Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Piercing the Darkness, Dawn's Light Shines Through (Solo)

Started by Corona Starfire, March 09, 2013, 10:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corona Starfire

When his eyes opened, he lay at the bank of a river. He was soaked, presumably from being carried by said river. The man stood slowly, stretching his limbs to find nothing broken, albeit a few bumps and bruises. He rubbed his neck and looked around at the scene before him. He was next to a river which flowed through a forest, and in the distance he caught a glimpse of a mountain range. The sun was shining above him, giving off warmth and indicating the time of day as mid-afternoon.

His memory came to him slowly, but only in bits and pieces. He was with two others and, upon time-warp to this world, they were separated. He had no idea where the other two were.

With nothing else to do but explore while his pounding headache began to subside, the man made his way through the forest. Various wildlife could be seen throughout, and not a single one seemed afraid of him. At one point, a bird landed on his shoulder and sang a tune. The man paid it no heed. When he finally reached a clearing in the forest, he relaxed himself against one of the trees before the bird finally flew away.

"Where in the wold am I?" He asked himself. What he hadn't expected, however, was an answer.

"You are on a planet known as Earth, friend." Said an unfamiliar voice, one that sounded as if it came from an older man. One that sounded not nearly as friendly as the words would imply.

The young man looked up, only to see someone far older in appearance emerge from the forest as well, but on the side of the clearing opposite of himself. The man was rather short, with odd clothing resembling that of some sort of dark wizard.

"And.." The mysterious man continued. "I must say you were far harder to come across than I had expected. What is your name, friend?"

The young man gave the dark wizard a strange look. Something about this didn't seem right. "Matthias." He spoke, answering the question without trouble. However, he knew his man was not his friend. The tone in his voice made this obvious. Matthias moved himself away from the tree, moving farther into the clearing. "I must ask who it is I'm currently greeting. If you don't mind." He said, looking over the man suspiciously.

"I am known as Master Galakai, Matthias." He bowed formally, but still Matthias didn't think it was meant to be friendly. "Although I'm aware that is not your true name."

Matthias took a step back. Something was very wrong. This Galakai person shouldn't know anything about him.

"But your true name isn't relevant to me." Galakai said. "All that matters is that you are destroyed, here and now. I know you're in a vulnerable state still, and I want you gone before your powers return. Don't worry, your two little friends should have suffered the same fate by now."

Matthias frowned. "How do you know so much about us?" And the two others, gone already? He had his doubts. This man was simply trying to fluster him.

"Let's just say my Lord expected you. And, he knows what you plan to do. I won't allow it." Malakai grinned, as if he had already triumphed. Then, he placed his hands together, uttered some unknown arcane incantation, then spread his arms wide as a burst of energy exploded from them. The explosion caused the ground in front of Malakai to tremble then burst, revealing a giant skeletal entity easily the size of a typical house. However, the giant undead being had no legs, its spinal cord simply hung from below the rib cage. The body floated above the ground, apparently not needing legs to function. The arms wielded a large sword and shield, and the skull was fitted with a rusted, horned metal helmet. The body was covered in tattered leather armor. The eyes gave off a strong red glow, indicating some sort of twisted life was brought upon it.

"I would appreciate it if you simply died, friend." Malakai grinned.

Matthias jumped backwards as the skeletal giant rushed at him with its sword. The sword collided with the ground, sending debris in every direction. Matthias landed within one of the trees behind him, easily snapping off one of the branches which was as long as he was tall. He found this suitable for a makeshift blunt weapon.

However, his vision blurred slightly.

He was tired, still, and as such this fight wouldn't be easy for him.