't let the fact that it's light fool you, it is super warm, though not waterproof," She said offering up the blanket. The blanket was surprisingly soft, and was dyed a dark green.
She seemed nervous, she really wanted him to like it, she honestly didn't know why she was as nervous as she was, she figured she was just felt like she was expecting judgement. Her mother was always overly critical of her work, and no matter how perfect her work was, her mother always had something negative to say about it.

alex_xr

Kald looked over the blanket admiring its fine craft. He noted its  weave work, from what he could tell, it was the best he had ever seen.  He felt its softness, and then put it and his pack to the side. " Its amazing, your a great weaver! though I can't believe its not waterproof! " Kald  said not being able to contain his laugh as he said the false comment.  " It is great, I will treasure it always. " He dug around his pack and found a carved hummingbird, he had made at some point and handed it to her. " Here, something I made once. I hope you like it. I carve every once in a while to take up the time.  It was clearly made out of a wood, from his homeland, not from a normal forest.  But one tended by elves.  It seemed to have an almost alive quality yet it was just wood carved in immense detail.

Ycharley

Orenda smiled, taking the carved hummingbird n both her hands and holding it close to her heart.
"It's beautiful," She replied in a whisper, clearly loving the simple gift. She turned and walked into her hut, placing the intricate ordainment into a wooden box beside her bed. She returned soon after returning to the pot and stirred it in silence, a small smile still lingered in her face as she looked down at the stew.
"Its almost done, I have some bread, would you like some?" She asked softly, a slight pink hue on her cheeks.

alex_xr

Kald was glad she liked it, as it wasn't often that he gave out his carvings.  He laughed as she left and sat near by, watching her cook. " Sure I will have some. " He smiled at her  and sat contently. It wasn't often he found himself in such a situation. And he had to admit, he was groing fond of the young woman in front of him. She wasn't like most he ran into and it was refreshing. That was when he grabbed something from his pack,  with a frown noting it was battered from his journey. " I got this blue flower for you.... but it seems like it is a little worse for the wear. "  he held the flower that looked like a rose, but was blue.  " I thought you might like it" 

Ycharley

Another smile graced Orenda's face, as she took it in hand. It was true it was a little worse for wear, but still she found it beautiful, it was so rare that she got gifts, or even talked to people so she cherished it.
She walked back into her hut to place the flower somewhere safe. She returned with a loaf of bread she had made a few days before.
"Its raisin bread, I hope that's okay," She replied, placing the bread on a plate made of leaves. She also had two bowls and spoons with her. She handed Kald a spoon and a bowl, "Here."

alex_xr

Kald took the bowl with a smile and dipped it into the pot, getting some stew. It smelled heavenly. It had been ages since he had had anything this prepared. Usually just sticking with whatever was  around. He blew on it and waited a bit for it to cool.   He then took a bite and it was great. " Your a great cook! "

Kald ate some more before grabbing a bit of bread and dipping it into the stew and taking a bite. IT was so good, He couldn't believe it.  She knew how to cook better than him. He knew it wasn't quite like what he had back home but it had been so long since he had a decent meal it might as well be the best food in the world.

Ycharley

Orenda moved to sit beside Kald, putting the basket of berries and fruit between them. She looked down, blushing at his complement. She wasn't use to being complemented.
"Thank you," She spoke softly as she dipped herself a bowl and started to eat. She had only heard of elven food, and it's incredibleness.

Orenda tore off a piece of bread and dipped it into the stew, smiling when she took a bite. That was one of her few talents, though she was sure Kald had had better.
"So what brought you to Connloath? Why leave your family? If you don't mind me asking."

alex_xr

Kald thought about it for a while. " Well I came to Connloath for no particular reason.. It just happens to be where I have found my self for the time. No one has bothered me. I figure  I will move on when I do. I left my family to better my self with my sword. I was told by my master that if I wanted to get better, then I needed to find a better master or tough foes.  So here I am. Though I have learned alot in my wondering, such as to appreciate new friends and the simple pleasures.  I also find the world interesting and more fun then a bunch of elves.  As much as I miss home, the rest of the world always amazes me. "  He grabbed some fruit and ate some more. " What about you? why did you leave your family?" 

Ycharley

Orenda hesitated, stopping herself, she had almost spoke the truth, of running away because of her ability. She looked down, "my parents died a few years ago, so my siblings and I just separated, and went our separate ways," She spoke softly, her voice sincerely full of sadness. To her, her parents were dead to her, she could never return home unless she wanted to be killed. She took a deep breath, then sighed. "How can you have friends and family to protect if your always moving around?"

alex_xr

He frowned at her story.  It was sad,  " Well, I don't have any friends or family to protect really. All i have ever really known is my master.  I was sent to train at an young age. The didn't want anything to do with me for some reason. Most likely because even the simplest of magic seems past my grasp.  So  While trying to become the strongest, I am trying to find friends and family.  and here I am, just wondering. " He ate some more and looked at her with a smile. " So why are you all alone, surely you would rather live in a town or something. "

Ycharley

"I-It's just better for me out here, and its much more peaceful anyway," She said looking at the fire. She contemplated telling him, but she was afraid of his reaction, she had been lying to him the whole time. She decided that she would tell him after they returned from town.
"Well, if your always moving you can't make friends, or find a wife and all of that," Orenda replied blushing looking down. She was the one to talk, she moved around, and stayed nearly completely secluded.

alex_xr

He didn't believe her, not many  her age stayed out of the way like that, but perhaps she was truly different. "As I said, I don't plan to be always moving, I just haven't found a place I want to stay yet. " He laughed, a wife huh... He hadn't ever put much thought into that.  Kald smiled as he place his bowl down.  " Lets go then, I have a feeling we should leave soon, other wise we will be stuck traveling late. " He picked up the basket and the bread and set them in her house.  noting how homey it was.  Kald then  went back out hoping she had started tearing down the cook site.

Ycharley

Orenda had all but completely desimboled the small little cook site, backing the heavy lot I side her hut, taking her her hands to keep a good grip so not to drop it. While inside the house she carefully and neat packed her blankets and rugs to be sold, the. A small bed roll just in case they didn't make it. She slipped a small daggor in a hidden pocket made into her dress then walked outside. She looked up, unless they were running half the time, it would be dark before they made it, she had made enough trips to know that. Orenda wondered when he was going to leave and were he would be going, though they had only met twice, she would miss him. Where she lacked going out and socializing, the people she ended up socializing with she quickly formed bonds to.

((Last post for tonight, good night, and thanks for being an awesome RP partner :) )

alex_xr

Kald smiled and began to walk, His pace rather quick, not quite a jog but not a walk either. He carried all his stuff with ease, not even noting the extra weight of the  furs.  He stayed silent for most of the walk so far, keeping his pace an only slowing for Orenda. He loved the thought of going to a town, It had been so long since he had been at one, he hoped it was at least somewhat decent size as to have some unique wares.  He knew it would probably be dark before they got there but wasn't that concerned.

Ycharley

Orenda was carrying a rather large load. With many blankets, a small portion of bread, a small bottle of ale, and a bed roll just in case. She showed surprising strength, with her small lean form most would assume she wouldn't be able to walk, let alone walk a days journey. She couldn't power walk like Kald, though she tried to keep up the best she could. Only about half way through the journey did she start to slow down to a moderate walk, the blankets and rugs seeming to grow heavier with each step.
"I propose a break, and its getting dark, and when it gets dark, it gets cold rather quickly as I assume you have observed in your stays here," She said with a smile.

alex_xr

Kald laughed " Of course, I shall get some wood. "   He walked around for a bit gathering any sticks or such he found. Going back and forth a couple times, he had enough for the night he thought. He smiled as he realized he had started singing an elvish work song. The words flowing out as he walked back with his last load.   Kald stopped as he tried to get the fire started, He also didn't want to bother Orenda with his song.  He smiled up at her as he caught her eye for a moment, then going back to the fire.  He wanted to make sure she was warm for the night.

Kald was relieved as flames began to spread among the tinder. " So, tomorrow do you want help with your load?" 

Ycharley

She was enjoying his song as she set out her bedroll even though she didn't understand the words. It brought a slight smile to her face anyway. Once he had the fire lit she set close, place her hands even close rubbing them together.

Orenda blushed at his question, she was use to carrying the load and wasn't use to even having the option of someone to help her. "Um, no thank you, You have your own stuff to carry, I will manage, once you have moved on I will have to still carry it, so mines well not get use to the luxury," She spoke softly, here eyes staring into the fire.

She was getting an odd gut feeling, like the ominous feeling that something bed was about to happen. She turned her eyes to the forest, figuring that's where what ever this bad thing was, was going to come from there.

alex_xr

Kald shrugged, " suit yourself then. " he  had tried, that was the least he could do. He would grab his containers out of his bag soon and offer some food he thought.   Or he could try to hunt again. It was a nice night out .

Kald, looked around listening to the sounds of the encroaching night when he heard something. He froze listening intently. He didn't like the sound of it. He stood there quietly his hand ready to pull his sword out as something approached.

Ycharley

Orenda hoped Kald was more focused on the sound as she closed her eyes. A look of concentration crossed her face as she tried to focus her powers. She had to know what was coming, what was going to happen. Then she felt something touch her face, at first she couldn't tell if it was her powers foretelling what was going to happen or is it were real. She felt a hand run down from her cheek to her throat and squeeze slightly. It was definitely real.

"We're just going to borrow your little friend here," A deep voice breaking the silence. The man was clearly a rogue, and wasn't alone, there was at least one other in the woods, watching. At first a panicked look crossed her face as she felt the man yank her up to her feet and stand with his body pressing against hers. He held a knife to her, "Now don't try to be a hero my friend, or if you would like we could share," a dark laugh followed. Orenda grabbed the mans bare arm gently, and pleased when she felt the warm tingly sensation. Her eyes started to glimmer as she started to use her power.

"Now, take that knife and bring it to your own throat, as well as let me go, if you or your friends don't make themselves seen your going to slowly start to cut, if you make one move to hurt me your going to kill your self," She spoke, her voice sounding slightly different.

Orenda stepped away, the man seemed in panic as his hand raised the knife to his own throat.
"Your a witch a magic user," the man whispered in fear, as he tried to struggle again her magic.

Slowly two men walked out of the woods, pure fear on there faces. Orenda looked at Kald, she had fear on her face as well, but it was fear of what he would think or do now that he had witnessed her ability.