Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bloody Tourists! (june)

Started by Saber-Five, July 19, 2019, 01:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber-Five

The tears of the heavens poured down upon the island with thunder roaring above. As the trees were pushed back by mighty winds a lone figure staggered on a small trail. With heavy steps the stranger forced herself forward amidst the storm. Gods where am I? Meeta Nefertiti thought for the tenth time in a row.

Earlier today she was back in Essryn resting in a tavern room. Next thing the ex-slave woke up to being in the middle of a jungle of who knows where. Fortunately, the ongoing storm wore off any predators that lurk about. However, Meeta was fatigued and freezing while seeking shelter half of the day.

The continuing rain had completely soaked her cloak. "Need to find shelter." Meeta whispered to herself, trying to stay awake. While it would be simple just to hide underneath tree it would leave her stay vulnerable to beasts. No better to seek an empty or some kind of settlement.

Suddenly Meeta dropped face first to the ground. No stay awake you fool! Stay awake...

Too late the Essryni's vision became dark, and she slipped into unconsciousness. Soon enough the storm lessened with the rain and winds dying down.

kash

Swinging from vine to vine with her trusty wooden sword in her right hand, Lola Loki was the Princess of the Jungle. The Princess was on a hunt today and was looking for a fresh pig or two to take back to her people. Despite the dangers lurking around in all corners, she needed no one to accompany her; whether she was facing lions or snakes in this vast island jungle, her exceptional athleticism and survival skills would ensure she made it out in one piece.

She happened upon a woman who lay unconscious in the middle of this jungle - one who looked, like herself, to be foreign. Lola Loki was a fiercesome hunter, but, as per the Yoreiqi teachings, she had nothing but love for other people. She hoisted the woman over her shoulders in a fireman's carry and made her way back to her tribe's encampment in hopes of saving this woman's life.

Once she reached the tribal encampment, she brought the woman over to a medical tent for examination. The unconscious woman was given a bed thatched out of animal hide and a few medications. Lola Loki was a compassionate woman and would stay by her side until she awoke.

Saber-Five

The next morning Meeta stirred. Groaning she opened her eyes, seeing the roof of a tent. Alarmed the ex-slave sat up but only to see a younger woman next to her. The Essnryi stranger stared at the native with great caution. Moments later she finally asked in the trader's tongue.

"Who are you and where am I?"

If Meeta didn't like the answer, there is going to be trouble. She can be very stubborn when it came to the threat of being a slave again.

kash

The stranger asked her a question in the Trader's Tongue about who she was and where they were. Lola Loki, living in a coastal tribe that interacted often with outside merchants, had familiarized herself with the common language that was spoken in the outside world, enough to understand and answer her question.

"I found you lying unconscious in the depths of the jungle, stranger," Lola replied, "I brought you back to a medical tent in our tribe's encampment. We belong to the Yoreiqi people, and we will do anything to ensure your swift recovery."

"My name is Lola Loki, and I am known here as the Princess of the Jungle," she continued, "Could you tell me something of yourself, stranger?"

Saber-Five

For a moment Meeta stared at the Islander, as if she grew a second head. Yoreiqi! How this is possible? She thought in great puzzlement. This was not the first time Meeta had found herself in a far away land but when that happens it caused a great deal of complications.

Well, she didn't know much about the Isles other than gossip some sailors mentioned. Although it sounded like the people were at least welcoming of outsiders. I'll take it if that is true. Instead of airing that opinion Meeta bowed her head and said.

"Thank you for your kindness. I'm in your debt."

Pausing at the self-proclaimed Princess Lola, the ex-slave replied. "I am Meeta of Essryn. Before you ask I have no idea how I ended on this island."

kash

"No idea how you got here?" Lola paused and then pressed her nose and forehead up against those of the other woman, greeting her in the typical Yoreiqi fashion, "In any case, it's nice to meet you, Meeta." She then pulled away with a warm smile. Such a greeting was a symbol of the close bond that the Yoreiqi people felt with others, and it could sometimes come as a surprise to foreigners who weren't used to such an intimate greeting.

"There are many traders from outside who come to these parts to barter their goods for the fruit of the jungle," Lola added, "I'm sure we can find you someone who can take you back to your country."

Saber-Five

Needless to say Meeta was expecting a stranger to suddenly press their noses and foreheads together. Shock flashed her widened eyes before calming down seconds later. This Lola is pretty friendly to someone just met. Are all islanders like this? Meeta couldn't help but wonder to herself.

Focusing on Lola's offer, the ex-slave remained silent considering her options. On one hand Essryn was home to Meeta for better or worse. Yet on the other the Yoreiqi Isles may prove interesting. Making a silent decision she looked back at the Jungle Princess and said with a polite smile.

"I'm no in rush to return back there. If your people are fine with it I would like to spend some time here."