Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Half-Elf Runs

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2006, 01:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Ah! A new day!" Aradia said even though it was barely dawn. "Yesterday was definately good for me! Now I won't always have to rely on magic though I AM feeling good enough to use some now," she thought out loud with a mischevious glint in her eyes. "Neh, better not, I'll save that for later. Hey! Kaliska! You ready to spar?" she asked, ready and rearing for anything. 'Kaliska probably already stole anything those villagers had with them, oh well, I'll just get this thing filled back up at the next town!' she thought and headed towards Kaliska

ooc: gotta go to bed, I'll be back on tommorow though

Anonymous

What the pack had brought back was two rabbits. After praising the pack, Kaliska straightened and called back, "No, I'll make the stew first. There's a river to your left."

She went in search of suppies and found some. Returning back to their camp, she built a fire using one of those spell-talismans, and chopped up the herbs. Getting a pot from inside the wagon, she began to cook the stew.

Kaliska returned to her wagon, took two wooden swords, and, as she jumped outside, called "Ready to spar?"

Anonymous

'Ahh! A bath! That feels much better," Aradia said as she got out of the river. "Okay! I'm ready to spar!" she called out to Kaliska as she ran over there. "Uh...wooden swords? They look llike little toys. Well, what do I know, I've never sparred in my life! Besides, you're the expert," Aradia said with a smile as she grabbed one of Kaliska's wooden swords. 'This should be fun!'

Anonymous

There were two basic responses to Aradia's enthusiasm. One was catching it like the flu, and one was feeling like retching because of it. Kaliska was feeling like doing the second. She wasn't used to so much energy; after all, things were plain and simple. If you were handing over an item, just hand it over. If you were selling someone's life, just kill them. "Try not to hit me on the head; a concussion would definitely slow our journey down." She frowned, remembering that her left and leading arm was injured. "Which hand of yours is dominant?"

Anonymous

"Ok, so no concussions, is that all? Oh! And I'm right handed, though I can use my left hand pretty well. You look a little sick, is something wrong? We don't have to spar if you're not feeling well," Aradia mumbled, obviously dissapointed. 'Dangit, learning how to weild a sword would have defiantly helped me on this journey when I was too tired to use magic,' she thought with a sigh.

Anonymous

Aradia's enthusiasm had been great at the beginning, but Kaliska was already tiring of it. Sure, she was young and brimming with energy, but in icare-terms, Kaliska herself probably wasn't much older. She consider her options. Aradia had massacred a town(single-handedly, of course, and forced poor, defenceless Kaliska to drive her to Zantaric), so the constables would be quite interested in her. The kind of interest that led to a cozy life in the dungeons with rats. She could bribe the constables for the money. Or she could keep the girl and use her to help market those wonderful fake anti-thieving charms...

With such thoughts running through her head, Kaliska was in no mood to be charitable. And anyways, sparring would hardly improve her temper. Besides, they really should get started with their journey. "Not today, maybe. Let's try to get out of Connlaoth first. We're hardly welcome guests here." she smiled ferally, trying to remind the half-elven that others had magic too in case the earthling had any plans of taking over her wagon.

Anonymous

"Fine. I guess you're right. Let's go," Aradia said as she got back into Kaliska's cart. 'Hmm, I really probably shouldn't trust her. Too bad I don't have a choice. That village can easily send more people, even if it was the women. This sucks! First I'm chased out of the village and now I have to hitch a ride with someone that I don't even trust! Too bad I can't just get over there by magic! Maybe tomorrow when I have more energy,' Aradia thought with an annoyed sigh. She didn't like having to trust others to help her out. It never worked out well, for either of them.

Anonymous

Kaliska was also having second thoughts, but she too had no choice. Well, she did have a choice, but the money beckoned... She glanced sourly at the newly arrived raven, obviously in a terrible temper. "If she wants to starve, she can. I, for one, will wait until the stew is done."

Half an hour later, having quietly ranted everything about that mongrel she could, Kaliska sampled some of the stew, made a face, and reharnessed the dog. Walking by the now moving wagon, she told Anare quietly, "Obviously that snip of a girl's never ridden a wagon before." The merchant smirked. "You just watch, she'll be begging to come out in a short while." Wagons were bumpy rides, and Kaliska's was no exception.

Anonymous

"Ow!" Aradia said silently as the wagon rode over a bump, "Damnit that hurts!" Aradia added with an annoyed groan. 'Who knew wagons could be so painful! But I can't go up there with Kaliska, that lady's starting to freak me out. Not to mention, it's safer back here if anyone stops us. Wait, if they stop us, she might sell me out and tell someone I'm back here! That's it, at the next stop, I'm gonna have to get some new clothes, and then sit up there with Kaliska, whether I can trust her or not. I'm still way to out of it to do such a powerful spell like transporting myself somewhere,' Aradia thought making her desision to travel with Kaliska final, for now.

Anonymous

Kaliska smirked. Another couple hours of riding and the girl's bottom would feel like stone. She could only hope that the girl wouldn't try and take something of hers..."Get in the wagon." she commanded the raven.

He ruffled his feathers and cawed pleadingly, but flew from her shoulder into the wagon, watching the  girl with a beady eye.

Anonymous

Right before the raven had came Aradia was busy quietly rummaging through different bags. "Ohh! Awesome sword!" she said quietly to herself as she picked up a simple but beautiful sword. "Oh, hi. What are you doing here?" Aradia asked the raven as it came in and she set down the sword back where she found it. 'Dangit! And it was such a pretty sword,' she thought sullenly. "Well? Go back to your master. I paid her enough. She should leave me in peace. And if you tell her that, my next meal will be roast raven," Aradia said to the raven as she gave it a cold stare and went back to looking around Kaliska's bags.

Anonymous

Anare refused to go. He cawed warningly as the girl started rummaging in one of the other bags. That one was dangerous. It contained various magical artifacts that had been ordered. He flew out of the wagon to alert his mistress.

Kaliska went into the wagon, seeing the awaited sight of a girl rummaging through her things . "And what do you think you are doing?" She asked, her voice hard as flint and her eyes like two pieces of smoldering charcoal.

Anonymous

"Oh! Hi Kaliska! I was just looking around. I was thinking you might have something that would help me on my journey," Aradia said innocently even though she obviuosly wasn't just looking. "Hey, if you're back here, who's driving?" Aradia asked trying to divert attention from herself even though the wagon was obviously slowing down from where the beasts were about to stop. "So, we gonna get going?" Aradia asked, still trying to get Kaliska to leave.

Anonymous

Kaliska was starting to want to kill the girl. Fists clenched, she vowed to herself that that bitch would suffer terribly. In fact, she thought, I'll drop her in the desert. See if she can still be happy-go-lucky then. "Oh, Aradia." she said sweetly, smiling, "I have just found an easier way to travel. I'd forgotten that I'd had a 'port amulet with me." She picked up a small, plain wooden trinket. "With this," she said, holding it up, "I can take you to the desert city of Zantaric right away." She frowned a bit. "Although, it doesn't work very well close to cities, so you might have to walk a bit east." The bitch probably wouldn't know it, but "a bit" in this case actually meant around fifty miles...

Anonymous

"Really? Why thank you. It's a shame you didn't remember that earlier. Countless lives might've been spared. Well I guess I should get going then shouldn't I?" Aradia said with a look of curious unease. 'Should I trust her? She looks just a BIT upset at finding me rummaging. She has a right, I guess. What if she puts me in an ocean and I down!? Ughh, I hate teleporting. Always have, always will,' Aradia thought remembering when she messed up on a transportation spell and ended up almost on a bed of knives.

Anonymous

"Yeah, well." she shrugged. "They were riding for a fall. In some cases," she added with a spark of mischief, "Literally."

Holding up the "charm", which was in reality just a carved trinket and nothing more, Kaliska muttered some nonsense under her breath and stepped sideways, opening herself a rift into another place. She wondered why she wasn't going to deposit that girl in some other dimension with starving carnivores. "In you go," the trader said with a smug smile, "Rift opened.  Now go in quickly. Maintaining an open rift is hard."

Anonymous

"You sure you won't come? It could be very interesting," Aradia said, hoping Kaliska would say no. She wanted to go alone but thought she should be polite. "Well, if you're not going, in I go!" she said and started towards the rift which seemed to open into a black abyss. Aradia had so many butterflies she was thinking twice. 'Maybe I should just jump out of the cart and run. After trying to steal from her, Kaliska will probably turn me into the police if I stay though,' Aradia thoght as she walked tentavely close towards the rift.

Anonymous

Kaliska stifled a smirk. "Yes, I'm sure; it'll be hard to get the wagon into the rift." A lie, and a blatant one, if she had told it to an icare. But Aradia was not an icare, and she would have no knowledge of the whole deal. No knowledge that the reason it opened into darkness was because it was ten feet above the desert sand at night. It never paid to annoy a trickstress. "Don't worry, the reason you can't see anything is because of the nature of the rift."

Anonymous

"You really shouldn't trust a woman that lies all her life." The voice was soft and came from above the other two. It was easily female, yet something about it was dark.....and dangrous. But if one looked up all you could see is what would appear as the shadows from the trees.

"Yeah, seeing as she is about to drop you off to die in a desert....just thought we would warn you, y'know?" this voice came from right below the other one at the base of the tree. It was the opposite of the other voice. It was male and had a slight teasing/joking voice.

There was a step and a man in his late 20s came into the light. His brown hair fell into his brown eyes and a small smile graced his lips.

"Then again if you still want to go....then go ahead."

There was movement from above and a dark shadow detached itself from the rest and dropped down besides the man. It turned to be a young woman of similar age to the boy.

In fact they were twins....although the only thing that gave that away was thier eyes and other small similar traits.

The girl wore all black, even her hair was that color. Ther ewas a small tatteo below her eye....just one striaght line. Something about the girl spoke darkness....and any got a feeling that they should stay away from her....

And just like people got the need to stay away from the girl, people were attracted to the boy....for he seemed peaceful and kind. Both had fallen silent for the moment awaiting reactions from the two others.

(((Godrules272 said I could join.....I just hope you dont mind Roc *puppy eyes*

and just so you know Lukas is the male and Adr is the female....Lukas' words will always be in white>_^)))

Anonymous

(OOC: Course I don't, though I will pretend to be allergic to dogs... Although Kaliska definitely will. She hates being thwarted...)

She stiffened at the voice. It understood her too well, it seemed. There was danger here, and her raven concurred with a nervous sound. At least he wasn't flying away. Kaliska hid her dismay quite well, considering the circumstances. But then, she had been trained in her dimension. Her hand crept towards her sword. Now why did she sense a nasty confrontation? "Sweet Lady," she said, "Perhaps you should not jump so quickly to conclusions. And besides, I rarely lie." She was, of course, lying.

The voices seemed to come from...up. But there was nothing there, or so it seemed.
"Well, the dropping part is correct," she admitted, "But as you know nothing about the types of magic that I employ, you can hardly assume that I did it on purpose. And anyways, the distance to the ground isn't too far. Only around five feet. A hedgehog could jump it." She added dismissively. It was true; a drop would be too quick a death for Aradia. No, she had intended the drop to irritate Aradia and hopefully break a bone of hers.

Kaliska willed herself to be emotionless, to be stone.  She stared at them steadily, "Greetings and may your days be fine." Naturally, she wished exactly the opposite for they had ruined her sweet revenge.