Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady and the Beast (M)

Started by visualspice, January 08, 2013, 02:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Victoria only stared at him, her face growing long. She had no idea what to make of all of his comments, and her cheeks went red at the idea.
"I don't know, you seemed to enjoy back handing me back at your manner,"s he reminded him, only keeping a more firm grasp upon his arm when she realized it was the one with the enchantment, then squeezed it lightly, her eyes softening.

"Why would you do that?"s he asked after a time, her voice actually sounding tender for once, even sweet.  "I know my Aunt can be trying, but I could only imagine you would have enjoyed watching her berate me." Then at the comment, she lowered her gaze, still blushing, still holding his arm. "That is to say, since you hate me and my kind, so."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"That was different," he defended.  "You were an unwelcome intruder in my home.  It doesn't matter what lies between your legs, I would have treated you the same had you been a man.  Though, granted, I don't know any man that possesses gifts as you do.  Perhaps it's for the better."

Urich wrenched his arm from her grip.

"I'll admit, it was fun watching you get cut down to size.  It would serve your right for all your haughty airs.  The world doesn't belong to you as you may well know.  But...you don't treat family that way, and certainly not in front of others.  Blood is thicker than water, you know.  It wasn't right.  If it took a stranger to slap her in the face, well, so be it.

"And it would be stupid to say that I hate your kind.  It goes to show that you really haven't bothered to know anything about me.  If I hated you, I would have killed you on sight.  My mother was human.  I never hated her.  I only hate meddlers who come barging into other people's homes without their permission and attempt to throw their weight around."

Urich gave a speculative glare.  "Why do you look so surprised that I would do this anyway?  You must have known your aunt had it coming."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She mused over the thoughts, still staring him clear in the face.

"BUt it's as you say, blood is thicker than water," she afforded a small smile. "And I'm only as arrogant as need be. I was told I was heading into the home of a rogue wolf. What was I to expect? Not to mention you lied to me." She frowned. "Though I suppose I would be less willing, if the circumstances had been turned around."
She thought over it a moment then looked down to his feet.

"And really, you call me arrogant!"s he pointed " Where are the boots I bought for you? " she asked, angrily, hands to her hips. "And who is calling me simply human? I am no more human than you are, but I suppose I'm human enough. Most don't possess the sorts of magics I can cast."S he shook her head. "Negotiators are rather rare. I suppose it makes a little sense you might not have heard about us. But we negate the miraculous powers of yours and the super natural kind."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I had every right to defend myself against a foreign invader.  Whether to lie to you or to eat you, you were in my home.  Gods, you're such an infuriating woman.  I thought you didn't want to see me again!  Yet here you are prolonging unnecessary conversation.  I just want to go home!  I'm am very tired!"  Urich sighed and ran a hand through his hair, his claws disappearing and so did everything else that made him a wolf.

"I could care less about your kind.  You're just a meddling woman, who's going to turn into a meddling old maid.  And I didn't want your rotten boots.  You only bought them so you can lord them over me...or lady them.  Not that you're much of either.  So, I gave them back and bought something with my own money because I wanted to.  I think they look better anyway.  Are we done here?  Nevermind.  We are."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At the moment he questioned it, she tore her hand away from him.

"Then I believe we are. And really, why would anyone want to Lord over you with shoes?"s he shook her head, it was absurd, and turned to move away. Really now, how silly for him to just assume! "You seem to put yourself on quite the pedestal, Mister Renqvist. I bid you good day." and she curtsied, if only out of dignity before turning and making her leave, still pink in the cheeks over it.

Really, what of this man? What of him indeed! IF he wanted to continue to treat her like a cow, he could go to his own miserable pasture himself!  Though she paused herself still, realizing she hadn't quite thanked him and sighed.
She called over her shoulder, waving to him.
"And thank you for your involuntary resolution of heroism to my plight. I will notify the counsel of your good deeds." And she moved away, as if of. No reason to linger on her thank you, anyway!  And, she only sought to thank him, as if to add salt already to their bitter wounds.

but really... it did bring up a good question..
If he didn't care- why bother?

Why bother at all indeed...

Lion

Urich only made a rude gesture over his shoulder, middle finger raised as he continued on his way out of town.  The night was only barely over when he made it to the old ruins of Sul'Gulthan.  He stared at the rundown place.  He supposed it wouldn't have hurt to have put more thought into fixing it up if he knew one day he was going to lose it.  He doubted very much that infuriating woman was going to do anything more to help his case.  She'd done enough damage already.

He returned to the darkness of his great hall, food still laid out, almost rotting and he tossed it into the great furnace after placing Robern's skull on the armrest of his throne.  "She's got a lot of nerve," Urich went on to mutter to himself, lighting a fire that engulfed the whole hall.  "Like I need her help.  All she's gonna do is make it worse, again!"

"Maybe she really wants to help, sir.  She said it was her first time on the job.  She was only doing what she was told."

"It's  no excuse, Robern, and you know it.  If your superior officer had told you to kill an entire camp of survivors, women and children, no less, would you have done it?"

The ghost was silent, looking solemn.

"It's a matter of principle.  I ruined her home like she's bent on ruining mine.  But she doesn't care.  None of them do.  Maybe it's just better if I leave anyway.  Nobody seems to give a damn, and they all have pretty much made up their minds anyhow.  I suppose I should be saying my goodbyes to all of you ghosts pretty soon."

Robern was silent, his face looking morose and sad.  "Maybe you should have let her get eaten after all."

"Now that's more like it!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She had heard the lectures enough. Her Aunt was quick to remind her at every twist and turn just exactly WHO she was and just exactly WHAT was to become of her.
"We could try to marry you off, but I feel bad for any man within our stock. Really, Victoria, the least you could do is try."

"I am trying, Aunt Millicent," Victoria said with a soft, disinterested sigh.  Yes, the end of the month couldn't come fast enough. Not only would she have her dresses well...

She hadn't informed her Aunt, but on her growing distaste for this manner, she had been sneaking into the counsel and sifting through their god awful amounts of paperwork-
and there was so much fuel to fill her fire indeed!
Not only should Urich be protected under an ordinance about his basic survival principles, but the ignorance is bliss deed, as well. There were so many loop holes it was astounding, and one night she found herself missing all of her sleep for it as the month passed on and away- nearing the dredful Friday night meeting at Urich's manor.

"Do not forget, you are not to come, Victoria. You have renounced yourself from your counsel position because of your outburst-"
"My outburst of what?" came her niece with a haughty tongue. Victoria hadn't slept for four days, preparing a document in secret and her aunt's attitude was grating on her nerves.  "I know my place, Aunt Millicent, you've reminded me on numerous occasions."

Her aunt glared at her, fire brewing within her eyes.

"Just stay here and be civil. Frederick, come. Prepare the carriage."
And with it she was off.
No doubt Urich would give them hell, or worse..
or. perhaps the man would wisen up and leave. She didn't want to think what the counsel was to do with him- nor should she care. She merely wanted (or so she told herself) to thrust the laws back into the order within this organization, one lame beast at a time.

Really, it said it all right here, and she looked over the paper work, again and again, and fought against her fatigue as she became overwhelmed with excitement and struck out to the road-
and it would be a very, very long walk indeed, as a storm was threatening on the horizon. Sighing, she muttered, "And here I had forgotten my coat."

Never she mind that!

The trek to his manor was a gruesome way- but little did she know what Urich might have in store as he made her way towards the grounds, one boot at a time....

Millicent and her men were already at the door well within the hour, and upon approaching the gate, she gave a sneer, thinking about how foolish Victoria must've been to just come in, probably unannounced and threatened the man with her parasol. She knew she should have been there. THe dumb girl was not ready for this, and was too prideful- though she supposed it ran in the family.
Approached the door, she took the knocker in hand and gave it a heavy thumb.

"Mister Renqvist," she began. "It is I, Millicent Armani, Negotiator and Mistress to the Laws of the Counsel to the Paranormal. I have with me my men and require that you open the door so that we may discuss what we hadn't finished some time ago. Manners about the estate."

Lion

Every dreadful day passed by melding well into the other.  It felt like a dream, well more of a nightmare, slowly and gratingly becoming a reality.  Urich of course made no preparations to leave and bid his time.  Yet he also knew the futility of a fight.  No doubt the crone would come marching in with some army behind her of some kind.  And what good were ghosts and ghouls, when he was the only living thing here that could be hurt by their weapons.

When they finally came for their arrival, he was busy feeding the pups that had once been his wolves, that Victoria's strange powder had transformed.  They were fat and happy and played in a hay stack he had put in the corner.  A rug made of bear skin was also laid out several feet before the fire place and a few of them took to napping on it.

"WHO IS IT!?" he bellowed, playing with two of them, shaking their paws.  But when the answer came, he froze.  Urich rubbed his face tiredly and stood up.  When he reached the door, he held his arms against it, not daring to open it at that particular moment.  "We can speak through the door!" he shouted.  "I'm listening...  Go on, then."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Millicent only glared at the door.
"Mister Renqvist, really, this is no way to hold a hospitable conversation about your claim to this property of land. You must open the door at once so we can talk."

Victoria was still well on her way, but the damn ground was mushy from a previous rain and she found herself growing more and more exhausted for it-
especially when a snap of thunder hissed over head. She ducked, holding onto her hat, as if the damn bolt might hit her.

"Goodness, what a terrible day for talk and tea," she lamented in a huff. THen straightened herself out, parasol in hand and continued onwards towards the gate- which was still quite a ways off indeed....

Lion

Urich was growing impatient with her persistence.  He didn't much care for old women before, now he truly was growing to dislike them.  But there wasn't much of a choice here.  Urich opened the great doors of his hall way and closed them, locking them shut behind him.  He met Millicent at the gates, fixing his old coat against shoulders.

He stood with the antechamber door behind him and held his hands behind his back.

"What's a matter...a little mud holding you back?" he said smugly but immediately removed the expression from his face.  He sighed.  "You don't need to go inside.  We can talk right here."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Millicent hardly seemed phased by his rude behavior.
"There is much paper work to go over. I also need to apologize for the rudeness of my niece, without her, we could have been over and done with this matter indeed." She tried her best not to glower at the man, still recalling the sting he had cast upon her cheek.
"Now,"s he huffed. "Will you let us inside, or are we to remain out here, with these precious papers which could potentionally blow away in these winds?"

Really, did he not understand what the orders dictated?

And the more he fussed.. he was merely buying Victoria more time as she continued enroute, as fast as her little legs could carry her- and with these skirts, it was a trifle bit difficult indeed!

Lion

Urich crossed his arms in front of his chest, sighing and only glaring at these buggers that insisted on getting into his home.  "If I let you in, you'll only disturb my pups.  They're playing and napping right now.  And if I open this door, the cold winds will only bring a chill throughout the hold.  I'm afraid them being pups, I can't allow that.  They'd freeze to death."

And as if his very words summoned the brunt of weather itself, the air began to open up with small pellets of rain.  It was soft at first but began to steadily pick up, making the muddy path all the more treacherous.  The wind was howling and the rain was merciless as it pelted down on them all, Urich being the exception as he stood in the way of the porch-like covering that hung over the antechamber door.

"Now are we going to get started, or are you going to complain about a little rain?

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Millicent glared at him and his defiance.
"Sir, your pups would do well for us to come in quickly then if you care so much. And if you are a father, then where is your wife? Perhaps we can talk some sense into your, Mister Renqvist," Millicent pressed. "And the rain will ruin the papers. Now push him aside and let us desist this unnecessary banter."  And Millicent and her crew from the counsel began to move forward....

OOC: I'll post something with Victoria in the next reply, I swear XD~

Lion

"I don't have any children and you are NOT getting in this house!" Urich roared in pure rage, which scared a few of the men as he pushed them back, but he could not force the ten others that cast him aside and stormed into the antechamber, and to the massive doors of the great hall.

Urich was lost in the ensuing choas as the men tore his place apart, shoving everything aside that he had placed in front of that door and proceeded to push it open.  "Goddammit!  You leave my dogs out of this!"  Urich rushed through the crowd and shoved a man to the ground and stood between them and the wolf puppies that eyed the strangers curiously.  Some wagged their tales but the rest just clung to the bear skin rug in nerves.

"Now you woke them!" Urich said waving his arms around.  "Thanks a lot.  Do you know how hard it was to get them tired from play?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"We have no need for your pups," Millicent said with a sigh, eyeing the room up with much speculation. "My, my, why on earth would you stay in such a place, Mr. Renqvist. I do believe your ceiling has sprung a leak." She pointed up towards then, then over at a table. "Come, councilman, bring the paper work over towards the table and the charms. When we are finished here, if you continue to ignore the laws, we will have to simply negate the super-natural elements at play here and vanquish what we can. Really now, do you want to wear an iron collar your whole life? It's a device, we Negotiators have created for such an occasion, for werewolves who do not understand the clear order of things."

And while her Aunt was threatening Urich with the iron collar, Victoria was finding herself in some trouble of her own. WIht the rains pouring down, her parasol was worthless against it, for the wind blew the waters in all directions.  Groaning, she closed the damn thing and just let the rains spray into her face, tugging along her satchel protectively as she made her way up a precariously steep hill side.

Though her boots, curse them with heels, stepped into softer mud and she found herself slipping, twisting her ankle as she tumbled down into the slick, thick mud and crashed back at the bottom of the tireless hill.

Huffing puffed breaths through her lips she gritted her teeth and looked down at her dress, now smattered and lathered in mud.
"Ugh, and to think! What on earth is that all about!"s he cried, slamming her hands into the mud angrily before pushing herself up and crying out in pain, then landing back onto her ass in the mud and hefting up her skirts to look at it as she rubbed at her boot.

"Oh, bother, I've gone and twisted it and now it hurts.." She bared her teeth, glaring up at the mountain side but merely snatched her satchel from the ground and began her way back up the hill, ignoring the bleating pain that kept shooting up her leg as she walked, using her parasol now as a clutch.

Justice would prevail!

Lion

Urich looked up at his ceiling, but saw no leak there.  The woman was senile, obviously.  "You have no right," he growled at the crone.  "You'll do no such thing.  This has been my home for more than 30 years.  The only laws that matter here are my own.  Why now all of a sudden do you come barging in here demanding that I leave?  Explaining to me laws that have no bearing here.  You'll expell all the ghosts that all this place home?  They've lived here longer than I and only now do you have any interest in any goings on here.

"You're a hypocrite.  An old prune of a woman with nothing better in her life than to bully and destroy the lives of others who have done nothing to you.  You won't even hear me out.  You don't give a damn.  You preach peace, but what you really mean is you'll have your way no matter who gets hurt by it.  You won't put a collar on me!  I've done nothing wrong!  I'll slash you open before you touch me!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Millicent had heard enough.

"You will watch your tone, Mister Renqvist," she said, hissing out the last portion of his name and gestured towards the table where her men already began unfolding pieces of paper, even bringing out a few enchanted devises, one, included, was an iron collar, branded with the symbol marked all over their books- the Mark of the Counsel.

"Now, we will hear out your case. 30 years is a long time, but did you think about your actions before settling here? And what of the ghosts? Hrm? Do you think they honestly want your doggish mannerisms to disturb their existence?" She waved off a hand. "I think not. Look, Sir, we are here today to remind you of the travesties you hold against us. Need I remind you, you struck myself within the confines of our own counsel building itself! Do not think that goes without consequence!" she shouted, voice echoing throughout the hall.
"And what you have done to my niece, warped her into thinking you might deserve to stay here, probably threatened her very life, well, it will not be ignored indeed! Now, take a seat sir before we are forced to proceed in a much less civilized manner!"

And it seemed she might be all too late, as Victoria struggled against hte rain and muck, dragging herself and her limping leg up the cursed hill side until finally she pushed through- the massive, iron gate in view. She never thought she'd enjoy the sight in all of her life!
Picking herself out of the mud, she leaned forward, pushing through the rain, parasol guiding her forward- not realizing the simmering tensions brewing within...

Lion

"Don't think you can threaten me, you old crow," Urich growled again, backing away toward his throne.  The pups whined, feeling the tension in the air growing and whimpered a little.  A brave white one in the corner of the rug growled at the old woman, and another even went so far as to openly attack her swishing skirts, yanking on them as the thread began to tear.

"THIS IS MY HOUSE!  I COULD SHOUT DOWNTHE VERY HEAVENS IF I SO PLEASE!"  His voice seemed to summon hell itself and the ground quaked at the echo of his tone.  Some men were shaken by the action and stepped back, holding on to their blades.  "I'm not going anywhere.  The matter is solved!  The ghosts know me better than they know you!  You're the real monsters!  Get out of my house!  This is my home!  I've never hurt anyone!  I've never robbed or pillaged or descecrated or destroyed!  And you deserved that slap you stupid cow, because you should know better.

"Get out!  This is your final warning!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Well," Aunt Millicent began, a click of her tongue. "It seems your more wolf than man after all. Perhaps we should just cut to the end and get that iron collar around you? How would you like to serve out your days in a dark cell as nothing but a mere mortal man, as mere mortal as those you so hungrily devoured on these forbidden lands!"

Turning to her men she commanded, "He is showing defiance, the iron collar, now!"

And it was at that exact moment the large doors were thrust open and a terrible crack of thunder roared from outside, lighting blistering behind her form as Victoria stood there- a terrible sight for a terrible situation.

"This has gone on long enough! Councilman, stand down!" Victoria commanded, voice echoing as powerfully across the chambers as Urich's did but moments ago.  She took a few trying, proud steps into the room, holding up her papers- which, thankfully, had not gotten bogged down by the rain.
"I have here papers PROVING this man's innocence and that the grounds ought to belong to him."

Millicent turned with a start, alarmed to see her niece suddenly show up at such a tense moment and then,- to her clothes!
"Victoria! You're a mess!"

Victoria ignored the comment and stormed across the room, holding the papers up high before slamming them angrily upont he table.
"You left me so many years to do nothing but read, read in that dusty library, well it's paid off!" she lifted her nose against her Aunt and simply stated.
"I've done all of the research and we are out of our jurisdiction. Mister Renqvist is free to have claimed this land. See for yourself the documentations!"

Millicent only stared ghastly at her niece, then blinked nad turned to look down at the paper, the ink only slightly bleeding from the rain.
"What.. what IS all of this!?" Her aunt look astounded.

Victoria only glared coldly.
"This man's freedom. Simply read it. It's your laws. Now be away with your counsel nonsense. We have no jurisdiction here, Aunt Milli."

Millicent felt her blood boil, but as she began to read over the papers, she snatched them up.
"Very well, we shall re-evaluate this at once, but you.." she glared at her niece.
"I expect your bags packed tomorrow!"
and with a snap of her fingers, the councilman began to gather up their things.

Millicent turned as she left, glaring back at Urich.
"Don't think this is the last you'll see of us. Just because my ungrateful niece has sought to use the laws to protect you, we will be back again if there is a mistake!" And with it, her eyes turned to Victoria before she glared, and slammed the doors behind her as she left.

Lion

Urich already had his claws unleashed to tear into the man that held the collar.  There was no way he was going to get near him with that dreadful thing.  He already walked a fine line between mortal man and beast...they would take away something from him just because they were afraid of what he was capable of.  But he wasn't afraid to show them what true power was.  For all their enchantments they couldn't deal with the fact that something more powerful than they dared to fight back against their so-called 'laws'.

He was about to pounce too just when the door thrust open and the wind was howling outside.  The wolf pups yelped and a whined and huddled together, the one that yanked at the old woman's skirts scampering back to the tiny pack and watching with curious eyes, as the figure attempted to compose herself.  It was pure luck, Urich thought with savagery, still wary of the men that surrounded him.

But he had no time to interject as Victoria came in looking like she trudged through a nightmare, limping a little, and slamming even more paperwork down amidst the piles that were already there.  Really...more paperwork?  Like that was going to save him?  He sighed and retracted his claws, watching the interplay between the woman and the old crow.  What was this about?  Jurisdiction...

"The land's been claimed.  You never had any jurisdiction anywhere aside from your own asses..." he muttered, crossing his arms over his chest

Gods, he truly didn't care.  He only wanted these unwelcome bastards OUT of his house!  A concept they clearly did NOT understand.  And when they finally left, Urich grabbed a mug, empty as it were, and chucked it at them in there wake.  "AND STAY OUT!"  And gave another rude gesture.  He sighed and locked the doors after they left, muttering words that would make a priestess faint.

Urich stomped back to the pups, looking at the pair that stood up to the crow.  "Thank you.  You get extra slops for your bravery."  He noticed the shape still lingering by the table.  But his expression was unimpressed.

"Does 'not see you again' mean anything to you?" he asked, going about his business to pour some wine into his favored goblet.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn