Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

the white wolf

Started by Tally, February 23, 2005, 10:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

Safe and warm within the den, the white wolf sleeps at last...and dreams.

Exhaustion weighs him down into a death-like slumber, and at first he is only aware of vague, unfamiliar shapes ghosting across the surface of his mind. It is like being underwater, his dream-self thinks...being deep underwater and looking up past the rippling, liquid surface at a distorted world.

Scenes rise and sink in his mind, never fulling forming, never giving him anything to hold on to. He dreams of a great stone beast...no, it is a castle. He stands before a castle, courtiers milling about him like brightly-plummaged birds.

But wolves do not belong in castles, and suddenly he is sitting upon a cool grassy slope, no other wolves in sight.  The sun is rising before him, a splendor of pink and orange painting the sky.  Dawn.  Dawn...

It is the pain of sore joints and mending wounds that wakes him.  He does not know how long he has been sleeping.  Long enough for his wounds to scab over and all of his muscles to stiffen up.  He whines when he tries to move, and looks around for the others...there are other wolves here, yes...his mind is waking, remembering, returning to reality.

Anonymous

Ice padded back into the clearing, memories flooding back into her mind. It had been so long since she had been here it was strange. So much had changed, yet nothing at all. Sighing with exhaustion, the silver wolf walked to her familar cave, blue eyes dull.   About to aly down, she stepped back.
"I'm sorry! i did not see you there" she tells the form that is lying in the cave...

Tally

The silence is cold and heavy, as if the world were frozen in ice, and the white wolf's heart sinks a little when he realizes he's alone. But as his mind comes to full alertness, his senses sharpen, and he realizes that it's not totally quiet—birds singing outside, the gentle susuruss of the wind. That eases his anxiety, if only a little.  He's still alone, though, and that is the worst part.

"They must be away," he says, just to fill the air with words. He lays his head back down on his paws and sighs. They have to come back sometime.

Eventually, his eyes close and he dozes for awhile, but a new noise outside wakes him, and his ears flick toward the opening of the den. It sounds like pawfalls approaching the den. Maybe they were back!

But the wolf who enters the den is not Maiko or Pure Magic or Niko. Ah, someone new! The white wolf iches forward on his belly, emerging from the darkness that gathers at the back of the den, and he whines an apology when he startles the other wolf.

"I'm sorry!" he says, his tail wagging and sweeping up dust from the floor of the den. Ah, he feels so much better now that he's not alone here! "I didn't mean to surprise you. Pure Magic brought me here. I'm...well, I don't actually have a name." He feels silly, saying that. He'll have to think of something for the others to call him. "Are you a member of the pack?"

He's so happy to meet someone new that he barely notices his sore muscles and aching injuries. At least all the wounds have closed, leaving his white fur matted with dried blood.

Tally

((Meeeep. I emailed Ice, but no response, so I'm just gonna continue. ^^;; ))

The sunlight lancing down through the mouth of the den pulls at the white wolf's attention, and he slips past the other wolf to poke his head outside. Ah, it's a beautiful day, and the sun feels so warm on his back as he pads fully out, blinking his eyes against the sudden bright light.

Neither Maiko, Pure Magic, or Niko are anywhere to be seen, and he can't pick up their scent either, but they'll surely be back soon. For now, he can familiarize himself with his new surroundings. His joints are stiff, but his wounds were numerous rather than severe and don't give him much trouble as he explores the area around the den, examining every new discovery with wide, curious eyes. There is much time left in the day and plenty to keep him occupied until the others return, and while he waits he can try and think of a name for himself.