Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Long Wait in Line

Started by visualspice, December 28, 2012, 03:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At her comment about the guards, Calent's glare grew more solid.
"An improper lady with a duke breaths scandal," was all he said through his teeth.
"You will not mar my reputation."

Then his brow furrowed sharper as she eyed up his naked body, and it wasn't just his face turning red and well, agitations sometimes led to primal urges, even if he were unattracted. The damned pirate was probably enjoying the show.  Despite her knife, he reached for his towel and fixed it around his waste.

Then, at her mention to follow him he snorted, tightening the towel and holding it firm.

"You expect to just.. follow me around?" he eyed the knife cautiously, then looked up at her. 

OOC: Ugh, I'm distracted by the movie Tropic Thudner right now XD
I'd post more but he doesn't just want to um.. agree to that right away, even though he knows that's probably his only solution to come out without any more scandal or even getting a scratch. He doesn't have any scars, you know! lol (though Awiergan might have noticed when she was checking out the goods, haha)  oh the vanity of the nobles,,..
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

His emphasis on maintaining his reputation and not having a scandal on his hands intrigued her. It was amusing to think that he was scared of a pirate ruining it for a duke.

Watching him cover up with the towel she nodded to his question and shrugged. "If you want this back, yes," Awiergan replied, lifting the side of the necklace with her free hand.

"I could just leave with it now, if you'd prefer that instead. But...I'm thinking you want this back. For your duchess and all. I bet she would be disappointed without it," she ventured with a twinkle in her eyes thinking about all that gold she was about to get her hands on.

ooc: No problemoooo, that's a funneh movie xD

visualspice

He raised his brows as she spoke, then quickly narrowed them angrily as she pressed the issue, tugging at the necklace SHE wore that belonged to HIM.

"You couldn't get out of my castle quick enough," he threatened, then heard a rap at the door. He turned his head.

"Duke Calent?"

It was a guard.

Calent released an irritable breath, rolling is shoulders before shooting an angered gaze towards Awiergan, then back to the door again.

"Yes?" his tone was raised more than usual. It had been years since he'd broken his tone in that manner and the man ont he other side of the door hesitated.

"We were just checking in."

Silence.

Calent set his jaw and breathed a long, hot breath through his nostrils.

"I'm fine." he tried to compose himself, his face turning to stone as his eyes temporarily seemed to distill.  "Send tea to my room later."

Another moment, then the guard replied on the other side of the door, "Alright. We will have the servants bring you some soon."

As soon as the guard was guard, Calent was glaring daggers at the piratess.

"Let me get my robe," he growled, and moved away, fetching it up as he wrapped it tightly around his waist. "You, you will stay close to my side and if anyone sees us together, you stay silent and let me speak, is that clear?" The duke looked at her threateningly- though he hadn't a blade ot be calling these sort of shots- but he contemplated how quickly he might disarm her...
his eyes went to the necklace before goign back to her.

He would see her rot in jail for this!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

She held her breath when she heard the other voice at the door, just waiting for him to order her arrest...or something. But he didn't do that.

Her eyes watched him curiously as he dressed in the robe, wondering if her little blade had stopped him from locking her up right then and there.  Perhaps it was the fear of her sinking it into his chest, though, or damaging the necklace. Maybe it was this scandal he mentioned, a pirate wearing his precious necklace. Regardless, she felt oddly grateful that the duke seemed as though he was going to go through with the deal. 

"As long as you don't try anything funny," she agreed, turning the blade towards him once more before she relaxed the arm to hang at her side.

"And you need to lend me some clothes, too," she added while looking down at herself and the puddle of water at her feet. "Unless you want all this water...and pirate dirt tracked allllllll through your castle," she teased with a snide chuckle.

visualspice

Calent's displeasure never lessened as his soured expression continued to sag at the frown on his lips. He then eyed her up, almost giving a sniff as he turned away, snatching a second royal robe that he threw at her.
His eyes remained sharply upon her.
"Wear that for now.  At least if you get caught, I can pretend you're just my whore."
Courtesans weren't unheard of anyways, and after a night like this, he might consider the company of one as he stalked away.

"Just don't think about stabbing me in the back." he said, moving towards the door, but halting, standing.. waiting for her to change if she so pleased.

Juno

She caught the robe and giggled at the obvious irritation that still plagued him, her shoulders straightening with pride for the small victory. "Thank you," she chirped.

Keeping a hand on her knife at all times and an eye trained upon him should he pull something over on her now Awiergan slipped out of her worn and ill-fitting clothes to leave them in a pile on the floor. All she left on were her shoes, the necklace, and the dagger sheaths strapped to her hip, thigh, and calf before she pulled the robe on. 

Securing it at her waist, she wasted no time walking over to meet him at the door once she was covered. For good measure she cautiously switched her knife over to the hand furthest from him. Lingering just barely behind him off to one side, she smiled and jabbed his arm lightly with a fingernail, enjoying this short time of treating a wealthy duke as her personal doormat. "I'm ready."

visualspice

OOC: Oh the ways he'd plan to kill her later lol

IC:
Calent heard her shuffling and sighed irritably as he waited, shoulders still straight and square. Then when her fingernail touched him, he visibly flinched, but quickly drew his chin up and calmed.

"Very well then, whore," he said coldly, and opened the door to leave the room.
He moved down the hall, debating where to take her, or who to call on for assistance. It would be too easy to snag a guard but..
how close was that knife now at this back?
and the jewels.. he'd curse himself.. AND HER from the grave, if he were to just die in this silly predicament and she claim that family heirloom.

Moving steadily, and seeing no signs of the guards, he hardly relaxed.
So does he take her to his room or...
Of course it figured a maid had seen them. Calent grew rigid, but barely registered as the woman nodded at the two as they passed.
If Calent didn't have to wear a proper mask he'd be scowling, though his eyes did simmer.

Soon they had made it to his room and he ordered another servant to close the door and leave.
Blast it. Well, at least it wasn't unheard of for him to rbing in a courtesan on occasion..
Though it had been a while. Perhaps they'd just assume it was related to the necklace...

He turned around to look at her.
"How much gold are we talking." His eyes went to her neck, staring at the necklace and ignoring any of the sinful skin exposed beneath.
Did she honestly have to discard her clothing completely? Though he supposed it was best to keep in costume-
though if one were to find out who she really was...
Not that HE even knew who she really was.
Damn pirate.
She probably had fleas.

"Let's talk money. But I want that necklace of your neck." he demanded coldly.

Juno

Awiergan kept close the whole way, and her eyes scanned the hall diligently for any sign of danger. Occasionally she glanced over her shoulder in paranoia of an ambush, but everything seemed so quiet and still.

Every moment that passed without disturbance only made her tenser, like a mouse waiting for the snake to strike. As the maid passed them she stepped closer to Calent, ready to use him as a human shield if necessary, but nothing happened. Again.

When he finally took her to a room she scanned for any hidden guards before she allowed herself to relax. Stepping away from the door as he spoke she watched his face as he made his demands.

"I'm not taking it off until I get what I want," she explained, raising the hand with the dagger slightly in case he should make a sudden move for the jewelry.

"And I want what you yourself suggested, Duke Calent. As much gold as I can carry. And I'm strong. Better yet, why not a horse saddled with the stuff? ...I still want that letter, too," she reminded with a waggle of her finger.

visualspice

The god damn harlot was becoming greedier than he thought (not smarter, though he almost thought that!)
His face showed how irritated he was by this as he glared her down, thinking about just fighting her for that god damn knife when he noted the necklace..
If she broke it.. he swore upon Angasr she'd regret it!

His eyes then turned to her, blazing, but his face remained stiff as stone.

"So you want all my money and a horse," he squared off his jaw, his entire body rigid. "Why don't you just take my whole god damn castle while you're at it." He normally held a civil tongue, especially infront of a lady, but by now, he hardly saw this pirate as a lady. And what worse could be wrong with her? Was she a wretched mage as well? He felt his innards smolder.

"You're not getting a letter, or a horse. I said what you can carry." he was stubborn, but they had made an arrangement.
After all, she was already his 'whore'. What more could a god damn pirate want!?

OOC: I'm horrible but...

"I'm not taking it off until I get what I want"-

OMG, the horrible innuendos this can imply when both are in a towel! lol

Juno

"Well, not all of it," she protested, glaring right back at him at the accusation, though she would have eagerly taken it. She could see how displeased he was but dammit she was going to try to get as much as she could out of this odd hostage situation.

"I'll take what I can carry on a horse, then. And you aren't getting your necklace unless I get that letter, too, I can promise you that. I need your word that I'll be able to leave unharmed or there's no point in leaving at all. I'm not going to be run down like some dog," she complained, gritting her teeth at the thought.

"You won't have to see me ever again if you meet my requests," she tried to assure him. "I'll vanish and stay far away from your stupid, ramshackle castle."

ooc: ahahaha
Imagine what the servants must be whispering! o:

visualspice

OOC: OMg, I meant to type 'both in a 'robe'' XD OH WELL
this is what I get for staying up until 4am posting on an empty stomach when I should be in bed XD

and YES *_*

THINK OF THE GOSSIP

IC:

Calent ground his teeth. Well didn't this little pirate wench think herself on a high horse. But then again.. her.. promise was tempting.
"As if a pirate could ever keep her word," he seemed to spit the words between his teeth as he moved passed her, seeming to ignore her as he moved towards the back room, which was more of a study.

Books, books were everywhere, bu tin the center sat the most beautiful of desks, carved intricately out of the finest of polished woods and embellished with intricate design work.
On top lay a semi-organized pile of chaos- a quill and ink well and hastily, the Duke leaned over the desk, his robe opening partial to expose his chest, as he hastily spat ink to paper then shoved the damn thing into her hands before the thing dried.

"Your damn letter," he said, eyes piercing towards her like daggers.

Juno

His annoyance with her was becoming tiresome, and she just rolled her eyes as he went by; she had no idea why he was putting so much effort into being upset over being robbed at knifepoint. Following him into the study she was surprised that she still hadn't met anyone armed in his quarters.

She took in the sight of the desk as he scribbled out her letter, ogling its surface for anything else she might be able to swipe. She wasn't interested in his papers, though. But as soon as he gave her the letter she wrinkled her nose in irritation. "I'm not as stupid as you think me to be. Put your seal on it, then we'll see about the gold," she demanded, holding it back out to him.

ooc: I knew what you meant <3

visualspice

OOC: Awesome  <3  XD
and poor Awiergan- she has to deal with Mr. grumpy head X3

sadly.. I wonder if he hadn't called the guards because he rather LIKES this ordeal...
>>

<3

SECRETLY BUT WOULD NEVER ADMIT IT, haha

<3 <3 <3

IC:
Calent gave a snort, snatching it from her as he tossed out the wax and press and went about pressing a yellow seal to the official document before throwing it back at her.  He found himself looking at her face finally, not distracted, at least in that moment, over the heavy jeweled necklace she wore.
Too bad she wasn't really a courtesan...

Shoving any thoughts away that he might secretly enjoy a random confrontation like this, he stood erect and straightened his shoulders.

"We need to get you more properly dressed," he said with a frown, then moved pass her without another word.  Yes, a robe on her was rather.. distracting, and he wouldn't let her catch him staring. So it had been a while since he had a woman and well, he'd be damned if his rage would drive him crazy enough to think of a romp in his bed with a pirate!

She probably carried disease, anyway.

"I'll give you a messenger's attire." he stated simply, squaring his jaw. "So no one will question you when you finally leave me alone."
Peace and quiet sounded good about now. Too bad she ruined his bath. He felt like he could use another one. A nice cold bath.

He stared at her again a moment, finding himself studying her before clearing his throat, forgetting he had to go.. well, actually fetch the clothing. Damn pirate!

Juno

"Alright," she agreed simply. Holding the letter up to inspect the seal as she followed him out of the study, Awiergan was finally satisfied with the piece of paper. When she heard what he was planning to put her in, though, she lifted her head and narrowed her eyes at him.

"A messenger? I thought I was your 'whore.' Whores wear nicer things than a messenger," she complained. Folding the paper neatly, she reached down into her robe to slip it between the blade at her hip and its holster.

"I don't need a dress, but... Just lend me some of your things. That's believable. Nobody would question me in that," she offered, as if she really had room to be making such bold demands of him.

ooc: Bahahahaha! XD Never ever EVER!

visualspice

OOC: I dunno why Taylor Swift's "We are Never Ever getting Back together" song popped into my head, haha

IC:

Calent stared at her for a good long while. Then he looked to his bed, then to her and sighed.
"I suppose you are right." he said, setting his jaw, then through his teeth he added. "Though at least with a real whore I'd feel more dignified she'd be riding off into the sunset with my clothes and a horse because..." he turned away, and grumbled. "Well, I'd be far more satisfied and would have paid significantly less gold." The words were almost growled as he made his way towards his closets. Being a duke, and a blood rich one, he had many closets and an array of clothing to select from.

Though with a quick flick of his wrist, he already found pants and a long, tailored shirt for her to wear before tossing it towards the bed.  It was only then a plan came to mind,- he had a hidden dagger beside the bed...

His eyes lingered there a moment before going to her.
If he could find a way to procure it..
he could be rid of this wretched woman once and for all.

OOC: and then he totally needs to try it and she needs to best him and put his royal butt in it's place XD

Juno

"What's there to feel dignified about? A whore's a whore," she said with a shrug as she watched his short-lived hunt.

"So...that means you're somewhat satisfied?" she ventured, walking over to the bed with wary steps, her eyes missing the clues in his attention. Running her hand over the fabrics, though, she felt her whole body sigh relief at the mere thought of wearing something soft and comfortable even if it wasn't hers.

Moving closer and setting her knife down beside the clothes, Awiergan wasted no time in undoing the robe and slipping it from her shoulders. She was used to sharing space and changing in the presence of others wasn't uncommon to her, so she thought nothing of it now.

Pulling the shirt over her head was the easy part, but the collar wouldn't sit right with the necklace there. So, instead, she pulled it out from underneath in a bold gesture to let it lie in front for all the world to see its glittering. Even those few moments were a distraction, though. She was letting her guard down and leaving herself unnecessarily vulnerable after all the precautions she'd taken to get herself to this point safely.

ooc: WeeeeEEEEEEEE >.>

visualspice

Calent shot her a gaze when she commented about being satisfied.

Hardly.

He stood erect, keeping himself composed as he stared at her, but as she moved to dress, he made a noise in his throat and turned partially away, only to catch a glimpse of her from the corner of his eye.  The idea there was a dangerous (but clearly foolish and greedy) piratess in his midst sent a shiver up his spine that he sought to ignore.

And then he spotted the necklace and was almost distracted from his intents.
Now was the perfect opportunity.
The duke moved quickly, extracting the thin blade from his bed before turning around and pointing the sharp end at her throat.  His eyes held a coldness and brooding that seemed as endless and powerful as the ocean as he held the blade towards her.

"I think you've had enough fun, pirate," he said coldly, knowing full well he caught her only half dressed.  It was a dirty trick, but she? Well, she was nothing but a god damn, dirty pirate!

Juno

Huh? Fun? Awiergan nearly turned into the blade as she stared at him in confusion, not even noticing it at first. Her eyes quickly simmered to irritation at his antics, though, when she realized what he was doing.

"You are such a sore loser. Put that down before you hurt yourself," she chastised. Her hands were poised to defend herself despite her words, though.

She was absolutely kicking herself for letting him get hold of a weapon, but she was betting on his lack of experience to save her now.

visualspice

Calent's eyes were as cold and hard as a killers.  Her words seemed not to phase him, the blade remaining as it were- pointed right at her.

"It doesn't appear I've lost," he retorted. "And I can fair rather well defending myself with a  blade." He eyed her up, only briefly before gesturing towards the door.
"Let's get you out of my room and out of my life. To the hall," he commanded. "So I can call on the guards."

Perhaps he'd.. explain this situation later.  Either way, he got her just where he wanted, but then paused and recalled the necklace (he had been trying to avoid staring at her.. chest but, well..) he looked to the necklace then up at her... face.

"Make yourself more decent and get my family's necklace off," he growled, ignoring any burning glow on his cheeks.  Damn woman!  He'd enjoy seeing that noose hanging around her neck!

Juno

She made no move to listen to his demands now and instead just stood there glowering at his ridiculousness. At his gesturing her arm shot up to give him a good wallop. It was both a reaction to his arrogance and what she hoped might cause some distraction and confusion to give her time enough to retrieve her own dagger once more.

"You won't get it back if you don't use peaceful means," she warned, her hands fumbling to keep a firm grasp upon the hilt. "And you will lose this precious thing if you try anything funny again! I'm serious!"

The lengths he was going to defend himself against her so much as touching the thing were growing more grating and insulting the more it dragged on.  "And it's a pretty thing, anyway. It should be worn. That's what a necklace is for... You're wasting it.

"But I can arrange for each of these pearls to return to the seas they were born from if you keep this up, Duke." she warned, eyes narrowing as she glanced between him and the pants still lying upon the bed.

"It would be such a shame to lose all this, but if you insist upon being a right ass to me... Don't think I won't disappear with this thing. Then you'll never know what happened to it."