Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Recent posts

His jaw worked like a fish before he closed it and let the man finish. At the mention of Theo kissing him, he cocked his head and frowned — he'd quite honestly forgotten all about that, but clearly Theo hadn't. Every other thing he said echoed his own thoughts, and by the time his friend had finished, Fletcher had leaned forward and now peered at the man intently.

"Theo," he grunted. "Is that really what..."

He sighed, groaned, and rubbed his face. "Shit," he muttered into his hands before dropping them to his lap. Behind them, his face had fallen into that haggard look that aged him a decade beyond his years. "Is that what you thought this was about?" he asked. His eye flitted anxiously to the door, then back again. He tried to find some way to explain, but the thing he wanted most to say aloud kept getting stuck on his tongue. "I'm the one who should be sorry," he rasped. "I wanted to fix this. All I did was tighten the leash. And the Baron, I — "

He paused. Swallowed. His eye went wide as he fell back into memory for a moment before pulling himself together again. "Can you trust me when I say that it's not you? That it's nothing that you've done? That it's...him?"
Sirantil Valley / Re: Mirror, Mirror
Last post by MadEmperor - Today at 12:46:08 PM
"Right." Dan nodded. "I think I can convince my parents to look the other way long enough for that to happen."

"Which begs the question of how to contact them."

"Go ahead," Grav answered.

"Then I suggest you brace yourself. I'm told it can be quite intense," Beatrix advised. When he nodded that he was prepared, she placed a hand over his heart and pushed glowing energy into him.

He gasped as his entire body became energized. "Wow... Yeah, I'm not tired now! Woo!"
Draconi Forest / Re: Lost Fledgling [MadEmperor...
Last post by MadEmperor - Today at 12:41:13 PM
Grimr went back to serving his version of stew without voicing his own worries about the eagle's survival. He couldn't return if something ate him. Placing down the two steaming bowls, he took a deep breath. "Well, it smells good. Maybe that'll call him home... Even if eagles don't eat stew."
Hivan Ocean / Re: On Stranger Tides
Last post by MadEmperor - Today at 12:30:10 PM
"Part friends saying farewell, part a friend making sure you know what you're getting yourselves into," Gracia answered. "I'd never forgive myself if you died out there doing something stupid." She seemed to direct that concern more towards the gnoll.

"... fair," Thrax admitted. "That is the odds-on favorite in my death pool."

Gracia frowned. "Not the time gallows humor, Thrax."
The Thunderblacks / Re: City of Stone
Last post by MadEmperor - Today at 12:19:46 PM
Ein nodded in understanding. It was, after all, what birds did. "Ah. I see. We should get closer before we try, though. And perhaps take a moment to rest so we have all the energy we'll need."

"But, you're right, it should get us up there. It's likely what they do."
Niahi Woods / Re: All Creatures Great and Sm...
Last post by MadEmperor - Today at 12:10:19 PM
"And humans are mostly water. That doesn't mean we understand the intricacies of sea life," Ivan countered with diminishing patience. He didn't enjoy sarcasm on a good day and while it was a better day than he had experienced in weeks, it was not a good day.

Then, it hit him that he could no longer count himself among humans in such a way. He, too, was now a creature of magic. Which he could use. "And I'm magical now. I don't have any better understanding of it than I did before."
Sirantil Valley / Re: Mirror, Mirror
Last post by DragonSong - Today at 11:59:52 AM
"I mean, the rebels probably won't want to fight either," Kiara noted pointedly. "They might have...I dunno, escape routes. Some sort of plan in place to get the refugees over the border before the mercs close in."

"Well...I mean, ideally we'll be able to keep you lot safe from these stupid backward laws, so..." Kiara shrugged. "Go for it, I guess?" She glanced at Grav for confirmation.
Draconi Forest / Re: Lost Fledgling [MadEmperor...
Last post by DragonSong - Today at 11:55:33 AM
Lanaya was quiet a moment longer, than gave herself a little shake and smiled at him faintly. "Of course. Of course, you're right. Hero will be back. We can wait another week or so for him..."

They could deal with what happened next then. Grimr obviously didn't want to talk about it, and she didn't want to push the matter until she had to.
Hivan Ocean / Re: On Stranger Tides
Last post by DragonSong - Today at 11:49:53 AM
Hana arched an eyebrow. "What does a mostly social call entail?" she asked warily, easily ducking under Gracia's swat to Thrax's head so she could pop up on the captain's other side.
The Thunderblacks / Re: City of Stone
Last post by DragonSong - Today at 11:44:50 AM
"Ah, right." She chuckled a bit and took a few steps back so she had room to spread her wings. "So, it's this thing some of us do, back home. Before Rosamund did whatever she did to my wings, they weren't strong enough for proper flight--so I'd have to catch air currents to get any real distance."

She tipped her head, eyeing the height of the spire, feeling the chill of the air around them, running half a dozen calculations as she did. "Warm air rises. So if we can just catch a warm current, we should be able to get up there."