Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Long Wait in Line

Started by visualspice, December 28, 2012, 03:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Calent was growing more and more soured and upset the more and more Awiergan spoke. But when she brought up the last bit, his eyes were nearly flaring up like two green flames.
"Such an act would never happen again." He promised between his teeth. Then His eyes narrowed. "I'll refer to it as realistically as you refer to the kraken killing." he sneered. "As far as I'm concerned.." he looked away. "It never happened."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

"You must be so forgetful, then, all because of me," she teased, still proud she'd gotten a rise out of him. "I wonder what she would think of all the people that could attest to seeing us together," she continued as she moved to settle and get as comfortable as she could lying on the damp ground.

"At least I have no reason to lie about you, floaty, black-magic man."

visualspice

Calent's eyes narrowed hatefully upon her.
"You would do wise to forget what you thought you saw," he warned her, keeping the wet clothe still to his fore head before lowering it as he continued to glare, wet hair plastered to his fore head. "You have no idea who you are dealing with." And as he thought it over, he added, "And it's best you even forget about that kiss." His voice sounded dangerous, laced with a dark promise. "No one would believe a pirate anyhow."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

"Ah, but they don't know me as a pirate, Calent. At least, everyone who did died on that ship," she sighed, a bit regretful for the lives that were lost. "And even then, who would ever believe you?" she pressed, ignoring his tone and having no real idea the influence he carried, that his word was practically law. "Would you have your people believe you willingly spent time with a pirate? In your own home?" she chided.

visualspice

Calent was quick to anger. She was really beginning to get on his nerves, and he didn't like being in this sort of predicament. Considering... well.. he had wanted to kiss her. And that had him all the more confused. She infuriated him, and she was a 'no good', someone against the law. Yet here he found himself, stuck with her on some lonely, tropical island. (Hopefully not for all eternity..)
He set his jaw as his eyes burned into her.

"When we get off this island, I'll see to it that we've never met," he seethed.
and that was a promise.

Juno

She frowned, tilting her head to glare at him for his threat. "Oh? And what are you going to do, kill me? Why should I even help you, if you're going to be so ungrateful?" she wondered, shrugging. "At least I know how to live on the land. You'd think I'd get a hero's welcome for bringing Duke Calent home alive," she tsked.

visualspice

Calent stared at her incredulously before looking away as he released a hot breath.
"Name your price," he said coldly. He could at least pay her for her silence, he supposed.

Juno

His words were as good as an admission of defeat, and she smiled just as proudly for hearing them. "How about half of those taxes you're collecting? Yearly. Forever, not just once," she added, remembering his earlier ill mumblings. "It's not like you could even enjoy them without me."

visualspice

Calent glared at her. She had some gall!
"You would have the nerve to ask for so much money. Where do you think all of that money goes?" His face twisted angrily. "I have a duchy to run, not some pirate's charity." His hands gripped into fists.  "I'd rather die than give that much money to you." He said, standing up and finding enough strength, he simply began to walk away from her. He could explore this damn labyrinth himself.

Juno

She chuckled at the anger behind his words, apparently enough to propel his bullheadedness onward into the unknown. With a last look to the sky above, she followed after him and tried to block his way. "Now how was I supposed to know how much you get? Will you at least counter?" she pleaded, not wanting to go wandering around after him.

visualspice

Calent growled as she stepped infront of him.
"Out of my way." Then when she tried to press the issue, he growled again. "There is no negotiating with a criminal. You will get nothing and I'll find a way out of this on my own." and he brushed past her, fully determined to go at it on his own- that was, until his boots stepped on a trap, trigging something that began to click-click-click- behind the walls and ceiling, unseen.

Juno

Mouth dropping open at his words now, Awiergan's face twisted in irritation. "I haven't stolen anything since we got here!" she pointed out, following after him and carrying on. "In fact, I've done nothing but be helpful since last night! Come on, give me a break," she pleaded. "What are you going to do without me, anyway? Get lost?" It was then that she finally noticed the faint ticking clicks around them, her eyes widened.

"What's that? You hear that?" she whispered, moving in closer to him, looking all around them and wondering if she was somehow going mad.

visualspice

Calent was irritated, but he froze too the moment he heard the gears shifting behind the walls. When he lifted up his boot, he cursed.
"We set off a trap."
ANd with a lurch, a massive blade came swinging at them. In a blur, Calent smashed himself against Awiergan, pressing the pair of them against the wall as the blade swung past them barely a second later. But then as the pair of them were now up against the wall, he could hear another series of gears within it and cursed again. They barely danced out of the way of the second blade, putting them infront of the first, and had to zig zag their way between the sweeping blades until they made it to the end of the path. It seemed adrenaline was able to carry Calent forward, who dragged the piratess along with him, but by the time they reached the end of the path, he was sweating something fierce and growing light headed again. But when he moved a hand to rest upon the wall, he felt himself press into another lever, and another click, and another sound of gears in the wall made him groan.

"Not again," he hissed, as he turned around, watching in horror as the wall crumbled away and salt water came rushing at them and carried them away down the dark and narrow pass.  The pair were eventually dumped out above a large, metal grate where the water filtered through, but their bodies remained laying upon it. Calent had taken much water in, and now that the water had passed, had since turned over and wretched out the water, and what ever contents were left in his belly.

Juno

"A...trap?" she repeated, thinking it a joke until she heard the blade swinging toward them and felt herself smushed against the wall. Numb, she followed him along as the blades swung with inches of them every time. Once they'd gotten through, she just stood there trembling, her nerves on end as she stared at him. She wanted to blame him and thank him all at once, but the sounds of rushing water startled her and she turned to watch it just in time to be swept away.

Once her world stopped spinning she pushed herself up and she coughed up the stinging water. "You okay?" she asked, watching him with a grimace. Turning, she stared at the path ahead with red eyes and pointed at the faint glow of light just beyond. "Look! What's that?" she wondered, reaching up to grab hold of any little crack in the wall she could to help right herself. As she pulled herself up, though, she grabbed onto a rock that, to her horror, sunk down with her hand. "Shit!" she muttered, scrambling back away from it like it had burned her hand.

She was tense, waiting for whatever would happen next, but all she heard was a winding noise above them, and then she was falling. As the grate dropped and swung out from under them, Awiergan desperately tried to grab for anything as she fell, but there was nothing. She cried out as what light above her grew smaller and smaller. Her scream turned to terror, though, as it started to feel like she would never reach the bottom and the thought of forever falling, like in some terrible nightmare, grabbed hold of her. Then, she fell silent as she crashed into a stale pool of seawater.

visualspice

Calent was never a man to scream, but he too, found his own deeper voice joining hers as the pair fell into the darkness. Then after sometime, there was a SPLASh as the two smashed into stale sea water at the end.
And everything that was possible hurt. Gasping, he broke through the surface of the water, sputtering out what he had inhaled as he grimaced.

"This water smells like shit," he said between his teeth, and moved to peel the slimy residue from his face. Yuck.  Turning to Awiergan, he realized she was just as worse for wear as he as he released a heated breath. Glancing around, there was barely any light within here, so it was difficult to see.
"We need to find a way out." he said, and began to swim his way towards the edges, but from the looks of things, they appeared to be trapped. He felt his hands against the walls, but it was thick with slime and nearly impossible to get a hold of. Irritated, he smacked his hand across the water before raking it through his hair as he breathed.  "So much for finding any more lucky traps," he muttered, not realizing there were dark creatures, long and sleek, like snakes, swimming just beneath them. He was in quite the sour mood, and assumed this place was as good as any to become their grave upon this island.

Juno

As she broke the surface again she flew into a bit of a panic, swimming around the space trying to find some way out, some passage they were missing. "No shit!" she snapped at him, her hands still grasping at slippery walls as she tread water. Hearing the crack of his hand across the surface, she turned to look at him, gasping just in time to get a wave of water in her face.

Wiping the stuff from her face, she snarled and swam to him, pushing at his shoulders and smacking him in the face. "This is your fault, you stubborn ass! If it weren't for your pride, we wouldn't even be in this mess! So what are you going to do about it?" she asked, her voice holding some warning she probably wouldn't ever be able to make good on, oblivious to the danger below.

visualspice

Calent growled. He had just enough of this shit, and was about to give her a piece of his mind when something suddenly wrapped around his ankles and yanked him under the water as he yelped, disappearing from sight.

Juno

Watching him disappear in the dim light that remained startled her, but she didn't take it seriously at first. "Stop fooling around!" she demanded, clapping her hand down hard against the surface. When he didn't come back up immediately, though, she let herself drop beneath the water. There was no way she was going to let him get away with trying to pull this over on her!

It was dark and she moved blindly, only seeing a flicker of movement here and there as she went down. When she finally made contact with him, feeling hair brush against her forearm, Awiergan seized a fist full in her grasp and yanked hard, trying to drag him back up with her all the while remaining oblivious to the danger just beyond.

visualspice

As Awiergan tugged at his hair, he let out a yelp, gasping and taking in water. ANd as she continued to pull, a black creature slithered at her side, skirting against her legs and moving like a dense shadow just inches behind her so she'd be able to hear the movement cutting through the water as it wavered around her ears.
And then a moment later, one of the creatures curled infront of her, circling around...
and all that could be seen of it was a dark as ink silhouette.. and the faint glitter of silver around it's jagged teeth and eyes.

Juno

Confused for the bubbly yelp, Awiergan let go when she realized the resistance she was meeting with him was firm. Startled by the touch of something against her leg, she shied away and whipped her head to watch what faint movements she could discern. The sounds so close to her ears finally got her connecting the dots that this wasn't Calent's doing. The flicker of light bouncing off of the creature right in front of her sent her into a panic as it confirmed her thoughts.

Rising to the surface for a moment to take another gulp of air, the piratess had no idea what she could do, being at such a disadvantage in the dim light beneath the surface. Knowing he would probably drown without her, though, she dove back down in search of the stubborn duke. Each brush of the slimy creatures had her flinching, but finally the touch of his drenched shirt alerted her to his presence and she latched onto him. Desperate with her own depleting supply of air, she looped her arms around his back to pull him by his underarms as she kicked hard against the creatures she could feel beneath her feet.

ooc: Really sorry about the huge delay. >.<