Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Half-Elf Runs

Started by Anonymous, June 10, 2006, 01:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Adri tilted her head slightly and for a moment she looked almost innocent....almost.

Dont get carried away sister

Dont worry I wont....much

She then smirked and all innocene she might have had was gone, "What's wrong ruin your fun. I'm sorry next time I'll just walk by without saying anything."

She looked over at her brother, "Then you'll have to deal with him.....which for you would be better off." her voice had taken on a tone somewhere between overly sweet and totally rude.

Lukas smiled slightly and shook his head at his sister's words, "Heya now Adri, dont start anything please." His eyes then turned back to the woman, "Please dont draw your sword....I would prefer not having to fight you. As for the magic part....well we know all about magic...no matter where it is from. I also know that you have very good control over your rift abilities. You knew excatly where you were dropping her off. Not very kind I might add." his voice had turned playful, he couldn't help it.

Adri rolled her eyes and her hand fell to her side. A pointless movement unless you really knew the dark haired girl and knew that she carried a sword upon her back underneath her cloak. Just as Lukas carried one at his side.
"You really should stop lying.....I hate lairs.....they make me impatient."

Anonymous

"Uh...well...seeing as two out of three of you weirdos scare me, I'll just listen to the one who doesn't. You! Young man! Would you happen to know by chance exactly what this woman is planning and give me proof?" Aradia asked in an authoritive voice which she inherited from her late father, an elf. 'Who are these weirdos? The boy seems really nice, not to mention cute, but the girl seems almost evil...Well, I'm better off with those two than Kaliska any day...' Aradia thought with a shudder as she backed away from the rift. "There does seem to be something funny about this rift Kaliska, I've teleported before, but nothing like this ever happened!" she yelled at Kaliska.

Anonymous

"Since Your Royal Highnesses seem to know everything, I won't bother explaining." she said nastily, facade almost dropping. She didn't really care if she antagonized them or anything; one small step, and she could be anywhere she wanted, this dimension or that. At the girl's scream, she wrinkled her nose. "No need to shout." She forced a smile and pinched the rift together. Damn. Her revenge was completely and utterly ruined. At least there would be other opportunities.  

Now that her revenge was ruined, Kaliska saw no point in lying. Kaliska shrugged, "Perhaps, but who said I was nice? All I do is try to make a living...rarely a bit more." And yes, that also was a lie. "So what if a couple of innocent people die in the process?" She looked towards Aradia. "And that thief over there is hardly innocent."

Anonymous

Adri glared at the woman moving closer to her brother.
Looks like you have a new friend Luk

You dont sound to thrilled.

Have you ever heard me thrilled?

At the other woman's words he shrugged, "I never said you were....just didn't want some poor person getting caught upin something she would regret."
Adri glanced over at the woman then at the girl, "No one is innocene but compared to you she is....even I wouldnt do something like that."

Anonymous

"Now now! Who ever said I was a theif? Or innocent for that matter? I am what I am. At least I don't pretend to be what I am not," Aradia said defensively but still in a sweetly innocent undertone. "Anyways, I think I should be off. It seems to me that it would be safer if I walked the rest of the way to Zantaric," Aradia said as she jumped down off the wagon and started to walk towards the east.

Anonymous

Lukas smiled slightly, "Well we are heading off East too....care for some company?"

Adri pulled away from Lukas staring at the woman a moment before letting a small smirk cross her lips, "So sorry we destroyed your plans for revenage....I hope you have a better day after this." So Adri was lying for once....get over it,
"Maybe one day we will meet again.....dont hold your breathe though-" She turned to walk away after her brother but then pasued again,
"-Accutally please hold your breathe."

Anonymous

Kaliska said sarcastically, "And I suppose that you are the Guardian Angel, protector of innocence wherever you find it from those such as myself." She took her hand off the sword and stroked her raven.

She smiled coldly, "I am sure you hope to meet me again. So you can skewer me with a pigsticker. Question is," she laughed, "Can you find me?"

Her smile faded as they headed off, and she opened a rift to Ketra. "One day, I will ground their bones into dust. But not yet. There are other matters for me to attend to." Even the death of her enemies was not as important as the chance of making more money.

Anonymous

"Hmm, company?" Aradia said with a funny look on her face, "Well, I wasn't planning on it, but yeah, I guess so." 'Well, Maybe travelling with these people will work out better than travelling with Kaliska. Too bad I never got any sword lessons from it,' she thought hopefully. "See you later Kaliska, maybe. But hopefully not!" she said with a fake smile, "Well, we better be leaving. Are you coming or not you two?" Aradia said and started to walk away. If they followed, they followed. If not, it's not like Aradia cared.

Anonymous

Lukas smiled slightly as the girl walked away and followed. Adri fell in step with hm keeping close to him and she pulled her cloak up to cover her face.

Lukas watched the girl for a moment before decidingto break the silence. He kept a watchful eye on his sister though,
"So we weren't properly introduced. I'm lukas and this is my twin sister Adri."

Adri brokeout of her half-dazed mind set at her name she looked around for a moment much like some one confused then nodded slightly in greetings. Her eyes then wandered off again and she lost track of the conversation.

Lukas' brow furrowed in worry at his sister's act.

You ok?

Hmmm? Oh yeah I'm fine...dont worry....just a little tired.

Anonymous

Aradia turned around and started to walk backwards so she could still talk. "My name's Aradia. I guess I should say it's nice to meet you Lukas and Adri, seeing as you kept me from being thrown into a desert at night and possibly dying," Aradia said, still walking backwards. "So...who are you guys anyways? I know you're names, but not who you are. So please, tell me about yourselves."

Anonymous

Adri's head snapped up at the girl's question she pulled away from the group walking ahead of them Her shape seemed to blur a bit and darkness covered her body making her once again a shadow amongst the light.

Lukas watched his sister then sighed, "It is great to meet you Aradia. Please dont mind my sister, she isn't feeling well. As for helping you think nothing of it...we just dont like it when people use magic in such a way."

He grinned slightly as she questione dhtem, "Well we are just wanderers, I guess it's clear that we have magic though huh?" Lukas rubbed the back of his neck as he watched his sister. She shouldn't be using her magic like that, they both knew it made her weaker.

Anonymous

"Just wanderers? Uh huh. Sure. Look, if you don't want to tell me who you are or what you are, that's fine. Everyone has their secrets. Could you at least tell me why Adri looks so dazed?" Aradia asked Lukas, hoping his carefree attitude would divulge something of interest. 'Though I really shouldn't pry, otherwise they might start asking me questions! It's not like I really want to answer their questions either,' she thought as she faced forward so she would be walking side by side with Lukas. "So, where  are you guys headed anyways?"

Anonymous

He laughed slightly.
Lukas paused for a moment his body becoming tense. Finally he spoke, "She's sick." he said simply.

"We are just wandering around. We have no real home so we just go where we want. Adri mostly likes staying out in the forests....being around others makes her ill."

Finally Lukas  sighed, "As`to what we are...well I'm not quite sure you would understand...but if you want to know I guess I could tell you a bit about ourselves...but you must also tel a bit about yourself...it's only fair."

Anonymous

"Fair? Life's not fair. But I guess it's unavoidable," Aradia started, "Well, as you can easily see, I'm a half-elf, my father being the elf. I ran from a little village in Connlaoeth after using magic to...uhh...TEACH the children there that magic isn't all bad. Then I got chased out, tried to get a ride with Kaliska, and was forced to defend myself when the villagers caught up with us on horses. Well, that's about it. Now it's your turn," Aradia said to Lucas. It wasn't the whole story, simply the most rescent part. No, her story started when she was born for the most part.

Anonymous

Lukas smiled slightly then nodded, "Fair enough. Me and my sister are as you can clearly tell...toal opposites. We are truth be told twins. What makes us different is that we are keepers. I am Keeper of Light and she is Keeper of Darkness." he paused for moment.
"Dont ever let her hear you say darkness is evil...that is one way to quickly piss her off."

He grinned slightly, "Anyways, we were thrown from our village for being 'bad luck'. Which of course was a lie....So we grew up together and leanred to live in the wild. I came here hoping to find help for Adri."
His eyes went back to her dark form worry clear on his face again.

"Cause you see my sister is sick but not in the way you would think. Because she can control darkness and maniuplate it it means that a part of her always remains dark. Everytime Adri uses her powers it makes her weaker and less able to resit becoming fully dark and then turning evil. So i simple terms her own magic is effectively killing her."

Anonymous

"Hmm, keepers huh? If her magic is killing her, why doen't she just stop using it?" Aradia asked Lucas, interested in their pasts. It kept them away from hers. "Oh, and I'd never call darkness evil. Darkness in itself is not evil, it's how you use it. Like dark magic! Now, you said something about finding someone to help her. Who could co that? It sounds to me like the only one can help her is herself by stop using magic," Aradia said, giving Lucas her opinion whether he liked it or not. 'He seemed so calm and carefree at first. But every time he mentions his sister's "illness" a dark cloud passes over his face it seems. I'm glad I don't have to worry about someone else anymore, it's too much stress,' Aradia thought as more flashbacks of her past came to her.

Anonymous

Lukas sighed, "You ask a lot of questions for a theif." he muttered but the grin was still on his lips showing her was just joking.

"As for her just stopping she can't. Keepers can't just stop using their magic....it builds up too much." He paused a moment thinking.

"You're an elf....so you definately have magic. Have you ever not used your magic for a long period of time....and then just fe;lt like you have to you it? That is how it is with us...It's a parodox./......she can't stop using her magic but her magic is the cause of her illness....or I should say the darkness of her magic."[/color
]
He shrugged, "As to who can help her....I'm not quite sure. I was hoping to find some one good at binding dark magic and see if they could twist it around a bit so it seperates the darkness from her body. It isn't a permant fix but it would give her enough time to build up her strength and be able to fight against it more."

Adri had stopped and turned to stare at them. Lukas lifted up his head and made eye contact with her. After a moment a small smile light up his face and you could even see a glimmer of one on his, "Plus if Adri stopped using her magic....I would become unblanced....after all I'm light." When they caught up with Adri she fell in step besides her brother. She had let her magic fall away again but her hood was still up.

"I'm glad you too lovely people are having fun but the sun does set adventually." she said quietly..

Jealous?

No.

Anonymous

"Hmm. okay. I think I understand. Well, anyways, I hope you find who you're looking for, even though you don't know who it is. I just want to get as far away from Connlaoeth as possible, get as much riches as I can, and stay alive," Aradia said as she shrugged her shoulders. 'And become a full elf, but that's not possible,' she added silently to herself, 'Wait, did he call me an elf? Either he can't tell the difference between a half-elf and an elf, or he's trying to make me feel better about like the others who pity us,' she was thinking as she said, "It is getting late, but I'd rather get a little farther before we try and find a place to sleep for the night. Besides, there won't be any safe places to hide it looks like until we get farther ahead and I'm too tired from the day's happenings to use magic to hide us."

Anonymous

Lukas smiled slightly, "Riches eh? Try to make yourself feel better because you can't get what you truely want?"

He then paused and bowed slightly to her, "Sorry that sounded rude. I just know that you think I called you an elf because of two reason when in truth I did it for another. While I dont pity you I am not naive...I know you are a half-elf....but for me they are all the same. A person with Elf blood is lucky and should thank the blessing, although being only half-elf makes your life harder."

Adri watched them both for a moment before sturgging, "You get what you can in life."

Lukas smiled slightly, So did you really know she was thinking about that?

Lukas I didn't spend most of my life silent to make a mistake on a simple reading.

I suppose

Lukas then shrugged as Aradia talked about shelter. "We can make shelter." he said after a while of walking. He turned to Adri.

"Should we subtract then add? Or should subracting be enough?"

Adr finally smile....a true smile. "Both should work. One to ward away any unwanted travels....one to ward away anyone searching for us."

Lukas nodded slightly. "So where should we set up?"

Anonymous

"Whatever. And what the hell are you guys talking about, subtracting and adding!?" Aradia said with an exasperated sigh. 'How do they seem to know what I'm thinking! That's just creepy! I have to focus. Put a wall around my thoughts. They're the only safe haven I have left,' Aradia thought as she put up a barrier around her thoughts and her memorie making it alsmost impossible for anyone to read them. "So, how are you guys going to make this shelter of yours?" Aradia asked with curiousity.