Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Long Wait in Line

Started by visualspice, December 28, 2012, 03:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

As the duke observed, the ship was sailing with the speed of Grace,a nd once satisfied things seemed to be going smoothly, he reported to his men he wished to remain below deck until supper. They obliged him, and Calent opened the door, and began walking down the steps.. not noticing the pirate wench hiding in the shadows below.
No, no, he'd never dreamed he'd see her again, and she was the last thing on his mind.
All he could think about now was his engagement and what it would mean.

he passed his private room and headed towards the supplies, examining them a moment before procuring himself a bottle of fine wine. He was too impatient to call for  servant. Then, with it in hand, he headed back towards his room.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

An odd panic set into her heart. She knew ships, loved them, had spent the better part of her life on them, but she felt like a caged bird there for some reason. She was back below on quick feet and was about to sprint down the hall when...she heard the door at her back opening again. She huddled down behind a small stack of crates just barely tall enough to hide her crouched form with her head poking over the side to see where the person who'd entered was going.

Her eyes narrowed at the man she saw, squinting to try and make him out though she didn't catch a good enough look at his face to even notice it was Calent. He kept on going, though, right down the hall. She used that chance to enter the room he had passed by; surely she would be safe there to gather her thoughts on this odd predicament!

She saw a table at the far corner of the room and wandered toward it. The chair with its back to the door seemed...different than the others. Once she got closer she wrinkled her nose at it. The patterns were far more intricate and the stain darker on the wood, plus the cushion atop it felt like it was stuffed with clouds once she pressed her hand to it. She thought it was almost too fine to be on a ship and she was sure she had never seen such a thing, but she wasn't recognizing the clues.

With a quick look back over her shoulder she scooted the chair back and climbed onto it. She ended up having to fold her legs beneath herself, though, as it was more comfortable than letting them dangle over the edge not quite touching the floor like some child. She gave it a good bounce or two and was pleased that it really did feel quite soft and fluffy.

Awiergan's fingertips brushed along the arms of the thing, studying the patterns and markings in the wood. It seemed like it had such...history, somehow. It was polished, but she still thought it looked quite old. Her eyes continued to follow the lines and swirls down the legs of the thing, leaning over the edge of her perch so she wouldn't have to get down to look

ooc: Sorry...this chair just came to me and wouldn't leave me alone. xD Let me know if I took too much liberty and/or you think I should make changes.

visualspice

OOC: OMGERD, she's MOLESTING his chair!
DX

X3

IC:

Just wine wouldn't do.  He found himself the barrel of fresh apples and took one, polishing it on his chest after he had fetched open his chest from storage. This one contained hundreds of book.
His eyes scanned them, then, finding one of some interest, lifted it up and leafed to the front page, idly reading as he took a bite of the crisp apple and moved towards his room.
The door was slightly open, he need only his boot to push it open and as it creaked open, he stepped inside, well indulged with his nose in his book, apple to his lips as he took another bite and moved throughout, closing the door behind him with a click to lock it, another crunch to the apple, and more words digested from the book.

Still, he had no clue as to the other occupant within his room- blissfully unaware as he enjoyed but a single moment of peace in his life.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juno

ooc: Molest dah chair! (<

ic:

She froze when she heard the creak of the door. Cautiously peeking over the side of the chair she was alarmed at the sight of a person...with their nose stuck in a book. But as that person stepped further into the room she recognized that hair coupled with the side of his face to be Calent, the duke with the nasty bark. That had her snapping back to sink herself into the chair, tucking herself into the middle of the cushion. She hadn't expected him to, well, actually be aboard his own ship.

She thought he might leave, though, that perhaps he'd just come in to grab something, so she waited and listened to him going about, her ears being her eyes while she stared down at the table before her with a panicked expression.

visualspice

Nose still to his book, he took a few steps forward, slowly reading, taking another bite, chewing his apple, then placing his hand onto the back fo the chair and turned it, pushed it open and took a step to sit..
only to register the sudden extra weight of the pull as he turned to look down, his eyes widened as his apple dropped between them, landing red and bitten, upon her lap.

OOC: Short and sweet <3
looooool

Juno

Every step closer had her cursing herself inwardly for not trying to leave or hiding elsewhere. Her heart pounded louder and louder in her ears as she fussed over all the things that might happen if she were discovered: Hung, slayed, tossed out to sea, thrown in jail, tortured...

As she felt the chair being pulled back she almost leapt to her feet right then and there, but he was quick to step up and unknowingly block her escape without awkwardly climbing over the arms or the back. She froze, though, when her light eyes met his dark ones and immediately widened as she clenched her fists and jaw.

Awkwardly picking up the apple, she cautiously held it out to him like she expected him to take it back now.  “I’m not in your duchy,” she reminded him quietly with a slow, sheepish smile.

visualspice

The book fell second, nearly toppling o top of her head as the pages leafed wildly and fluttered to a hard drop at the floor...
and he, well, Calent was reeling back, yanking out the knife that had been well concealed inside his  jacket and pointed it at her.
"YOU!"
His eyes flared wildly, his body tense, his mind, in disbelief!

Juno

Awiergan hissed at the feel of the solid thunk the book left to her shoulder and then arm. At the flash of the dagger, though, she started fumbling for her own and throwing the apple at his face with the hope of distracting him while she scrambled to her feet. "Don't you point that thing at me!" she warned, surprised that he was actually....prepared this time. 

visualspice

He caught the apple, which, even to him was a surprise, as he continued to glare at her and bared his teeth.
"You're on my ship!" she growled, the knife still pointed towards her as he remained, still in alarm.

Juno

"Yes, and?" Awiergan answered with narrowed eyes. Though, she knew what the problem was. She just didn't want to admit that he'd managed to catch her snooping around again. "I swear I'm not this bad of a pirate," she groaned, shaking her head in annoyance with herself as she started backing away to the door. 

visualspice

His eyes narrowed.
"And just where do you think you are going?" he demanded, taking a step towards her.
"We're hours out at sea, too far for you to just swim away into the main land," he growled.  "And my ship is full of armed men." Another threat, though he didn't press towards her, only held the knife towards her.

Juno

She bared her teeth at him at his reminders. "I'm trying to get out of here, I'll find somewhere else to go!" Though she had absolutely no idea where she would hide now that he knew she was there and might send his men hunting for her if she tried to run.

"What else would you have me do?" she barked, her voice rising in frustration as she saw no way out of this now even as she placed a hand to the door.

visualspice

Calent, hesitating, slipped his blade away.
"I suppose you're stuck here with us until we make land," he sneered, eyeing her up. "You can run all you want, all the good it will do you. My men will be all over you. There's no where for you to escape."

And.. after a moment of scowling, his body hiccuped and.. was that...
yes, a smile bloomed across his lips as he couldn't help himself...
It was just too much...

The pirate who tried to out thieve him...
She was now stuck as a prisoner on his ship....

Appearing leering, he slowly crept towards her.
"So how should I handle this stow away on board my ship? Ropes? Chains? Gagging?" he asked, each word pressed from his lips in a dangerous fashion, eyes solely upon her like a lion stalking it's prey as he approached.. one boot at a time until he had her cornered near the door.
"Or do I have to pretend your're my god damn consort?" the last part was spoken through his teeth.

Juno

She scowled at him and kept her blade pointed at him despite that she'd seen him put his away. The look on his face now wasn't helping her nerves; he was frightening and she was uncertain of the intentions behind that smile now.

Each suggestion had her paling further. The last thing she wanted was to spend this trip locked up in a cramped and cold cell gagged and in chains with no food. "I'll take the consort," she grumbled, glaring up at him and warning, "I'll kill you before you chain me up here. That's inhumane."

visualspice

"And if I like my consorts locked up?" his voice was playful, but also dangerous as he approached, staring at the blade before grabbing her wrist suddenly.
"Let me jsut make things very clear. I can have you killed right here and now and my men wouldn't think nothing of it.  If you want to live to at least taste the fine foods of an Allarian jail, you should hold your tongue, hold your wine, and keep the hell out of my way."
Pushing her aside, he sighed with disgust and moved away from her, pulling a hand down his face as he sighed again and remained, off in a corner, silently brooding.

What the HELL was he to do with her...
and more importantly, why the HELL did he care!?

Juno

"Not going to jail," she mumbled, snatching her hand back as he pushed her aside. Feeling slightly defeated she huffed at him pointedly and shoved her knife back into its sheath. She eyed him suspiciously , not understanding the frustration in his actions. Sure, she wasn't supposed to be there, but that was no reason to be so...unwelcoming of her presence.

Cautiously she slinked along the wall with her eyes on the door. Armed men be damned, she didn't want to get caught in there with a raging duke if he lost it on her and actually did try to lock her up. Her eyes were glued to the door now and steps were taken lightly across the creaky floor. Her hands made it back to the door again and she yanked it open quickly now to try and slip out before he noticed.

visualspice

Calent remained beside the wall, but over heard Awiergan heading towards the door. Sighing, he turned to face her.
"So you're going to just leave and run amok on my ship?" his eyes stared at her coldly, but he didn't dare go after her, just watched her as she stood beside the door, ready to leave.  "Perhaps you ought to be kept in chains..." he threatened and began to slowly approach, but stopped, instead nad began to retrieve his apple and book.

Juno

She froze, staring at him in puzzlement now. Running amok was a bit of a harsh term, she thought; she wasn't some wild animal or infernal brat that couldn't be calmed or told, well, not to do that. But his odd fixation upon chains was beginning to unnerve her. Maybe he would try to shackle her after all to let her waste away until they reached his destination. "Don't worry, I'm careful enough not to break things," she replied testily, eyes narrowing at him.

"What else would you have me do? I thought you wanted me to 'keep out of your way?'"

visualspice

He scowled at her now, for her statement and question.
"Yes, I wanted you to stay out of my way, but here I find you on my ship," he said coldly, wary eyes now upon her as he slowly approached. "And I have still yet to figure out what to do with you." he glared at her still. "I'm not sure if you're even fit enough to pass as a consort." He stared at her clothing with a frown, then back to her. "And we hardly have any suitable places in here for a cage.." the last words were threatened, like a growl.

Damn her for showing up on his ship! damn her! Damn it all!

Juno

"Oh, pah!"she dismissed, waving her hand in irritation at his suggestions. "You're all bark and no bite anyway, don't start that with me.

"Of course I'm suitable. Just tell them that I am and they'll believe you, right? Who would they be to question their duke? Their employer?" she reminded him, hoping it might save her from some misfortunate situation like the ones he kept threatening.