Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The You Who Will Never Be (M)

Started by Valtxr, June 22, 2017, 12:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

Meanwhile, the goblin was able to pull free the poster, tumbling over as the recoil sent him to the side. A second later the goblin was holding the poster above its head, the manic smile still present from he beginning, as it bounced up and down next to the orc yelling "boss!" over and over like a overly eager school boy.

When that failed to catch the attention of the orc, who was still staring at the women and bombarding her with his foul breath, the goblin had a brilliant idea. He ran to the nearest table and snatched something from the table, before chucking it at the head of the orc.

The item shattered upon impact on the orc's helmet, but it was less the impact and more of the noise that caught the orc's attention.

"Wot ya want!?" The orc turned it's head and shouted.

The goblin was now standing before him, holding out the poster up to him. "Look boss we'z 'ere fer a fight!"

"Fight?" The orc said, as his tiny brain took a moment to process that, before he realized. "FIGHT!"

With all thoughts of the muffin gone down the drain, the orc grabbed the goblin with one hand and held it up to Sharon. The goblin meanwhile began its manic laughing again, as he held up one of Jorge's poster.

"Iz 'eard dere waz a fight in town!" The orc's normal talking volume was a kin to a normal human yelling. "An' we'z want in!"

Draconian

Oh goodness.

Raizel glanced around, eyes bright blue. Sure she was a little late to the party but... It was tempting to turn right back around and leave. What a mess of people this was. Aki perched himself somewhere on a wall, watching. Waiting. Raizel glanced up at the raven and frowned at him - no doubt he was looking for food bits to steal.

Either way. Her pockets were empty, her sword was thirsty and her hands were itchy.

"I take it I'm late?" She spoke to the figure by the door, glancing at him. She'd snuck in behind him, deciding that the quiet one was the bet. The quiet one not trying to look like he'd killed before. A slight frown as she looked around, head tilting slightly. Hood was down, hair hanging around her face, hiding her slightly pointy ears. Maybe this hadn't been a good idea.  A quick roll of her shoulders and she watched the hot mess do it's thing. "I wander all the way from Adela and I find myself here," She mused with a small smile, voice low, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.

At least it would be entertaining. For now.

Valtxr

Zhang glanced over at the new woman. Seemed to be another interested party in Sharon's gathering. A favorable turn of events, that Sharon had managed to amass a number of people for her endeavor. Each new person could call more attention away from him. Make it easier for Zhang to blend in. Allow him to simply get close, participate, and not be asked too many questions.
   A curious detail. Had Sharon reached as far as Adela for aid? Or was this new woman already in-country when she caught wind of this?
   He said, "Only as late as I am."

The combined efforts of Gabe and the little green shit got the beast back on the right idea.
   Sharon couldn't hold back a small groan as the orc practically shouted about the fight and wanting in. At the very least, Twin Rivers wasn't as populated as Reajh: less ears overall. But she had no idea how far the creature's bellowing voice would carry, especially up here on the deck of The Overlook, so high above the rest of town.
   Still, the beast was more than eager, and certainly had its use as an effective battering ram against Reese's defenses, if nothing else. And Sharon felt far more comfortable tolerating it with Black Skull and Gabe watching her back—just in case the thing decided to turn on her for some reason.
   Sharon thumbed the dog's head of her pistol forward, back into the safe position, and relaxed her hand from the handle.
   And she finally noticed the jacketed man with the black hair and the woman with the bright blue eyes and the sword standing by the door.
   Time to get the plan in motion. One, before the loud mouth orc compromised the entire thing, and two, because she simply wouldn't be able to afford to pay any more mercenaries that showed up. The payout from the Cerenis job had been substantial, but some of it went to living expenses, to Volkhard and Otto, and the rest would be for this: paying the small group of sellswords/assassins she had been hoping for. This venture would break her financially, and she'd be living job to job again immediately afterwards, but it was worth it. Of course it was.
   "Alright," Sharon said in general to those gathered on the deck. "Let's talk specifics. In my room."
   She glanced at the little orc in Ugdanak's massive hand. Zag...something. Zaggit. That sounded base and brutish enough to be its name. It definitely seemed to be the smarter of the two.
   "You can come. Tell your friend..."
   She looked back to Jorge, who said, "Ugdanak."
   "Ugdanak, here, to go and do...whatever it is that he does for an hour or so. Ugdanak is...not required to attend. And then you can let him know when the fight is going to be."
   Sharon eyed the man and the woman by the door again. Met eyes with Jorge, who nodded. He got it.
   And Sharon walked across the deck. Then through the door and back into the inn.

Jorge walked up to the man and the woman. Maybe they were like Sharon and Black Skull; put off by the orc and his goblin companion. Seemed like only Gabe appreciated the brilliance of getting an orc's help for a big slobberknocker of a battle. Good ol' Gabe, what a guy.
   Jorge said to the two, "You here for the job, then?"
   "Yes," said the man. "My name is Zhang. I saw one of those posters on a bounty board. I'm in."
   "Right. Good shit, good shit. Follow Sharon and the rest of the bunch."
   Jorge looked to the woman with the—holy shit, her eyes were really blue up close. Said, "Well, how 'bout you then, love?"

The Overlook was a big inn with big rooms. The lavishly decorated and well-furnished rooms needed to live up to the demanding expectations of their typically wealthy and noble clientele, and Sharon's was no different. A good thing, considering the number of people that needed to fit inside comfortably. A room at a cheaper inn, like a lot of the ones in Reajh or out in the towns smaller than Twin Rivers on the road, would've been a horrible place to conduct such a meeting.
   Through a couple hallways, up a flight of stairs, down another hallway on the second floor, and finally Sharon got to her room and pulled out the key and opened it and stepped inside.
   Two large beds, a polished circular table with a chairs, two sofas sharing a low table in front of them by the corner. There was no shortage of places to sit.
   Zhang entered the room shortly after Sharon did. Took a seat on one of the sofas. A quiet man.
   Sharon opted to stand. Walked over to one of the three large windows in the room. Crossed her arms and looked out through the glass.
   The storm that had been brewing over the Kilanthro mountains was getting close to town.
   Sharon thought of Cerenis. Of Deegan. Of the dungeon. Of the innocent girls.
   This was worth it. It had to be.
   The low rumble of thunder in the distance.
   As Sharon buried the spectre of Adelaide in her mind.

Gawfy

Gabe followed Sharon back into the inn as he breathed a sigh of relief. Everyone filed in as Sharon took her place by the window. Things where quiet as they always where before shit goes down. Hard to think what she was thinking about. Everyone took their seats or stood as they pleased. Things where silent as they where. Gabe then grabbed the low end table and dragged it to the middle of the room. His dress shoes clacked loudly as he jumped onto said table before killing the silence that perforated the room. 
Ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for making your way here today. I can guarantee your time was not wasted in coming here. I would like introduce Miss Sharon over there. Gabe said as he pointed to Sharon. One thing I would like for you to drill into your heads is that She will be paying you,and needless to say she can not do that if she catches a bullet or a blade. So do please mind our hostess. If you dont mind lets go around the room get to know each-other,  Gabe said sarcastically Really though im sure Sharon would like to know the extent of each of your abilities so she may plan accordingly.   Gabe still had no idea the extent of this raid but if it was anything like the last two it was gonna be a fucking doozy. Ill start us off. Name is Gabe and im good at hurting people. No Magic abilities to speak of. Whoever would like to speak up next please do. Gabe said as he hopped down from the table.

Wrathwyrm

That fantastic display between goblin and orc seemed to have prevented any in-fighting.  Not that it would've gone well for the woman.  An armored orc like that was going to soak up a fair few bullets before going down.  And given that there was precious little magic power between them all, it would be fair to say that he could very likely kill them all before he fell.  Still, they'd managed to reach an accord, and the orc had pretty much spelled out what they were up to.

Gary was planning on getting further specifics, if he could obtain any, but he did not need them.  Simply following the group would be enough.  For now, he waited and pretended that Jim was having a bit of a drink break.  Truth be told, he was a bit parched, so why not a little ale?  Now, he was sure that the one identified as Zhang was not...exactly in on things, or he was something different.  Just a thought, nothing more.

Once everyone was away and off to their room to discuss things - plans, probably - Gary looked over at the orc who'd been left behind while the goblin was off to discuss matters.  They'd left him behind because he was a bellower, no doubt.  So, after they were gone, 'Juggalo Jim' approached the orc, drink in hand.

"Hellooo.  Could I talk with your friend after he's done with the meeting he's gone to?"

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The orc gave a look between Jorge and Sharon, before looking at Zaggit, who gave the orc a manic grin and a thumbs up.

Said goblin was then promptly punted into the building by the large orc, crackling with laughter all the way.

The orc then stood they're, contemplating on what to do, probably go find a fight before this fight, least he was contemplating until he was intrupted in his contemplating when a human approached him.

"Wot you want wiv 'm dat iz kant do, 'umie" the orc breathed om the man.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He very second the room's door cracked open the goblin was already in the room, tuning it completely upside down, bouncing from bed to bed, throwing the sofa covers that wasent occupied over to the sids, opening everything and anything that could and even can't be opened, all the while snickering and giggling as he went about.

Had he been with the rest of his goblin crew, they would have taken everything that wasn't nailed down in the room, which was proabably everything. But since it was only him, he opted to find the shiniest object in the room...

Oh yeah, the fight.

When he lifted one of the cushions into the air, he realized they were speaking about him.The goblin gave a toothy grin, before saying.

"Da namez Zaggit da Nutkrusha. Ha! Iz a goblin dat kan shoot an' chop!." The goblin said, lowering the cushion to his belly. "Da boss outside, 'z Ugdanak Badaxe! Big, 'ard, black orc! Kan stomp all ya enemiez."

After that little into, the goblin went back to looking behind that cushion...

Skwint

As soon as Black Skull entered the room he found the nearest corner and stood in it eerily silent. The man he'd heard referred to as Gabe got up on the table and recommended they all introduce themselves after his corny little speech. Like that was going to happen. Black Skull fully intended on maintaining his silence.

Draconian

Love?

Raizel had watched the exchange silently, blue eyes gliding between the pair before those startling blue eyes were thrown to Jorge. A curious tilt of her head and she gave a little nod of confirnation. While being called Love wasnt high on her list of prefered nicknames there had been no ill intent.

"Raizel," she said after a moment, then she nodded to the Raven that was picking though what he could. "That is Aki," a simple raise of her hand and the bird flew over, finding his perch on her shoulder. Still, a glance to the fellow, a polite smile and she followed the people into the room, moving to stand off to the side to listen.

The bird peered curiously at the boy in black in the corner, while Raizel watched this... Sharon. At least whatever mess this was, was proving to be interesting. "You're not intent on hiring everyone are you?" She asked softly, glancing at the... little green rodent with distaste clear on her face.

Valtxr

Jorge entered Sharon's room after Raizel. So that was her, Gabe, Black Skull, Zaggit, Zhang. Looked to be everyone, so Jorge shut the door. Locked it.
   "Sharon. Raizel, Zhang," he said, pointing to each. "They're here for the job too."

Sharon nodded when Jorge said the names of the last two mercs to join in. Good. At least Jorge managed to scrape up some actual human beings and not more orcs or god-knows-what else. Both were armed with a sword and/or a pistol, so they probably weren't mages. Well, Jorge got the recruiting job mostly right, but it just wouldn't be Jorge if he didn't fuck some part of it up.
   And the woman, Raizel, had a question almost as soon as Jorge had closed the door.
   Seemed Sharon, Raizel, and Black Skull were all birds of a feather. Raizel's face mirrored Sharon's own when the Zag thing had started its childish rampage through her room; a job for the service workers in the inn to fix. Also, new sheets. New pillows. New every-fucking-thing Sharon's body would have to touch tonight that the green creature had the gall to put its filthy paws on.
   "Everyone here has their place," Sharon said with a forced smile. As useful as the orc might be in the assault, if push came to shove and either Raizel or Black Skull had any further objection to working with the foul creatures, then she'd cut the greenskins out of the job immediately in favor of fellow humans.
   Then Gabe pulled the low table forward and hopped onto it and kicked the meeting off. Sharon appreciated his initiative, but it seemed that only the stupid little Zag thing bothered with an introduction. The true professionals, as Sharon expected, weren't so keen on—
   "'Ey there, mates," said Jorge. "Name's Jorge, but you all probably know that by now. I got two pistols, and I miss 'bout half of my shots, so there's that. You lookin' for somebody to drink with after this, though, then I'm your guy."
   Sharon closed her eyes for a moment. An annoyed exhale through her nose. Of course it would be Jorge. Of course.
   "Thank you, Gabe," she said. Added grudgingly, "Jorge."
   "Anytime, love."
   Sharon walked over to the center of the room, near where Gabe had dragged the low table. Glanced over all assembled.
   Time to get started.
   "Greetings," she said. "I represent the interests of The Maitri. He wants a local underboss, named Reese, dead. And I'm here to ensure that happens."
   Maitri. An ancient word from a dead language. One Sharon had remembered from the old, dusty, and worn out books that her father absentmindedly tossed to her to keep her occupied when she was a child, the books she had slowly taught herself to read with. It meant a number of similar things, but above all: Order. That which brought peace and benevolence.
   And it was just as important for Sharon's hired help to hear of The Maitri—this fabricated and enigmatic figure of Sharon's own making behind which she would operate—as it was for any survivors at Reese's compound that Sharon would intentionally let go. The legend needed to grow. Spread. And this was just the first seed she would plant.
   "The job is simple. Straightforward. I don't know where exactly Reese's hideout is, but I know who does. His right-hand man, Halis Durandan, lives here in Twin Rivers. Pretends to be a normal member of the town. Handles Reese's business here. We get Durandan, and we get Reese.
   "Tomorrow morning, before sunrise and while the town is mostly asleep, we'll go and get Durandan. Gabe, Black Skull, you'll be with me. We'll get Durandan to talk. Zhang, Raizel, you'll be the lookouts on the outside."
   Zhang and Raizel looked to Sharon to be the best candidates for blending in. They could even come up with a husband-and-wife routine in the unlikely event that an early morning guard patrol or other nosy people happened upon them. Gabe and Black Skull were better suited inside Durandan's house.
   "So Durandan talks," Sharon continued, "we get him to lead us directly to Reese's hideout, we ambush his men while most of them are probably still sleeping as well, and then we get Reese. I don't have any intel on the amount of men he's got, so be ready for anything. Spoils inside Reese's hideout are free-for-all. Grab whatever you like. The important thing is that Reese dies."
   Sharon looked down to Zaggit. Unable to keep the condescending tone from her voice. "Now, I've got an important job for you. A very important one. Are you ready? I need you...to get..."
   She glanced at Jorge again.
   "Ugdanak," he said.
   "Ugdanak. I need you to get Ugdanak...tomorrow morning before sunrise...and go to the east end of town, the one with the sign that says 'Twin Rivers'...and wait. Don't do anything else. Just wait. We'll come and get you. And then you'll have that fight you want at Reese's hideout. Got that?"
   Sharon paused. Glanced over the group again.
   Her tone back to normal. "Make yourselves comfortable until tomorrow morning. Jorge can handle your payments. Half now, half when the job is done, if that's how you prefer it."
   Jorge opened the room door. Stood by it.
   Then Sharon looked to Gabe. "Gabe, can I speak to you privately, please?"

Zhang listened to the briefing intently. Two major items of note.
   One, the Contact's suspicions were confirmed. Sharon was targeting Reese.
   And two, the Contact had wondered if Sharon was working for someone. It would seem this man known as "The Maitri" was it.
   Zhang was glad that this was the case. Had Sharon been acting alone in targeting Reese, the Contact's orders were for her to be terminated. A simple track and observe job turned assassination. For today, at least, Zhang's hands could remain clean.
   In this case, with the identity of Sharon's employer unknown, the Contact's orders were quite...different. Hard to discern. Now, Zhang's orders were to warn Reese and his men, giving them ample time to prepare a strong defense. But Zhang was to remain close to Sharon. Even participate in the attack, but he was to flee if the battle turned against them. The Contact had said that Reese was ultimately expendable, if necessary.
   Zhang stood up from his seat. Walked out the door that Jorge held open.
   He would warn Reese, as ordered. But not yet. It was too soon.
   Zhang walked to the staircase leading down to the first floor. Intent on heading to The Overlook's bar.

Gawfy

Gabe cracked a smile at Jorge's comment. Say what you will but the man is one hell of a character. 
Gabe then listened closely at the plan Sharon was laying out, and was immediately confused.
He shrugged it off for now but planned on bringing it up whenever he had the chance, and a chance he would have as Sharon called out to him. Yeah sure. He responded. He would follow Sharon to wherever she would deem private before speaking. Maitri, is that Winter's new handle or somthing?

Wrathwyrm

Orc's breath equated to a summer's breeze to Gary Blight, so he didn't so much as flinch at the greenskin's losing battle with halitosis.  The goblin incognito just wouldn't be affected by it, considering that goblins will live virtually anywhere to be rid of pesky humans interfering in their goblin-y lives.  The 'little humie' remained passive and smiling, even as the large orc asked him what business that Gary could have that was unsuitable for the likes of him.

"Oh, there's nothing wrong with you.  Just uhh...don't shout this all over the room, alright?  I merely wanted to get in touch with...my own kind."

Gary was standing in a spot that put his back to the now-empty deck and with the orc blocking the line of sight of anybody else in the room.  He also wasn't talking loudly either.  This was all in effort to show big, tall, and greeny that the gloves he was wearing hid inhuman hands, and to momentarily stretch the mask he was wearing to show that he was in disguise.  The orc would certainly see his yellow eyes more clearly.

"I'm not a humie, I'm a friend.  If you and your friend help me, you'll not only get that fight you're looking for...but alot of money, as well, from pilfering Reese's fortunes."

He had no idea if an orc that large and potentially destructive even cared for money, but he generally had a goblin on his back, and goblins like things.  If he snagged a huge wad of cash for his rider, that would be fine, surely.  Gary waited to see if the orc was interested or not, making sure to replace his glove and such.

Skwint

So that was the plan. It seemed straightforward enough. Infiltration and interrogation were two things Black Skull was good at. As for storming a base? Killing men in their sleep was easy, but a brawl was a bit more iffy. Black Skull was capable of handling a single opponent just fine, but fighting multiple opponents simultaneously showed just how handicapped he was having only one arm. He would have to tread carefully and try to pick off stragglers closer to the edges of the fight. The rampaging orc would make doing so a bit easier.

With the meeting concluded, Black Skull left the inn entirely. He wasn't going to be sleeping there. He was going to camp out in the woods and return at the appointed time in the morning.

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

In the end, the goblin settled with stealing a shiny candle post, as he ran out of the room holding up his loot with his tongue flying hap hazardously out of his mouth and only half the information from the meeting. The goblin hurtled at the orc and so-called human with great speed.

The orc, meanwhile, was scratching his chin in a bit of confusion. "You'z want ta touch ya own kind? Iz don't know wot you'z 'umiez up to all dey, but if ya want ya touch ya touch ya own kind den dere are a lot of ova 'umiez 'ere..."

It took a moment for the rest of the information to reach the orc's conscious. "Oh! You'z one of uz!" The orc boomed, before the part about not shouting it to the room reached his brain as well.

Crouching down, the orc lowered his volume to normal human talking volume "But ya don't look like one of uz? You'z not green, an' You'z skin Iz all', ur, 'umie kolor. You'z surez youz not a 'umie?" The orc scratched his head. Maybe this human hit his head on a rock, or a rock hit it, either way some sort of violent upslapped might have made this human think like a goblin,-ish. Happen to that one orc in the klan, now the orc thinks like a human!

Draconian

Raizel rolled her shoulders. Interested. Confused. This was something much deeper than she was counting on. More interesting. A calculating look to Sharon and then Zhang. Being quiet was key.

Aki gave another look around the room before he made his way back to Raizel's shoulder. Then... The mini-meeting was over. A mob. Some underground Connlaothian mob. Raizel frowned softly, her spine tingling. A nod of her head to Sharon. A quiet understanding.

Then she was out of the room.

Heading towards the bar, intent on finding herself a drink. Because Raizel wasn't about to converse with a green rabid rodent and the strange quiet boy had practically disappeared, she caught Zhangs shoulder before he poofed from her sight completely.

"Is this a common theme in this country?" She asked him, bird tilting his head curiously to the.man. "I thought crime would be low in such a God fearing section of the world."

Valtxr

Sharon smiled a little in response to Gabe's question. "No. Not quite." Then, to Jorge, "Can you get the door?"
   "Alright, then." Jorge swung the door halfway shut on his way out. Poked his head back in momentarily. "Take your time, Sharon. You do got all night, don't ya?" A suggestive wink.
   Followed by an immediate flushing of Sharon's cheeks. "Get. Out."
   Jorge chuckled. But closed the door. Leaving Gabe and Sharon alone in the room.
   A moment as the quiet settled in. Small drops of rain on the windows. Streaking down the glass. The vanguard of the approaching gray clouds.
   Sharon sighed. Put her hands on her hips and looked down and away for a second. It wasn't easy to say this. To dredge up the memories of it and make Gabe relive them, even if for such a short time.
   But it needed to be done.
   "You have to know why I'm doing this. You might already." She looked back up to Gabe. "Back in Cerenis, when I saw those little girls and the hell they'd been through...I imagined Siro could have easily ended up just like them. Maybe not in Deegan's dungeon, but in some other godforsaken place. I couldn't stand the thought of it, and I...I needed to do something."
   Sharon took a few steps. Back and forth by the low table. "That's why I saved Jessos. Well, tried, at least. I wanted her help, but now I have to make do without it."
   She stopped. Hooked her thumbs down into her belt. A familiar stance. "I want to establish some semblance of order in Reajh's criminal underworld. Just killing men like Deegan and Reese won't work; new ones will pop up to fill the power void. No, if you want real, lasting change...you have to take over. Take control. You know as well as I do that as long as there's desperation and struggle and suffering in this world, people will to turn to a vice of some kind for relief. Be that booze or drugs or whatever the hell Jorge is into these days. And if the demand won't go away, neither will the supply. That's just the way the world works. The only thing you can hope for is some level of order and decency in the suppliers, the criminals who are always going to exist. And that's what The Maitri is, and why I'm working for him. He's the order the underworld needs."
   Sharon paused for a moment. Took in a slow breath through her nose. Her stance tensing a bit. Said, "So you know where this is going, don't you? If The Maitri wants to take over, then eventually he'll have to go after Mr. Winters. And Charles built his whole career, his whole life, working for Mr. Winters. If Charles is anything, he's loyal to a fault. Maybe he'd understand why I'm doing this—maybe—but it wouldn't matter. I'm pretty damn sure that Charles won't come around to the idea of switching sides unless it's absolutely clear that Mr. Winter's empire is finished."
   Sharon walked over to Gabe and looked up to him and clapped her hands onto the sides of his shoulders. "So you can't tell him what I'm doing or who I'm really working for now. I'm serious. Don't. Under any circumstances. It'd be dangerous for both me and him. Okay?"

Zhang heard the orc shouting something as soon as he reached the first floor from the stairs. Didn't pay any attention to it. That is simply what most orcs did. Shout. And fight. Little value in either.
   Zhang walked back through the hallway and to the lobby.
   Several of the noble guests of the inn were walking in a wide berth around the orc. Confused as to its presence. The innkeeper at the front desk of the lobby seemed incredibly agitated by the whole ordeal.
   Surely a hint of desperation, or lack of more suitable allies on Sharon's part, to rely on the such a crude creature for aid.
   But someone touched Zhang's shoulder as he stood there. He glanced to his side. The blue-eyed woman. The Adelan. Raizel. And a question.
   "Fear alone seems an insufficient deterrent. That, or the God believed in is either dead, impotent, or callous." A slight pause. "If I had to guess, I would say impotent."

Jorge went right past Raizel and Zhang and the unmistakable Ugdanak and straight into the bar. With the coming storm, a number of the inn patrons were here instead of outside enjoying the sights. Classy joint, this bar, and all the fine folks in it. The kind that didn't very much care for the loud orc out in the lobby or a guy with a burnt mug in their establishment.
   Jorge strolled right up the counter and plopped down some coins from his pocket and grinned at the bartender.
   "Just keep 'em comin', mate."

(((Everybody okay with me prepping a time skip to the following morning next post, then time-skipping in the one after? Could work, but Elekta/Wrath may need a few back-and-forth posts before then to hash out things between their characters.)))

Wrathwyrm

[OOC: Once I feel Gary has either gotten through to them or has to make a hasty retreat, you can timeskip.]

Oh, how did he know he shouldn't have used that expression, or ANY expression, around the orc.  They don't really go for that kind of talk, but Gary had to 'speako the lingo' to get humans to hand over their valuables without much fuss.  The best way was to be dazzlingly dangerous and quick with the witty word.  Still, as the other goblin bounced back into play, he made some progress...sort of.  The orc still thought he was human.  Good gods, this disguise was something else, wasn't it?  Gary quickly removed his mask and showed his goblin-y face for a moment.

"Boo."

