Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hot Chaos (M)

Started by visualspice, January 04, 2013, 11:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"I don't know, he could be an Albert." Katahnia began, chuckling only when the horse began to snort angrily. "Oh, alright. Hrm.." She rubbed her chin thoughtfully, studying the horse as it looked at her. The beast was unable to eat any more grass. It was obviously antsy.
"I don't know," she sighed.  "We need to give him a clever name. Something.. punctual." She kept mulling it over, the horse following Kathania as she paced, his ears flattening when she'd walk nearby, then as she'd go farther away, they'd perk up, but then be pressed flatly against his head when she'd come back, running the shaggy grass before him into a small, flat line.
Sighing, she paused before the horse and looked over at Cauwyn.
With a hand to her hip, she spoke, "What about Amano?"

The horse looked from Katahnia to Cauwyn, back to Katahnia. It was better than Albert, but the horse still seemed.. uncertain. It pawed at the ground, whining slightly before looking over to Cauwyn for help.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Doc

"Amano?" Cauwyn mulled over the word like some unknown food, his thoughts playing easily across his face as he went from consideration, a smirk at the horses reservations, and then ultimately a frown as he shook his head, "Eh, I don't know.. Amano seems, hmm, weak maybe? An' as dumb as the animal is, 'e don't seem weak.."

The horse snorted at Cauwyn. Clearly it wasn't dumb, though it agreed with the man on not being weak. Still, the horses dark eyes stared at the man. While they obviously didn't get along, the animal seemed almost grateful being spared the name Albert.

"What about.." He tapped his chin as he thought, considering possibilities. He eyed the horse over, trying to think of something that was fitting to the horses nature. And also sounded good. Part of the reason he had sided against Albert, even though he was pretty sure the horse didn't like the name, was because he didn't like the idea of riding around on something called Albert. It wasn't fitting for a warhorse, even if the animal was just the possession of some two-bit lowlife who probably stole it in the first place, "Ol' Cuss? Or maybe just Cuss? I know th' damn thing makes me do that all th' time..." Cauwyn snorted as another thought struck him, bringing on a smirk, "Or maybe Cad?"

visualspice

"What about Winston? Or Peter?" Katahnia couldn't help but chuckle, already fearing the horse hated those too, which he did, giving her a look and quick swish of his tail. She moved forward, stroking his mane affectionately. "No, you're no Winston or Peter.. or Albert." She said, wrinkling her nose. "Hrmm.. we should name him something appropriate to our cause? Or based on his markings. His fur is such a deep brown it's almost black as his hair." She smoothed a hand over the white diamond upon his head. "And he's got a sweet white diamond of fur and those white socks around his hooves.."

The horse moved it's feet anxiously, not quite sure how to take the compliments.
"THough I don't think socks, or star is appropriate. Something... hrmm.."
She tapped a finger to her lips.
"What about something like Duskrider?"
The horse simply blinked, seeming to halt everything it did.
"It sounds like some mysterious heroic bandit name." she giggled.
The horse seemed to like it, throwing up it's head, puffing out it's chest and pawing the ground with pride. Katahnia giggled. "Oh my, for some reason I think the horse likes that name. Duskrider? Do you want to be called Duskrider?"
The horse raised it's chin proudly, before sputtering snot hotly from it's nose, trying to appear a great champion- the champion horse DUSKRIDER!
Katahnia couldn't help but laugh. "I suppose it has a nice ring to it. It's also a character from a book I read when I was young. A hero among thieves, the hero of the night."

Yes.. the horse was very much liking this name , indeed!

OOC: lol...
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Doc

"Eh," Cauwyn shrugged passively at the names of Winston and Peter. Personally he liked the name Cus for the horse. Or maybe even Gus, though did he really want to ride a horse name Gus? He smirked with his own internal thoughts as Katahnia kept talking about the horse, coming up with new names to introduce like Shit-lips or Simple Sal...

The horses snort brought him out of his own thoughts and he blinked as he saw the horse standing with its head held high. Thankfully, he caught Katahnia mentioning the name again before he had to ask what she had said. Fierce warrior or not, it was always dangerous to let a woman find out you weren't paying attention to her. Cauwyn flashed a quick smile and nodded his agreement.

"Duskrider, yeah? It's a good name, I like it.." He added in a cheerful tone, looking from her to the horse and back. He wasn't so happy with how pleased the horse looked, but it was better than riding around on Albert.

"A thief, huh? In a book? Like a wanted poster or somethin'?" Having never read a book, Cauwyn wasn't really sure what went on in them. Aside from magic, that went on in books. And numbers and stuff. He'd seen and signed plenty of contracts, but he had always had someone else for reading them. He smirked at the horse, "That you? You gonna be a famous thief from a wanted book? Hey!" His eyes brightened, " You could be a horse thief!" Cauwyns grin split ear to ear with that gem!

visualspice

Katahnia's mouth fell open in a smile, then stretched even wider as Cauwyn pressed on. She shook her head at his attempt at humor and approached the horse's front, petting the soft white diamond fur beneath his black bangs.
"Duskrider.. well, it's a story, not really on a wanted poster since Duskrider was never real." She smiled, blushing a bit (embarassedly) at the memory. "It was an adventure story. It was quite famous when I was little."
Smiling, she looked down at the horse.
"You make a very handsome Duskrider."
The horse gave another rise of it's head and so, it would seem..
from that day forward he would be known as Duskrider.

Then, turning from the horse, she stared quietly and admired Cauwyn in silence. She didn't know why, but Cauwyn reminded her of the man from the story...
and she couldn't be more proud and excited to have a lover such as he. But a part of her couldn't help but feel guilty. Perhaps they had rushed things but..
for now, everything felt right and perfect, and she would not question this feeling.

OOC: Sorry this post is lame ;_; I r b sleepy, but I still wanted to post D:
suppose um,  could just post them making camp and either have some more conversation/ character development between the two of them or fast forward so they get closer to her uncles? Or plan more mischief along the way...

the possibilities are endless! XD

Doc

OOC: What? Endless possibilities and evil plotting? Sweetness!

IC:
Setting up the camp went much faster this time around. Cauwyn gathered enough wood to get the fire started and then left it to Katahnia as a chance to practice her skills. They had enough provisions that they were able to piece together a rather tasty stew made from tomatoes, onions, cabbage and a little bit of their meat rations to add some more flavor. Along with splitting a half loaf of bread, the two were able to have a rather filling meal along with idle talk.

As night fell around them and they were left in the glow of the fire, Cauwyn reached into one of the larger pouches on his belt. From it he pulled a long-stemmed pipe and a small leather pouch. From the pouch Cauwyn packed his pipe and then lit it with a stick from the fire. A few comfortable puffs and the pipe was glowing evenly, filling the air with the scent of dark forest berries. He sighed contentedly and leaned back against a large log he had dragged over for them to sit on, though after dinner Cauwyn had chosen to lounge out on the forest floor and use the wood as a back brace.

"So, Katahnia.." He said after a short inhale, smoke trickling out of his nose and mouth as he spoke, "tell me about your uncle, yeah? What kinda man is he? What kinda dutchy does 'e run?" He smiled over at her, eying her in the fire light. She was so pretty, the way the fire danced over her. It made his heart race faster to think about her actually wanting to be with him. He was truly a lucky man, "I mean, I 'spose I should know somethin' 'bout this fella before we get there, yeah?"

visualspice

Katahnia had been enjoying the moment, alone in her thoughts, thoughts being positive for once as she considered the future. The lazy roll of the scent of smoke came to her nose suddenly and put her at ease. Her father had a pipe once. So did her uncle in question.
Sighing, she smiled and turned to him, resting an elbow on her lap and a hand to her cheek.

"My uncle was always a kind man, though while growing up he had a few rambunctious boys." she said with a chuckle.  "He was always like my father, though very soft spoken and sweet. I don't think I've ever heard him raise his voice. It would be.. nice to know if he' still alive. Even if he is an old man. I.. I suppose I just want answers. He might not have them but.. it'll also be nice to see a familiar face." She turned to Cauwyn, hugging her knees close. "I like the smell of that pipe."S he told him with a smile, green eyes taking him in and the lazy roll of smoke from his pipe. "It reminds me of both my father and Uncle. They used to enjoy their pipes beneath the trees on the lawn of our gardens, or in my Uncle's gardens."
SHe smiled at the memory.
"He had a nice place, very close to the mountains, to the forest,a lmost like he lived against the edge of the world and nothing but the wilderness stretching endlessly all around. It was always like a fairy tale to me.  To run back int he woods, up the hills.. Mmmmm.." she smiled at the memory, but then her face went long as she turned more seriously to Cauwyn. "Even.. even if he.. he is still around. I don't want anything from him but to talk I.." she hesitated over her words, carefully thinking them over.
"I would very much like to stay on this path we've found,"s he told him, admiring him against the fire's glow.  "I've come to accept my life has met a different direction." Her smile broadened. "And I feel comforted knowing I'll be making it with you."

The horse heard allt he noise and gave a snort.
Kathania turned to the beast and laughed, "And of course starting a new one with you, Duskrider." She teased, and then shuffled closer to Cauwyn's side, leaning her head against his shoulder, some of her soft, red-blonde hair tumbling over across his arm and chest.
"Mmm.. I couldn't imagine a better way to spend an evening," she spoke, staring up through the ceiling of pine, then to Cauwyn, her eyes locking to his, and going distance, going deep.

Doc

Cauwyn listened quietly as Katahnia spoke of her uncle, and her father. He puffed quietly on his pipe, watching her, studying her, but why he could not say. Not until she got caught up, that was what he had been looking for. When she carefully thought out her words Cauwyns face may have shown passive casual interest, but his heart was pounding loud enough he thought the nearest town could hear it!

But her answer came, her choice, and it was him. Him over riches and fancy clothes and what ever else it was that nobility did. He didn't know if he could have made the same choice if their roles were reversed. He had flirted at the edge of wealth, but the price to keep it was too high. But to have it just because of a name? Could he ask her to give that all up? Sure, she was happy now, but what about those months when the snows came? What would they do for money and food in this new life of theirs? As far as Cauwyn was concerned he had only one marketable skill, warfare. And Katahnia? She would try, he knew that, but in the end they had no real means to support themselves.

As Katahnia settled against him he smiled down at her and his worries seemed to melt away. As long as she was here, he would find away. He tilted his head back to blow away the smoke from his pipe and then looked down at her, their eyes locking. His smile grew wide and Cauwyn leaned down, kissing the top of her head.

"If that's what ya want," He said quietly, "then I'm happy. But, don't give up somethin' owed to ya just because of me, yeah? In the end, th' truth of the matter is that ya are nobility an' that entitles ya to more than I can give ya. Just, ya know, know that, yeah? That I'll do my best, I promise ya that, but I can't ever give ya the life you were used t'.."

visualspice

When Cauwyn mentioned giving up what could be owed to her, her face visibly fell and she turned away. It did pain her to think she might have to give up any title or money owed to her, if there was even a hope for that, and in all honesty, that was part of the reason she had originally wanted to go. She hadn't considered falling inlove with a scoundrel; a scoundrel who was her savior, her everything.
She didn't realize her mouth was open until it ran dry. Licking it, she pressed her lips together before turning to him, smiling warmly again.
"People do this sort of thing all of the time. I'm sure whatever may lay int he path before us, we can conquer it,"she said seriously, then gave him a leftward smirk and nudged her shoulder against him while her green eyes danced. "Besides, we have the toughest horse in all of the country."s he teased. The horse made a noise, not certain if he liked the joke.  "The three of us together could do anything!"

Really.. to the horse, he WAS a hero. HER hero. Not this ratty haired man.

Doc

He wanted to keep arguing with her about it. Tell her that no, people didn't do this sort of thing all the time. Very few members of nobility ever gave up their positions to live as a commoner, just as very few commoners ever rose to the ranks of nobility. Yes, it made for fancy stories told by the bards, but Cauwyn was a firm believer that those stories were lies.

Instead however, Cauwyn just gave her a frustrated sigh and rolled his eyes back when she mentioned the strength of the horse. The horse was a dumb animal. A dumb animal that seemed to know when you are talking about him, and smart enough to actively piss Cauwyn off, but a dumb animal all the same..

"Pssh," Cauwyn said as he wrapped his arm tighter around Katahnia's shoulder and pulled her in close, "shoulda traded that damn horse for a ass or mule or somethin'.." He grumbled around the stem of his pipe, though he did a poor job of hiding his smile, "now we're stuck with th' damn thing 'til we get t' your uncles.. Maybe we'll be lucky an' they'll wanna cut 'em up, use him for meat.."

visualspice

Katahnia smiled as Cauwyn drew her near. But she couldn't help but feel a bit squirmish. Despite what she said, she was still inwardly hesitant. But being at his side felt so right. Turning, she leaned in to kiss his cheek softly, a smile growing on her lips as she did.
It was only then she shivered and snuggled in even closer to him.

"This is perfect," she said after a time, her eyes going distant, reflecting off a dream. "Just you and me beneath this cozy pine. A small fire burning, the smell of the pipe, the warmth of your body.." She blushed a little at the thought.
If every night could be like this, she knew she could have the strength to endure it, to endure anything.

"Perhaps we ought to call it a night?" she said after a time. "Or did you want to practice with our new weapons?" she recalled the way he looked inside the smith's. "It might do me a world of good to get used to that new sword we bought incase...." she held her breath, then smiled warmly. "Well, just to be safe. Besides, it's been known that practice makes perfect."

Doc

Cauwyn relaxed in half-lidded contentment as Katahnia snuggled closer. The warmth of her body against him brought about all kinds of interesting emotions and physical reactions and when she mentioned retiring for the night Cauwyn flashed a wolfish smile. He was certainly looking forward to that..

Then she mentioned the swords and his eyes widened somewhat in surprise. He had nearly forgotten about them! With a nod he began shifting beneath her, pushing himself up, "Yeah, that's pro'lly for the best. We'll see how ya feel with this new blade, make sure ya like it an' its weighted right.." He paused before actually getting up, taking another long draw from his pipe before giving Katahnia a light smack on her rump, "Go an' fetch your sword. I'll be ready.."

As she moved off, Cauwyn smiled after her for a moment before setting about to ready himself. He emptied his pipe and blew it out, making sure it was cool before putting it away along with his tobacco. Then he slowly stood, muscles aching and joints popping as he stretched. Cauwyn swung his arms in a few sweeping circles and then, satisfied they were stretched, began bouncing on his toes to get his blood pumping.

Leaning down next to the fire Cauwyn picked up his sword belt and through the baldric over his shoulder, cinching the belt at his waist. He followed up by picking up his shield and strapping the thing to his arm. Drawing his sword Cauwyn gave the blade a couple of spins forward and back to loosen up his wrist and then started toward a clearing away from the fire.

"Alright," He said with a smile, turning toward Katahnia, "T'night your gonna try fightin' a fella with a shield. It's a bit different, obviously, so yer gonna have t' watch not just m' sword, but th' shield too, yeah?"

visualspice

OOC: I Should be sleeping but..
I POST ANYWAY!
So.. sorry if it's crappy  and lame D:

----------------

Katahnia gave a yelp when he smacked her rear.
"Cauwyn!" she shouted, though it was hard to chastise the man, or take her seriously, when she was smiling about it. "I'll be sure to make you pay for that." she promised, nose to the air in good humor as she strolled off and fetched up her supplies. Slipping the blade from it's sheath, she admired the blade for a moment and the way it seemed to glow int he moon light. Smiling, she noticed her reflection, but then behind her, she could see Cauwyn preparing himself and at his words to be wary about his shield, she turned around suddenly, crying out as her sword struck and smacked off the side of the shield suddenly- the noise loud and sharp before she pulled away, dancing lightly upon her feet with a grin.

"So you're going to cheat?" she said, eyes dancing as she began to dance around him, feeling the rhythm in her stride, testing the weight of hte blade as she eyed him, smirking.  "That will just make your defeat all the sweater by trying to cheat me out of it by using your shield."
BUt she couldn't help but smile, recalling the time they spent beneath him as he protected her from those men....
Washing the thought away, she made a quick dash to the left and swung up, hoping to catch his arm holding his blade off guard, before swinging back in hopes to disrupt the weight of the hold on his shield, before stepping back against and thrusting forward, hoping to nail a light poke to his shirt on his stomach.

Doc

Katahnia's initial strike almost caught him by surprise, but instinct took over and he tucked his arm against his body bracing for the blow. The sound reverberated through the forest causing Duskrider to snort and flatten his ears as he gave Cauwyn a vicious glare. Cauwyn paid the horse no mind, keeping hard eyes locked onto Katahnia. She was used to training with the loving hand of her father. Cauwyn had never had that luxury growing up. He had learned, and as a result survived, because the lessons he had been taught were as brutal as they were effective.

"There's no cheatin' in a fight, princess.." He reprimanded as he watched her begin to dance around him, goading him. Her smile was a stark contrast to the hard set of his jaws and intense stare of his eyes, "Just winnin' or dyin'.. Sometimes, both.."

As she lunged left Cauwyn raised his shield, but instead of striking shield side she swung for his sword arm. While he may have looked hard and stoic outside, inwardly Cauwyn was pleased at the tactic. It was smart and with her lighter weight and speed a solid choice. All he had time for was to pull his sword arm back, his blade catching hers as they rang out in the night. From there she struck across at his shield to throw him off balance. Had she been a two-hundred plus man it may have worked. Unfortunately he had her on weight and strength, so what little give his shield had wasn't much of an opening. As she lunged in Cauwyn twisted his hips hard to the left to create space without backing up and giving ground.

His counter attack was simple and practical. None of the fancier sword play that was seen more in theaters and duels than on the battlefield. Had he been wearing armor he could have trapped her sword with his shield against his body, but dressed as he was that would have been asking to be disemboweled. Instead as he turned Cauwyn drove his sword down vertically in front of his body striking his blade against hers and driving it down towards the ground and away from his vulnerable core.

Immediately he pushed off with his left foot thrusting forward with his hips to throw weight behind his left arm, which drove his shield forward like a punch. The shield rim was steel and though recently mended, still held a few kicks and dings that just couldn't be hammered out. Of course he was fully prepared to stop himself, to pull back at the last second before he actually hit her. A strong shield strike could break bones and gash skin, neither of which he much cared for the idea of happening to her!

visualspice

His sword strike pushed her back, and when the shield came forward, her eyes went wide to see him using it as a weapon. SHe barely had enough time to slip back and away, sword sliding from his as she jumped back, braced the weapon before her as some sort of shield and let out a noise the moment the shield bashed off of it and sending her off balance as she went down to one knee in the mud.

Yes, this shield was not fair at all. Pushing off the ground, she panted and gestured towards him.
"How am I suppose to get around that?" she started, frowning a bit before she smiled. "But I suppose there must be away. After all, you're only human and as vulnerable as I." Her eyes glittered with mirth, her eyes ever tactful, taking in his stance, his weapons and trying to think of a way to get through it. She had to get him to drop it somehow-
but how? SHe didn't want to actually harm him, not that she ws sure if she really could.

Just because she knew some swordplay, she was well aware Cauwyn was probably ten times better than her at this sort of thing.  So, keeping that in mind, she contemplated playing off of that fact. Cauwyn was better than her.  SO she made a tired noise, shook her hand loose against the hold upon her sword before attempting at him against, smacking her sword a few times off of his shield to see how he'd handle it before drawing away, keeping always light on her feet, before dropping to her knees suddenly, and sweeping a leg towards his, hoping to send the man off balance while her sword arm pinned her weapon to the ground behind her to give her an extra ounce of power in her vault.  It might have seemed a silly move, considering his shield could smash her legs if she was not careful, but she was hoping she could be just fast enough to have her sweeping legs knock his out.

Doc

"Yer faster," Cauwyn growled in response to the question. While his lessons had been beyond brutal, they had been effective. Even still, Cauwyn refused to visit that sort of training onto Kat. When he was a child he had been given no instruction really, simply shown the basics and thrown against seasoned vets to get cut and beaten down. As he grew older, he was punished for losing with even more beatings or flogging or, if he was lucky, extra duties like cooking and cleaning weapons. He learned hard and fast, but he would not do that to her. He couldn't. As Katahnia came to her feet, and called him human, Cauwyn grunted his agreement. She had heart and smarts, and on top of all of it he cared for her too much to hurt her as he had been.

The leg sweep was a good idea, but Cauwyn saw it coming. She had almost distracted him with the probing hits, but they hadn't been strong enough to be a real attack. She was probing him, trying to shift his focus and Cauwyn knew it. When she dropped low and shot out her leg he only had a split second to react. He drove his shield down hard. Hard enough to crack a rock beside her leg, but he missed her leg anyways the shield less than an inch from her knee.

The sweep caught his legs, but even he couldn't fight momentum. His left leg buckled and he stumbled  briefly to catch himself only to loose balance entirely. Cauwyn toppled backward, throwing out his sword arm to help break up the fall even as he tucked in his shield arm, protecting his body from such a vulnerable position.

"There ya go!" He growled with an edge to his voice, almost masking the pride, "Coulda crushed yer leg, but yer gettin' it! Cauwyn immediately pulled his legs in and twisted his hips to bring them under him. He came up onto one knee, shield and sword both at the ready, "Come on, now! Ya got me at th' disadvantage!"

visualspice

Katahnia stumbled back, panting as he was low to the ground. she had to smile as he goaded her on, and gripped on tightly to her sword, nodding as she was quickly back on her feet and swinging her blade at the shield, testing it's weight before deciding to do something, on a whim.
She kept beating at it, keeping his focus merely on her sword before summoning up more strength and thrusting forward, slamming sword to sworda nd raking it heavily across the metal arched front of his shield.
ANd then she backed away a few steps and rushed forward, leaping onto it as he would have been flinching back to parry her initial sword attacks and kicked forward, boots stepping up and over the shield, kicking off and launching herself into the air over him, tumbling as she hugged her knees to her chest and then landed in a crouched behind him in the dirt.

Thrusting her sword forward, she pointed it at Cauwyn, hoping to catch a gentle poke at his ass. Breathing heavy, hair about her face, heart racing inside her chest while her eyes sparkled in excitement.

Doc

He was starting to get a little angry with her. While she uselessly hammered away at his shield dulling her new blade Cauwyn knelt gathering his breath. He was still sore from the previous two days and while he enjoyed the rest, the fact she was letting him rest only proved how far she had to go. She still thought of this as a game. Cauwyn decided then he would need to change her mind and though he knew she'd be mad, he set himself to the task.

Before he could act however she changed her tactic attacking at his sword. Cauwyn practically snarled with anger at the assault, easily parrying aside her blade as it drew across his sword and pushed his shield back giving him even more protection.  And then something unexpected happened. Before  he could react he felt her weight hit his shield. Confused at first, as his vision was blocked by the shield briefly, he was about to push her to the ground when the weight disappeared. For a split second he caught sight of her above him and his eyes widened with shock.

Cauwyn launched himself to his feet and turned hard to his shield side, tucking the shield against him. He felt the shield rim meet the blade and push it aside, away from him, but he also felt the blade tip dig a neat little scratch against part of his ass cheek and hip. He hunkered into a defensive position, shield in front of him and sword leveled point first toward her, but made no move to attack. Over the top of the shield the surprised look on his face slowly turned into a proud smile.

"If'n ya were tryin' t' kill me," He said in a much lighter tone that held the hint of pride, "Ya woulda gashed me good 'nough to hobble me.." Cauwyns head nodded approvingly, "That points yers, princess.."

And then just as quickly the accolades were over. Cauwyn lunged forward, shield first, and then swung his the heavy metal shield in a wide swath to clear his path. At the same time he pivoted on his front foot and pushed off on his back, throwing his hip into it as he swung his sword down in diagonal arc toward her, starting the exercise again. She had impressed him and that only meant training would get harder for her from here on out.

visualspice

Katahnia smiled at him, cheeks blushing softly at his words. So she stuck her chin out.
"Then I shall take the point," she said with a graceful bow, then raised her sword again, only to be surprised when Cauwyn came after her again. She wasn't entirely prepared for it, and found herself stumbling back a few paces to get out of the way, tripping over her boots as her back landed against the hard bark of a tree. Yelping in surprise, she thrust her blade out defensively, bracing herself in case he came at her in another attack.

OOC: Sorry it's short! Making a few quick posts before bed D:

Doc

"Don't give ground!" Cauwyn chastised with an angry growl. Though she had been surprised and had tripped back against the tree, Cauwyn showed her no mercy. Because no one would show her any if she were in a real fight. With her back against the tree, Cauwyn tucked his shield in close and swung his sword in a horizontal arc in front of him, aiming for her sword. If he could knock it away, she would be exposed. And he had his shield ready to teach her how dangerous being backed against a wall(or tree) and exposed could really be.