Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello...

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2006, 06:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Oh! Well, what do you know: I'm new!

I found the link to this site in Wikipedia's article on pbp roleplaying, and wasn't disappointed upon clicking it. From the looks of things, you people have yourselves quite an operation running here - a singular yet diverse setting in which one can create just about any type of character. Very promising!

While I've yet to introduce a character of my own as of yet, I certainly have an idea of what I want to do and where I want to do it. The only problem is getting my lazy fingers to take the initial leap of faith in creating my own introductory thread (something I've chosen to do on my own; I read that it may b easier to join in a thread in progress, but...).

I'll more than likely lurk about a while longer before I decide to commit to any active roleplays...but, if all goes as planned, expect alot from me in the future!  :)

It's a pleasure. I'm sure we'll get along great.

Anonymous

Welcome!

It's true. We have a lot of fun here. Some would say too much fun. *leaps towards Gnosis with a sharpie, writing "Property of ZMW" on his forehead*

Take that Moosts! Mine is an evil laugh!

Ahem. Anyway, sounds like a plan. I'm looking forward to your posts!

Anonymous

May I ask, in general, how much traffic this site recieves on a daily basis? How much of that traffic actively posts?

Anonymous

Generally around 30 people log on per day, but quite a few less post... I haven't actually been around that long, so it's hard for me to tell. I'd guess there's about 5-10 people who post pretty regularily, and then most other people do it whenever they have time. It really does depend on the kind of plots going on.

Rhindeer

Yup, Zen's estimate is pretty accurate, methinks!

The school months are a bit slower. Once it hits spring and summer vacation, though, it picks up a lot. XD Basically, it's a pretty laid back site, and while some people may have a lot of stuff going on in their outside lives, the fanbase is dedicated (and everyone is wundaful <3). That makes up for it in my opinion.

Whoaz...you found us from Wikipedia? o__o *goes to look for the article XD*

Anyway! Welcome, and take your time! Don't be afraid to make that leap of faith--getting involved in a thread right away is a bit easier, but I put that suggestion in there mostly to help the less experienced and more impatient (as in...people who would join the site, make an intro post, then vanish into oblivion when no one answered their post within an hour after they'd joined XD). So I wouldn't worry; you'll do fine, and introducing yourself like this is the best way to meet other members and find people who'll be interested. ^__^

>.> I'm already very interested, myself...

And, as protocal demands... *hands you a battle axe* Use it wisely. You'll likely see what I mean soon enough, when the other crazies start pouring in.

Bwahah...and Zen...better run fast when Emoosts gets here.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

THAT'S IT! I CONDEMN YOU TO SERVE THE RABBITS FROM HELL!

*chases Wally with Trusty Frying Hammer and a pack of wolves* *veers over to Gnosis to quickly scribble over the claimage with black sharpie then duct tapes a piece of poster board there and scribbles "OFFICIAL PROPERTY OF EMOOSTS"* *resumes chase of Wally*

And Welcome! =D

Anonymous

i'd be a very regular poster, but for some reason, all my threads grind to a deafeningly screeching halt.  see that list of charries in my sig?  like, four of them are moving.  /cries   :cry:

because of this fact, i recommend you pm the person(s) you want to jump in on first.  some threads are closed by preference to anyone not originally posting there.  i've seen people leave the site after being asked politely to leave a thread they spontaneously chose.  it's never malicious or anything, but i think it just breaks the spirit of the noobs or something.  it's not that we're trying to scare people away, but a really big percent of people who join never stick around after the first week for some reason, even though we really do like the fresh meat, rather, fresh ideas.

Rhindeer

*pokes the older members*

Remember, folks--if your thread is closed: post that fact in the subject line of the first post, so it's nice and blindingly visible! If you don't do that, it's considered open, whether you consider it open or not. ^_~ Just a friendly reminder, because people can't be blamed for jumping into a thread if it doesn't specifically say it isn't open. And if you don't make that fact nice and clear...it is kind of rude to then tell someone who joined in, thinking it was open because they were mislead, to leave, however politely.

