Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Apple Fritters and First Kiss Jitters

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2013, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This Thread has come from: The Dessert Table and is a private/ closed thread

-----

Still unmarried and under close guard of her mother, young Lady Aella Avelon was of course, attending the great masked ball hosted by the Grand Duke himself! Her violet eyes had turned to stars as she took in the place with wonder. "This place is so beautiful.." she commented, running a gloved hand through her hair as she kept close to her mother's side, looking very much like a lost puppy- and despite now being in her twenties, Aella was just as niave as she had been whens he was just a teen...
and well, just as inexperienced in courting and kisses and things. Her mother kept her on a tight leash, and what she knew about love and things came from her books- the books sometimes even her mother didn't know she had stashed away to read! But oh! A ball! A ball was another chance she could prove to her mother she could find the perfect husband..
But even still, her mother constantly reminded her how the clock was ticking...
and that she would need to wed soon.... and not just anyone! But a perfect man!

"Right!" she told her mother, nodding in agreement as she turned away from her towards the sea of people but..
Oh! My, weren't there a lot of them decked out in their fancy costumes, and each one of them beautiful! Though she had seen a few scary animals- a few bears and wolves and things that made her shiver, but oh! Just being here just lifted her spirits and swelled her chest with excitement.

And quite a few men were noticing, but as usual, Aella was bubbly with her conversation, and her tongue seemed to tangle itself up and well- as cute as it might have seemed to the men, she just felt so embarassed! Eventually, she had managed to break away by herself and sighed ass he wilted over the punch bowl, hoping no one could see her flush behind her mask. It seemed there were a lot of birds this eveing- her mother, a graceful peacock and she-
well...
A purple night n'gale, but most weren't quite sure whihc bird she was, and it was becoming painful to describe, and for just a moment, she lifted up her mask sos he could drink her punch better. Ah, it was really good! This punch had nectars and sweet juices in it, and a little rum too-
Just what she needed

Leaning back against hte table, she brushed a loose strand of her blonde hair from her face and just took time to admire the crowd...
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

According to his sources, this masquerade was a pretty big deal and all the important people would be gathered here; this included the person he'd been trying to get close to for quite some time. Time was ticking and the hour glass was nearly empty and his actions were pushed towards something more desperate. He'd learned about the party through a noblewoman he'd...fooled with , but of course she couldn't get him access to the place because he was a nobody and her parents wouldn't fall for the explanation that he was a new servant.

The Guardian must have been on his side , however, because he encountered a finely dressed man passed outside the palace grounds. Laighean dragged the poor drunken fool into an alley and switched clothing. It was a bit of a tight fit, but it would do. He placed the mask over his face and pulled something out of his coat pocket. "The Guardian smiles on me, "he grinned and kissed the invitation and made his way to the palace.

"Lord Shanley! It's a pleasure to see you," The greeter bowed and Laighean stared at him.

"Uh yeah . That's me. Nice to meet ye too, door guy." Laighean replied awkwardly.

The greeter stared at him as though he were a bit unwell.

"Sorry. I'm a wee bit sloshed. Ah'm wastin' yer time though. Ah'll joost go in an enjoy th' lasses- er party. The party, that is. Have a nice evening. " Laighean hastily went in , leaving the poor confused servant behind.

He wove his way through the lords and ladies, eyes sweeping about for signs of Duchess Melora. He had no idea how he'd manage to get close to her. Maybe he'd accidentally bump into her and cop a feel but he had no idea where the item he was looking for was. She should be wearing it, according to his research , but what if she wasn't? Then what ?

He made his way over to a refreshments table and noticed a fine lass helping herself to some punch. Grinning behind his mask, Laighean moved closer to her and replied humorously , "Ye might want t' save some punch fer the rest o' us. "  To her he might have appeared to be a tall stranger dressed in white, silver and blue with the visage of a ferocious white tiger masking his identity. They hadn't seen one another in quite some time so she might have recognized his voice or not.

visualspice

One drink wasn't enough, so she went to have another, and as she went to pour it, her eyes went up to a man dressed as a tiger...
and of course, when she turned the ladle over, she missed, and soon the punch was spilling it's pinkness ontot he table.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Laighean watched the lady fumble with the ladle and spill punch on the table. He noticed her eyes were on him and he grinned, quite pleased to have her attention. He kept his tone humorous, "Whoops. Careful there. Ah dannae think the table wants a drink, lass. " He tilted his head and regarded her curiously now, "Ah'm sorry. Ah dinnae scare ye , did I? "

visualspice

Despite his words, Aella kept pouring and pouring...
Until her mind caught up to her. Letting out a small scream, she didn't even bother to look down at the table as she pointed the wet ladle at his face.
"It's.. It's you!" Her lips fell open even more. "The boy from my closet!"
She could never forget that voice!

Paradox

Laighean cringed at her scream and took a step back as the ladle was thrust shaking inches away from his nose. He held up his hands and smiled disarmingly at her, "Well, nice t' see ye too. So ye do remember me?" His ego swelled. " Although ye might wanna refrain from making comments about me coming from yer closet. People might get the wrong idea about us, if ye know what ah mean. " He winked at her.

Standing at a snack table across from them an elderly noble woman was staring at the pair of them with her mouth hanging slightly open. When she noticed Laighean looking at her she pretended to be looking elsewhere. Laighean smirked and turned his attentions back on Aella, "Well, ah must say, Princess. It's been awhile , hasn't it? How've ye been? " His eyes had looked her over more than once since he'd approached her. He grinned, "Ye've done a bit o' growin' up, ah see. " He whistled, "Ye're quite the bonnie one now, aye?"

((Let's just assume the people from Ardal are weirdoes who talk like Laighean  and that Conall can disguise his accent because he's practiced with that. *sage nods* )) 

visualspice

Aella caught his eyes on her chest and gasped, before dropping the ladle on the floor.
"I-" Oh! What could she even say to that except... uh oh...
"I.. I feel... faint?" and her face twisted questionable before suddenly her legs gave way beneath her.

OOC: awkward fainting scenario ftw 8D

Paradox

Poor Aella. She was such a sweet and innocent lass. So easy to tease and get worked up. "Woah...I gotcha. " He moved forward quickly and caught her in his arms, " Ah'm sorry. Ah'm comin' on a wee bi' strong, aye? Ah can behave meself. Here, let's find ye a place t' sit fer a spell, " He guided her over to one of the chairs at the end of the table and helped her to sit down  "Joost a moment." He left her there and then came back with a wine glass filled with water. He offered it to her, "Here ye go. Yer face looks a wee bi' flushed." He took a seat next to her.

visualspice

Having a spell she was! In fact, he was seeing stars! This had never really happened before, ok so.. maybe it had but seriously, she wasn't quite sure what to do with herself but was relieved to finally be sitting as she took the water and guzzled it all down.
Then after a moment, she turned to him and suddenly- pinched him!
"Are you sure you're real?" she said, then moved to pat his cheeks which- his mask was in the way of.

Paradox

Laighean jerked in his seat and exclaimed as she pinched his leg, "Wh-what in th' name o' Ansgar are ye doin'!?"  It didn't really hurt and so he laughed , but the action coming from her surprised him a little , amused and confused!

"Real? What? Ye think I'm a drunken hallucination or somethin'? O' course ah'm real, ye silly gel!" He removed his mask so she could get a look at his face; It hadn't aged a day. He looked exactly the same as the day he'd awkwardly stumbled out of her wardrobe. "It's me," he looked around to make sure no one was too close and then said a bit more quietly , " Laighean. " He grinned.   

visualspice

ANd Aella stared at him. And stared and stared. The fact he hadn't aged didn't catch up with her mind, so much as how she had forgotten how handsome he looked as she blushed and...
said nothing at all!

Paradox

Laighean frowned and passed a hand in front of her eyes, "Uh...Connlaoth to Aella. Anyone in there?" He really hoped she'd say something soon because now she was starting to make him feel a bit awkward and uncomfortable! "Say somethin'? Please? Kinda creepin' me out 'ere joost a wee bit. " 

visualspice

She couldn't help herself, even after he inquired if she was 'there', she was still staring! And then she blinked, and it all caught up with her as she gasped out, "You were from my closet!" then she closed her lips as her eyes opened wide. "Right! We established that!" and awkwardly, her eyes shot to her lap.

Paradox

It was now Laighean's turn to stare at her. He blinked several times and then wrinkled his nose and shook his head, chuckling , "Well, not exactly, but ah s'ppose it looked that way. Ah'm from a place called Aerona. Ah tried t' explain this before when we met, but ye kept going all weird and jelly-like on me. Ah'm really sorry 'bout tha' by the way. Ah never intended t' er...come out o' anyone's closet space and make ye think ah was some kind o' pervert. It joost sorta 'appened. " He shrugged and adopted a helpless look, " Ah cannae control 'ow mag- er things work. " Right. Connlaothians went all rabid whenever someone so much as uttered the M word.

He moved his chair a little closer to her, "So, 'ow is yer mom? Does she still wanna kill me?" He grinned. It really wasn't that funny because Melora probably wanted to torture him and THEN murder him in probably the most horrible way imaginable.

visualspice

Aella sat there, awkwardly chewing on her lips.
"Oh.. about her..'" she said, shuffling around upon her chair uncomfortably. "Well, yeah, she sort of got really mad about that." she dusted invisible dust from her dress. "And she has a good memory. She won't forget." ANd she kept her eye down shamefully- because really- she had been forbidden to ever tlak to him again!

Paradox

"Oh." Laighean's humor died then and he blinked, feeling surprised and fairly horrible. "Wow. She must really not like me. " He sighed, "  Ah'm sorry, t' hear that, princess. I dinnae know ah'd gone an' made sooch a fuss. Ah er...dinnae get ye into too much trouble o'er that, did ah?"  He hastily replaced the mask on his face just in case the overprotective Duchess suddenly appeared and recognized his face.

visualspice

Blinking, she peered up at him, then around, and hunched over to lean towards him so as to speak so that others could not listen.
"The thing is, she is afraid of you. We all our." she frowned. "Mages are just.. well, scary." To put it bluntly. "And how on earth is it that you've come here? This ball is very secure, with only invitees only.." but then upon seeing something in his breast coat pocket, she noted it was an official invitation as she gasped.
"I sthat.. is that an official invitation!?" she sat back in wide eyed shock. "How did you get that?"

Paradox

"Ah s'ppose that's a fair point, " Laighean conceded with a shrug, "but that depends on the person and what they choose to do with their abilities. Ah'd ne'er hurt ye, Aella. Ah've ne'er really hurt anyone. "

When she inquired about how it was that he'd managed to get in here he grinned wickedly at her, " Magic." It was pretty obvious that he was pulling her leg , but this was Aella. So he added with a shrug, "Oh , ah was joost in th' area and ah passed some poor fellah passed out on th' ground an' ah 'elped meself a bit. It's a wee bi' o' tight fit , but ah'd say ah look rather dashing, aye?" He waggled his eyebrows at her and cut the most ridiculous expression, a really cheesy grin that looked anything but sexy. 

"Ye're not gonna be a good gel and tell on me, are ye?" He pouted. "Ah promise t' behave an' be on me way 'ome by midnight! Ah'll return me borrowed things t' " He pulled the invitation from his pocket to make sure he'd remember his phony name "Bryant Shanley? Hm. What kind o' name is that? "

((lol...Aella goes to tell on him....))

visualspice

Aella, not phased by his charms (infact they went over her head and well, the face he made.. she didn't even know...)
But she WAS phased by his story as she gasped.

"You knocked a man out in the street and stole his clothes!?" Oh! Such an idea could make her faint!

Paradox

"What!?" Laighean had no idea where she got that idea! Oh wait....well, maybe one could draw a conclusion like that. I mean, it really did seem pretty damned convenient when he thought about it. However, that wasn't the point! The point was that he couldn't believe she'd think he'd do something like that!

"No! He was drunk and ah joost borrowed them! " He explained, placing great emphasis on the borrowed part! "Don't look at me like that! Ah'm gonna return them! Ah joost needed a way in and this seemed like a better idea than climbing in through a window or something."

Oh yeah, that made him totally not sound like a criminal or a stalker or anything. "Ah'm not here to stalk ye, joost so we're clear on that too." He added because given how many times he'd conveniently bumped into her and , well, their first meeting....it really did seem as though he was a creep!