Weight: 6 lbs.
Residence: With Eckhart, but sometimes wanders off
Favorite Food: Red Snapper
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Photo taken by Alexey Sergeev
Character Theme:
Careful What You Wish For

Physical Description:
Belladonna is malnourished, mangy cat. Her fur is matted in some areas and practically nonexistent in others. If you were to touch her belly you'd be able to feel her ribs. Her left eye is permanently scarred from a fight she had with a dog a few years ago.

As she is a cat, most people hear her "speech" as meows. It is only when her master gives her permission to speak with someone that they'll be able to understand her.

Personality:
Belladonna is angry and self-hating, blaming herself for the fate of her former master. She can be very caustic and snarky to people, and she's unapologetic about it. She's also a bit of a feline supremacist, and looks down on humans and other animals for not being a cat. It is incredibly difficult to gain Belladonna's trust, and even harder to earn her respect.

Belladonna does not like to snuggle. Seriously, she'll bite you if you so much as try to scratch her behind her ears.

Relationships:
Belladonna's first master was a young witch named Vanya Osmond. The two were best friends, and they had ambitions to become the worlds greatest healers. Belladonna has become incredibly bitter and jaded since Vanya disappeared.

Her new master is a healer named Eckhart Von Musel. Belladonna thinks he's an idiot.

Magic/Abilities:
As a familiar, Belladonna has access to a few minor cantrips- creating lights, weak telekinesis, basic stuff like that. Her master can also channel their magic through her, allowing Belladonna to act as a third hand if need be.

The area of magic that Belladonna knows the most about is wards. She knows how to cast many different kinds of magical shields and barriers, including some highly advanced ones.

Belladonna can teleport her master to her at will. She abuses this, and will sometimes teleport him just to piss him off.

History:
No matter how many times I try, I cannot retell her story as well as I did the first time I wrote her telling it- so I'll just copy/paste it here.
Spoiler
Quote"How long has it been?"

"Her name was Vanya. She was only eighteen when she found me and took me in." Looking sadly at the dusty old hat, she continued. "When she first bound me to her, we were so exited. So... stupid. We were going to cure the world together, she told me." Looking back at the humans, Belladonna let out a quiet chuckle. "For a few years, all we did was experiment with reagents, trying to find new cures for illnesses. We... never had much luck. When he showed up, offered to give us the remedies we wanted..." Belladonna's voice trailed off before she continued, fur bristling with anger. "Well, how were we supposed to say no?"

"Why didn't I say something?"

"This... being. It never gave us a name, but he told us that he sympathized with us. Wanted to see us succeed. Vanya and I were young and foolish, so we believed him." Belladonna took a look at the hat once more. "We ended up calling him "The Giftgiver". My girl signed a paper in blood, and she suddenly knew a whole bunch of cures that we never would've thought of. They'll apparently only work if the person mixing the ingredients knows what it will create, so we were making remedies that literally nobody else could. We never stopped to think about what happened until Vanya had that accursed dream..."

"I failed."

"Some witches, before they pass on, will receive a dream the day before. Call it fate throwing them a bone. In Vanya's dream, saw the Giftgiver taking her away, and leaving me behind. When she realized what she had done, who she had made a bargain with, she became obsessed with atonement. She knew the Giftgiver was probably watching her, so she had me write down all of the most useful remedies we discovered and leave them in the library for somebody to find, in hopes that somebody else would make good use of them." Belladonna stopped talking for a few seconds, before quietly continuing. "When I got back from the library, she was already gone."

"Why couldn't it have taken me too?"
[close]

Complete Threads (chronological order):

Current Threads:

Tags: