Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bit More Than It Seemed

Started by Juno, December 14, 2011, 10:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

There was nothing all that unique about this day, as far as he thought. Today was a day of leisure, though he figured he'd have to go find something to eat at some point. But for now he was content with lazily swimming about, watching the various fish below as he swished his tail just the slightest every now and then to keep him moving.

The sun above cast fainter rays of light to these depths, but Kanoa thought it was just right, just the right amount of light for him to still see and hopefully not be noticed much by other creatures. He was a fairly solitary creature, but really only by personality. Today seemed perfect for him, so far, and he meant to keep the momentum going, to have a fairly carefree day.

Even though he wanted something, though, he wasn't quite sure he would get it today no matter how determined he was. As a creature of the sea, he sensed something different. Not unusual, really, but a presence he wasn't sure he'd known before. It was cause for a few cursory glances and nothing more, but he didn't know that he'd needed to be looking a bit more closely.

Anonymous

A magical device to track a magical device... That sounded redundant. How aggravating. She grumbled at herself as she darted through the open water, swift and in a fluid motion, tendrils and tail flapping softly behind her, propelling her in a squid-like motion, Humanoid to a degree, the blue and white speckled young lady swam swiftly, dressed in a reddish pink skin tight outfit, decorated with frills. Out here in the ocean, she was free, unhindered by the presence of others, and she could act with her natural abilities.

What was going on?? She stared at her pulsating device. She wasn't getting much closer. And it wasn't staying in the same place. She pondered a moment then. WAIT...someone-no, someTHING much have it! How incredibly unusual. Highly unlikely, she thought, until she debated why it was so hard to find in the first place. It must have somehow attached itself to a sea creature. That had to be it! She decided and sped up, heading to where the signal was strongest.

Having been hindered by one of her many curses, she was behaving a bit rash, her body forced into what appeared a younger age, and affecting her mental maturity, as well as restricting her powers. She was annoyed and it showed a little in her tired eyes, just before she spotted something in the distance. She also noticed she had ascended. She was no longer near the ocean floor, but near the surface. Upon making out the large and possibly dangerous shape, she shifted, changing direction and keeping away, hoping it didn't notice her smaller self in return.

Crap! That had to be it! She growled softly at herself and looked around. There was not place at all to hide up here! Great...what a time for her abilities to be restricted! She had to do something though. Quickly, she hasted a shrouding shadow over herself, cloaking her presence before slowly making her way toward the large creature. A dragon?? Down here?? She twitched. Great...just great! Crimson eyes glared as she got dangerously close, hoping to not get spotted while she looked for it along its body. Where was it? Grr! It was most definitely here, her radar said so! Something wasn't right, and the magical vibe the dragon gave off made her spine shiver.

Juno

It was still there, that odd presence he'd been feeling. Grumbling and lowering his head to snake about in the water, Kanoa was sure something was amiss. He was beginning to feel like he should head for land, get out of this strange-feeling area.

Ah, but then he saw something. While cleverly shrouded, her disguise couldn't hide her from him, his magic enough to see through such things at sea. It caught his attention, too, that she seemed to be carrying something and well aware of him there. He swished his tail a bit, ready to bolt if she attacked in any way.

Who are you? Twisting his neck around, he bumped her with his snout, looking her in the eye. And what is that thing? What do you want? He showed a mouthful of teeth for good measure, though he had no intention of using them unless he needed to.

Anonymous

Oh my, he was a moderately large dragon, wasn't he? She swallowed and overstepped her boundaries, wandering dangerously closer as she searched. Where the heck- She blinked when his face came around and practically floated there like a dummy, thinking 'what's he do-' but before she could even finish her thought, she was literally bumped. The kraken girl let out a muffled squeak beneath the water and her shroud faded as she clutched her tummy. Crap! Her eyes were wide with panic as she was confronted and her tendrils flapped forward to quickly scoot her backward in reaction.

