Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A spiritual experience (Dragonsong!!)

Started by thehiddenbeast13, June 27, 2016, 05:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo took the bag and quickly opened it before going to town on the meat pies. They were so good, it had been such a long time since Inigo had actually treated himself. That made the pies all the better.

"Wasn't me...that was Samson." Inigo said in response to Verik's question. But before Verik could continue to press on, Inigo held out a hand to shut him up before taking another bite out of his pies before continuing, "You can't see him, but I can. He's a spirit, he only wanted to protect me. That's all he wants is to make sure I get through. He hates it when I steal, but will always defend me if someone tries to hurt me. The dragon was a threat, so Samson possessed him. I can see spirits. Right now I can see Samson and I can see your spirit. If I focused a bit more, I'd be able to see much more."

DragonSong

Well.

That was a lot of information at once.

For some reason, all Verik could think to say was, "Bane wasn't a threat- we're peacekeepers, we don't hurt kids."

thehiddenbeast13

"Oui, if you saw a dragon holding someone you care about by the shirt as a man of your stature isn't too far behind you'd probably be as worried as Samson was. He acts on impulse and it didn't really help that I spurred him on." Inigo said in response to Verik's statement. He then looked down slightly, wanting to avoid direct eye contact.

Eventually, Inigo looked up at the man and finally said,"Thanks...for the pies." It really was an act of kindness he would not forget very soon. It was nice to see that there were still people out there who actually gave a damn about kids like Inigo.

DragonSong

"Yeah. No problem." Verik was still eyeing him thoughtfully. Eventually, he muttered, "Look, what do you say to comin' with me down to the barracks, huh? You're not too old to enlist quite yet- three meals a day and a place to sleep. Could be worse."

thehiddenbeast13

Inigo sighed and shook his head. "I don't know," he responded "I kinda like being able to travel around. I've met so many people and seen so many things." Inigo honestly had no idea whether or not he should accept the offer and go with the man. Samson said nothing but knew that hopefully the boy would make the right choice.

DragonSong

"Alright." Verik nodded. "If you change your mind, you know where to find me. Ask for Corporal Ares."

He turned to leave, then added over his shoulder, "Or...you could go to the house with the blue door that sits in that string leading down the street to the barracks. Say Verik sent you."