Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I got lost, but look what I found [ dragonsong ]

Started by SanctifiedSavage, October 11, 2018, 11:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanctifiedSavage

Shura never planned anything. That didn't mean he never left home, though. He was prone to wandering, to waking up into bouts of lucidity that meant, sometimes, he was just in places. Not that he was never himself, he just... didn't always remember. That was probably a better way of articulating what it was like when he rubbed at his eyes and he wasn't actually home.

It was cold but not white or frozen. Not the tundra, but rather something bleak, brown, and foreign. A place he didn't know, though that was pretty much every place that wasn't snow covered. Shura knew Hyoite... and that was pretty much it. He could visit the same city in Adela a hundred times and think it was different every time.

Some places just didn't stick. Didn't matter.

So, this place was new. Bleak, brown, broken, and cold. How he'd arrived, he wasn't sure, but he could guess. Torn clothes, dried blood, and a sense of wariness meant he'd most likely flown. Blood-craft wings could sprout from his back when he had to get away from something, or someone. That he'd flown so far – was it far? – he didn't know, so he couldn't begin to speculate.

Shura simply sat here he was and rubbed at his eyes again, chasing away lingering shadows at the corner of his vision. He didn't have time for them right now. Didn't want to fight, didn't want to talk to them. He was tired. Hungry. So hungry. How long had he flown?

More to the point, he also felt weak. Something ached in his chest, eventually causing him to touch it. An old wound, knit together through bloodmagic. Another use of his gift. He didn't remember it, but he knew what it meant. No wonder he was so tired. And hungry.

Probably for the best he hadn't landed somewhere heavily populated. He'd have likely flown into a crazed, hungry frenzy and tried to sap all the blood from those around him. Though Shura wasn't sure that being... wherever he was... without some source of nutrition was better. Was it? Was it? The whisper echoed and bounced around in his head until he rubbed at his ear.

Not now. He'd deal with that... later. Maybe there'd be some stray lizard or something for him to drain dry. It wasn't perfect, wasn't ideal, not good at all, but it'd suit. It'd work. He'd be fine.

After he sat here a little longer. Give his legs a rest. Maybe even shut his eyes. Then the shadows couldn't pester him while he rested.

ooc

So, I just read up on the curse and I'm actually cackling because now Shura can be crazier than he was before. I mean, he wasn't really in control of anything anyway so.... let's do this >:3
[close]

DragonSong

Well.

He'd been haunting these ruins a long time, but he could safely say that visitors-- aside from himself-- were rare to the point of nonexistence.

Damien stared down at the man sitting huddled in the snow, blinking laconically. "Oi." He nudged the stranger with the toe of his boot gingerly. "You alive?"

[OOC: sorry it's so short!! Had trouble finding my muse for Damien >.<]

SanctifiedSavage

Shura didn't know how long he rested. Time was a fickle creature to him, fluid like sand gripped between fingers. He tried, very hard, to know when was when, but.... He just lost chunks. Or couldn't remember pieces. Like they'd fallen out along the way or he'd misplaced a memory. Carelessly, like a child might a toy.

He'd miss it, too, if he knew to miss it.

Shura opened his eyes, peering up at the one who had touched him. Aware that time had passed, just not how much.  He rubbed at his face and eyes. Maybe he'd dozed off? He certainly felt hungry. Hungry, hungry... An echo in his mind, weak but persistent. Like a song or thought that he couldn't let go of.

Yes, yes. He'd find something to eat. Just... He would.

If he was cold, it didn't completely register. The thin, torn black coat he wore had worked so far. That and Shura rather liked the cold. It made the blood slow and quiet, sometimes. Not as much now, but sometimes. "I... Yes. Are you?" It seemed a perfectly reasonable question.

OOC

No frets <3 Write as much or as little as ya want. No pressure.
[close]

DragonSong

Damien blinked. Almost despite himself, he chuckled. "Well, isn't that the question?" he murmured, more to himself than the man at his feet.

With a quiet sigh he bent down and held out his hand. "C'mon, lad, on your feet. You'll catch your death out here. Best get you somewhere warm, yeah?"

SanctifiedSavage

Shura wasn't sure what was so amusing. Was there a joke he'd missed? He frowned up at the stranger – trying to figure out if he was real or not. Most of the time, if someone didn't vanish when he looked directly at them, they were real. Really real.

But he hadn't answered is question either. That didn't really bother Shura. He'd likely forget he'd even asked it given enough time and it wasn't particularly important, was it? He actually didn't know.

He eyed the hand a long moment. Take it. Go on. Fine, fine. He took the stranger's hand. Solid. Good. Progress. At the mention of somewhere warm, Shura actually looked around them again. Taking stock of where he was, because he didn't know where that was. How'd he get here again? And he was hungry. So hungry. Impulsively, he asked as he stood, "Do you have something to eat?" before he added, absently, "My name is Shura."

Of the few things he would always know, it'd be his name. They'd picked it, after all.

DragonSong

The revenant gave him a shrug and a regretful shake of his head as he pulled him to his feet. "Sorry, nothing really on me. I know somewhere you can rest though, out of the wind at least. And...I dunno, maybe I can scrounge up something."

SanctifiedSavage

Shura glanced around once more, expecting something to seem familiar. When it didn't, he frowned a little but didn't seem overly put out. His memory was spotting at best. Here was probably better than wherever he'd been before. At least, he'd thought so before he'd... forgotten.

When the odd stranger offered a place he could rest, that seemed fine to the bloodmage. Especially if there happened to be food there too. With his energy recently exhausted having arrived... wherever this was... he couldn't even hear any calling of blood nearby. So, it was like he was deaf. Senses dulled and numb to the things around him. Not the first time, but it made Shura feel handicapped.

"Lead away," he murmured, wrapping his arms around himself. It wasn't just the cold, necessarily. He was hungry.

@DragonSong

DragonSong

"This way." Damien turned and began trudging off through the snow, glancing back over his shoulder every once and a while to make sure the stranger was keeping pace.