Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady of the Desert (M)

Started by visualspice, December 01, 2012, 02:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Valeska fell over- unconscious. Zarrah blinked and turned to Radimir, smirking at him.
"Thanks."A nd she gave a flip to her dark hair. "Couldn't have done that better myself." And then turning back to where Valeska lay, she tilted her head and gave the blond woman's side a kick. "But what do we do with her? And what sort of mage is she?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Radimir bundled his whip back to his side and sheathed his blade.  "I don't know for sure but she said something about finding a Cult of Storms in Essyrn.  And something like that.  She is a weather witch, I suppose you'd call her.  She made that giant sand storm that came our way in the plains.  I'd sooner leave her here than drag her with is.  Let her die in the sands."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Zarrah hardened her gaze.
"That could be problematic. But why was she attacking us? Did you do something to upset her?" And she gave Radimir a once over.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"I did nothing of the sort," he growled.  "I was only trying to get back to you.  Though where and how did you get here so quickly?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Zarrah gestured towards the plains.
"I landed somewhere over there." And she winced, her arm and hip still aching for it. "Though I think I hurt my arm in the fall. Maybe my hip." Shaking her head, she peered at Radimir before glancing around, then looking back down to their blonde haired prisoner.

"Yes... I think leaving her here is the most wise decision. But if she was attacking us for no reason, rattling on about something crazy, who's to say she won't come after us again?" Zarrah frowned at this logic. "Let's get to our horses. I'm not about to let some crazed woman drag us back to the dessert." And her eyes went to Radimir. "Not when we had just gotten out." Giving a whistle, she looked around waiting to see if Nieti would come, and whistled and whistled a few more times with a frown.

"Nieit.. she isn't coming.." and she turned back to Radimir.
"Do you think something's happened to her? Perhaps she did not survive that wicked storm."

Lion

Radimir took his eyes to the south from whence they had once been imprisoned.  They journeyed so far, worked so long to get out of that forsaken place where there was nothing more for them there.  Zarrah had had her revenge, now Radimir's father had been put to rest.  And just when they made it to the Plains here they were on the very edge of the place which they had tried to run.

But when Zarrah called Nieti and she refused to come, he perked his head up in alarm and he knew that they had to go back to look for her.  "Come, mount Thorian!  He will find her," Radimir said as he climbed onto the saddle of his horse.  "Zarrah!  Keep whistling for her.  Kyaa!"

He kicked Thorian and the blood bay steed barreled south at the command of his rider, whinnying loudly in search of his companion.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Climbing on the saddle behind Radimir, his horse tore across the sandy plains. And Zarrah continued to whistle, eyes seeking desperately through the fields until something laying in the field caught her attention.

"Over there!" and the second they began to get close- she knew it was Nieti, and the black mare lay on her side, breathing long, sharp, labored breaths.

Lion

Thorian skitted to a halt, nearly passing the sweltering form of the black mare.  Immediately Radimir pulled hard on his reins and stopped quick enough to leap off himself.  He pulled a waterskin from his saddle bags and gestured for Zarrah to pull her up.  "I think we got to her in time," he murmured, though inside he was afraid that they hadn't.  He cupped water just underneath her mouth and let it pour and allowed the horse to drink to her heart's content.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Fear chilled through her veins as Zarrah remained crouched beside both man and horse. Even Thorian seemed upset, and bucked it's head and let out a cry as he smelled the fear and blood coming from the other horse. Nieti lifted her head after she had drank much from Radimir's hand, but nudged her nose into the hair and chuffed and chuffed, before letting out a soft cry towards her mate.

Zarrah took this time to observe the wound on her side and cringed.
"This doens't look good."

Lion

Radimir frowned at the wound and nodded in agreement.  "But we can do more for her if we can at least get her to stand.  She will die faster on her side," he offered and got up from his spot in the grasses and grabbed her reins and tried to gently coax her up.  He blinked hot tears and only now realized it. 

"Zarrah, help push her up, please!" he begged.  "Thorian, please tell her it'll be all right."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At the sight of Radimir's tears, Zarrah realized she had a few of her own, and was standing in shock for a good long moment before his voice pulled her in. Moving to the black mare's side, she helped sooth the horse with her whispered words, and used what strength she could in hopes to get Neiti to stand, but the horse kept struggling against it, the wound in her side shooting up pains well through the horse's ribs.

Zarrah grimaced, but continued on. If it could help her survive, it was well worth the effort.
"Come on, Nieti,"s he whispered, stroking the horse's long cheek. "Stand up for me girl. Do it for me. Do it for Thorian."

Though it all seemed hopeless, eventually Zarrah had found the extra strength to help guide the horse to her feet- though it seemed Nieti wanted to collapse back onto her legs, she remained standing, but in a hunch, as she let out a gentle whinny of pain.

Lion

Radimir's eyes were red and he exhaled a breath of desperation.  He knew the wound was grave, possibly fatal if they could not help her stand.  Her insides would collapse in on themselves and she would suffocate as well as bleed to death.  Radimir waited back a while from his efforts as Thorian moved his head down to nuzzle against Nieti.  The horse gave a soft whinny and Radimir's eyes watched their silent conversation as their noses touched and wiggled.

Radimir looked at Zarrah then to the wound.  On his belt, he plucked a small bag that had been filled with sand.  His lips spoke softly in the serpentine tongue of his people.  Pouring out some of the sand in his palm, he played with it for a time, drifting from one hand to the other before suddenly taking it to his lips and blowing hard on the sand.  The wound was suddenly doused in it and Nieti roared on pain and reached down to nip at Radimir as he took his hands and plunged them into her side, pulling out the shard of glass that had been embedded deeply inside of her and as he pulled it out her wound began to close.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Zarrah watched in awe as Radimir not only plucked out the item causing her horse pain, but whatever it was he had chanted and sealed onto the sands was helping to seal her horse's wound. Her eyes wavered with stalled tears before she glanced over at him and smiled.

Stroking a hand down her mane, she rested her face against Nieti's cheek, all the while Thorian nuzzled against her.

"She'll be ok, Thorian,"s he whispered, petting his nose. "Little Nieti will be just fine."

Lion

Nieti frankly was still quite pissed at Radimir for sticking his hands into her side, but with Thorian there to comfort her, she didn't seem to mind so much.  She stood at last and Thorian gave a happy neigh before he nuzzled Radimir and bit him affectionately and nibbled on Zarrah's hair.  "She all right, yes," Radimir said, rubbing his arm and smiled at the black horse.

"Now let's get the hell outta here before that bitch wakes up!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Zarrah nodded.
"Shall we both get on Thorian to give Nieti a break? I'd hate to see her become too strained when we need to make a run for it."

Lion

"Then we can walk on our own.  Thorian, come."  Radimir took what water was left in the skin and took him by the reins.  "Come on!  I don't want to go back to that desert...  I don't want to get shocked in the ass by that woman!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Zarrah moved hurriedly at his side, her heart racing well into her ears and her legs aching as they continued to move across the plains until the woman was out of sight- out of sound, and it was only then she peered up at Radimir.
"Do you think she'll follow us?"s he asked, her voice barely but a whisper as she gently stroked Nieti's long face.

Lion

Radimir had thrown his cloak over his face, to protect himself from the fierce winds that were picking up from all around them.  Despite such however, the sky was relatively calm and he pulled Thorian on, though the animal started to get antsy.  He turned back to Zarrah.  "Possibly," he called after her.  "It's just as well that she could be following us all ready.  We must hurry."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At the sudden rise in winds, she grit her teeth and felt her body chill to the bone. That woman seemed to be able to control the weather, and if the winds were picking up; it could very well mean she was on her way.

Picking up her pace, she pulled Nieti along and tried to sooth her as they walked, but it seemed fruitless for it did nothign to help them both as they anxiously moved across the plains.

Lion

The winds were savage and ripped across the plains.  The grasses parted as if a great invisible creature were stepping on them, passing through them and snapping them in its passage.  "We have to get to lower ground, Zarrah!" Radimir called out to her over the howling gale.  "So we can at least evade the wind!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn