Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Golden Light, White Lily [Bleeding Phoenix]

Started by Anguish, July 04, 2015, 07:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguish

"Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!" Auriel said to herself with frustration. "I knew I shouldn't have tried to take that damn shortcut!"

This was her first time visiting Connlaoth and she knew the dangers of doing so, but she wanted to see for herself what it was like here. She had stopped in a small village that was known to be full of mage sympathizers and spent a few days there, but she wanted to see more before leaving. When she asked the best way to get to the next safe town, the villagers directed her down a main road that would have taken her four days on foot. However, they also told her of a shortcut that would cut that time nearly in half.

Though that doesn't account for getting lost, and she was definitely lost. The path had taken her through a dense forest. She wasn't even sure if she was on the same road that she was on before, that's how much it split and winded and curved. To make it worse, she was lost somewhere where she could be put in severe danger at any time.

Suddenly Auriel heard a scream of agony coming from ahead and starting running towards it. Not long after, the path opened into a clearing and Auriel could see a man on the ground with a severe injury to his stomach. He was either stabbed or gored by something, but whatever it was, it didn't stick around to watch this man die. Auriel approached the man, who at this point was gasping for breath. He turned his head slightly to look at her, tears in his eyes.

"It's okay. I can help you." Auriel said, kneeling down to get a closer look at the wound. She placed her hand over it, hovering so that she was just barely not touching him. A warm light began to glow under her hand, and after a few seconds she pulled her hand away. When she did, the wound was fully healed. "There you are!"

The man looked at her with fear in his eyes instead of gratitude. Then he abruptly stood up, turned and ran, without offering so much as a thank you. Auriel was confused at first, but then she realized something. What if that man had gone to get someone, even though she had just saved his life? Or even worse, what if someone had seen her use her magic just now?