Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Poison of Pleasure (M)

Started by Lion, August 15, 2013, 03:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

It was a night like any other and the cigar smoke billowed up lazily from the ashes as a large hand dashed it out at last remaining tufts of ash hanging from it into the small crystal tray and leaned the half smoked cigar leaning against the dipped side to keep it from rolling off and burning the hardwood floors.  Up and out the smoke clouded into the evening air.  The city always looked beautiful by star light.  And if there was anyone that could appreciate beauty, it was Jude Armand.

The smoke danced until complete dissipation, and a cool wind fluttered the curtains of the slightly opened balcony door.  He sat on his terrace of his townhouse, a parting gift from an old acquaintance of quiet repute and one he thought of in that moment.  Enjoying the view on the second floor of his three-floor home wasn't something he did often.  But he felt on a night like this, with the way the stars were blanketed out over the city as it held in its quiet tension, he couldn't afford to miss it.

There was something about the air that gave him a sense of calm.  A new client would be coming tonight, as the message sent by courier stated.  A friend of a friend, one that shall not be named, was sending another prospective client by the name of Lilia Thames, or so the note stated as well.  He carefully folded the note, following its familiar creases and tucked it away underneath the ashtray.  A new client mean new expectations.  Though he couldn't say those were quite on his part; he was just going through the motions.  And there would be the same old questions, trepidations, and even fears.  But if all went well, and there was little worry that it wouldn't, well...that remained to be seen.

The same thoughts ran through his head as to the strings attached to any new client and just what they entailed as far as he was concerned.  Her husband no doubt was in a position of some import.  And he obviously wasn't taking care of business, or else he'd be out of business.  That was usually how the story went.  Of course there was more to it than that.  He wasn't afraid to pull in a certain favor if he needed it now and again.  That and it always helped to collect a little dirt and dust from time to time.

If one was paying attention, they would be amazed at all the secrets and stories that could be amassed from the noble families of this great and powerful land.  Of course power was only as useful as one's will to use it.  And there was little the same rich and powerful wouldn't do to keep those secrets locked away.  It helped to keep his collection as discreet as possible; people didn't like others knowing things about them that they wouldn't readily tell the local Churchman.  And there of course, were always others who were more than willing to get their hands on particular pieces of information and would pay a high price for it.  But Jude could never be sure just how much he wanted to sell it for.

The time piece in his hand opened with a click as he checked the time.  It was getting nearer eleven o'clock, the time the note said Miss Thames would be arriving.  Jude didn't waste much more time in closing the time piece and putting it away and grabbing what items he'"d taken out with him on the balcony, closing the door, and  putting each back where it belonged and dashing out the cigar.  It didn't take long for him to get ready, a quick rinse and clean clothes, fresh and pressed trousers with a starched shirt and polished boots, soon completed by a simple doublet with gold-inlaid buttons.

He stared into his mirror and raised each brow, time and again, testing which look seemed better suited, but he supposed it was much too soon for a smoulder.  Those could be reserved for later dates.  For now, he returned downstairs to the foyer, awaiting the chime of the bell to signal the arrival of his guest.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Jude Armand, male courtesan, played at games well. Or so she heard. But everything now was a dangerous game since the start of the war. Not only was one of the Free Folk's inside sources at great risk, but it seemed a man, probably ignorant to what information he might posses, could expose Renna Cartiste for what she truly was. It wasn't like Renna's powers were obvious, but if anyone captured or decoded any of her secret messages she sent out from each nobleman's home she had stayed, then she could be hanged for siding with the enemy. Or beheaded.

So for today, Jinai was going to play pretend. The dress she wore was extravagant, and the woman she stole it from would (hopefully) not miss it, since it was no longer 'a la mode'. But with a few alterations, it worked wonders on her, a ruffling red dress that was embroidered in chains of silvers and dotted with lines of real diamonds that dazzled as they captured the sun. A veil was swathed over her head, exposing only her green eyes and little else, for a decorative hood blended into a fashionable hat was fastened over top of her hair, so the only indication of her hair color were the dark blonde brows she possessed.

Jude Armand...
She repeated the name inside her head so as to commit it to memory. She was a 'new client' for him; a lady of means, and a lady of money, and she practiced playing pretend for this role for a solid week. Then again, if any sense of doubt was plotted, she had an armory of stories to use against him. Besides, not everyone knew the secrets of the well- to- do. And she knew they had quite a number of them. It seemed Renna was always too pleased to share with her that sort of intel with a giggle or two.  The girl was cute, innocent even, and it seemed the war was hardly affecting her. Did she not realize how much in danger she was? Then again, the same could be said about Jinai Rinstgate. But then again, she cared little for herself.

As the carriage approached, she gestured towards Mursh, her 'valet' so he could slow. The bay horses paused outside the door, and Mursch came around to the side, opening the door to let Jinai out. Stepping outside, her green eyes instantly went up towards the large window here she saw the silouhette of a man above. It seems he was waiting for her.
Good. Perhaps they could get down to business quickly.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

The sound of horse hooves clop-clopping on city pavement was enough to signal her arrival.  By carriage no less, he thought, how extravagant.  But he couldn't help his smirk.  It wasn't uncommon for newcomers to want to show off their wealth and status even in the dead of night.  It was nothing on his part to complain, money was money after all and those that came here usually owed their visitation to some degree of unhappiness or dissatisfaction in their lives.  Money could apparently only buy so much.  And it was not his place to remark or make reply.

He peered through the curtain nearest the window and saw a woman exit from the carriage and approach his door.  He brushed a hand through his hair and cleared his throat, straightening his collar before approaching the door as well.  The bell chimed and he waited approximately ten seconds as usual before opening the door.

He peered at the lady, lovely as she was and gave a gracious bow of his head.  "Ms.  Thames, I presume," he greeted with a warm smile.  "Please, come in."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

At her name, 'Lilia Thames' rose her head. Her green eyes took him in with scrutiny before she nodded and replied, "And you're Jude Armand, the entertainment?" A subtle sparkle glossed across her eyes as she turned away from him and began to look around the manor. She supposed this place was as good as any. But my oh my, he had a flare of extravagance here. He must have a lot of patrons. ANd that sent even more ideas inside her head. Oh the dirt she might be able to uncover here. Then, turning back to him, she gave an impatient sigh.
"Will you show me around or not? The hours of night are quickly waning. Or are your expertise elsewhere that you prefer just looking?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude chuckled at her impatience and gave a nod.  "The night is young and long," he replied.  "And there is plenty of time to look around.  Follow me."  He lead her inside and then peered at her valet.  "I'm afraid your valet will have to wait outside.  House rules, no exceptions.  I can provide all the help you'll need.  Now, sir if you please," he waited for Mursch to depart before closing the door behind him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai gave a look towards Mursh before he nodded and stepped away, the door closing before him. With him gone, Jinai smiled easily, though Jude would only be able to see it through her eyes as she turned around and nodded towards Jude.
"Lead the way."

Lion

He gave a smirk when he back was turned, one that quickly faded as he turned to lead the way through the foyer.  His house was quite large, even for this part of the capital, and it seemed he was more well off than most upper-class families that occupied this area.  But construction was far more tight-knit to be effectively residential and there were more quiet shops around than one might expect.

The foyer was lavish with a chaise lounge and a sofa surrounding a fireplace and a drinking cabinet in the corner.  The stairs rose up to the second floor, curving around with a maple bannister and hardwood floors tracing up all the way.  Ornate paintings were strategically placed to add to the décor, most of them of some natural landscape and one of an evening view of Reajh which resided at the top of the stairs.

Jude moved toward a door at the side of the foyer and opened it for her, allowing her to go through.  It was a reading room, lined with all manner of books and tomes of a private and public collection.  "The kitchens lead just through there in a roundabout fashion.  I don't have many servants as you can imagine.  Just a chamber maid and two cooks, one for breakfast and dinner.  They've all gone home as of now, but I don't think that should be too much of an issue.  Please, would you mind a bottle of wine?  I have quite an assortment.  I think I know just the right one for the occasion."

He led her into the kitchens and opened a small wine cabinet beside the pantry and found a small, round bottle with ornate letters on it, an import of some sort and pulled too glasses from the rafters.  He held the glasses in his hand and moved through another door that led back to a back staircase, smaller and obviously mostly used by the servants.  "Let me show you upstairs," he said with a small smile.  "But please, go on, tell me a little about yourself.  What are your interests?  What brought you here?  And how may I help you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai took in the place with wonder. So if she wanted to whore herself out to nobleman and ladies, she could have all of this? He was living like a prince, and a part o fher got pinched with envy. So when he asked about the whine,s he had just the sort of plan in place to play up her roll. She turned her nose to the air and looked him over.
"How would you know what wine is appropriate? We've but met."
Then at his inquiry, she let her frown deepen.

"What else would bring a woman of my standing here? I seek a companion elsewhere I can not. And I've heard... good things about you." She eyed him suspiciously. "Though are you really here to hear about my sad story? I'm pretty sure my kind are one in the same. The husband is useless, has about ten other women on the side, and there's no other escape but to seek the same." And she turned from him, finding herself more convincingly flustered than she'd like. Then again, the genuine rosy cheeks would help lend a more truthful face to her role.

Lion

jude walked up the stairs calmly and let her speak on as he did so.  He occasionally turned around to face her and gave her a knowing glance when they reached the second floor.  He gave the right nods here and there as he led her into the second foyer above that opened to the balcony and overlooked the city.  "I know only this particular bottle has a ripe flavor to it, best appreciated before midnight.  The rumor is that it is magically fermented in serendipity with inly the sweetest grapes.  I think, considering the time of night, it'd be a nice treat to enjoy.  And perhaps establish a new client.  But we'll get to that."

He gestured for her to have a seat if she pleased on the lounge and proceeded to twist the corkscrew into the stopper.  He smiled at her question.  "You would be surprised," he chuckled.  "But each one is different.  And if you wanted a distraction, it is the height of fashion for ladies these days to take up crochet or perhaps even some game I heard called golf."  He turned to look at her and uncorked the wine bottle with a pop, smoke emerging from the lid.  "People come here for many reasons," He replied thoughtfully, with just the hint of a coy smirk.  "They come for company, certainly.  Sometimes all they want is an open ear.  Both are important facets of my vocation.  And I don't mind at all.  Please go on.  What kind of work does your husband do?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I'd rather not speak about my husband." She said shortly, but had taken the seat he suggested, her eyes on the wine bottle before she looked up at him. Her face was still hidden, her eyes the only thign visible beneath her veil and wrap before she gave an uneasy sigh. She didn't know why, but the moment she met him, his presence irritated her. It would be interesting if she had to bed him. But for now, she had to find a way to get him to trust her, or at least play this part out until she knew if Jude knew what everyone thought he might know about Renna...

Lion

There was a strange air about his new guest. But if it irritated him or put him off, he did not show it.  While it wasn't uncommon for potential clients to get nervous or antsy on the first meeting, there was something in her body language that signalled to Jude she was putting him on.  But the qquestioned remained: why?

Jude poured her a glass an offered it for her to take if she so desired.  He gave a smile and sat down across from her.  "Very well," he went on.  "Perhaps we should get down to why you're really here then.  Take off that veil so that I may speak to you frankly, face to face.  Now tell me what are your likes and dislikes?  Are there certain anamolies I should be aware of?"  He narrowed his eyes at her and gave a tilt of his head.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Was this how all courtesan's were? Sadly, Jinai just assumed this meeting would be a quick romp in bed and a few hasty after math pillow talk as she shifted uneasily in her chair. Take off her veil? She supposed that was a start; and being as they weren't anywhere in public so others could see her face, she slowly lifted a hand to remove it.

"Do all men like you simply like to... talk?" though she didn't want to sound irritated, she did. Then again, she could play that up in her role, could she not?

Lion

Jude gave a smile at her words, and it craftily touched his eyes but he gave no warmth by it.  Some clients expected as much from the first meeting, but this was but an introduction.  And by her hasty irritation, cleverly veiled as was her face, Jude remained in tune with her every word.  He smiled and took a sip from his glass and leaned back, crossing his legs.  He eyes her a little and recognized the nose of her face but made no show of it.

"Sensitively prudent when choosing a wine and yet quick to skip to baser subjects.  We only just met," he muttered without a smile.  "Is there something wrong with getting to know you before we make this official?  And to answer your question, no, not all men do.  Frankly because there aren't many like me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Yes, she decided she didn't much like this man. With his frilly house and wine and 'talking', she shifted again uncomfortably as he looked at her, unveiled and smoothed a hand down her skirts. Hopefully, most of the sweat would be wiped away.

"Yes, I am aware of your qualifications, though I hadn't expected some of them to be... true."
Or rather, she hadn't come to realize what they entailed. She'd have to ensure she stuck to whatever story she was making up on the fly as she lifted her wine glass to her lips and sipped at her leisure.

"And there's nothing wrong with it." She paused, feeling her brow twitch a little as she added, in honesty. "Just a bit unexpected."
Gods, she'd better not ruin this. The look on his face... he was so passive and calm.
SHe wanted to punch it in.

OOC: Looooooooooooooooooool
I dunno why it amuses me that she somehow hates him for what he is, even though she has no good reason to XD

Lion

[Cause he knows she's up to something and purposefully giving her the ring around.  XD  I'd hate his guts too.]

Jude took a long drink from his glass and said nothing for the longest moment, letting his eyes assess her.  Suddenly he put it down and stood up from the opposite sofa, walking around the table toward her.  "Then perhaps it's time we got to something that you do expect."  He held out his hand to her.  "You want to do business, then let's do business."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai stared at his hand for a moment before rising and making a face.
"I don't think we're quite at that stage in our game," she told him with a frown. "Why don't you tell me a little about yourself first."

Lion

Jude narrowed his eyes at her and rested his hand.  "I am a man for hire," he said simply.  "I am paid to accompany others, to serve as catalysts of coversation, and anything else I may be asked to do.  I know at least four different languages and am educated on the current politics and events and histories past.  I grew up in the east and found a better place here in the capital.  What more do you want to know?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai took his narrowed gaze as a challenge and glared back.
"We could start off by how many other 'patrons' you have. And... What your specialties might be? I heard a lot of men in your position actually prefer dogs." And she was letting her anger get the better of her. But she could remain calm. It was all part of the.guise anyways, or so she'd say to herself.

Lion

He gave a smirk and tilted his head.  It quickly disappeared.  "Now that, my dear lady, would be telling.  I wouldn't be at liberty to say anyway," he answered quickly.  "As for my specialties, I'll do anything you want me to do, within a few considerations.  I do have standards.  But bestiality is far too messy and there are barnyards for such practices.  My specications include me being just shy of six feet, the result of good breeding, and am mid-weight for a man of my stature.  I'm flexible, fit and well-endowed.  And it's not really my style but if it's yours, kinks are extra," he replied unfazed.  "Anything else?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The fact that he was unphased grated on her nerves and she tried to hide back an eye twitch.
Then again, she needed to compose her temper. Why was she so upset anyways? This was a game, she needed to start stepping it up. Then again, formalities were a necessity for this role...
She still visibly frowned as she looked at him.

"You state the obvious, I meant to ask more... in depth questions. Then again, perhaps you know enough about depth?"

Tags: