Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Only Humans Break Easily (Kila)

Started by Anonymous, February 27, 2011, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((YOUR ALIVE!!!! XD It's fine, I figured you got busy. Glad your back though))

Talamaris was oblivious to his amusement of her fascination; that was another flaw with selkies, once something caught their attention it took forever to get it back. Oh but if only he could feel the way it warmed her skin, the way it gave off a pleasant hum, gawk at the complexity of the magic within. It was a prize indeed.

Noticing the quiet of his voice, the girl looked up from the ring for the first time in minutes. "You took it from him." It was not an accusation nor a question, merely a simple statement. Murder never once crossed her mind as she abhorred the very thought of blood, but she didn't just think someone would give away anything so valuable.

This thought infuriated her suddenly, why was it that people felt the need to take things that weren't theirs?! The ring slipped through her pale fingers as she pulled away from the man. Anger made her black eyes darker and she turned on her heels to walk away. It was because of this impulse to steal that she was stuck here, and - inhuman or not - she couldn't condone to someone stealing at all.

Talamaris was just sad that someone as nice as Kenan could be capable of such an act.

Anonymous

[[bah! sorry it's so short! i'm just so braindead it's sad... I'm open to plottage suggestions. XD]]

He flinched inwardly at her comment. While it was true he didn't exactly steal it, as he was sure that was what she was thinking, neither was she very far off. For some reason he had a hunch it wouldn't pay to try to explain it, and he didn't feel like trying. So he simply tucked the ring back into his shirt after she pulled away and was prepared to leave.

That's okay. It was probably best this way. He didn't like to stick around anybody for too long, anyhow. This saved him having to sneak away or make excuses to leave.

Anonymous

((It's completely alright =). As for plots, Tala can try to press him into helping her, ignoring the fact that he likes to be alone.))

The waves lapped at her ankles, inticing her to just jump in. Pleading her to stop wasting time and not worry about a trivial thing such as her seal skin; she could keep swimming till she died, completely exhuasted with a smile on her face. No, human arms and legs couldn't take her to the depths where other selkies froliced. That was where she longed to be.

If only... Perhaps-...

"Would you help me?" Talamaris turned back to the former angel. The selkie's pale face was smooth and devoid of anything but calm, though her eyes pleaded and begged. "Perhaps you might release some of your own burden by helping someone else?" That someone being her.

Even if they never found her skin... maybe he would find someone else to help. To Kenan, it might feel as though he had atoned some for failing the boy.

Anonymous

[[that works ^-^]]

Aw, no, she didn't...

Kenan stopped when he heard her speak but didn't immediately turn around. He had been hoping she wouldn't ask that question. And to be honest he was surprised she did after the clear anger he sensed from her not a moment earlier. It wasn't like he didn't sympathize with her for being stuck where she didn't want to be - but he didn't know the first thing about locating a selkie's stolen skin. Where the heck did a person even start?

And yet...well...it would be a refreshing reprieve from this mercenary work... A certain part of him wanted to keep walking and pretend he hadn't heard her. But a more prominent part that hated solitude soon won out.

With a quiet sigh, he eventually turned enough to face her again, though his expression was rather flat. "I won't make any promises..."

Anonymous

((K, if you think of something else you don't even have to ask. =) Just go for it))

He said yes! The selkie's smile hadn't been near so grand in days, months even! "Thank you! I understand if even you cannot find it, it just means a lot that you're willing to help." It was as though the girl was blind to his not-so-near excited face.

"In return," she continued merrily, "Should you ever need a favor from me then you shall have it." This was amazing! To think that a day could start out so forlorn and just perk up in a matter of minutes.

Talamaris collected her meager belongings and quickly caught up with the angel. "Where to? I've mostly wandered so I have no preference for where to begin." For someone who hadn't the faintest idea on where to begin looking, she was quite happy.

Tags: