Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The One, The Only... (open to all)

Started by Locke, November 07, 2014, 08:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locke

The cave was dark. There was water dripping, and the rain was coming down in buckets.
The worst part of it, the smell. The entire cave smelled of rotting flesh. Orcs, men, elves, gnomes. Anyone who dared to come in and try for the treasure, was doomed to fail.

There was conscience there however. The sword Pandemonium watched all that entered. It watched and loved it. No one could claim it as their own.

Blaze Enderman

Blaze looked in the foul smelling cave, grateful that he didn't have a stomach. This place would make it turn and boil. Blaze drew his sword  and summoned a ball of green fire to illuminate his path. He could feel the darkness inside, one that almost rivaled his creator's. Blaze shrugged off his cloak, watching it flutter to the ground.
"Well," Blaze said to no one in particular, "Here I go."

Locke

Pandemonium watched as this newcomer jumped, dove and evaded all the acid pits, and brimstone rocks that flew this way and that. When he finally got to the alter, everything stopped. The rain, acid, brimstone... Everything was still...

"Who comes into my home and disturbs my peace?" Pandemonium boomed, attempting to startle the newcomer.

Blaze Enderman

Blaze looked around, brushing his shoulder off as the booming voice spoke. The traps in this cave were commendable, he thought.
"My name is Blaze Enderman, Bringer of Light. I have come in search of the sword Pandemonium. Have I come to the right place?" Blaze said in an equally loud voice. He looked around at the various skeletons of different species. It looks like I'm not the first one to disturb his peace, he thought.

Locke

"You come to the right place Mortal... But can you find me??" Says Pandemonium as it sat there in the alter right in front of Blaze.

Or was the the real sword?

Blaze Enderman

Blaze sighed and sheathed his sword deciding that he would need it for a while. He walked up to the sword in the alter, and removed a glove. He spoke several quiet words and the facsimile melted into a puddle of liquid metal.
"A petty trick like that won't fool me. I was around when they invented it. Now, where are you really, or is this an inposter?" Blaze said in an attempt to anger the real sword and goad it from its hiding place.

Locke

"You amuse me Mortal... I will show myself."

At the moment, Pandemonium falls from the ceiling and impales the ground in front of Blaze.

"I am yours to wield..."

Blaze Enderman

Blaze Grasped the sword and pulled it free of the stone that it was embedded in. The sword was obviously real; Blaze could practically see the waves of power coming off of it. His original plan was to destroy this weapon of evil but logic prevailed. He remembered a bit of wisdom that one of his few friends had given him, a long time ago. The tool does not make the man evil, only how they use it.
"So, Pandemonium, I guess I will be taking you with me. I have a life sucking witch to deal with," Blaze said, adopting a quieter, more friendly tone.
Blaze winced as a sharp pain appeared in his hand.
"Was that really necessary?" Blazed asked Pandemonium in a slightly annoyed tone.

Locke

"It actually was. Now I know all about you. We are one. I will gladly travel with you to hunt your witch."

Pandemonium uses dark energy to manifest a sheath for Blaze.

"By your leave, 'master'."

Tags: