Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Poison of Pleasure (M)

Started by Lion, August 15, 2013, 03:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

The breath came out of him when she kneed him hard in the groin.  He doubled over and held his most valuable assets until the pain subsided.  He looked up at her and crawled to his feet as she clung to his bannister.  He stepped quickly to the next landing and stood in the doorway.  He stared at her for a moment and was about to take a step toward her when there was a sudden knock at his door.  A quite unexpected one at that.  He peered at her curiously before turning toward the stairs.  He waited as the knock came again, expecting it to be the valet, but another voice arrived that made his eyes widen.

"City guard!" the voice called.  "Open the door!  Someone complained of a disturbance, sir.  Open the door!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jinai stared at Jude for a long moment in surprise before her face wrinkled angrily.
"I knew it," she growled, unreasonably. "I knew you called the guards." And she gripped on more tighter tot he banister, for a moment finding strength as she swung her leg over and let herself fly down to the bottom. All she had to do was get her things and get the hell out of there.

The landing was painful, and she bared the pain as best she could, but her leg would never be the same. Damn Torak for framing her. Damn Tenran for busting her leg. Damn Jude Armand for selling her out. DAMN MEN. Damn them ALL.

Now with her clothing in sight,s he could get to her drugs, her weapons and...
with a quick spin, she was heading straight for her source of hope, her crutch... when suddenly she found herself knocking over a nearby large vase, a rather expensive and rare, priceless vase that wobbled a moment as Jinai gasped, watching it fall and SMASH into thousands of pieces upon the floor.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude watched her for a moment as the knocking continued.  He immediately rushed back to the second floor and down toward her just in time to watch her try and collect her things.  "Stop!" he hissed. "I swear I didn't!" he said as she did so.  "How could I have called the guards when we were upstairs having sex?  Stop for a moment and think!  And you'll owe me for that fucking vase!"  He quickly moved toward her and tried to get her to stop moving and making so much noise.  "Stop!  Please!  I'm begging you!" Jude pleaded.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"The hell I owe you anything!" she spat, and was quick to grab her things, rummaged through them and within seconds, produced a small knife, that of which was pointing towards him now as she began to back away..
"Just stay right where you fuckin' are," she warned, just as her ass hit into another vase.. knocking it over and smashing it- it's debris joining that of the first vase in an array of dust and sharp shards of painted clay.
It was at the sounds the guards from the front door shouted again.

"If you don't open up, we'll ram the door open on the count of three! One...."

"Shit."

"Two.."

Her mind was in a whirl, how the hell were they to get out of this one.!?
ad at the last count, she thought of something awful, and threw herself at Jude so they both toppled tot he floor as she began to have 'pretend sex' witht he courtesan the very moment the guards stormed inside.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude was in a panic and his mind was moving fast just when the guards threatened to break down the door.  His eyes flashed back to the knife in her hand and just when  he though she was going to lunge at him, he aave a yelp when she tossed him to the floor.  The door broke and Jude's wide eyes turned back to Jinai in sheer confusion at watching her start moaning outloud.  He was quick to catch on and his arms immediately went around her and he smashed his lips over hers, as he heard the guards storm up the stairs.

Jude kissed her hotly, turning his head to block the view of the guards.  Part of his mind was on the guards, the other on the knife, another on making it believable.  So he even pulled his pants down half off his ass as he moved over her. 

"Ansgar's beard!" the sargeant cried out at the act he saw. Jude perked his head up, throwing his body weight all over her, to not only keep her down, but keep them from seeing her face.  He looked over at the guard.

"Is there a problem?" Jude asked.

"I apologize, sir.  But there was a report of a disturbance.  There were loud noises and  woman screaming..."  Jude just smirked at the officer and gave a shrug, giving Jinai a good hump as a signal  for her to squeal.  The guards seemed to understand, blushing deeply as a result and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry to bother you two...  We'll see ourselves out."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai gave a moan, but it was forced, one acted well over the years to mask the pain she was feeling from their sudden predicament and the extreme use of her recently reinjured limbs. So the moment the guards were gone, Jinai was swearing up a storm at the pain, and only then she realized...

"Wait, you could have just turned me in," and she loosened the grip on her blade, whcih.. she hadn't foolishly lost, and had kept well within her grip. She narrowed her eyes upon his suspiciously.
"What's your game?"

Cause she knew hers, and if she had to, the man would become a eunuch if it came down to it. And not a very pretty one.

Lion

Jude sat up and looked at her with narrow eyes.  "Yes, I could have," he grumbled.  "But I didn't!  Now will you please calm down!?" His hand instincticely reached for the wrist that held the knife and held it away from him. "I think I'm starting to figure out why you're really here...  You want my book...  Well I'll tell you now, you're not going to get it...  But if you're wondering whether I know something you don't...  I do.  I might be willing to work a trade.  Are you familiar with the name Renna Cartiste?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai stared at Jude and tried to keep her face indifferent, but it was a hard feat to do.

"What about her? Another courtesan like yourself? What are you getting at? Going to reference me to one of your friends?"

Lion

"Hmm," he pursed his lips.  "I don't share clients.  But I know what makes Renna Cartiste special...and I also know there are some other people who suspect it.  There are plenty of people willing to pay for that information.  But I might be willing to give it to you instead.  Renna is in danger."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai stared at Jude for a long time.
"So you're close acquaintances with her then?"
Never mind all of the giggling words Renna told her about Jude. She tried to play this off with nonchalance, but Jinai had lost a lot of humility that day before him, and it would be difficult for her to save face, even now.

Lion

"Not exactly," Jude said with a frown.  "But I know of her.  And what she's about to get into.  But the information I know is that someone else knows about Renna's little gift too.  I have some pity for the poor girl.  She deserves better.  But time is running short."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai narrowed her gaze.
"And what exactly do you know?" Then she paused to look him over. "And why do you care? A man living in a place like this... why would you even bother with the war? It obviously doesn't affect you."

Unless he was some mage with powers of seduction... but she wasn't about to go there. Cause she hated him. But the sex was good.

Lion

Considering they were still in a rather compromising position, Jude couldn't really get away from her.  But the question indeed made him squirm.  Like she, he was an expert of many masks, those learned over extended years of practice.  But his expression only hardened.

"Honestly," he replied.  "I couldn't give a damn about the war.  If men wanna kill each other over something stupid, so be it.  But Renna is another matter altogether.  Let's just say it's personal."  His body grew tense, his mind lost in thought for a moment and his eyes grew almost glossy with whatever thought lingered on him.  If he was on the verge of tears, he quickly blinked them away.

"I'll tell you more if you would get off me and put that knife away.  I know Renna's little gift has her funneling out pieces of information certain interested parties wouldn't want others to know.  I'm not sure exactly how she does it, but I know she's a mage.  And sooner or later, someone is going to find out."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai's eyes narrowed upon him poisonously before she drew the blade away and moved to step off of him.
"Tell me everything you know and start at the beginning," she began, before offering him a dark smirk. "We have all night, so don't spare me any juicy details."

Lion

Where she was grinning, Jude only frowned at her.  She got off him and pulled his pants up once more and peered at the mess she'd made and cursing at the fact.  He moved away from her and toward a closet in the corner and pulled out a broom.

He swept carefully and peered back at Jinai for a second.  "I can tell you that I saw Renna at a party in Falkenrath  once, it was her introduction so to speak.  But that was the extent of our acquaintance," he said as he swept, pushing the debris to the side and away toward the wall.  "But her name came up once when I had a client a few months ago...  They said their husband was an official in the war department or something of that nature, wishing to acquire a sweet young asset of his own.  The client was obviously livid about the whole subject, which is why she came to me in the first place.  In any case, she said she had seen the young girl doing something strange and unusual with a small manor rat. Almost looked like she was talking to it.  Either the girl was off her wire, or she hoped to the devils she was a mage.  At least to humiliate her husband.  The woman was drunk of course, of her own choice.  But you'd be amazed at the truth that comes out with a little liquid courage."  He laughed and set the broom off to the side.  "She went on to complain about her husband, a Sir Arther Christy, and said he was one of the higher ups, did a lot of work behind closed doors n such.  Well, I found some of those colleagues.  And now that Renna's for sale, they've been looking at her too."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai remained quiet to digest what he was saying, but instead of inquiring into what he was proposing, she asked something else.
"So you hardly know the young courtesan?" She kept her eyes upon the shards of vase he was sweeping.

Lion

Jude finished brushing the shards of the ruined vases off to the side and carefully placed the broom off in the corner, dusting his hands off.  He looked at her thoughtfully for a moment before answering.  "Not personally," he said decisively, before taking a seat on the couch again.  "No doubt she probably knows of me, or at least my reputation.  Reputation is just about everything in this line of work.  But her, not much more than word of mouth.  Though, I would like to get better acquainted with her if I could.  Then again, maybe it would be better if she were not to associate with me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai stared at him for a long while, thinking over her words carefully before accusing, "Yet you accuse her of being a mage." She said it almost thoughtfully, a little bit bitterly, and avoided his gaze all together. She stared around the room, at all the money his 'charms' and 'reputation' brought in.
"Seems to me you might be full of shit. You've got plenty of acquaintances and friends as far as I've heard." And she idly played with a hanging marble from some expensive looking and delicate statue beside her, resting on the mantle.

Lion

The green of his own eyes burned and he leaned back.  He really could have cared less about what she thought.  She was the one that came here, not the other way around and he would be just as happy to throw her out the window if that was what she wanted.  "Perhaps," he replied.  "Perhaps I'm not.  And put her life on the line more than it all ready is.  Do you really want to take that gamble?  Then again, you can barely walk and you throw yourself down a flight of stairs.  Maybe I overestimated you...and there's nothing you care to do to help Renna.  Then so be it.  I didn't even get into the real juicy details."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai stopped playing with the statue, the brass ball falling off as she did. She glanced over at him meanly.

"And what are these other 'juicy' details," she inquired, not letting her green eyes leave his.