Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hot Chaos (M)

Started by visualspice, January 04, 2013, 11:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yes, all manner of ladies i'm sure," she quipped, smirking quite content with herself before she turned around and handed him her brush. "Maybe you should try this sometime?" she suggested, and simply walked away, though a playful air was about her, and her steps, less forlorn as she paused in the middle of her room, them turned towards the spiderwebbed and rotting posts of her bed frame. The sheets had been plucked try, and what remained was a mildewy feather mattress and a single pillow. It was too charred to fetch  price, and as she picked it up, it broke the small spider web that hd been attached to it. She sat down, reflecting, brushing her hand across it before hse sighed again.

She had no idea what she expected to find all here, but all she was finding was haunted memories and ghosts.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Doc

"Myeh!" Came Cauwyns quip in return, along with a childish face as she walked past. Cauwyn looked down at the brush in his hand, turning it slowly to see what sort of price he could fetch. It seemed in decent enough shape and he started to put it into one of the many pouches on his belt when he caught sight of his reflection in the mirror.

He'd seen his reflection before of course, in rain puddles and shined metals, but never in an actual mirror. He stood quietly for a time, staring at himself with a rather blank look. The comb set on the dresser he reached up to touch the scar on his chin and then another lighter one under his left eye. He moved his hand out and then back and then out again, watching his reflection mirror his movements. The idea struck him that the mirror might be cursed, because that's what witches do, and he stared to turn away when he remembered the comb. Tentatively he picked up the silver comb looking between it and the reflection of his hair. Holding the thing like a knife he raised it to his head and took one swipe. The sound of the bristles pulling through tangled, knotted unwashed her only sounded about half as bad as it felt when it echoed across the still room.

"Gah!" He panicked and jerked harder going so far as to drop his spear to use both hands, which only made it worse, until the knot tore free and the comb game out. "Ow, what th' fuck!?" Cauwyn stared in the mirror at the awkward swipe of combed hair amongst the rest of his shag. With a growl he stuffed the comb into his belt and then picked up the spear, turning to stare at Katahnia.

"What?" It was his turn to huff, though he didn't do it as well as she did and he knew it. So he simply turned and made his way to the door, stepping out into the hall to wait for her before she tricked him with some other kind of magic trap.

visualspice

Katahnia had been beside herself, mostly consumed in internal thought, so when she moved toward the door to leave and spotted his hair, she gave a start, hand going over her lips. Though it couldn't hide the laughed gasps he made, nor the smile that blossomed on her cheeks and eyes.
"Well.."S he began, smoothing her hands down her ruined skirts. "I suppose half of your hair at least looks tamed." She eyed him up, then added as she walked passed... "But I suppose the rest could be said about you?" she only afforded him another glance over her shoulders before moving her way with grace down the hall.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Doc

Cauwyn scowled at first, falling in step behind her so she could continue her sad walk down memory lane, but as he thought about it the humor in the situation became more and more apparent. The scowl faded and a grin spread and eventually, only five paces later, Cauwyn laughed quietly to himself.

"I don't know princess," He said with a somewhat chipper tone from behind, "half just don't seem right, don't ya think? I mean, I did have ya to myself unconscious at myself for most tha night.." Behind her, he looked like the proverbial cat and canary, "An' yer no worse for th' wear.. Must be worth at least... two quarters yeah?"

visualspice

Gasping, she turned towards him, swatting at him, but her hand only connected with air.
"Manners!" she siad in a huff. "Really, it is not proper to even jest over such a situation." Katahnia squared off her shoulders. "Even though my country is in ruins, I'd least to think I'd have my dignity in tact." Her eyes were sharp as she looked at him, cheeks burning fierce.

Doc

Cauwyn rolled his eyes at her chastising, but he grumbled his agreement anyways. Though he didn't think it was still her country, he could at least be kind in the remains of what used to be her home. And besides, manners were part of being a better person right? Yeah, he could do that.

"Of course ya do, princess," He cleared his throat, "Ah, duchess yeah? An' I won't be makin' no more jokes about it neither. We'll just pretend it didn't happen..." Cauwyn said as he closed the distance, coming up beside her. It was just better, for manners sake, if he walked beside of ahead of her. It wasn't that he was starring... well, it was just better to not be behind her...

visualspice

Katahnia turned sourly away, cheeks still burning at his comment. Really, did he have to go and bring that conundrum up again.  But after a time, she itched over it and had to paused, lowering her gaze.
"Though I suppose I should thank you for.. for not taking advantage of such a situation." She frowned, shook her head and waved it off. "But the topic is best left forgotten." ANd she moved forward, walking more briskly down the hall until she made her way towards the gaping mouth that lead intot he over grown courtyards that had once graced the world wiht it's tamed beauty..
now remained a tangled mess of tall, sky reaching weeds.

Katahnia was taken back.
As much as she knew what to expect, it was still jarring to see her believed gardens in ruins.
She clutched the hand that rested against her breasts and sighed.

"Just another image of ruins.."

Doc

Her thanks was unexpected and it brought a small, tight lipped, smile to Cauwyn's chapped lips. He decided not to comment though, considering his newfound attempt at being less of a...what had she called him? A cad, that's right. Yes, Cauwyn decided it was time to stop being such a cad. And really, it wasn't that hard. When she thanked him, instead of making a comment that would no doubt anger, he simply grunted and made an effort to look strait ahead instead of at the neckline of her dress. Progress!

Cauwyn made about two steps farther than she did when he realized she had stopped at the entrance to the garden and turned to face her. It was sad to see the dismay on her face and, for a brief moment, Cauwyn wished he could fix it. Rebuild the gardens, anything to help. The moment passed however, though he still felt bad for her. Clearing his throat, Cauwyn gave the place a look over before turning back to her. He offered up a somewhat half-hearted hopeful smile.

"Look, a wise woman once told me that no matter what happens in your life, no matter who dies or what burns, no one can take the memories of before from ya.." He repeated the words as softly as he could. It had been a pleasant thought as a boy, but once he grew old enough he learned the truth that there were many many things that could take pleasant memories from a person. He was about to offer up another saying when something flashed across an open balcony above and to the side. Cauwyn whirled to face it, but it was already gone.

"Did... did you see that?" He asked somewhat distractedly as he turned in a slow circle, watching viewing rooms and broken rooftop.

visualspice

Katahnia turned to him, listening to his words with a gentle ear, though the movement, she had seen it to, eyes following it, neck craning.
Blinking, she turned back to him and nodded.
"Yes, but.." she shook her head, tucking back some of her hair as she pressed forward. "Many creatures could have sought shelter in these ruins since the-" and she moved forward, foot finding a root as she began to tripped forward towards the dirt..

OOC: lol...
She's so graceful XD

but he lieks playing catch right?
If not..
FACE IN THE MUD

Doc

OOC: I think Cauwyn is going to invest in a 'special' helmet for her!

IC:

Cauwyn was in the middle of undoing the strap holding his shield to his back when he heard Katahnias voice cut out. He dropped his spear and released the shield strap which sent both clanging to the ground in an effort to catch the falling duchess. Not to mention the sharp sudden twist did nothing wonderful for his aching back and ribs.

"Grah!"  Cauwyn grunted in pain, barely catching her in time and at an awfully awkward angle, "Don't they teach you t' fuckin' walk at any of them fancy schools!?" He snapped with anger driven by the pain. While his back was turned however two separate shadows paused on the edge of the far balcony to peer down at the two for a brief moment before they darted away in two separate directions.

visualspice

WHen she was caught by Cauwyn, she gasped and turned to him with a start.
She opened her mouth to retort, a blush gracing her cheeks when she noticed the shadows over head, and then, gasped again.
"I saw it again!" but this time.. it was just odd, and her brow furrowed curiously.
Turning her attention back to Cauwyn, she then blushed at their close proximity.
"Well, why don't you place me down so I can try again?" she humbled him with a less tempered response, though her cheeks would not stop burning.
"And I think there might be... some weird bird or..t hing watching us." She frowned, not quite understanding what that thing might have been.
"Unless my mind is playing tricks on me."s he added, wearily.

Doc

A few short breaths and the pain began to subside and along with it his anger. When she responded in such an unusually apologetic tone, the anger was all but gone. He stood there holding her, a small smile on his lips, until she mentioned something about putting her down. Now it was his chance to blush slightly.

"Oh, yeah.. Heh," Cauwyn started to right her up when she mentioned the shadows and the sheepish smile faded away to something far more serious. He kept one hand gently on her arm until he was certain she was steady while scanning the area, "Yeah? Where did ya see them at?"

He caught sight of a quick movement to his left, but when he turned to face it he saw another to the right. With a low grow he moved slowly to where he had dropped his shield and spear, kneeling to pick up both while he kept his eyes moving around their surroundings.

"Princess?" His voice was quiet and calm, but rang with a sense of urgency, "You or your family didn't, ya know, curse this place or nothin' did ya?"

visualspice

Katahnia frowned.
THen she set her jaw with a sigh.
"I should say not." Frowning, she studied him. "We weren't witches, and, despite being sabotaged, our magic was never meant for such things." Blinking, she looked around, shivering as an unsettling wind swept pass.

"Perhaps we should move away from this place..."
As much as she'd like to stay and reflect, even she felt some haunting presence here.

Doc

There was a clanking sound and then the two massive shadows showed themselves from the other side of the garden. Two men in simple fur and leathers came sauntering forward with wicked smiles. One man carried a simple wooden shield and a rather wicked looking cudgel and the other a net that clanked softly as he spun it.

"Oi!" Called at the man with the shield as he took a small step forward of the two, "You two be trespassin' on our property! This is our castle, ya see, an' I don't remember invitin' either of ya for no social events in m' garden.."

"I don't know," The one with the net said in a deep gruff voice, his attention focused almost solely on Katahnia, "might shoulda invited that one.. 'fact, think she might should stay.." Both men chuckled at the idea.

Cauwyn for his part, just held up his spear as though he were trying to caution the two, or maybe even surrender, "Now look fellas, we didn't know this was yer castle.. We can leave, it ain't nothin' to us.."

visualspice

OOC: Aaaaaaaaand, insert Kathania's pride, which will probably get them killed lol

IC:
Katahnia gasped at the sight of two unruly men, but only narrowed her gaze at them as she squared off her shoulders.
"I can assure you this is not your castle," she informed them through her teeth.  "And I am hardly interested in fraternizing with such rude vagabonds." Well.. Cauwyn aside, anyway.

The men only laughed.

"The woman's got a tongue on her," the one man said.

"I wonder how it'd taste?" replied the one with the net.

"Suppose we ought ta try it out?" the raspier man said with a predatory grin. "Git 'er with the net!"
Katahnia's eyes widened as she realized, just a bit too late, she was goading these men on without a weapon...
"Cauwyn.. oh boy.. I think it's about time we-"
And  the net began to sail into the air their way.
"That we run!" she shouted, scrambling to turn away as the heavy net blackened the skies above them and came crashing down around her (them?) with it's metal weight.

OOC: I'll let you decide if he'd also get caught, assuming they were standing together lol

Doc

OOC: Cauwyn just LOVES his new friend!

IC:

Cauwyn turned his head very slowly, very deliberately, to stare with a wide eyed glare at Katahnia. For a woman with no weapons and as far as he could tell little to no balance, she certainly had no issue goading on the two armed me. His lips moved to mouth the words 'What the fuck are you doing?' at her, but it seemed she wasn't paying attention. No, she was doing a much better job of getting their attention.

And the she got his when it seemed to dawn on her that arguing with the armed men might be a bad idea. As soon as she turned to run Cauwyns attention snapped back to the other two. The net had already crossed half the distance and Cauwyn found himself with time for only a quick action. He jumped backwards, close to Katahnia, and raised his shield. He also yelled 'fuck'.

The heavy metal netting came crashing down around them. Each of the little iron joints were barbed with small spikes sharp enough to cut clothes and pierce flesh without digging too deep into the captives body. The weight of the thing drove Cauwyn down even as he tried to protect them with his shield, forcing him down onto one knee.

"Damnit woman," Cauwyn hissed quietly under his breath, "I hope you have a plan in mind.."

"Looks like I got both!" Hollered the one who had thrown the net. He looked rather smugly pleased with himself as he started forward.

"You mean we got both!" The other corrected following on the other mans heels, his cudgel spinning in hand, "Should catch a fair price at the auction block, though I think we may 'ave t' sample the goods first!"

Both men were laughing when the man with the cudgel whistled back into the dark, a signal to others Cauwyn could only imagine.

visualspice

"Curse me all you want, the little good it'll do us!" she replied with a huff, though pouted a little as she felt the pang of guilt inside her. "And no, I was thinking I was armed." She winced, pressing close to him as the men moved forward to examine their prize.
Katahnia bared their teeth at them, green eyes flashing with anger.
"Well, ain't this one a tart?" one of the men smirked and poked towards her hair. Katahnia pressed herself closer towards Cauwyn.  "Don't worry little lady, we won't 'urt you too badly."
And he laughed, laughed so terribly Katahnia could smell his breath and suddenly leaned into Cauwyn as she held a hand over her face.
"Gods.. I think I might be killed by his breath,"s he whispered. Then, peering up at Cauwyn she asked. "You don't happen to have any bright ideas?" She frowned, knowing full well this was her fault.

Doc

"Can't you, I don't know... burn them up or somethin'?" Cauwyn whispered back to her. He couldn't really see what was happening from behind his shield, but he could hear the footsteps of their approaching feet. His spear was trapped beneath the weight of the net as well. He gave the spear a quick yank, but the barbs at the head that made it effective now effectively trapped the weapon.

"Ah, tsk tsk tsk" Someone new clucked with their tongue, pulling the spear out the other way. Cauwyn grumbled slightly, the pain from the falling rocks making it hard to hold the weight of the shield with the net on it. The slavers laughed at his straining and then with a crash one of them brought a weapon down on the shield with repeatedly hammering blows.

Cauwyn growled and bared his teeth, but he was being driven back against Katahnia who had moved up against him. Just as he was about to collapse they stopped and the laughter surrounded them again.

"Come on boyo, just give it up. Who knows, a few years in the mines might give ya the strength to hold that shield!" The man who had thrown the net laughed.

"Aye, just let it go.. We're gonna take the girl anyway. Might as well save yourself the pain.." Came another unfamiliar voice.

The man with the cudgel kneeled down outside the net facing Katahnia with a broad, lecherous grin, "Ahh, don't worry none lass. You'll have good fun... maybe. I know we will!" And to that the laughter started up again as well.

visualspice

OOC:  Lol, she's never really used offensive spells *snickers* would be funny if she tried and it back fired..
or blew them all up XD~

IC:
Katahnia shot Cauwyn a glance.
"I was taught never to use such magics!"s he informed him haughtily. Though as she turned around and was being prod at with lecherous looks she sort of wished she had.
But the laughter is what did it.

"Well, perhaps it's time to try it. There's always times for a first" she said, flicking her wrist towards the men and concentration, and before she knew it, a flash of orange and a hot blast flared towards them, even startling her as she fell back against Cauwyn in a huff- blinking, wide eyed as the men outside the net began to scream and flail around... ON FIRE.

Doc

OOC: Or if it had done something totally random, like launched fish at them or something!

IC:

While she was debating whether or not it was right or wrong, Cauwyn was coming up with a plan of his own. He started loosening the binding strap on his shield, knowing that his best course of action was going to be using both his weapons. The heavy net had already started gouging into his recently repaired shield and now it seemed to have hooked its self thanks to the beating earlier. He was about to make yet another smart-assed comment to Katahnia involving her choice of studies when she suddenly released a bright flash and a wave of heat.

That certainly got everyones attention. The blinding hot flash also helped with another issue as it burned its way through the net. Cauwyn twisted suddenly, which hurt like a bitch, and was able to jerk his shield around and in front of her. It helped for two reasons. One, he would be able to use his weapons. The second, and maybe a bit more important to him, it would shield her from watching the men burn or seeing much of anything.

"Hold this.." Cauwyn said with a somewhat feral grin and a growl before slipping arm from the binding, and from around her, leaving her with the large shield to cover herself. With the net dislodged and the men in panicked shock Cauwyn came to his feet with weapons in hand. There were still three of the five not burning, but their faces had gone white in the face of the magic fire. Cauwyn moved quick, the room resonating with the wet smacks as steel cut into flesh and bone mixing with the screaming of the men who burned.