~W-whot?~ she thought. ~w-wait!-~ she thought again, quirking a brow, realizing she was being spoken to. ~thas en invasion ov privacy!~ her mental voice squeaked huffily before she knew it, and blinked at him as she floated downward, calming herself. It sounded quite and unusually adorable. ~Thing?? Oh! U-um Wull, es mine!~ she quickly tucked it back into the opening in her dress, the chain around her neck sinking into her bountiful cleavage as she blushed at him awkwardly. Clearly, she wasn't expecting to not be bitten in half immediately.

~I'm wull-~ she paused. ~Y-yu...um wull...I sortov noticed yu...are liek de only thing that looks liek...wull...'yu'?~ She responded without thinking. ~I wuz curious...!~ she added, floating idly as her tendrils and tail wiggled while she twiddled her fingers, eyes drifting away. This kraken girl was something herself. Talk about unique. She was also uncommon to this world. Those iridescent crimson eyes then peeked back at him. She was a young lady of sorts, and those long ears tipped back, expressing her sudden intimidation of his size and shape, being caught so suddenly.

~Uh-I em Skrylet...! Pleased tu meet yu!~ she rambled on, bowing politely, brining an over-sleeved hand to her mouth, covering it idly as she gave him another curious look-over, before those rubies found his eyes once more. ~I guess yu could sey I em lost.~ she mumbled, calming a little and looking at him sweetly with that alluring gaze as she slowly drifted lower into the water, still well within his reach. ~so...this es whot a dragon looks liek up close...?~ she went on, smiling a cute little grin at him and giggling. Taking another breath, she dare swam closer, slowing off her fluid and incredibly flexible form just a little as she lingered to one side, getting a look at his profile timidly.

That bluish blush darkened again as her orbs peeked back at his watching him watch her suspiciously and continuing to look incredibly harmless. She had no idea what she was doing really. She was toying with death at this point, but truly lost herself in stupor, her curiosity getting the better of her as that mind wandered.

Juno

It was interesting to watch how she tried to distance herself from him, but he was large enough in his current form to be able to easily close the distance. He didn't miss that she'd slipped whatever it was away from sight, but he wasn't going to press her for it right away as he didn't think it was any sort of weapon.

She sure wasn't one to sit still though. Kanoa found himself twisting his neck every which way to keep an eye on her as she drifted around. Eventually, though, he just turned his whole body to face her directly.

He wasn't sure if she was really lost or not, but it was interesting to watch her as she talked on. Skrylet...hm. I'm Kanoa. He moved his head closer to her, nosing at her clothes. What's that thing? You put it away... Is it something I shouldn't see? Her giggling caught him off guard, though, not having heard anything like it in a while. Well, yes... I am a dragon.,.

Kanoa looked up toward the surface, then raised his head to point with his snout to her left. Y'know, the shore's that way if you're looking for land. Then a glance at her tendrils again. Or maybe you aren't looking for land.

Anonymous

~Kanoa?~ she responded, a small meep escaping her when he nosed her. ~Thing?~ she repeated. ~Oh that-es a compass sortov...I em not familur weth thes...um...world...I guess yu could sey.~" she mumbled, eyes locked on him warily. ~Es broken...en speshul tu me...I em heving a hard time finding my wey...~ she confessed innocently. ~En I found yu...!" she pointed out, a tendril hand pointing at him as she kept her real hands close. ~Mm, no...I em not looking fur lend enfect...~ She answered. As she conversed further, her accent would become apparent.

She was quiet then, just looking at him with almost childish interest. ~I think I em the only one ov my kind...!~ she blurted. ~please du not estinct me...~ she asked politely. A tendril pointed down then. ~I kem from darkness...~ she went on softly. ~Past the bottom even...!~ she had a hint of youthful excitement in her tone, but clearly tried to behave like a lady. ~Es quiet...out here...en the vast waturs. I liek et...but I also du not...!~ she explained. ~I did not know dragons lived en the ocean...! Why es someone liek yu out here, Kanoa?~ she asked with a cute expression.

~I bet yur lonely out here tuu...~ she pointed out in a gentle tone. ~Yu hev wings...why du yu not fly away?~ she seemed interested. It was obvious she was still afraid to move to quickly, and that she tried hard not to. She could be quick when she wanted to be, but right now, she felt like he might not like if she 'explored' him too much. One of her long earflaps flickered then, that hand finally lowering and showing the bottom of her round face again, and those full dark lips. She smiled a small smile for him, and it was a smile that could be felt, almost enticing even.

~Do...I frighten Konoa tuu...?~ She then asked, speaking his name in third person, and sounding a little like she was self conscious about her appearance. She still smiled for him, seeming like she tried not to let it bother her. This was awkward. She wasn't sure what to do. She was sure he had what she wanted, but there was no way she could get it without playing her cards right.

Juno

He snorted bubbles in the only laughter he could produce in his natural form when she asked him to not extinct her kind. She sure did like to talk, or was just nervous, but he didn't think it was a bad thing since he wasn't usually one to jump at the chance.

Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you or anything... I guess it is kind of lonely sometimes, sure, but this is just where I live, mostly. He unfurled his wings a bit, grinning a toothy grin as he showed off, moving in a lazy circle around her. I can fly, but I'm sort of tied here. The water. I can't go away from it for very long, you see.

Her smile was indeed charming, a sight he rarely ever got to see. Though there was something off about it, like she wasn't exactly being sincere. You don't frighten me, no. Do I frighten you?

Anonymous

She shied up a bit when he laughed and showed his teeth again, laughing nervously in return. Those bold eyes lit up when she watched him spread his wings, awestruck at the sight of it. He circled her then, and she felt even more like the prey, but she listened to his words. She calmed when he said he wouldn't hurt her, but his size and shape still made her uneasy. ~tied tu de watur?" she blinked, spinning to follow him with curiosity in her gaze. ~thet sounds incredibly lonely...!~ she commented with sympathy.

She blinked those crimson eyes again when he asked her now. ~Erm...yus-wull...en a way-Kanoa es quite intimidating, yus.~ she mumbled, nodding bashfully. She pointed so some of the faint scares around her thighs and the one in particular across her right eye. ~I em not very big compared tu de creatures ov de sea...es Kanoa ken see, yus? I em usually de prey...~ she still smiled a kind smile at him in her confession, tendrils flapping softly to keep her in line with his rotation around her.

~so, Kanoa kennot leave de watur?~ she changed subjects, randomly asking him with more curiosity. ~Es Kanoa's requirement tu live?~ she guessed cleverly, behaving very gently. ~so...whot does Kanoa du...all by himself...out here...all alone all de time...?~ she asked with concern for him. ~There es no other liek Kanoa?~ she asked with a hint of possible interest. She wondered if he had the slightest bit of interest in her as well. This was quite the predicament.

Juno

He would've chuckled if he could have, at her seeming innocence and the curious fear she obviously held of him. He could certainly understand that he scared her, though, being a large dragon and all and their differences in size, but he figured he would be about the same as her if he shifted to his human form.

Kanoa's bright eyes flickered to the scars she indicated, frowning a bit on the inside at the sight of them, though he knew not how she'd gotten them. But then she began talking again and he watched her curiously, still swimming around her.

No, I can leave if I want, but it's uncomfortable to stay out for too long... I get dehydrated easily, I guess. It was the easiest way to explain it to her, not wanting to confuse her too much with how intimidated she seemed. I guess you could call it a requirement... But I'm mostly just exploring, checking out the ocean...it is a huge place. Sometimes I travel on land, too, but not as often... And I'm not too sure about others. I never see my kind if they're out here, but I had parents somewhere, I suppose...

Stopping with the circles, he turned himself around to face her again. What about you, Skrylet, hm? What are you up to if you're alone out here?

Anonymous

Circle, circles, and more circles. She spun with him and nodded to his explanations. ~I see. Oh? Esploring??~ she only grew more interested as he went on. Just what was he checking the ocean for, exactly? She wondered about this, and hoped they weren't after the same thing. ~Mm, yus, I suppose...I would hev parents tuu...!" she nodded, agreeing with this cutely as she idly spun with him.

~Whot-~ she cut herself off when he stopped and faced her again, tensing warily once more, tendrils giving a little wiggle before relaxing as he approached. ~...Whot es Kanoa, esploring fur?~ she asked right when he asked. This made her quiet down, blushing more and letting him finish. ~M-me??~ She twitched, thinking back on it. This was an interesting question, but strangely, the first thought in her mind was 'was he flirting?'. No, it couldn't be, He was a dragon! That'd be awkward. And suddenly, she pictured little dragon-kraken babies.

Cheeks darkened again. ~Eheheh...Me? Um wull...do I hev tu be alone tu be up tu sometheng...?~ she asked, awkward about the question and fiddling her fingers again. She peeked up at him, smiling sheepishly. ~I mean...n-not thet I em up tu something..! But wull...um~ she was noticeably a little flustered. ~L-looking fur a mate nevur crossed my mind, relly...!~ She rambled in her disorientation. ~But I spose es sometheng I should look into...!~ Gah, why did she have to say that!? It was his fault, he made her lose track!

She peeked up at Him again. There had to be a reason she got that vibe from him. She had yet to realize how keen her senses for that sort of thing were, in actuality. Now she lost track of where she was, great! ~But no, I haven't found a mate yet...! Err-~ Gah, stop that! She wanted to bury her face right now, nut that seemed very impossible at the moment. ~Eheheh...~ nope...nothing, she couldn't think of a single thing to get herself off this subject and just went quiet, eyes drifting away guiltily as those fingers twiddled.

Juno

He found her blushing amusing, to say the least. Eyeing her curiously as she rambled on about finding a mate, he just grinned that toothy smile at her obvious discomfort with the topic. Skrylet, I wasn't accusing you, you don't have to get so flustered, he teased, moving forward to snake his neck loosely around her, curious about how she might react to his dragon self being so near again, close enough to brush her tail or tendrils.

You're quite a worried young lady, he observed, looking her in the eye for a moment. You're so young, why should you be worrying about finding a mate, hm? Does your kind not live...that long? He obviously knew only what she'd told him thus far, having never seen anything like her before. He was curious about what she might think of his human form, if she would find him less scary that way, or at least less intimidating.

You seem so nervous, though... Is there something the matter? Do you not like me asking questions? He put a small amount of distance between them at that, wondering if he was the problem.

Anonymous

There were those teeth again! She twitched and quieted up more. ~F-flustered?? M-me??~ She responded deniably, tensing up when he wrapped around her so very close this time. She did not move, but only turned her head to meet his gaze, slowly loosening up, tendrils wary, yet curious enough to let themselves be touched by his scales. She shivered and bit her bottom lip at the contact. Okay...now she was TOUCHING the dragon! She felt a little more at ease. Honestly, she did not know why Dragon's were so frightening to her. She didn't know a lot of things. Maybe it was a reaction to something that happened in her mysterious past that she was forced to forget.

~Mm...~ She lowered her head guiltily at the acknowledgement of her worry, and blushed darker at being called young. ~...I...um...~ she had to thing about it, and when she realized she knew nothing, her long ears tipped back. ~I...du not know...how old I em...how long I live...~ she trailed off, eyes wandering aimlessly now. Why did she tell him that?! He didn't need to know! But she confessed anyway! Why?? She frowned a bit.

~Nervous...?~ she asked, crimson eyes drifting back to meet his gaze, her twiddling fingers slowing substantially with her suddenly saddened mood. He eased up then, moving out of contact range and she found her tendrils reaching out to keep the contact almost, as she pondered the next question. ~No-wull...es not Kanoa's questions that bother me...es my inability tu answer them...~ she found herself confessing again, and forcing a soft and lovely smile for him. She didn't seem to want to go into detail, but from the way she said it, she let him know that she lacked the knowledge herself for some reason.

Juno

Ah, her reactions were just too cute. Chuckling to himself, Kanoa nodded as he slowly began to drift away from her. Well, Skrylet... It was nice meeting you, you're a nice girl. He gestured at her with his head as he began to turn away from her, swishing his tail and readying himself to get going again.

Good luck... Maybe we'll see each other again, hm? And with that he was swimming away from her again, headed toward the shore like he had been before. He glanced back, though, wondering if she'd be curious enough to follow him, she definitely seemed the sort. If she didn't, though, he would just go on his way. He felt like sunning himself for a while, the water was getting to be a bit too cold again.

Anonymous

~Hmm?~ she responded with sudden apprehension when he spoke like he was about to leave. ~Um-er...~ was all she managed to mumble as he began to swim away, and she floated there a moment, shocked. Crap, he was leaving! This wasn't good! What to do, what to do? ~Wait!~ she squeaked, reaching an arm out at him, frozen in posture after she realized shed actually said that to him instead of to herself. ~Um...!~ She paused, trying not to look stupid.

~D-du not...Kanoa doesn't have to leave so soon...~ she mumbled. ~Or...wull...I em not ezactly busy...!~ she rambled as her outstretched arm slowly drifted down and she looked away, trying to find a way to say this without looking needy. That probably wasn't going to happen, and she whined in defeat. ~D-du not leave me here...~ she confessed finally. ~W-where is Kanoa going...?~ she asked curiously, bringing her hands together to twiddle once more as she slowly swam up to him again, creeping along shyly.

~I mean...wull...ef Kanoa wants the company...em sure I could...um...provide et...~ she mumbled, peeking up at him when she reached his side. ~Eheheh...~ she trailed off, not really sure where she was going with this, but she couldn't just let him swim away, knowing he might have something she needed. She had to find it, somehow.

Juno

He stopped and twisted his neck around to look back at her, seeing her floating there looking all nervous still. Gesturing with his head, he said, I'm going to the shore... I want some time in the sun, I'm getting a bit too cold down here right now.

Kanoa paddled his way back to her lazily, nudging her shoulder with his snout again. If you aren't busy, did you want to join me, maybe? he asked, a sly, toothy grin showing as he nosed a tendril. Company would be nice... Would you like to come along, Skrylet? He was teasing her a bit, knowing she probably didn't feel all that comfortable talking with a him, big as he was.

Anonymous

~Shore? Tu cool down here?~ she repeated, picturing him backing and somewhat amused by it. ~I liek de cold...b-but sun es good tu...!~ she responded as he turned to approach her again, causing her to tense up a little once more. She meeped at the nudge and shivered, floating backward from it and blushing at him with a slightly huffy expression on her face, a cute one at that. ~I'm beginning tu think yu liek doing that tu me...!~ she squeaked, quieting out when she realized she got a little frisky with him.

And there was that tone of voice again, bringing more blood to her face. ~bask weth yu...??~ She pictured a possible scenario and her ears tipped back. ~w-wull-~ she started until he said company would be nice. ~Y-yus...I would liek tu...!~ She confessed in defeat, lowering her head with a small sigh. ~I em beginning tu think dragons like to tease things smaller than them...~ she mumbled friskily again, quickly shutting up for fear of angering him, her tendril idly petting his nose before she realized it.

Juno

Ah, her blushing and attitude were, indeed, quite endearing. He thought it interesting, though, that she wanted to stay with him even though she seemed so spooked by him at the slightest move. Well, I don't know about all dragons, Skrylet, that wouldn't be very nice... But I do enjoy teasing you. Reactions... Your reactions are...funny.

He looked down to the tendril still touching him, and smirked his toothy smirk. But you don't seem to mind it, see? Kanoa leaned closer then, curling his neck around her to nudge at her back. But why don't you hold onto me? We can probably get there pretty quick if I do the swimming for us both, he suggested.

Or...we could just take our time, he said as he lifted his head to graze the back of her neck with his nose.

Anonymous

~..I knew it...! -wait-whot...my reactions...??~ She snapped abruptly, falling victim to his little game, and giving him yet another reaction. She grumbled a soft whine and huffed, crossing her arms now as she floated weightlessly. Those bold eyes peeked up at him again, giving him quite a flustered glare as she pondered her way out of embarrassment. ~A cruel creature Kanoa es...!~ she stated, though she wasn't incredibly displeased. She just didn't like how he was able to get the better of her so easily.

He was getting closer again and, as usual, she tensed, letting him behind her more out of curiosity than anything else while his next words distracted her. ~Mind et...? Wull...no...~ She confessed slowly, quirking a brow suspiciously and letting out a small eep at the contact behind her. She didn't jump though. She stayed still for him, assuming he was just trying to get more reactions out of her. She glared once more and huffed, wining defiantly under her breath. ~Oooo...!" she shivered, letting him toy with her and trying to put up with it.

His words kept replaying in her head then. Why did he want to take his time suddenly? Why was he sneaking behind her? Was there a hint she missed? ~w-why does Kanoa wish tu take time fur me so suddenly...?~ she could not resist asking, pursing her lips a little bit as she played huffy still. Should she grab on and just lat him take her, or did he want her to go slow with him? ~W-wull...wish does Kanoa prefer...? Fast or slow-~ she cut herself off, lowering her head at what she stepped into. ~D-does Kanoa wish tu tek me fast or go et my pace-~ she found herself doing it again. Why was her mind in such places?! She felt the need to hide again, and just sink to the bottom.

She felt awful, and with the contact to her skin. Kanoa, could feel this vibe from her. It was a special quality of her body to emanate her feelings through contact. ~...Kanoa...ples du whot yu will weth me...I fear ef I speak any more...I'll die ov embarrassment...~ She whimpered, tendrils spinning her upside-down now as she turned to look at him helplessly, but with a tiny smile she could not hide completely. She then chuckled just a bit, proving that she had warmed up to him just a bit more, laughing at herself, long ears tipped back as her gaze drifted  away bashfully.

She wondered if he took a liking to this, and if so, how much. Most of it came natural, actually, but she still had her prerogatives. He just happened to be capable of making her feel comfortable, and somewhere inside, she liked that about him, even though his outward appearance was intimidating. ~So...how wull Kanoa hev me...?" she purred with a blush and a smile for him, giving in to her cheesy youthfulness a bit more.

Juno

I would just swim with you if you wanted to do it yourself. I only asked because you seem just a bit stubborn, he admitted, though he was enjoying watching her wrap herself in self-made discomfort. He would've laughed if he was in his other form.

Well, it'd be faster if I just took us, okay? Just hold onto my neck, or one of my legs if you prefer. And with that he'd moved himself around her again to float before her, waiting to give her enough time to get herself situated before he began whipping his tail back-and-forth to get them moving, heading toward the shore he knew was up ahead.

Anonymous

~S-stubborn, me? Ha...!~ she tried to look cool, brushing it off like it was nothing and closing her eyes, trying to be smug. ~Wull...jus a little...mebby...~ She confessed, peeking back at him and biting her lip, smiling that shy smile again.

~Mm...okay then...~ she nodded obediently, and warily reached out to him as he swam past, looking for someplace to grab. After taking a moment to decide, her tendrils wrapped around his neck and held her close, her frontside squished against him nervously, her round cheek against him as well. That blue blush lit her face as she took a breath to relax, and Kanoa could feel that sensation again as she held onto him. It was a strangely mischievous feeling, the bond that her body of darkness was able to create. Yet, beyond that, he could feel more of her emotions, her giddiness, her bashfulness, even the sly side she hadn't expressed fully yet.

Skrylet clung tighter when he picked up speed and her sleeved hands even curled up to him, fingertips gently grazing his body. What an interesting texture. His scales were small and tightly knitted, like a large serpent, or eel, so smooth and soft. She liked it, and her fingertips explored more of it, her hesitation draining away as comfort settled in. Dragons sure were majestic creatures, in their own frightening way.

~Wow...Kanoa does not feel liek I espected...~ she whispered, curiosity showing in her again. ~I had assumed Kanoa was coarse en rigid..." she went on softly as he carried her along effortlessly, cheek still planted cozily against him. With the contact, Kanoa would also feel that her body was as soft as it looked, supple and smooth all over as she squished against him. Even her horns even flexed against him. They were a little deceiving in appearance. They were a soft cartilage-like substance, and could be pushed and bent, returning to their original state. Her whole body was like this in fact. She could soften her bones to contort her body further, allowing her to slip free from prey or even fit into unusually tight places with ease. Even her tail was boneless, just like her tendrils, making her every bit more kraken-like.

Tags: