Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Training and Wondering (open)

Started by alex_xr, December 03, 2012, 06:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_xr

Kald was confused, What was this she was able to do? He watched the man pull knife to his own throat, and the men do as she stood.  Kald pulled out his sword, and charged the nearest man. IT was best these men didn't live. They knew her secret now and were a risk.  Kald caught the first one off guard and pulls his sword out of the man. The second one was ready. Kald held his sword out as he plotted his approach. He wondered what the other two were up to.  But having seen Orenda's display of power, He had faith she could handle him. He was glad he had let them think he wasn't on to their approach, He didn't think that last foe would of went down so easily had he not have.   Kald held his sword with two hands looking at the next man. Wondering if he was any good with the sword he held dispite his fear.

Ycharley

Orenda walked to the man, fear in his eyes as he watched Kald kill his men.
"You will not die, look at me," She spoke. She grabbed the mans strong arms and looked him in the eyes. He soon appeared to be in a deep trance, swaying slightly on his feet, dropping the knife that was in his hand.
"Listen, and listen close, you will go and wonder off, then hit yourself in the head with a rock, not hard enough to kill yourself, but hard enough to knock you out. When you woke up you are no longer Connloathian, you are from seredipity. Your name is Kieth and you are a merchant who was robbed. You are gay, and are actively searching for love. You came to Connloath for something, but you can not remember what, so you will return to seredipity, start your life over and never return back to Connloath again," She spoke, when she let go of him he started to wonder into the woods, seeming rather lost.

alex_xr

Kald had killed the other man, as fear had crippled him. Kald then was afraid him self a bit as he saw the power that Orenda had. He had never seen anything like it. He didn't know what to think. So he laughed, at Orenda and the absurd nature of the mans new life.   " Wow... " He didn't know what else to say " So that is why you live alone, I wouldn't want connloath to know about my gifts either if I were you. " He was glad he was her friend and never wanted to be her enemy.  He was a bit freaked out, the power she had over that man was scary, but he also noticed she only did it to protect her self. He could respect that.  " It takes a strong person to resist the urge to use that gift. You could have anything you wanted. "  Kald also hoped he wasn't the project of her magic but figured if he was then there wasn't much he could do anyways. He also thought he had too many memories for it to be any different.  "  Remind me not to get on your bad side" He laughed  and then proceeded to loot the weapons and gold of the two men he killed. and moved them next to each other.  " What should we do with the bodies?"

Ycharley

Orenda walked back to the fire, it was clear her use of power had taken its tole.
"Drag there bodies into the woods, scavengers will have them mostly consumed before morning," She spoke, exhausted laced into her voice. She waited patiently until Kald had returned from desposing of the bodies before speaking.

"I usually do better on life stories, but I don't like feeling like a piece of meat, so I made him gay," Orenda said with a shrug. Se sighed, her back hunched over as she leaned towards the fire, "and if your wondering, which I know you are, no, I haven't tampered with your memories or swayed any of your decisions," She spoke, with a hint of relief in her voice, since it seemed he was okay with her abilities.

"I could have anything I want, but its too draining to keep it up, sway or influencing is less work, and my abilities don't always kick in, I don't have complete control over all of them. The stronger the power the less control I have over it," She tried to explain. She pulled her bread and ale from her pack, offering Kald some as well.

alex_xr

Kald declined the offer and pulled his own food. " I am good, and it is relieving to hear, of course  I think I trust you enough to know you haven't . Still it is a great power and you seem to have not let it go to your head. I am impressed.  Complain about its cost all you want. " He smiled,  Dispite the weirdness of her gift it seemed that she was an average girl, who just wanted to live in peace, much like him, he thought. He ate a little, and then folded his legs, and seemed to go off into meditation, but he was in reverie. A trance like state where he was aware of his surroundings but was resting.  His thoughts turned to the day, and its fun.  Kald was glad he had met this young woman.

Ycharley

Orenda had grown tired, dark circles forming under her eyes from the stress her powers caused her. She felt like she had been hit by a horse at full gallop. She laid on her bed roll, closing her eyes. It had been a nice day, and she found it nice that she found a new friend who wouldn't judge her because she was born with a gift. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep. Her breathing deepening and slowing. She looked at peace, with a small smile left on her lips.

alex_xr

Kald only need 4 hours to her 6, and thus woke up first. He smiled as he observed her sleep, so peaceful. He stayed still as to not stir her.  Once he was sure she was still fast asleep, he began preparing breakfast using the bread and the fruit and leaf plates, He had come up with something unique, if he had some other componets it would be better, but using a combination of some smashed berries and such and whole ones, It looked much like a dessert. A layer of bread hidden underneath the sweet taste of berries.   He set hers near her, and continued to go through the bandits stuff, A few gold piecies and 2 cheap daggers, hardly anything worth much. No wonder they were so easy to dispatch.   He went back to watching her sleep and munching on his creation.

Ycharley

Orenda woke up before too long, slowly blinking her eyes open. She looked around, when she spotted Kald she smiled softly. She set up slowly, stretching. A bigger smile crossing her face as she saw the food he made. She picked it up, inspecting it slightly before taking a bite.
"Mmm, that's actually pretty good," Orenda said with a soft smile. She slowly finished the bread with the berries on it. She then started to roll up her bed roll, knowing they should get moving before too long.

alex_xr

Kald, smiled and finished packing, his bed roll, and had put out the fire. He smiled and grabbed his string of furs and before Orenda could some of her blankets. " Lets go then " He said, and if she looked hard enough for his face behind the blankets she would see a large smirk. He won this round of help her anyways.   He laughed as he began leaving her, wondering if she would follow or if he would need to stop for her.

Ycharley

Orenda threw her stuff together and caught up with him. For a while she was silent, almost contemplative.
"Let me carry my blankets, you know I'm going to win this, either by simply taking them away, or there is always the alternative," She said only partly joking, poking him in the side. She looked up at him as they walked one hand on her hip and one eye brow raised. She was prepared to wrestle him if she had too.

alex_xr

Kald laughed and began to run, He was in better shape he might win this... depending how far away they are.  Or he might exhaust himself. He laughed some more and put his legs into it, and once he was decently away returned to a jog. He  had a large smile on his face as he tried to keep the blankets in his arms, as he did so.  He hoped he would win.

Ycharley

Orenda dropped her pack and ran after him. It was made clear then why she had a slight, long slender build. She was made for running and speed, not strength like most Connloathians. She quickly, and surprisingly caught up with him, tackling him. They hit the ground hard, it nearly knocked the wind out of her, of course she wasn't use to falling.

Orenda looked down at Kald, her hands on his chest, pushing her upper body a few inches above his. She smiled, "Don't make me have to put you under my spell, I would hate to have to make you gay!" She replied laughing.

alex_xr

Kald laughed looking up at her, it wasn't often he was tackled. " You win... " He laughed and pushed her off of him. " I would hate that too." He shook his head, She had won...    " Well then, lets get going.. and why are your blankets all over the ground? " He said with a smile, turrning around and walking slowly ahead, knowing she had to pick up eveything. since she didn't want his help he wouldn't give it he thought. Kald was still laughing lightly as he kept going slowly.

Ycharley

Orenda was still laughing, a bright smile across her face, it had been a long time sense she had been that happy. She walked to her stuff, picking everything up and quickly packing it away before standing.

"WAIT UP," She yelled playfully. She jogged the best she could with all the weight she was carrying.  Slowly catching up to Kald. That's when the thought hit her, she couldn't let herself get too attached, he would move on to continue to better himself as a swordsman.

alex_xr

Kald, was having more fun than he had had in a long time, He thought about his goal, and decided if nothing else he would put it off to spend some more time here. He saw no reason to leave when he had a friend, and was having a good time.    " So Orenda,  do you get much for your blankets? " He wondered,  as it might not be very profitable to sell blankets but with their quality he hoped it was. He only did the fur thing on the side. He mainly helped people take care of problems and did odd jobs. He had saved up a pretty penny. Kald smiled as Orenda caught up and smiled. " Its fun being around people again.

Ycharley

Orenda nodded slightly, the smile had faded from her face. 'I get enough for them, they sell good for the merchants so they pay me well enough to keep making them," She answered slowly as she continued to look forward, not even glancing over at him. She nodded in agreement about it being fun, but she had learned that it only made it worse when they decided to leave. She sighed deeply, she even considered erasing his memory of her and sending him on his way so it wouldn't be any worse, so she wouldn't get anymore attached. Sometimes she wished she could erase memories of her own.

alex_xr

Kald, wondered why she seemed to change her demnor.  " So what if I  built a shack near yours? I could store some stuff there so even if I wonder a bit, I have a reason to come back and visit my friend. " He had been thinking it since all of her questions, and the last day.   Kald  smiled at Orenda wondering what she thought of the idea.  He would have to buy several tools but it would be fun and give him something new to do.  He hadn't even approached the subject before.  Now he was actually thinking about it and it sort of scared him. He didn't normally entertain such ideas let alone propose them to other people.

Ycharley

Orenda blushed softly, "I like the idea," She admitted softly, looking down. She didn't know if he was trying to get her spirits up or if he was speaking the truth, she prayed it was the second. They were drawing near the town, the smell of burning wood start to fill the air as they started to pass homes. "okay, time to make some money," She said with a smile. She knew she would make good money, she always did, even with out any swaying.

alex_xr

Kald's face lit up as he saw the town seem to spring up around them. He would wait to see how Orenda approached the venders her. He wanted to know what sort of relation she had with them. It would be intriguing.   Kald  was glad she liked the idea,  It was the key to it happening. So he would set up a suprise for her he thought. A way to make her life a bit more cheery.  He would also have to get a wagon, as there was no way he was carrying all he planned on getting.

Ycharley

Orenda walked up to a merchant, it was clear they knew each other and both smiled softly at each other. The merchant was an older man who appeared to be in his late forties to early fifties. They talked for a moment before she pulled her blankets out. It seemed no one had any suspicions about her abilities as she sold half of her blankets to the man.

She then walked to a different merchant, this one being a younger female, she appeared to be part elf. Orenda seemed to have a bit of small talk with her, both girls laughing before she sold the rest of her blankets.