<3

All of my own threads are open. XD

Also...if a thread grinds to a halt, and you want to keep your characters in motion--you are allowed to post elsewhere with those characters, be in two places at once, so to speak. ^_^ It's acceptable, especially if you take timelines into consideration. (I.e. the new character interaction is taking place sometime before or after the paused thread).

Just suggestions!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

*blindly swings his newly-recieved battle-axe in wide circles in a half-hearted attempt to decapitate his pursuers*

Um...like that?  :?

Xellos, I can certainly relate with what you said. While I'm optimistic about the disposition of this site's posters, I can understand that a relatively unknown character hopping into the middle of a bustling RP can really throw a wrench in it's gears. I want to start my own plotline so I don't run the risk of interrupting others.  :)

It's still in the works, of course, but I'd love it if any of the posters in this thread would take a look...once it's posted, that is!

You've definately made a good first impression.  :wink: Perhaps I'll like it here.

Anonymous

^___^ Another new person! *Tackles* Right on. Blah. Sorry, normally I'd be teeming with joy and excitement but Mondays suck, and I had a crappy day. >.< Long story short, my anthropology/sociology/philosophy professor needs to choke. ^-^;

Argh. On a brighter note, welcome. ^__^

Anonymous

I promise I'll look! *has been distracted from chasing Wally by a pair of scissors*

And you better like it here. Or else! *nodnodnod*

And, wooohoo. Yeah. I don't have much too say. I can't really remember anything previously said in the other posts. Woot. Too much sugar. *blames ice tea* *trots off*

Anonymous

;p i tend to make better first impressions in writing than in person.  /is hard to read cuz his facial structuring when bored makes him look angry for some reason

anyway, i'll be keepin my eyes on you  :shock:  all two of em!  i love me a good plot.  i have a character open at the moment in the echoes board.  i also play a really good villain, though i try to restrict myself to very few.  if i do it for too long, it starts to warp my mind.  /cringes  i'll be waiting to see what you've got to offer, my young friend. :D

and who is that in your avatar? they look tantalizingly familiar.

Anonymous

Hmm...I introduced my character in the proper section.  :) It's not very detailed...not yet...but I still plan on creating a character profile and presenting an RP proposition to the forum in general, so be patient.

But, as far as my avatar goes, I nabbed it off of this site:

//http://fmc.animecity.nu/IconBar/~LIST/

...It's an illustration by an artist calling themself "Hinapon", and I just thought it looked great. Not from an anime, I'm afraid.

Anonymous

*Walks in late and is nearly ran over by Emoosts chasing Wally then almost has her head cut off from Gnosis.*

Gosh guess that's what I get for being late....*Sigh*

Hello Im well.......................I dont know who I am any more.......
*Depressed look*

I see you have already been owned.....Emoosts does that mean we aren't allowed to eat Gnosis?????? Or will you share?

Im the sane one here just to tell you.....although wait until you meet some of the others.....Would you like a striaghtjack????? Arcangl has pink ones I do believe. *Grins*

I can't wait until you make a post.............I can probably steel Adrianna away from  and Tatci's character. You would like her................OR!!!!!!!!! I could steal Miri away from Emoosts..............*Giggles* I dont think she would like that though.............

Anyways.....................I think I should go laid down again. I had a tiring day......those stupid people in white suits kept chasing me around today. It was fun for the first half an hour...watching them fumble over themselves but now its boring.....*Walks away still talking about the men....*

Anonymous

Hey welcome! *dodges swung axe*
Erh yeah be careful with that *drops sharp fork* Hehe how did that get there?

*decides to make a time machine to be the frst to eat... I mean, greet new peeps. ^^;*

Anonymous

For the sake of information, my skin secretes a powerful hallucinatory toxin when I'm threatened...I'm certainly not on the menu tonight.  :wink:

Anonymous

LOL. All the more reason to eat you. *pats Gnosis on the head*

Can I call you Noogie? Or Iggy? I like Iggy. I'm going to call you Iggy.

YAY! *likes this bit of renaming people*

Anonymous

LOL *licks Gnosis-now-renamed-Iggy-by-emoosts*
Mmmm...hallucinatory toxin...