Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Homeward Bound? [chandonr]

Started by Paia, June 19, 2014, 12:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paia

Paia hummed to herself; a tune which she hadn't heard since her childhood, when her mother would sing it to send her to sleep and comfort her. Ironic, that this little ditty should come to her mind now when thoughts of her parentage continued to haunt and torment her. She patted the neck of the chestnut destrier she had stolen from the stables and readjusted her seat in the saddle: war saddles were not made for comfort.

Looking behind her, she squinted her eyes against the sun over the skyline of Connlaoth. Any moment now, they would notice the horse had disappeared...would they notice she was gone? Probably, if only because they would then have nobody to discipline for stealing honey cakes. Cook did make good honey cakes...

She wheeled the stallion round, and kicked him on to a strong gallop, heading back to Connlaoth, to her family, to her home...and to a life, of persecution and torment, of hatred and of the unknown. The destrier suddenly spooked and reared as it caught sight of something flitting through the trees. Though she did not see it, she...sensed it? This had happened before, though she had never found what it was that she had sensed. She looked all around her, brandishing Iddryn with little of the grace and delicacy that she had spent the last 13 years learning. The Civil War in Connlaoth had put her, and others like her, on the edge of a cliff of the unknown. The only thing that was certain was the surety of death. No, the only thing for it was to travel to Adela where her kind was accepted at least and where she might actually get some answers.

Satisfied that nothing was about to immediately jump out and eat her, Paia turned the big horse around and carried on, at a much slower pace this time. A few miles down the road, the feeling of being watched returned and this time, it did not leave...

chandonr

Lilla laid back in her bed with her eyes open. Papers were scattered all around her bed. She had been working all day on business plans, and this was the first break she had taken all day. As she laid on her bed, she opened her mind to the stream of thoughts flowing through the city. Lilla had to actively focus on not hearing thoughts,so it was more relaxing for her to let them flow in.

She could only hear loud thoughts while in this mode. Thoughts that people were thinking about intensively or people who may be in an argument. Her mind started to drift through Reajh. Most of the things she heard was about people who forgot to do something, affairs, and other things of that note. Then she came to something interesting.

"She's gone, she's gone, I just know it." Lilla heard. She had to stop the flow. She did not recieve visuals unless she looked for them. Her mind naturally heard the thoughts of others, but she had to focus on using her powers to do much more than that. Lilla located the echo from where the thought had originated. She focused in on the person and saw a woman. Lilla pushed her way into the woman's mind and listened to what she was thinking.

" Why Ansgar did you have to make her a mage! I should have checked her room more often. Now the horse is gone and everything. She didn't leave to long ago, maybe I can... Lilla pulled out of the woman's mind, she had heard all she needed to hear.

Lilla continued to lay in her bed, but now she had closed her eyes. She looked around the outside of Connlaoth and searched for human signals. She treaded lightly, not pushing her will to far into anyone's mind. She could tell if the person was a Mordecai with ease, mainly because their mind is like a black hole. She had realized that she could look over a vast area through the telepathy in a overhead like view. When Lilla did this, she saw some black spots closer to the city, these were Mordecai's. But then she saw a woman, a little bit further out.

She tried finding something in the area to look through. There was no human that she had met in the area, and Lilla could only look through people's eyes if she had become acquainted with their mental waves. But then, she noticed something giving off enough mental waves, but seemed less complex than a human. It was a horse.

The horse's mind was relaxed, and the mind waves were far less complex than a human. This made it easy for Lilla to use the horses eyes. When she began to look through the horses eyes, she saw the forest. The horse never raised his head high enough for her to see who was riding it. But this gave Lilla enough reason to go to this place. She left the horse and locked on to the particular area. She focused. She could feel herself traveling through the astral plane. It was like her subconscious knew the place by heart, and allowed Lilla to flow through it with ease. A blink of the eye later, a bright pink light would glow. It would start as a orb of light and then quickly grow to match Lilla's exact figure, curled hair, pink lipstick and all.

She could feel the grass beneath her feet, and could see the horse in front of her. Lilla saw a woman sitting on top of it. She couldn't see the woman in detail however.

"Miss! Miss! Please can you stop for a moment," She raised her white dress that she was wearing. She tried to walk faster towards the woman. Even though the dress was  going through grass and mud, it never seemed to get dirty.

Paia

She barely noticed the woman who had appeared, until she was almost on top of her the horse having stopped suddenly and pitching Paia over his head. She landed, hard, and lay there dazed for a moment until her head stopped singing.

Having caught her breath, she steadily raised herself up using the stallion as a leaning post. She dusted herself down, but only succeeded in spreading the thick, claggy mud further. Paia patted the neck of the stallion and muttered a sarcastic 'thanks' before turning around to eyeball the cause of the commotion. She looked the lady up and down, from head to toe taking into account her perfectly coiffed hair and far too clean dress. Looking at her own dirty, musty clothes and greasy hair caked in mud, she felt distinctly overdressed.

"Whatever it is, I hope it is worth...this" She waved her hands up and down her body.

chandonr

Lilla began to catch up with the horse. She was not winded, and her figure was still perfectly maintained. She smiled as got to being close enough to the woman, so that they might be able to hear each other through regular speaking.

"Hi! Sorry to be intrusive, but I'm actually from the city and what you are seeing here is really just.. a projection. It's kind of hard to explain but the reason I'm here is because I'm a telepathic mage, and I heard yelps through my head from a woman about someone who ran away because she is a mage. The reason I'm here is because I really want to help you, and try to guide you in whichever direction you go. Is this making sense?"

Lilla was starting to ramble towards the end. She didn't want to confuse or scare the woman so she just stopped to see if what she said was understood by the woman.

Paia

"Quiet!" Paia made hushing motions with her hand and leaned in closer "Do you want to get us both killed?!" She looked around her and smiled sheepishly. Realistically, as far flung from society as they were, nobody was likely to hear. That being said, the Duke of Connlaoth had ears and eyes everywhere.

Paia walked around the horse and grabbed the reins before vaulting into the saddle.
"Im sorry, but I am sure I have no idea wjat you are talking about and I am sure you have the wrong person...nobody would miss me." With a forlorn look, she slowly turned the horse around and continued back down the path she came. Considering how much weirdness had seeped into her life lately, she had no wish to further sink into the mire. At least, not whilst she was still in Connlaoth

chandonr

Lilla knew with her telepathic power that there were no sentient beings in the area. She would be able to tell if, even a Mordecai, was in the area. She saw that the girl had continued moving, which caused her to go into a slight jog.

"Please, just wait! I've scanned the area, you have nothing to fear. It's just us in the area." Lilla continued. " But there are people in Connlaoth that care about you, and I'm just here to make sure that you at least know what's going on. And how you can help in your own nation"

It was easy for Lilla to tell that the woman had just had some experience with running away. The emotion in her voice was too high.