Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Long Wait in Line

Started by visualspice, December 28, 2012, 03:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He hadn't expected her to be so foolish, but perhaps he was the one being foolish. Growling that she was now armed again, he took a step away.
"Just get dressed and lets get on with this." he said, moving away from her and to gather his own clothes, but he hardly dropped his own blade and went about fetching up his own clothing. If she was going to get her damn horse and money, it was best to just rip the band aid off his wound fast.

He found something, stepped behind his dressing screen and tossed the robe aside and began slipping into his own clothing, carefully watching her silhouette on the other side lest she try something funny as he hurriedly worked at the millions of buttons on his green doublet. Damn, there were so many wretched god-foresaken gold buttons he had to fumble into the tight button holes.
With pants secure and his shirt mostly fixed, he stepped out, fussing over the collar as his eyes remained coldly upon her, like a calculating wild animal.

"Are you ready, my lady?" he said coldly- the word meant to prod her- OBVIOUSLY she was no lady and the souredness on his tone could not be missed!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

"That's what I thought," she snapped back, though her confidence was waning a bit after being caught unarmed. She couldn't let that happen again. Her eyes followed him and remained upon the screen until she was sure he wasn't going to run and attack her or something. Though, she couldn't really be certain of that sort of thing either way. 

Never setting the knife down, she finished dressing, doing up the pants she was given and rolling up the sleeves of the shirt a bit. Her eyes then wandered over to the closets once she saw him come back out. "Not quite. I need a coat," she sighed.

She took it upon herself to go look for one, stepping up to the closets but keeping her head turned so he couldn't just walk up and stab her in the back. "Do you have something practical? I don't like all of these...decorations. They're tacky," she complained.

visualspice

Calent could have snorted, and perhaps he did, at her request for a coat.
"Sure, help yourself," he seethed, watching her and imagining sinking his dagger into the back of her head. Or, atleast knocking her out and letting her rot in jail. That was almost more pleasing than just tacking away her life.
She'd get hers someday after all was said and done, he was sure of it!

Then she had the audacity to complain about his selection of clothes.
Her rolled his tongue inside his mouth, pressing it against his cheek before sighing.
"You're in a duke's closet," he informed her, nose to the air.  "I don't carry pauper's clothing."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

"You have something in your ears? I said it's tacky...too much going on. It looks like you try too hard to show you're the duke, you know." Finally she pulled the least offensive one out and pulled it on over her shoulders. She still looked dissatisfied, though, as she turned to him again and smoothed her hand across the front of it. 

"Nothing practical... You must spend your time indoors. What do you do when you go hunting? I bet you don't even do that," she said with a shrug and sigh. 

She started moving towards the door, then, waving her hand at him in an impatient manner. "Come on, I'm ready to leave now. Where's your gold?"

visualspice

This time Calent did snort as he glared at her.
"I don't keep my hunting attire in this room," he informed her coldly. Why would he? She apparently knew not of the intricacies of royals.  Then again, most commoners could not. Let alone pirates...

"I'll have to summon a servant to retrieve and prepare it.." he said cautiously, realizing it wouldn't be wise for her to go anywhere near where he kept his gold. After all, if she got a hold of his necklace, who's to say she wouldn't come back here to pluck him dry? Though he had a lot of gold, it wasn't for her to just scoop up and steal it all away. He had a duchy to run, after all.

He studied her in his jacket, and his frown deepened.  Not only was she tainting his family's necklace, but soiling his clothing as well.  Though, he wouldn't admit she looked appealing in it; he only again, concluded he'd need a courtesan after all this was said and done. Especially if he was secretly admiring a pirate in his clothes! A foolish notion!

He moved towards the door, but paused in mid-step, his shoulders tensing before he sighed.
He was torn- he also did not want to leave her alone in his room, nor let a servant see her in his presence nor....

"How well can you hold your tongue?" he asked after a moment, regretting his decision when he realized.. it would be wise for her to accompany him everywhere until this was all settled.
"Once we step outside of this place, I don't need you making this situation any worse."

Though at this point... he was ever calculating her demise. He'd have to think quickly on a plan, and then moved to open the door, calling a servant.
"Yes, my lord?" the man asked, briskly approaching the door. Calent blokced the man's view from  seeing Awiergan.
"I need a horse prepared in the stable. And lots of bags of gold."
The servant hesitated.
"Ye-yes, my lord. Do you plan to travel."
Calent paused to think.
"I realized an error in my tax calculations last night and will have a servant carry out the monies to the appropriate person before the morning." After all, the sun hadn't even risen yet.
The servant only looked at Calent, but nodded his head.
"Yes, my lord." and he went away.
Calent's eyes followed him, he still remaining at the door, knowing full well Awiergan would be right behind him.
"Let's head to the stable." he said dryly.

Juno

Awiergan gave a brief "hmph" for each of his answers, as they were wholly unsatisfying to her interests of properly staking out the place and, more specifically, what other riches hid from her view. She took the moments of silence between them as nothing more than him sizing her up for a possible attack. It caused her to tense up and she did not relax in the slightest until he spoke to her again.

She shrugged at his question, but as he moved to the door she stepped closer to be right up beside him. Wanting to know who he was talking to, she tried to look over his shoulder through the small crack in the door, but he was blocking it quite well. All she could see was shadows, though she heard their conversation easily enough.

"You know," she began slowly, poised to follow him out, "you could always pay me off. Separately, of course. A good bit of gold could keep me quiet... if I'm too distracted by counting it." She was smirking now. She knew quite well she was asking far too much of him already.

"I'm sure you have enough to keep me interested. From all of your taxes and such."

visualspice

He remained silent and angrily lead her into the hall.  Ideas were brewing, ways to distract her indeed, but this fiend, this pirate, would NOT get away with her atrocities!

"I only want you on a horse and out of my duchy," Calent said coldly and the hall felt never ending. He supposed, in the unlikely situations like these, that the luxuries of a duke were more of a hindrance, almost a punishment as they went by floor after floor, stair case after stair case before finally the duke pushed the great doors open and the two would walk out into the stone pathway crawling towards the rear of the castle where the stable nestled.

Thankfully, the pirate wouldn't realize weapons were in surplus within the stables-
considering his armed guards tended to these horses from time to time, and horse thieves, although rare, did exist.
As they approached the gate, the duke fished out an iron key from his pocket, slipped it into the key hole and pushed the doors open.
The smell of horses and hay filled the air as he pressed forward, still in silence, not wishing to say any more to this pirate than was necessary.

He examined the area, it was still dark, so the night only greeted them with shadows.
He turned around to face her.
"It seems it might take more time than anticipated for my men to show up with the gold," he told her flatly, keeping his cool about him as they stood in the glow of the moon.  "Perhaps we can go inside and see to your horse?"  He showed now hesitance, only being as cordial and cold as he could, but never let his eyes drift from her.  He wanted to keep this grubby pirate in sight.

Juno

"Suit yourself," she dismissed, straightening her shoulders proudly as she followed him through the castle.

As soon as they were outside, though, she was back into flight mode. Her eyes were never still as she scoped out possible routes of escape and oriented herself with where she knew the roads were. The moment he opened the doors to the stables, though, she stopped and hesitated just outside.

She was wary of a possible, if unlikely, ambush; perhaps he'd managed to communicate some signal with his guards. The last thing she wanted was to become trapped within the confines of a smelly barn to meet her death. But... if it really was just the two of them then she thought she might be at an advantage in the darkness.

Cautiously, she finally moved forward to go inside and stand before him. True to her suspicions, the place smelled of leather, sweat, and horses. "I want a nice, strong stallion. Don't try and give me a wimpy little pony. I want fast and I want strong. The better the horse the sooner I'll be out of your hair," she reminded him, though she was just as concerned about being able to flee in case she was  followed.

visualspice

"I'll give you the strongest, the fastest and hardest riding horse we've got." His reply came, almost mocking her as he brushed past her so his shoulder smacked off of her.
"But don't forget our agreement. I want the necklace back. I want it in tact and," he paused as he was fussing over the saddle beside a black as night stallion. "And I want you as far from here, as far from my duchy as this beast can carry you." His eyes stared at her menacingly, with promise of some dark consequence lest she cross him again. "Because let me swear to you this, pirate wench, that if I ever so much as smell you or your kind in Allar again, you..." his eyes pierced her, as if they were a dagger themselves. "You will be hunted down like the dog you are and when I find you, and my men will, if we're so inclined, you will be put on display to show the world of your true colors of cowardice."

The night was only barely a chill, but because he was so riled by her, his breath could be seen in the darkness.
HE turned back to the saddle.
It was his stallion, beside his other trained mare. Both were of the finest stalk- both he broke in personally. He stroked the black horse's mane.
It would only take a second, just a mere slight of hand to procure the weapon hidden within the saddle..
but he bided his time, quietly, his eyes returning to her...
Like a snake staring at it's victim.

Juno

She just rolled her eyes at his threats. She believed him, but she also knew it had been a simple accident she'd been discovered in the first place. What she didn't believe was that he was going to give her his best horse. There had to be something wrong with the thing, perhaps it was crazy. A noticeable wince came as she thought about finding out much later he was irritable or bucked or bit when he didn't want to do something. That wouldn't surprise her; he would be just like his owner.

"I'm not a coward... but you won't see me here again," she answered simply, waving her hand dismissively at the idea of them catching her. 

Ignorant to there being more weapons at his disposal, Awiergan did not fear his eyes upon her, studying her. She was growing impatient, though, as the seconds ticked by and was getting grumbly about her gold not being there yet.

"What's taking so long?" she finally whined, glaring at Calent as if it were his fault, and it was in her eyes anyway. "I swear, if you try to pull something over on me here," she waved her little knife at him, "this gutting you will be the last thing you'll ever see.

"If I die here you're going down with me," she spat, overly paranoid.

visualspice

Calent remained staring at her, coolly.
"I would't dream of letting your blood soil my land."
His eyes scanned about, but still no sign of the gold. He knew it would take some time, afte rall, that much gold was not easy to just simply gather, nor to cart, and was heavy. He doubted many servants had been awake at that hour and were probably being awoken now.  He sighed inwardly.  There would be... much to explain.

Then his eyes went back to Awiergan as his fingers itched over his hidden blade, but he said nothing, wondering, or rather, slightly curious, how long it would take her to become impatient enough for him to find a good opening to strike-
He just needed her back turned for but a moment....

Juno

She rolled her eyes in the darkness, his lack of answer bothering her to no end. She just wanted to be on her way now and she was quietly cursing the servants in charge of gathering her small fortune.

Eyeing the horse, she stepped closer to them now. She snorted as she glanced down to the saddle. "What's wrong with you? Did nobody ever teach you how to saddle a horse?" she mocked, holding her hands out for it.

"Just give it to me, I'll do it, I guess," she sighed, having no idea of his plans.

visualspice

Calent with held an expression, but merely stepped aside to let her have at it.  His patience seemed to gain him the exact moment he needed as he moved silently behind her, the sword suddenly pressed against the small of her back.

"How about we change the plan.." he told her coolly, words against her ear. "You, drop the necklace. And you, well, you can tke my horse and get the hell out of my kingdom before I run this blade through your back." It was a threat, pure and simple-
He would not be made the fool, and her agitation, her impatience would be the end of her!

OOC: Hope it's ok to assume she went forward, <3 if not I can fix my post!
but feel free to 'assume' any surprise attacks on him lol (OR ADMIT DEFEAT! BWAHAHAHAHA)

Juno

Her eyes went wide as she felt the tip of the blade against her back. Goosebumps shot across her skin at the sensation but she was angry more than anything. Inwardly kicking herself for being so foolish, Awiergan's eyes searched the area frantically for anything she could grab to help her or a way to escape.

Her face twisted into a grimace as she tried to look at him over her shoulder. "You know what? You're more underhanded than any pirate I've ever known. Disgusting noble," she hissed.

With her heart pounding in her ears a hand slowly reached up, brushing against the necklace, but it stopped short. It would be a bold move, to be sure, but it was the only way out that she could see.  Immediately, her leg shot back to hook around his own, jerking hard to try and catch him off guard and pull the ground out from under him.

visualspice

Calent sneered at her comment.
"I wouldn't know. Your kind need to stay at sea."  He was feeling rather confident with the blade at her back, that was, until she did a bold move...
and she succeeded.

The duke fell back, making a noise, but not without spooking the horse in the process as it's legs reared up as it cried, before slamming it's hooves back into the ground.  Calent had been stunned, and looked up just in time to watch the horse rear over top of him, barely rolling out of the way in time before the hooves crashed down towards the earth.

The beast then tore out of the stable and run frantically out into the lawn.

Stunned a moment, Calent realized the opportunity as he kicked back, hoping to trip the piratess and when she'd fall, she'd find him on top of her-
that same dagger that had been pointed to her back then at her throat.  It was only then he noticed the jewels and he growled.

"Remove... the... necklace." he seethed.
He was NOT about to play any more of these silly games!

OOC: Oh noes!
*waits for him to be proved wrong*

Juno

Awiergan hadn't expected the horse to startle. Standing in shock of the animal and fearing she might be knocked down and trampled, she entirely missed Calent's own near miss. When the horse ran, though, she stared at it helplessly and sprung to get out of its way when...she tripped.

She didn't fall but she was stumbling forward precariously as her hands desperately searched for something to grab onto. That happened to be the wall of the stall, though she ended up slamming into it as she tried to regain her balance.

As she glared at Calent, though, she saw her chance. She didn't blink as she stared at the open stall door. It was a small chance, but it was the only way she could see of getting out of this both alive and still a bit richer. She bolted for the opening, thinking if she was fast she might be able to catch the horse, too, before he got too far away.

visualspice

Calent watched in horror as the pirate snaked free and made her way for the door. With blade in hand, he thought quickly, noting the heavy bag used for one of the stable pulleys hanging over the door. With precise aim, and a prayer, he threw the blade whcih sailed int the air, snapped into the mark as it broke the rope that bound the heavy parcel to the air...
And down the thing went, slamming heavily into the ground before her and shrouding the stable door way with smoke.

Calent didn't wait to react as he was on his feet and making his way towards her, tearing across the floor and jumping into the dust-
and a hand reache dout and gripped onto her arm as he dragged her towards him.
"You're not going anywhere!" he roared, but then again, what threat was he? BUt an angered man who was without his blade?

Juno

She thought she was in the clear. Thought She gasped in surprise as a blur fell down before her and covered the area in a heavy haze. That caused her to inhale some of the stuff, though, and it only took her a moment to start hacking. Lifting a hand to wave at the stuff did nothing to clear it, but then she felt herself being yanked back sharply and his angry voice was in her ear again.

"Get your hands off of me!" she wheezed, slashing wildly with her knife at the arm she knew was connected to her, though she had no idea and could not see where the rest of him was.

visualspice

The knife connected with it's mark as the duke winced and pulled away, blood dribbing down his arm as he latched out with his other hand and snagged her again, yanked her towards him so that her body collided into his- his other hand, though bleeding, snatched the wrist of the hand that held the blade and there they stood, dust settling around them and soot their faces and hands as he glared down at her, faces only inches apart.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Juno

She yelped in surprise as she was dragged back over and struggled as he subdued her attempts to struggle and stab him more. A snarl escaped her at his words. The nerve of him to keep her there! "I'm leaving, you soulless whelp!" she barked, glaring up at him.

Stubbornly struggling against his hold on her again, Awiergan jerked her knee up in an attempt now to hit him any way and anywhere that she could. She spit at his face for good measure, aiming for the eyes.

ooc: Oh, the drama. xD