Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Long Wait in Line

Started by visualspice, December 28, 2012, 03:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Calent growled at her, baring his teeth and attempted to shake her.
"YOU WILL NOT LEAVE ME A FOOL!" he roared, voice echoing around them in a monsterous boom-
And it was only then he heard a noise just outside the door and his eyes jerked to see...
Two servants had arrived with a cart fool of gold.

The servant cleared his throat.
"Duke Calent?"

Calent set his jaw, standing there, blinking like a stupid man as he held his.. 'whore'.
In a quick motion, he jerked her hand that held the dagger behind him and glared towards the servant.
"Can't you see we need a private moment alone?" the duke snapped, and the servant, bowed.
"Yes, my lord. We will leave the gold right here."

Calent's eyes were simmering as they remained upon the servants until they disappeared, then he released an angered breath and turned to glare back at the pirate.

OOC: IT was about time they showed up with the gold XD
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

She continued to glare at him as he hollered at her, wincing as the sound was practically ringing in her ears. When the servants arrived, though, her head jerked quickly to stare at them. She gasped when she realized that this might be her end, that he could just have them hold her so he could kill her on the spot with her own blade. But he didn't.

Her face screwed up in confusion as he ordered them away, but it was not lost on her that her knife was now perfectly positioned. She fiddled with it quietly as she watched the two strangers leave. As soon as it was turned she pressed the tip against his back. "You're going to let go of me now," she whispered to warn him once more. "Just let go and I won't kill you. Step away and you can have your damn necklace."

ooc: I loves it xD

visualspice

It was about that time he was kicking himself for letting his anger get the better of him, and scowled towards her as he released her from his hands.  Then, slowly, ever so slowly, and without moving his eyes from upon her, he stepped back, once, twice, then settled a few feet from her before releasing an agitated breath.

"It seems we have your gold," he seethed, eyes going to the necklace, then to her.  "Let's just be done with this." He placed a hand out. "The necklace.." he fully expected her to just give it to him and she could deal with the gold as she was.  It was not even about the heirloom anymore, but his pride. He would NOT be bested by her..

EVen though it was clearly evident he was.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

She was surprised he was actually listening this time. Adjusting to hold the knife firmly in front of her as he backed away, she relaxed her expression as she waited for him and ended up taking a couple of steps back herself to put that much more space between them.

"It does seem that way," she answered, refusing to look away from him for fear of him attacking. But she didn't want to give it up anymore. The horse was gone, she couldn't trust him to just fulfill his end of the bargain anymore and she had no way of safely leaving with that much gold.

Her eyes wandered down to his hand as he prompted her for the thing and, to appease him, she slowly reached up to touch the necklace again with her free hand. As soon as her hand was on the clasp, though, she turned tail and ran out the door. Almost falling as she rounded the corner, she shoved her hands into the cart to pull out at least some gold as she ran by. Shoving the stuff into her pockets, she bolted right back out the doors they'd entered through and she ran for the hills, and literally for her life now.

visualspice

Calent's face fell as she took off running.
Then quickly anger became him as he went into pursuit, snatching up a dagger along the way and stumbling to a rush out into the courtyard.  His servants, of course, had listened and left them alone, something he cursed himself inwardly for, that and his snobbish ability to believe he could do everything himself...
but then he saw it, his horse and lifted two fingers to his lips and whistled.
The horse came storming his way and soon, his legs were slipping over the saddle as he rushed her, horse nearly leaping over her as it's hooves hammered into the ground.
Then, with a jerk of the reigns, he had his horse turned around, he and the animal now in front of the run away pirate as he jerked the reigns, and had the horse stomp towards her, not once, but twice as he tried to get her to realize the tables had turned!

"GIVE ME THAT NECKLACE, PIRATE! BEFORE I CALL MY WHOLE ARMORY UPON YOU!"

Juno

She thought she was in the clear until she heard that whistle. Her heart sank as she looked back to see him and the horse thundering for her and she altered her course to move out of the way, but she never stopped running. But then he circled back and was right in front of her.

With eyes wide in surprise she skidded to a halt before the beast could step on her. The necklace glittered in the moonlight as she glared up at him for his threats. She lunged forward to grab a fistful of the reins to try to pull them out of his grasp as she poked the beast in the chest with her knife to force him back, hoping all of the sudden movements would knock him off balance.

visualspice

The horse was startled and reared back, and the momentum, enough to toss it's rider into the mud as the horse kicked once and took off fearfully into the woods...

OOC: I..
would add more but this is SO Much more delicious as a one sentence response! <3

and you'll never see me post something this short normally EVER but...

CALENT'S FACE...
*point points*

IN THE..
*POINTS*

MUD!

X3

<3 reply as you would!
Mockery or freedom..
She has a choice if she can get to the horse...
<3 or you know, stick aroudn with her favorite muddy duke!

Juno

As the horse reared her arm was yanked up until she was just standing on the tips of her toes, face twisted in a grimace at the sharp pains that shot through her. It was the fear of being trampled that made her let go and as soon as she did she sadly watched the horse run away without its rider. She was sure this was the only time in her life she'd lost the same horse twice, but there was no way she could catch up to it now.

Turning slowly, she fully expected Calent to be standing there ready to drive his blade through her belly, but he was lying on the ground. He was in mud, to be more specific, and the grime from the soot coupled with mud being caked onto him was almost too much to take now. That and his chance at catching her was fading away.

She stared at him in silence now as she stepped closer to stand over him. Her luck was almost too good to be true... But why was she getting closer?! This was her chance! Probably the only real one she would get.

In a second she whirled around and ran away after the horse while desperately trying to mimic the whistle for the horse with no success.

visualspice

Face in the mud, his hand shot out and latched onto her ankle, fully aiming to bring her down with him, but she easily slipped away.
He was pissed.
No, he was beyond pissed and as he lifted himself up, his face, hair, his clothes..
It was all covered with mud!
And to think, the poor duke had just gotten a bath!

And then he lunged at her, making chase for a while before suddenly snatching her beneath his hands and grabbing for the necklace desperately at her throat while muck and mud spattered everywhere, only he found himself slipping over top of her and falling...
in a most precarious situation as he went down...
right on top of her..
belly to belly...
face to face...
legs tangled around legs as he peered down at her, as a few splatters of mud from the tip of mud masked face fell onto her cheek...

As he stared at her, frozen in horror....

But not because he was ontop of her in an oh so compromising position, but becuase the neckalce.. as they fell...

It broke.

Pearls and precious emeralds were everywhere, scattering into the grasses- some, truly, would be lost forever!

OOC: XD ok I COULD NOT help myself with this post!
IF you wnat me to adjust anythign let me know!
THis post sorta happened.

Juno

Awiergan fought him every unsteady step of the way. She tried to spin, tried to throw him off of her as she flailed her arms and shoved at him, but they ended up crash landing anyway. And a certain, sickening sound along the way seized her attention and had her stomach doing flip-flops. Her back met a slightly less mucky mud and she growled at him as she felt the stuff seeping into her hair and brand new clothes.

She stared up at him, glaring daggers at his muddy face, though she didn't understand his expression, cringing every time mud plopped onto her from him. She thought her heart stopped, though, when she felt some of the rest of the necklace slipping away: loose pearls rolling down her shoulders and neck and emeralds and diamonds down her chest and over her arms.

She let out a shriek of frantic grief when she realized what had happened, what that horrible sound had been, and she pushed at him frantically until she managed to roll them over. That only caused more of the necklace to fall apart, though, and slip away from them. "No! Nononononono! SHIT! .... Nooooo! You idiot!" she screamed down at him, tears burning up to her eyes as she watched with pure despair in her face before she realized she might be able to salvage something and scrambled away from him to try and sweep together what she could in the darkness.

"This is all your fault! You greedy bastard! Why?!" she wailed, snatching up what she could see glittering in what thin strips of moonlight were there.

visualspice

At her screams- at the sign of tears... glittering like the pearls and diamonds of the heirloom, now lost to the night,.. he snapped.

Rage compelle him, moved him forward as he seized her when she tried to scoop up her prize like some frantic loon, only to find himself tackling/wrestling and pressing her back to the ground with an irritated, heated growl, their faces inches apart, his hot breath across her lips, eyes meeting to hers in one crazy moment...

A hand went to her cheek, eye lids lowering as if..
As if he were about to kiss her when he halted, lips twitching barely an inch away.  His mind whirled, his body reeled back in surprise as he snagged the massive emerald she hadn't realized she had taken into her hand and claimed it as her own, but the heat of the moment, the insanity of desire still burning in his eyes as he glared down at her, her bodies pinned beneath his powerful legs as he stared at her in rage.

"The only real criminal is you!" he roared, voice as feral as a lions.  "You-" his eyes pierced the world like bolts of lighting. "You broke the necklace!" even though the obvious blame was mutual, who could have known who had struck the necklace in their frantic and desperate tumble in the mud-

But both were so eager to blame the other...
and Calent's body and mind was already blinded by such rage and hate that...
It left him lingering with a passionate lust and desire for her that that in itself, began to tear at him internally, like a monster.
How wretched! That he desired to kiss and bait and mate with a pirate right out here in the forests, in the mud..
necklace be damned!

Though the only evidence of his atrocities was the smolder, the passion, a hunger for her growing in his crazed green eyes as he stared down at her- legs locked and pinned on top of her, leaving only her torso, which was hardly spared as it seemed almost pressed beneath the presnce of his heavy and lust-crazed eyes.

OOC: XD

Hopefully this post makes sense and I hope it's ok I'm assuming her blind nab for the goods had her grab the famous emerald <3

and of course the crazy duke suddenly fancies her after all of their fighting lol

He so crazy XD

Juno

His insistence upon keeping her pinned and away from the remaining bits of necklace had her thrashing angrily beneath him, though she didn't have the strength to throw him off with her hands full now, refusing to let go like some raccoon clinging to a shiny scrap of metal.  With that hand upon her cheek, though, she thought he was going to try and kill her right there, break her neck, beat her, something... But he didn't, of course.

When she felt him snatching something away from her she yelped and looked down to see what he was holding. The big emerald. Of course. She stubbornly shoved the rest of what was in her hands into the pockets of her now muddy coat.

She didn't see the passion behind his rage now and only took that dark, crazed look in his eyes for loathing. "I did not break the necklace! You shouldn't have been grabbing at it! You broke it! Just you! Are you happy now?! Now let me go!" she growled as her now empty hands pushed at his legs.

Awiergan pushed at his legs as she twisted back and forth, trying to squeeze out from under him. Leaning up some to get more leverage, she didn't care what he might bark at her now; she was certain she would soon be a very dead pirate if she couldn't escape.

visualspice

It was all so chaotic and insane, and with her moving wildly beneath him like an animal, he felt like an animal too and went against all judgement and better principles as he slammed her back into the mud, hands to her shoulders, then to her neck, to her face as he captured her face suddenly, lips unto lips.....

It was a cruel and wicked moment, one of pure bliss, passion and rage; and the feelings and emotions, so raw and untamed he couldn't stop himself as he feasted upon her lips, gobbling her up into his wild passion and smearing the mud from his hands all over her as he kissed.
The jewelry be damned- he was suddenly overwhelmed by a sudden need, a sudden desire for this pirate he had never felt before and couldn't stop until...

Suddenly he gasped, rearing back, but remaining, legs still pinning over hers as his hair spilled wildly over his face.

Gods.. what had he just done!?

OOC: THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT IF SOMEHOW CALENT TURNS INTO A REAL BOY AND KILLS ME DX

<3 <3 <3 <3

Juno

She was ready to beat him senseless for this third instance of pushing her back down into the mud. No matter who he was or who she was that was just outrageously rude! But then his hands moved up. And up. And up. He was smearing mud all over her and now... Now she was caught up in a bruising kiss.

Her eyes went wide as she continued to push at him, her hands now at his sides, thinking he'd gone absolutely mad. Though, she couldn't deny the softness and warmth to his lips.

All of it was quickly becoming so overwhelming: being kissed, caked in mud, and still fearful and frantic about the necklace and escaping to keep her freedom. After a moment she just went with it, playing along so he didn't rip her head off with his greedy, devouring kisses –or so she thought.

When he pulled back she stared up at him with a surprised and questioning twinkle to her eyes, her lips slowly screwing up into a look of puzzlement as to what just happened. And why. And how. Slowly she reached a hand up to try and wipe mud from her cheeks, as if that would help the situation running all along her back. Then, fingertips moved to brush the corner of her mouth as if wondering if this was all real.

"I... You...," Awiergan began, struggling with words and having no idea what to say to the man who'd spent most of the night glowering at her and the rest of it yelling at her. A quick glance down informed her that she was still firmly pinned to the ground, but then she lifted her gaze to just stare at his eyes again. She wasn't sure what to do now, what to say, what might make him let her go, but being kissed by the duke was the last thing she'd expected to happen tonight.

visualspice

As a duke, for propriety, and as a gentleman, he suddenly found himself removing himself from her, but the look of surprise was still evident on his face. He could't look away from her either, and if the mud wasn't so stuck to his skin..
she might see the fierce burn of his blush.

"I..." he began, but could say no more, all words becoming lost to him as he stared at her, his mind a dizzy, hot mess.

Juno

As soon as he was off of her she was scrambling to her feet, if unsteadily. She just stared at him in frightened awe now, unsure what her next move should be. Then she blurted out, "I should leave," and was off once again, bolting across the muddied grounds with the loose jewels and gold that managed to stay in her pockets.

visualspice

And as if it were a bad dream, Calent could only watch her disappearing form vanish into the woods.  He was unable to think or move, let alone pursue as he collapsed against a tree, his mind whirling.

What had he done!?

Not only was the necklace broken, but his heart was beating like a wild drum and all he could think about was..
He touched his jaw lightly...
.. how much he enjoyed that kiss and wanted more.
He shivered outwardly and tried to shake the sensation away..
Then with wounded pride he knelt down in the cold grasses and mud and began to fetch up whatever remnants of the necklace he could, thankful, at least, the large emerald had remained..

Perhaps the necklace could be salvaged and remade...

Repocketing it... Calent headed back towards his castle in stunned silence, thinking about ways to explain the necklace's sudden condition and also..
the sudden itch to smile on his lips.

He needed a vacation.

Juno

After leaving the duchy of Allar Awiergan had gone south to hide away her newest treasures in a small village at the border. She had to admit that it was quite a sorry sight being incomplete now, but it was what she'd gotten away with. From there she headed back to the coast ready to bide her time at the comfortable mercy of the port and sea.

It was bothersome to her, though, that for once she was uncertain of how she might obtain the rest of that necklace. Surely if she walked back into the castle someone would recognize her, and she didn't want to risk that after the close calls she'd had with the duke and all his threats to kill her. Perhaps while he was away? She didn't think many others had seen her and it sounded like a much safer bet. But would he ever let that damned thing out of his sights? She doubted that.

A faint blush came to her cheeks, though, whenever she thought about how she'd left, freshly kissed and muddy. She still had yet to figure out what had compelled him or why a pirate-hating duke would ever kiss...well, a pirate. It didn't help her color to think about the fact that she'd actually enjoyed what happened, sudden as it was, though she wasn't ready to entirely admit that.

Mulling over the how and why was all she did for the next week or so as she wandered about. Every time she was ready to leave she hesitated. She was waiting, listening to the whispers on the streets and not wanting to make a brash decision as to whether she should just go back or move on for now.

visualspice

OOC: I have plans in another thread, the What a Man wants Thread featuring Calent and Lady Kathryn, is presumed to take place between this time break :3

Just wanted to make a note of that! There are.. plans of a potential engagement in that thread, and I'm thinking about bridging the gap on the finalities and appropriations of the engagements here!
:3

and now...

FOR MORE EVILS

IC:

A vacation.
He needed a vacation; and also an excuse to just get away. Audric might have been surprised he was not confided in about the news until he was already preparing, but the duke had his mind set. He was going to visit the small island, the island of Breezewell, far off the coast of Connlaoth and to the south, the waters boarding theirs and that of Serendipity.  It was always warm there and pleasant, a find place for any nobleman to seek refuge from the trying situations of his life.

And the duke had much to think about, for soon, well before the year would end; he would have a bride.

And she.. she needed a necklace.
To tend to his wounds, he set out, not only to repair the necklace, but to make it far more grand than it had been in it's previous state. With the massive emerald still in tact, and some of the pearls salvaged, he found it was his duty to invest in acquiring the perfect necklace for a bride who, to the world, he would make known was his perfection.

So, to the port he went, post haste; and a ship and crew of The Forester was well loaded with supplies.  It yielded enough armed men and servants to make the trip relaxing, though the sailing should take nary a day from the main land, it was still quite the ship and would prove a worth while investment.

walking up the blank and onto his vessel, the duke stared briefly over his shoulder at the main land of Connlaoth, before disappearing onto his ship then began his journey out to sea....

Juno

As time went on the rumors and gossip of the town had shifted, and she heard chatter at a bar one night of a ship being prepared for the next morning. It drew her interest once she heard whom it belonged to, though, and where it was going. Her immediate, misguided thought was that the duke was going to store his riches there, and she quickly came to the conclusion that he was a coward for doing so.

She went out to see the ship in the early hours before dawn and her selfish little mind only punished her then for reminding herself of all that gold she should have gotten and still felt entitled to in some way. In her mind, she could have had something as nice as this, if not so very grand and big, so she climbed aboard and snooped around to see if she might find anything else of his worth taking.

Exploring the holds didn't yield much of anything of interest to her except food. She got her hands into almost everything she could but she couldn't find any false walls or spaces beneath the floors that might hide something valuable, but she was intent on finding something, anything.

So stubborn in her search was she that she only realized the ship was no longer in the port when she was slammed against the wall of a staircase as the sails caught the wind. With wide eyes she raced back up to the deck only to see that they were in deep waters and the port was getting smaller and smaller...