Once replaced, and once the orc and goblin had had their reaction, he laid it on the line, speaking low

"I'm Gary Blight.  I help goblinkind and those that help them.  You're after Reese, I think.  So am I.  But I am largely after his gold and valuables to spread among our kind.  If you help me gather alot and keep it away from those humans, there will be much to split down the middle."

Oooh...  An offer to grab loads of goods for a fifty-fifty split, and if either of them had heard of Gary Blight - Big likelyhood for Zaggit - then they'd have good reason to believe his offer.

Skwint

(OOC: I'm good with a time skip. I don't have anything to add until morning when Black Skull can get down to business.)

Gawfy

What? Gabe said confused as the soft pitter patter of rain started to get ever so harder.
He sat down on one of the sofas as he took it all in. His earlier question now answered.
Sharon you remember the raids we had to go on against Deegan right? Hell i dont know what kinda work you had to do for winters but workin as a part timer it was fuckin down and dirty. Now everything has just calmed down and now this "Maitri" character wants to throw more wood on fire.  Gabe shook his head. To think they where just freed from the fighting in the raids,bombs in carriages and all of the blood in the streets.
Still Gabe could not deny she made vaild points. He sat there in silence for awhile before speaking again
Sharon.
Gabe thought back to the Girls they found. Thought back to all the horrible shit his brothers and sisters had to do to stay alive.
Do you really think this Maitri can end all of this horrible shit that goes on in our line of work?
Gabe thought of the men screaming as he killed them in the last raid.
The sound of their bones breaking.
Their Screeches as they realized a blade was going to end them.
All of the men that had died by his hand
Gabe then stood up as he walked back over to Sharon. Shit it was just like her to do somthing like this. First with jumping out of that elf bastard's carriage to get Rains. Now this. Both times ending up a miracle they both lived from it.

Ill trust your judgement. If This maitri can really pull something like this off ill help him with his cause, and you as well.  Gabe said as he stood up. I wont tell Charles either.  He said as she clapped her hands on him. He returned the notion with a hug of his own.
By the way good to see you aint dead, and i plan on keepin it that way
(OOC yeah time skip sounds good)

Elector Count of WAAAGH!

The orc's first instinct was to bring out his fist at the new goblin, but unfortunately it was caught by the speeding Zaggit, as the goblin still clinging onto the candlestand flipped to the side and slid against the floor.

A few seconds later the goblin was on its feet, now a bit miffed about being punched in the face, as it went over to the orc and began yelling at him, banging his newly acquired loot against the orc's armor. The orc in turn began yelling at the goblin, raising his axe into the air and shaking it menacingly.

They only stop yelling when both of them heard the new goblin speak.

Zaggit seemed content after the words gold and valuables, making no comment on the name, but didn't hear anything after that. The orc meanwhile had an objection. "Wot 'bout da fight!?"

Those words snapped Zaggit out of his momentary trans. "Zog, dem 'umies told uz ta stand at 'ere dem two rivaz ar. Told uz dey git us fer da fight."

"Wot!? Wotz we'd do until den!?" Exclaimed the orc.

The goblin shrugged. "We'z kan go see if deer ar anyfin' gud ta stomp in the forezt."

"Huhu, dat a gud idea." The orc said with a low chuckle, before looking back over to Gary. "You'z want in gobbo?"

[Good to go for the time skip.]

Wrathwyrm

The shouting and the commotion seemed to have an advantageous effect on anyone around.  Most people didn't seem to want to get near, what with the goblin and the orc carrying on before him.  It was one of those distractions that was too loud to ignore, but too loud to approach, as well.  It damn-well worked to his favor, at least for now.  So, the alliance had been set, or well enough that they seemed to be okay with his being a part of the attack on Reese.  Good, good...  Now, however, they wanted to go out and find something to kill, wondering if he wanted to be along.

"Why not?  I'm hungry."

He stepped back so that he was getting out onto the deck.

"I'll meet you down there.  I just need to change."

He suddenly leapt up, snagged the overhang for the roof, and was heard to clamber up it, where he would change out of his disguise in relative privacy, back into the normal attire of Gary Blight, no human mask or disguise, just his usual bandit mask.  So yes, he'd be joining Zaggit and Ugdanak in a romp in the forest, talk a bit of business about the following day and the attack, and probably introduce them to his steed, Concord, who would be helping out with the work to come.

[OOC: We can go now.]

Tags: