Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bone Sword Lost in the Sand [DragonSong]

Started by SkyBlade, July 27, 2018, 04:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyBlade

It was already pitch black. Maybe... midnight?
Well, time did not matter much for him, after all; especially at night...

"The Mist Rower" smoothly oared on the warm waters of the Tuor Ocean, but land was getting nearer.
"Ugh, dragonflies can so annoying be they, aren't they?" he exclaimed with his deep voice, though there were really no dragonflies around - or seemingly any living beings for that matter...

He dropped his oar into the boat and let the force of gliding alone bring him slowly onto the shores of the Yoreiq isles.

He checked his map.

He checked the stars.

Everything around confirmed his presumptions; he knew where he was.

"The Rower" stared into the direction of the jungles. A tropical place like that could be the best spot for finding reagents... he was already starting to run out of invisibility potions, anyway.

And, if he was lucky, perhaps a pirate had buried his treasure somewhere around there, who knew?

"Yes, we cou' fin' somethin' here, I kno', you not have tell me twice..." once again, nothing was around, yet he seemed to argue with the gentle breezes crossing the island in the silence that had been before interrupted only by the soft murmur of the water, together with the distant steps which nobody could have known whether they belonged to a villager or to some sort of forest beast...

"Think I shall tomorro' continue this. Have no time fo' sand an' dragons between those cursed trees to find!" a moment of silence arose then.

"Shut up, said tomorro' I! Shall then see thee!" having said that, he took his sabre and stuck it deeply into the sand with a firm move. Then, "The Mist Rower" proceeded to lean against the interior edge of the boat, while still holding the sword with his right hand.

A very short time passed and he fell asleep...

DragonSong

The ocean was always most beautiful at night. Nani had opted to simply sleep on the beach, rather than return to her village after her late foraging trip. She wasn't worried-- it certainly wasn't the first time she'd done such a thing, and no one ever seemed to mind too much. She expected a simple enough night on the sands and a warm reception in the morning.

She did not expect to nearly trip over another body resting on the beach as she picked her way down the shoreline, not really paying much mind to where she stepped as she'd walked the same path many times before.

"Oh! What in--!?" Muttering to herself, she jumped back, wings flaring defensively.

SkyBlade

Snoring silently in his boat, the mysterious man did not notice nor could he find out the distant steps came indeed from a villager.
The exclamation of Nani barely disturbed his sleep, only making him turn around, thoroughly falling into the inside of the boat, accidentally pushing his weapon inside in the process, too.

He kept whispering, muttering, and stuttering in his dreams, his voice even deeper than usual.

"In the name of Yaqhar, how on Le'Raana cou' there be treasure among this... so-called shamans, eh? N-No you idiot! All these people care 'bout be their herbs, and I shall get plenty o' tho' in that jungles!"

Though "The Rower" would forget it immediately as he would wake up, his dreams told in fact of his hopes for the next day. It started with his initial doubt of finding anything of worth between the villagers and the islands, yet continuing with the sweet surprise of finally being able to spot some precious artifacts he would certainly value...