Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady and the Beast (M)

Started by visualspice, January 08, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At his touch, she flinched and snapped, "Do I look alright?" There was a crack in her facade, and internal breaking of the frustration and fear she endured while in that place. She shook her head. "I'll be much better when this place is well enough behind us."
But now it was like an itch underneath her skin, and she couldn't help but roll over all of the ideas for what she could do to get to the bottom of this. The place was doing very illegal things, not to mention they were just plain torture! And who knew what would have happened had the vampire not shown up when he did.

"Next time we want to go on a vacation, we should travel a lot farther than here."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I don't think it was my idea to stop here," Urich murmured.  "But let's not try to blame each other, we've got a long way to go back to the cabin."

Cierith did not seem eager to follow them and instead have a click of her tongue.  "I'll find my own way.  Thanks for breaking me out."  She gave Urich a wink and took Adelram by the arm.  "You're coming with me."

Urich looked to Victoria."Let's go."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Me?" Adelram was taken back when she said that, and stumbled a little as she tugged him along. Victoria didn't bother to check on the departing two, simply gave a wave and a mumbled goodbye their way as she moved hurriedly along Urich's side.

"I didn't mean to phrase it in regards to blame, I was simply stating how it was all unidealistic." She sighed and paused a moment to get a good look at Urich.
"What about you?" she asked, looking him over. "Did those barbarians do anything to you I should know about? You know, to give me more reason to want to have them all castrated and their pieces tossed into the Fell," she went on, rather vehemently.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Other than making me watch you undergo that experience, no, none that I can think of right away," he said with a sigh.  "Although I am really hungry,"

He looked off between the misty trees, still feeling the strain of that place.  He didn't want to think about it and forced it from his mind.

"I just want to go home now...  I just don't know where home is anymore," he said, feeling the weight of the sky on his shoulders.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Victoria clung onto his arm and leaned into him.
"I feel the same," she went on with a sigh. "I suppose I was thinking of heading back to my Aunt Millicent's. Despite how I feel she stifles me, she is the only family I have and I do feel a bit homesick." Her stomach growled uneasily.
"Not to mention sick and hungry, too."

It was then she placed a hand on her belly and recalled what had been proposed to her.
Pregnant... was she really with Urich's child? Perhaps she'd just wait to see. She felt too miserable to want to add another rock on her shoulder for her to carry.

Lion

Going back to Aunt Millicent, frankly, was the last thing Urich really wanted to do.  She was not his favorite person in the world, and he would do very well with never having seen her again for the rest of his life.  It didn't help that it seemed she was Victoria's only living relative.  And likely wouldn't be able to do without her for the rest of her life.

However, he supposed he'd had enough of Southern Connlaoth for a time.  And he supposed he could live without having ever visited the Riverlands.  There was always a chance to be buried there.

"Why does it seem everywhere we go, we can't ever catch a break?" Urich said with a sigh.  "Why must trouble follow us like the fucking plague?  Tell me, Victoria, are we cursed?  Is it just me?  Is it you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I'd blame you but I can't help but feel I'm the magnet for bad luck here," she muttered.

Lion

He chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Figures you'd blame me, even if you didn't really blame me.  Look, let's just get back to the cabin, that's a long walk back from wherever we are.  I remember we got trashed alongside the road,  maybe the remains will still be there.  Then we can walk back."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh.. right, but do you think our things would even be worth saving? We've been locked away for what feels like an eternity," she went on with a sigh. "Even if there were things to salvage, whose to say someone hadn't picked it clean? Highway men aren't known to let go easy pickings."

Lion

"Victoria stop talking for now," Urich sighed with a little irritation.  He looked around, focusing on their surroundings.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She went quiet. She was upset- but she knew too well her complaining wasn't helping things either. Instead, she moved with more of a purpose now, trying to see if anything looked at all familiar.

Lion

Their walk took them into hours of deep silence. But Urich wasn't completely unsympathetic toward Victoria. They lost everything now and there was no telling now how long they'd been locked up in containment.

He surreptitiously reached his hand out to take hers, body tired and feet aching as he looked across the distance, seeing the dismantled cabin that had once been their home.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At the site of their cabin, her heart dropped and she found herself squeezing his hand.
"Well, I suppose we were too lucky to have found such a private location to stay; though let's see what can be salvaged. Heavens knows what might be left."

Lion

There wasn't much of anything left, truth be told. What hadn't been torn apart or ravaged was stolen and what few clothes they had, Urich packed in the one bag he found and carried it to a stray rope and threw it over his shoulder.  He took Victoria's hand and held it to him.

"Let's go home, Victoria. Back to the north.  We'll have to tell the Council what happened here, and prepare for whatever comes next. I won't let you stand here and stare at our suffering. We keep going. We don't stop. That is the wolf's way."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Wolf's way or not," she went on, a bit haughty he felt the need to defend her. She was a strong woman, and retracted her hand. "I will not wallow over losses that can't be retained. But yes... it would be reckless not to report this." Her brows furrowed as she peered over her shoulder, as if wondering if someone might be there, watching them. But no one was, and the birds were singing.

"It'll be quite a long walk, but after being cooped up like some legless bird, I could use the exercise." And she took a small satchel herself, filled with much less than what he had, but it was supplies necessary, none the less, and began to move North.

Leaving behind the cabin was sad in it's own right, but she wasn't surprised to have found it in such a state. The problem now was the potential to run into those who experimented on wolves and the likes.

And also... she placed a hand on her belly, unthinkingly, as she frowned. She was with child. And she did feel a bit vulnerable for it- and a bit angry. Either way, a child of inconvenience or not would not inconvenience her.

Lion

Despite the retraction of her hand, Urich wasn't offended. In fact he was grinning and enjoyed watching her resolve come forth once again. There was the headstrong woman that he had fallen in love with. Not the moping mess of panic.

Urich followed her  and watched her movements. Particularly the one on her belly. "We'll take extra care of that one," he murmured.  Urich tilted his head. "How are you...How are you feeling?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She cast him a glare, a bit irritated by his remarks.
"Just fine, Urich," she snapped. "It's not like they stole my legs." Or her tongue. Yes, she could walk away from this just as he had. Even if whatever had really happened as an unnerving fact.

Lion

He tilted his head, furrowing his brow and frowning.

"I'm sorry," he muttered.  He hadn't been trying to get on her bad side, but it seemed he found himself there anyway. Urich shrugged it off and continued to follow her along the abandoned road. Despite their loss, he wasn't going to see this as the end. Sure, they had made a home and subsequently lost it.

And that's when he started to sing, a jovial tune. Even against his better instincts.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She glared at him impatiently.
"What are you doing?"

OOC: She's apparently moody and grumpers when preggo XD

Lion

[Well, what else is new? Lol]

Urich just kept singing and only bothered to pause a few seconds after she asked.  " Singing of course.  You're free to join in anytime," he said softly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn